$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,200,000$2,200,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 2
$2,250,000$2,250,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$737,500$737,500
LW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 5, 2019 at 12:48 p.m.
Oilers accept.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 12:48 p.m.
Banned
I like how the guy who finished 5th in Norris voting last season is now worth less then every other defenceman now. I hate this site.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 12:49 p.m.
Canes Baby
Canes say no. Not trading away their future captain
Dec. 5, 2019 at 12:50 p.m.
Quoting: LoganOllivier
I like how the guy who finished 5th in Norris voting last season is now worth less then every other defenceman now. I hate this site.

I was gonna do Rielly for Slavin 1 for 1, but I don't think Carolina would do that.

Rielly is one of the best offensive dman in the league, but he's horrendous in his own end.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 12:52 p.m.
That right side is trash. Highly paid bad at defending trash.

Not to mention the fantasy land that the Hurricanes trade is.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 12:57 p.m.
Pmwalker

The Norris trophy has been a joke for years. It disregards most 2 way or defensive guys and just looks at points. There’s been a few Norris trophy winners who flat out can’t defend. Regardless Slavin is a better all around defender than Rielly as stated before. Hence the add.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 12:59 p.m.
Quoting: newballcoach
That right side is trash. Highly paid bad at defending trash.

Not to mention the fantasy land that the Hurricanes trade is.

Rielly + Johnsson is pretty fair value in a vacuum IMO.

A little bit odd that you think the right side is complete trash. Adam Larsson is a solid #4 defensemen on a fair contract. Barrie isn't solid defensively, but I think Slavin and him would pair well together. We don't really know what Liljegren is, but his numbers in the AHL are really good. We'll see how he turns out.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 1:05 p.m.
Quoting: Lunboxer
Rielly + Johnsson is pretty fair value in a vacuum IMO.

A little bit odd that you think the right side is complete trash. Adam Larsson is a solid #4 defensemen on a fair contract. Barrie isn't solid defensively, but I think Slavin and him would pair well together. We don't really know what Liljegren is, but his numbers in the AHL are really good. We'll see how he turns out.

We apparently have very different visions for what defenceman should be. Barrie shouldn't earn 8 million because he can't defend. Playing him with an excellent defender to make him good enough to play is not what you want to do with an 8 million dollar player. Larsson being a solid #4 is also a bit of a question mark.

Not to mention that you've significantly depleted Toronto's depth at winger, greatly weakened the third line and are trusting 3 rookies with fairly important minutes. And you've raised the salary cap 2.5 million, which is far less than it was raised last year.

I really don't think this is very good, sorry. And Slavin is an absolute stud, if Carolina made that trade they would be foolish.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 1:14 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Pmwalker
The Norris trophy has been a joke for years. It disregards most 2 way or defensive guys and just looks at points. There’s been a few Norris trophy winners who flat out can’t defend. Regardless Slavin is a better all around defender than Rielly as stated before. Hence the add.

People on this site don't know how hockey is played, they just read crap on the internet and listen to other fans and think that means they know how good players are. Rielly is one of the best defenceman in the league, after 90% of fans everywhere beyond TO called him bad for years he exploded last year and it couldn't be denied that he was a legit elite #1 defenceman, fast forward 30 games and he's trash and worth a 2nd pair defenceman because according to idiots who don't know how to play hockey, he is really bad defensively. He isn't, he may not be the best defensively but he's not terrible, he's in fact way above average and has had to deal with Ron Hainsey, Nikita Zaitsev and Cody Ceci as his partners for the past 3 seasons. All 3 of those guys are utterly terrible. But that is Rielly's fault probably.

The reality is, Rielly is an elite #1 defenceman that will contend for the Norris for the foreseable future. The Leafs won't move him. Leaf fans that want to move him are idiots and fans from other teams that think they can lowball the Leafs to get Rielly are also idiots.

This is by no means a shot at Slavin, he's absolutely a #1 defenceman and I very much like his game, he's close to Rielly's level but I'll keep Rielly because he's a better puck mover and better skater. The point here is that Rielly is not some low level 2nd pair defenceman that so many on here like to treat. Those people are also idiots.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 1:16 p.m.
Quoting: newballcoach
We apparently have very different visions for what defenceman should be. Barrie shouldn't earn 8 million because he can't defend. Playing him with an excellent defender to make him good enough to play is not what you want to do with an 8 million dollar player. Larsson being a solid #4 is also a bit of a question mark.

Not to mention that you've significantly depleted Toronto's depth at winger, greatly weakened the third line and are trusting 3 rookies with fairly important minutes. And you've raised the salary cap 2.5 million, which is far less than it was raised last year.

I really don't think this is very good, sorry. And Slavin is an absolute stud, if Carolina made that trade they would be foolish.

You could also move Adam Larsson to the top pair with Slavin. It would be a shutdown pair. Barrie with Dermott has looked good.

Keefe doesn't play the third and fourth guys like Babcock did. Their minutes are greatly reduced since he became head coach. We don't need the insane winger depth when we're paying our top guys a very high percentage of the cap. Let the big boys play while improving the defense.

The cap went up 2 million last year. Early indications are that last year was an anomaly and it should go up more this year. 2.5 million increase is a safe bet.

Can't argue with Carolina wanting to keep him.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 1:26 p.m.
Pmwalker
People on this site don't know how hockey is played, they just read crap on the internet and listen to other fans and think that means they know how good players are. Rielly is one of the best defenceman in the league, after 90% of fans everywhere beyond TO called him bad for years he exploded last year and it couldn't be denied that he was a legit elite #1 defenceman, fast forward 30 games and he's trash and worth a 2nd pair defenceman because according to idiots who don't know how to play hockey, he is really bad defensively. He isn't, he may not be the best defensively but he's not terrible, he's in fact way above average and has had to deal with Ron Hainsey, Nikita Zaitsev and Cody Ceci as his partners for the past 3 seasons. All 3 of those guys are utterly terrible. But that is Rielly's fault probably.

The reality is, Rielly is an elite #1 defenceman that will contend for the Norris for the foreseable future. The Leafs won't move him. Leaf fans that want to move him are idiots and fans from other teams that think they can lowball the Leafs to get Rielly are also idiots.

This is by no means a shot at Slavin, he's absolutely a #1 defenceman and I very much like his game, he's close to Rielly's level but I'll keep Rielly because he's a better puck mover and better skater. The point here is that Rielly is not some low level 2nd pair defenceman that so many on here like to treat. Those people are also idiots.

Until he learns to play better in his own end he’s not an Elite number one defender. He has elite parts to his offensive game but his overall game is far from elite.

You often downplay others knowledge of the sport and then post stuff like this. It makes some question your hockey knowledge if you think Reilly’s an elite number one defender. Just sayin.

No one has called him a low level2nd pairing defenseman.....tone down the Leafs persecution complex a few notches please
Copenhagen liked this.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 1:28 p.m.
Pmwalker
delete
Dec. 5, 2019 at 1:29 p.m.
Until he learns to play better in his own end he’s not an Elite number one defender. He has elite parts to his offensive game but his overall game is far from elite.

You often downplay others knowledge of the sport and then post stuff like this. It makes some question your hockey knowledge if you think Reilly’s an elite number one defender. Just sayin.

Yeah this guy is a pompous doorknob. Rielly is not good in his own end at all. He can't break the cycle to safe his life and is so often out of position.

"Don't know how hockey is played" but thinks Rielly is way above average defensively. Hilarious.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 1:36 p.m.
Pmwalker
You could also move Adam Larsson to the top pair with Slavin. It would be a shutdown pair. Barrie with Dermott has looked good.

Keefe doesn't play the third and fourth guys like Babcock did. Their minutes are greatly reduced since he became head coach. We don't need the insane winger depth when we're paying our top guys a very high percentage of the cap. Let the big boys play while improving the defense.

The cap went up 2 million last year. Early indications are that last year was an anomaly and it should go up more this year. 2.5 million increase is a safe bet.

Can't argue with Carolina wanting to keep him.

Didn’t the cap stay the same and it’s notexpected to rise above 81.5 until after expansion?
Dec. 5, 2019 at 1:39 p.m.
Didn’t the cap stay the same and it’s notexpected to rise above 81.5 until after expansion?

No, the cap increased from 79.5 million to 81.5 million.

A quote from 31 Thoughts by Elliotte Friedman:

"There is an interesting development regarding the 2020–21 salary cap. Because players and agents were trying to avoid putting too much salary into what could have been a lockout/strike season, there is less cash scheduled to be paid out next year. There are some big contracts on the way (Torey Krug, Alex Pietrangelo, etc.), but the overall amount of cash is still going to be lower. That’s good news for escrow haters, because (very early) predictions from both the NHL and NHLPA indicate that number will be very low. It’s too early to know for sure, but that opens the possibility the players add some breathing room by using more of their “inflator” on the cap. They can raise it up to five per cent, but have been going considerably lower the last couple of seasons. Cap-strapped clubs would love that news."

Still up in the air, but we're likely to get more of an increase from last year.
Pmwalker liked this.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 2:22 p.m.
Banned

No one has called him a low level2nd pairing defenseman.....tone down the Leafs persecution complex a few notches please

Hamilton is a #1 defender and isn't good in his end but he doesn't play for the Leafs so he's way better. This is a joke, and I am done with idiots.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 3:15 p.m.
Pmwalker
Hamilton is a #1 defender and isn't good in his end but he doesn't play for the Leafs so he's way better. This is a joke, and I am done with idiots.

Who said anything about Hamilton??? Like I said tone down the Leafs persecution complex and try and enjoy a conversation now and then. Jeez.

PS. Might be a good idea to stop calling people you don’t know idiots. It’s unnecessary. Use the ignore feature and move on
Copenhagen liked this.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 3:45 p.m.
Banned
Who said anything about Hamilton??? Like I said tone down the Leafs persecution complex and try and enjoy a conversation now and then. Jeez.

PS. Might be a good idea to stop calling people you don’t know idiots. It’s unnecessary. Use the ignore feature and move on

never meant to direct at you. I am just done with this site. Its all on me, since I keep subjecting myself to this nonsense but everything is overblown on here. Every Leaf player is crap and everyone else is way better. The current "Rielly is not even a top pair defender" ideal that is spinning out of control is utter nonsense. Put any top defender with Cody Ceci and its going to be a problem. Did you see his numbers from the Philly game? 11% CF! I am pretty sure I could do better than that and I am not a good hockey player.
Copenhagen liked this.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 3:54 p.m.
The current "Rielly is not even a top pair defender" ideal that is spinning out of control is utter nonsense.

I haven't seen anyone say "Rielly is a second pairing dman".

Where are you getting this narrative? One guy? Maybe two?
Dec. 5, 2019 at 3:55 p.m.
delete
Dec. 5, 2019 at 3:57 p.m.
Banned
I haven't seen anyone say "Rielly is a second pairing dman".

Where are you getting this narrative? One guy? Maybe two?

Rielly is getting traded daily on here for lesser defenceman and TO is adding a premium asset with him in all of those. Its a joke. I am just waiting for the Rielly and Nylander for Pesce. Its coming because as I mentioned, this site is ridiculous. Rielly for Slavin straight up isn't fair. Rielly is just more valuable, his defensive game is a lot closer to Slavins than Slavins offensive game is to Rielly's. Adding Johnsson who is a top 6 forward as well is just an insult.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 5:56 p.m.
Pmwalker
never meant to direct at you. I am just done with this site. Its all on me, since I keep subjecting myself to this nonsense but everything is overblown on here. Every Leaf player is crap and everyone else is way better. The current "Rielly is not even a top pair defender" ideal that is spinning out of control is utter nonsense. Put any top defender with Cody Ceci and its going to be a problem. Did you see his numbers from the Philly game? 11% CF! I am pretty sure I could do better than that and I am not a good hockey player.

Anyone who says he’s not a top pairing guy probably hasn’t watched him much. He definitely is. The issue is in his own end. The right partner helps that. It is a pairing after all. Toronto needs a Right handed defenseman who can keep things tidy while Rielly does his thing.
Dec. 5, 2019 at 6:01 p.m.
Pmwalker
Rielly is getting traded daily on here for lesser defenceman and TO is adding a premium asset with him in all of those. Its a joke. I am just waiting for the Rielly and Nylander for Pesce. Its coming because as I mentioned, this site is ridiculous. Rielly for Slavin straight up isn't fair. Rielly is just more valuable, his defensive game is a lot closer to Slavins than Slavins offensive game is to Rielly's. Adding Johnsson who is a top 6 forward as well is just an insult.

The difference between the two value wise is definitely not AJ. That’s silly. Slavin is miles better than Rielly defensively though. Clear edge to Rielly on the offense clearly. The difference in value would be minimal in my opinion and doesn’t matter anyway as both teams keep their guy.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll