Team: 2019-20 Buffalo Sabres
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 3, 2019
Published: Dec. 3, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
BUF
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (EDM)
Additional Details:
Would be a good depth winger for oilers and could play on top line.
BUF
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (WPG)
Additional Details:
Bogo has lead our team in ice time since being back and has been one of the best dman. He can play 20+ mins and take mins away from young jet players. And will not cost a lot
WPG
  1. Bogosian, Zach ($2,500,000 retained)
BUF
  1. 2020 3rd round pick (NYI)
Additional Details:
Islanders could use some depth on defense and scandella and jokiharju have been one of the best pairs in the NHL. As long as islanders keep his minutes under 18. He could be huge pickup for them.
OTT
  1. Rodrigues, Evan
  2. 2020 3rd round pick (EDM)
  3. 2020 4th round pick (BUF)
Additional Details:
They would get the best of the third round pick and if he reaches certain point total it goes to a second.
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the NYI
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the DAL
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$74,679,167$0$4,740,000$6,820,833
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Ottawa Senators
$2,937,500$2,937,500
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 5
$2,275,000$2,275,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,550,000$1,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$845,000$845,000 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LW, C
RFA - 2
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$2,775,000$2,775,000
RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 1
$1,325,000$1,325,000
G
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
LD
UFA - 1
$3,875,000$3,875,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
D
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 3, 2019 at 1:11 p.m.
Well, I just don’t see Risto returning such a player as Marchessault, if he could return a player of this level, then he would already be trading in the summer after he requested a trade. I would also prefer to trade for Tuch rather than Marchessault, of course, if there was an opportunity.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 2:21 p.m.
BigDog91
Quoting: SalamiCheese
Well, I just don’t see Risto returning such a player as Marchessault, if he could return a player of this level, then he would already be trading in the summer after he requested a trade. I would also prefer to trade for Tuch rather than Marchessault, of course, if there was an opportunity.

So tuch has a lot more value and marchessault has been been decreasing point total since breakout on pace for 50 points this year playing on top line. tuch could easily step up and take his spot and they need d help to make a run.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 2:52 p.m.
Relax guys . Knights are not trading Tuch . Only team friendly contract they have
Dec. 3, 2019 at 4:00 p.m.
Quoting: BigDog91
So tuch has a lot more value and marchessault has been been decreasing point total since breakout on pace for 50 points this year playing on top line. tuch could easily step up and take his spot and they need d help to make a run.

Well, I still don’t see them trading Marchessault for Risto. It’s easier for them to find a deal for another cheaper RHD, which may have a contract ending in the summer, than to trade their top 6 forward for a dubious player.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 4:31 p.m.
BigDog91
Well, I still don’t see them trading Marchessault for Risto. It’s easier for them to find a deal for another cheaper RHD, which may have a contract ending in the summer, than to trade their top 6 forward for a dubious player.

Is he a top 6 forward? 50 point player is more like third line player
Dec. 3, 2019 at 4:59 p.m.
Is he a top 6 forward? 50 point player is more like third line player

Of course he is the top 6 forward, does Skinner too third-line player? Marchessault had 75 points the year before last and had an excellent playoff. Last season he had 59 points and also a good playoffs. Vegas fans really appreciate him and that’s right.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 5:09 p.m.
BigDog91
Of course he is the top 6 forward, does Skinner too third-line player? Marchessault had 75 points the year before last and had an excellent playoff. Last season he had 59 points and also a good playoffs. Vegas fans really appreciate him and that’s right.

Skinner is on third line and still on pace for 30+ goals. If he was playing eichel his totals would be a lot higher. And I am sure vegas likes the player but they have a lot wingers out performing him. Tuch, patches, Smith and Stone. And he is getting paid 5 mil for the next five years. Tuch could take his spot and could use that money for a weaker position like defense. Risto is the only defenseman available for long term.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 5:28 p.m.
Skinner is on third line and still on pace for 30+ goals. If he was playing eichel his totals would be a lot higher. And I am sure vegas likes the player but they have a lot wingers out performing him. Tuch, patches, Smith and Stone. And he is getting paid 5 mil for the next five years. Tuch could take his spot and could use that money for a weaker position like defense. Risto is the only defenseman available for long term.

Well, he played with Eichel last season, you probably don’t understand what I'm telling you. Skinner is a great player, Marchessault is also a great player, and I have not seen or heard any speculation about the trading of Marchessault or that Vegas is not happy with him. It's just that Vegas is more likely to tradee a guy like Eakin + prospect+ pick for RHD than trade one of the top 6 guy or Tuch/Glass.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 5:49 p.m.
BigDog91
Well, he played with Eichel last season, you probably don’t understand what I'm telling you. Skinner is a great player, Marchessault is also a great player, and I have not seen or heard any speculation about the trading of Marchessault or that Vegas is not happy with him. It's just that Vegas is more likely to tradee a guy like Eakin + prospect+ pick for RHD than trade one of the top 6 guy or Tuch/Glass.

I never heard a rumor I was just saying I think the team would benefit from trading him or Smith for defensive help. I just think they are in cap hell and need defensive help. Eakin is ufa and does not have much value if any, can they really afford trading prospects and picks.

Will they trade him prolly not but I think if they can get a good player I think they should.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 6:23 p.m.
I never heard a rumor I was just saying I think the team would benefit from trading him or Smith for defensive help. I just think they are in cap hell and need defensive help. Eakin is ufa and does not have much value if any, can they really afford trading prospects and picks.

Will they trade him prolly not but I think if they can get a good player I think they should.

Eakin in the deal will play the role of returning the salary, and not the main part. I’m rather talking about the fact that Vegas will probably look for such players as Vatanen or Brodie who end their contracts and who can be obtained not so expensive for futures.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 6:28 p.m.
BigDog91
Eakin in the deal will play the role of returning the salary, and not the main part. I’m rather talking about the fact that Vegas will probably look for such players as Vatanen or Brodie who end their contracts and who can be obtained not so expensive for futures.

So they can be in the same situation next year? That is point I am trying to make. Obviously we disagree.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 7:15 p.m.
So they can be in the same situation next year? That is point I am trying to make. Obviously we disagree.

Well, next year they will get some money in a cap and they will be able to take some steps, especially since they do not need to rewrite anyone. I just see exactly the same offer at HFBoards a month ago and absolutely all the fans of the other teams said that Risto did not return Marchessault, and I agree with them. Look at Faulk trade in St. Louis, Carolina returned defender of the third pair in the deal and prospect of which apparently has problems with production. Risto is not a very good defender for many, especially now all the teams use analytics and look at metrics, there everything looks not very good for Risto. If I could return a player like Kase or Kapanen in Risto’s trade, I would be fine with this, but I don’t expect more. Now, even in the absence of Dahlin, apparently he cannot take the position of PP1, so Jokiharju showed himself well in this position, and when Dahlin returns he will probably be PP1, the Jokiharu will be PP2, and Risto is just a guy who will play for 18-20 minutes with a salary 5.5M.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 8:01 p.m.
BigDog91
Well, next year they will get some money in a cap and they will be able to take some steps, especially since they do not need to rewrite anyone. I just see exactly the same offer at HFBoards a month ago and absolutely all the fans of the other teams said that Risto did not return Marchessault, and I agree with them. Look at Faulk trade in St. Louis, Carolina returned defender of the third pair in the deal and prospect of which apparently has problems with production. Risto is not a very good defender for many, especially now all the teams use analytics and look at metrics, there everything looks not very good for Risto. If I could return a player like Kase or Kapanen in Risto’s trade, I would be fine with this, but I don’t expect more. Now, even in the absence of Dahlin, apparently he cannot take the position of PP1, so Jokiharju showed himself well in this position, and when Dahlin returns he will probably be PP1, the Jokiharu will be PP2, and Risto is just a guy who will play for 18-20 minutes with a salary 5.5M.

I don’t think u can blame the pp on risto. The whole pp was struggling and I think they are just trying to mix it up. As for Faulk. Look at that deal he signed and he can’t play a physical role risto can play. I guess I just don’t think marchessault is as good as you are saying. He is stuggling this year point wise. Unless he is great 2 way player then his value isn’t that high considering he is on decline and signed for five more years.
Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:05 p.m.
Edited Dec. 3, 2019 at 9:56 p.m.
I don’t think u can blame the pp on risto. The whole pp was struggling and I think they are just trying to mix it up. As for Faulk. Look at that deal he signed and he can’t play a physical role risto can play. I guess I just don’t think marchessault is as good as you are saying. He is stuggling this year point wise. Unless he is great 2 way player then his value isn’t that high considering he is on decline and signed for five more years.

I do not blame Risto for PP Buffalo, although he really does not move the puck very well, it seems for him better to just stand in front of the net and have a physical impact. I just say as a fact that the coach no longer even puts him on the PP on the blue line, that is, after Dahlin returns, he will most likely be the third or fourth option on the PP.

Well, what difference does it make which deal he signed, he is not a physical player, but he is also a proven top 4 RHD and I don’t see how Risto’s value is much higher now, especially when I talked about analytics and metrics when many teams look before trading for player, they not only watch his games, but also all the statistics.

Marchessault is a solid top 6 player, of course he is not an elite like Eichel or Gaudreau, but it is quite comparable to Skinner or Reinhart, only Skinner gets 9M and Marchessault gets 5M. How much is it in decline? One season does not seem to me an indicator, if for example this season he will score 65 points, is this a decline? Because in the past he scored 59, and the year before 75, too few games have passed to talk about decline. I thought why Botterill traded for Vesey and a week ago I wanted to be trade him, but now I don’t want to, because he has improved and looks good.

upd. And Marchessault scores three goals tonight. smile

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll