Forums/Armchair-GM

Hall

Created by: Fozziebear6
Team: 2019-20 St. Louis Blues
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 1, 2019
Published: Dec. 6, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
IF, and that's a BIG IF... the Blues make a play for Hall I think this is the best offer they can do for a rental.

NJ - Allen gives you an upgrade in net, Sanford is a good depth piece, you get a talented offensive LHD prospect and a 1st rd pick.

STL - gets some much needed offensive help, cap relief to sign 27 and maybe if they can move some money in the off-seaon resign Hall. I dont know if we need Domingue but he was a good backup in TB last year and might be better suited to backup a cup contender than the young Husso. Losing Scottie P sucks as I think he will be good but we still have Walman, Mikkola, Borgman and Reinke as D prospects.

So I guess the question is.... can us Blues fan live with giving up a hot backup goalie, Scottie P and a 1st for Hall? I didnt include Sanford cause I think when the Blues are healthy he might be a healthy scratch on this team a la Fabbri

NJ fans is this enough for you to move Hall to the Lou?

*I set the lines as our roster for the playoffs, hence the negative cap space.
Trades
NJD
  1. Allen, Jake
  2. Sanford, Zachary
  3. 2020 1st round pick (STL)
Additional Details:
Scott Perunovich
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$70,129,594$12,928$732,500$11,370,406
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,350,000$5,350,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,125,000$5,125,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW
UFA - 1
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 4
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$850,000$850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LW, RW, C
NTC
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,475,000$1,475,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$722,500$722,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,150,000$4,150,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$1,150,000$1,150,000
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$1,375,000$1,375,000
RD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 6, 2019 at 1:40 p.m.
Banned
Kreider makes more sense for the Blues. Fits their system better and less expensive.
Fozziebear6 and mokumboi liked this.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 1:50 p.m.
Sam
A lot of Blues fans are totally shunning a Hall trade and I don’t really get it. Like this is most likely the best Blues team we’ll have in the next decade and probably the best chance we’ll have at another cup. If Pietrangelo isn’t gonna sign till the offseason and possibly go to ufa like McKenzie suggested, why would you not go all in this year? If you can get Hall without giving up Kyrou or Kostin you make the trade every day of the week.
Fozziebear6 liked this.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 2:19 p.m.
mokumboi
Quoting: STLBlues17
If you can get Hall without giving up Kyrou or Kostin you make the trade every day of the week.

Yeah, I don't know about all that. He's still a rental and supposedly not a very good teammate. Goalie insurance in case Binny gets hurt, a 1st, a solid LD prospect and a big forward with skill is a lot to give up for a few months of a guy who doesn't care much about team defense or puck possession. Meh.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 2:26 p.m.
Sam
Quoting: mokumboi
Yeah, I don't know about all that. He's still a rental and supposedly not a very good teammate. Goalie insurance in case Binny gets hurt, a 1st, a solid LD prospect and a big forward with skill is a lot to give up for a few months of a guy who doesn't care much about team defense or puck possession. Meh.

The stuff against Hall is probably mostly noise. It’s not his fault he’s had to play for Edmonton and NJ, and his possession numbers have been incredible (especially the past few years.) The way I see it, if Hall is healthy he almost singlehandedly cures the Blues only deficiency which is high-end offensive skill.

You do make a very good point about trading Allen. If we do trade him in an “all in” scenario we’d need to trade for another goalie as well. I don’t trust anyone in our minor league system and not really Domingue either.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 2:57 p.m.

the goal tandem is the only thing that moves me here. allen has been playing well.

perunovich is fine but he isn't a world-breaking prospect in this trade. his international experience is limited and while he's playing well in NCAA, he's already 21 and doesn't seem poised to break out at adam fox, cale makar levels (although who is, makar is a monster). maybe he's undervalued in this trade and the pick value could come down to a 2nd but on a team that already has two playmaking offensive defensemen (dunn, faulk) he doesn't bring a new look to the blueline.

sanford is a big guy and his hands aren't bad but it's insane to me to consider hall a downgrade. size and toughness and truculence are fine and all, but they don't put points on the board. hall projects as a PPG player on a truly terrible new jersey team.

on top of all that, who really cares if an incredible offensive talent doesn't contribute defensively? st louis has (debatably) the strongest defensive corps in the entire league. the team can afford to make some concessions if it involves a dramatic increase in top-6 scoring.

the problem here is while everyone wants to dump allen's contract, he has turned into the single best backup goaltender in the league over the last two months. on top of that, goalie overperformance is what's saving a st louis team that's struggling to prevent high-danger scoring chances and convert shots into goals due to key forward injuries. allen has really secured his spot on the team for the remainder of his contract, and is why st louis shouldn't take this trade.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 3:04 p.m.
mokumboi
The stuff against Hall is probably mostly noise.

his possession numbers have been incredible (especially the past few years.)

The way I see it, if Hall is healthy he almost singlehandedly cures the Blues only deficiency which is high-end offensive skill.

I don’t trust anyone in our minor league system and not really Domingue either.

1- Hmm. It sure seems to be a recurring commentary about him, and from people who would know.

2- His possession numbers only look incredible when compared to the rest of the Devils. He's a career 50% Corsi guy, and is actually under that this season.

3 - We have a skill deficiency? Do you mean health deficiency? awesome face

Besides, gaining a bunch of skill at the cost of the team system isn't worth much in the end. Hall adds goals, but he also tends to add goals against.

4- Yeah, I'm not high on Domingue at all. I think we hold onto Allen until summer, when there will be a few cheaper, capable UFAs available.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 3:30 p.m.
Sam
1- Hmm. It sure seems to be a recurring commentary about him, and from people who would know.

2- His possession numbers only look incredible when compared to the rest of the Devils. He's a career 50% Corsi guy, and is actually under that this season.

3 - We have a skill deficiency? Do you mean health deficiency? awesome face

Besides, gaining a bunch of skill at the cost of the team system isn't worth much in the end. Hall adds goals, but he also tends to add goals against.

4- Yeah, I'm not high on Domingue at all. I think we hold onto Allen until summer, when there will be a few cheaper, capable UFAs available.

I just don’t buy the whole “he would hurt or doesn’t fit the system talk.” If a former MVP can’t fit than the system is broken, and a broken system doesn’t win cups. Also people said the same stuff about ROR when he got traded here. I’ll also still argue his possession numbers are near elite, just look at his isolated impact and RAPM charts from the last few years.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 4:15 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
I just don’t buy the whole “he would hurt or doesn’t fit the system talk.” If a former MVP can’t fit than the system is broken, and a broken system doesn’t win cups. Also people said the same stuff about ROR when he got traded here. I’ll also still argue his possession numbers are near elite, just look at his isolated impact and RAPM charts from the last few years.

One interesting thing I've been thinking about lately - when the trade talks heat up, will the Blues think about the fact that COL or DAL (or anyone in the West) is gonna put up some sort of offer for Hall. After sitting through the Kings and Hawks take their turns winning out of the west in the last decade, I wonder if the FO would have a little more motivation to pull the trigger on a crazy rental. Would have to know the Tarasenko timeline for sure tho, and I think it will cost one of Kyrou/Kostin, so it's a tough call.
Dec. 6, 2019 at 4:26 p.m.
Sam
Quoting: A_K
One interesting thing I've been thinking about lately - when the trade talks heat up, will the Blues think about the fact that COL or DAL (or anyone in the West) is gonna put up some sort of offer for Hall. After sitting through the Kings and Hawks take their turns winning out of the west in the last decade, I wonder if the FO would have a little more motivation to pull the trigger on a crazy rental. Would have to know the Tarasenko timeline for sure tho, and I think it will cost one of Kyrou/Kostin, so it's a tough call.

That’s also a good point, based on the fact that Parayko can and has put the clamps on Mackinnon, I’m relatively confident we can beat Colorado as they currently stand, but if they get Hall... If we got Hall though and Tarasenko is healthy for the playoffs, I’m not sure we’d face a challenge until the finals. I also think fans are overestimating our window as well. If we lose Pietrangelo it’s game over

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll