SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Where Does Hall Go?

Who gets Hall?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 7, 2019 at 8:52 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I don't really see a team that's an overwhelmingly strong fit in terms of acquisition cost, salary cap, need for the player and ability to sign him long term. I think a team like Boston should look into renting him, but they can't really keep him long term. Colorado has been thrown out there a lot, but I still don't think it makes a ton of sense for them to make the big trade, sign him long term and disrupt the chemistry that they've built early on (plus new contracts for Makar, Landeskog and Mackinnon lurking).
Brian2016, palhal and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2019 at 5:39 a.m.
In a way I'm actually relieved that Hall will be traded, as a Devils fan. Overpaying him on an 8 year deal to stay a Devil would have been a huge risk/mistake long term. He would've cost about $88M+ for the Devils. Big time UFA signings are usually a mistake for a rebuilding team. Panarin being an exception to that rule.

I think the. most likely landing spot for Hall is either COL or ARI if an extension is in place. If he's traded purely as a rental, I think BOS, DAL, or NSH are all in the mix. I don't think Shero will trade him to NYI, PIT, or PHI b/c of the possibility that one of these teams re-signs him (division rivals).

I'll choose BOS. They're depth scoring is probably their only weak link and Hall would def. make the Bruins the team to beat, in my opinion.
palhal and Kotkaniemi15 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2019 at 8:28 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
I say MTL, as Bergevin will make a big move to try and save his job
Brian2016 liked this.
Dec. 8, 2019 at 11:15 a.m.
Former Hockey Fan
I hope to god it’s not Montreal, and I trust Bergevin not to make that move. I’ll go with either Boston or Arizona.
Dec. 8, 2019 at 9:55 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: Brian2016
In a way I'm actually relieved that Hall will be traded, as a Devils fan. Overpaying him on an 8 year deal to stay a Devil would have been a huge risk/mistake long term. He would've cost about $88M+ for the Devils. Big time UFA signings are usually a mistake for a rebuilding team. Panarin being an exception to that rule.

I think the. most likely landing spot for Hall is either COL or ARI if an extension is in place. If he's traded purely as a rental, I think BOS, DAL, or NSH are all in the mix. I don't think Shero will trade him to NYI, PIT, or PHI b/c of the possibility that one of these teams re-signs him (division rivals).

I'll choose BOS. They're depth scoring is probably their only weak link and Hall would def. make the Bruins the team to beat, in my opinion.

Quoting: Kotkaniemi15
I hope to god it’s not Montreal, and I trust Bergevin not to make that move. I’ll go with either Boston or Arizona.

The Arizona idea is the most interesting one to me. Chayka won't pull the trigger unless an extension is in place, and it's a huge gamble to give that type of contract to a player without knowing if they' be a good fit. Arizona also doesn't really have the assets to make a move like this. Their farm system is very thin, and their top guys (Hayton, Soderstrom, Jenik, Prosvetov) should all be untouchable in a trade. It's an incredible risk to take for them, but the reward is tremendous. He's not a natural fit in their system, but maybe it's time for Tocchett to open it up a little more, which would welcome someone like Hall.

The team would have to change their style of play to make Hall worth their while, and given the success they've had to start, I can see why they wouldn't want to do that. Who knows if the rest of the team can thrive playing a different way. I'd be curious to see how it plays out for them, but not completely sure it's the right idea.
Kotkaniemi15 and Brian2016 liked this.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 12:00 p.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
The Arizona idea is the most interesting one to me. Chayka won't pull the trigger unless an extension is in place, and it's a huge gamble to give that type of contract to a player without knowing if they' be a good fit. Arizona also doesn't really have the assets to make a move like this. Their farm system is very thin, and their top guys (Hayton, Soderstrom, Jenik, Prosvetov) should all be untouchable in a trade. It's an incredible risk to take for them, but the reward is tremendous. He's not a natural fit in their system, but maybe it's time for Tocchett to open it up a little more, which would welcome someone like Hall.

The team would have to change their style of play to make Hall worth their while, and given the success they've had to start, I can see why they wouldn't want to do that. Who knows if the rest of the team can thrive playing a different way. I'd be curious to see how it plays out for them, but not completely sure it's the right idea.

I agree that acquiring Hall would require some systematic changes, but he's def. better defensively than his numbers show this season. He's great on the forecheck and he's probably the only reason the Devils' PP is in double digits right now as he's factored in on a ridiculous 12 out of 15 PPG's that the team has scored this season. I think the longer he remains available the better the chance he's traded to the Yotes. If they're in 1st place or right near the top of the West at the trade deadline, it's gonna be awfully tempting to go for broke. The fans have to be starved for postseason success.
Dec. 9, 2019 at 1:47 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
I agree that acquiring Hall would require some systematic changes, but he's def. better defensively than his numbers show this season. He's great on the forecheck and he's probably the only reason the Devils' PP is in double digits right now as he's factored in on a ridiculous 12 out of 15 PPG's that the team has scored this season. I think the longer he remains available the better the chance he's traded to the Yotes. If they're in 1st place or right near the top of the West at the trade deadline, it's gonna be awfully tempting to go for broke. The fans have to be starved for postseason success.

While all this is true, you're trading for Taylor Hall because of his offense. Given the Coyotes system, it would have to change if a guy like Hall is brought in, given the price you pay for that player.
Brian2016 liked this.
Dec. 14, 2019 at 6:09 a.m.
Quoting: krakowitz
While all this is true, you're trading for Taylor Hall because of his offense. Given the Coyotes system, it would have to change if a guy like Hall is brought in, given the price you pay for that player.

Is there a chance Hall actually plays for the Coyotes tonight against the Devils? I think given the way things transpired last night he's gotta be traded today. My guess is it's not gonna be Colorado or it would have happened already. At least if he goes to ARI the Devils fans won't get to boo him until next season at the earliest. They already played in NJ.
Dec. 14, 2019 at 7:45 a.m.
Philly Sports Fan
I recently made a comment on a facebook group about Hall possibly going back to Edmonton and the Oilers fans ripped that idea apart. (it was a very thin rumor at the time) Is Taylor not a good teammate as suggested, or is that bunk?
Dec. 14, 2019 at 7:23 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I just have this feeling that Hall will end up in Calgary, either this season or next.
Dec. 14, 2019 at 8:28 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Is there a chance Hall actually plays for the Coyotes tonight against the Devils? I think given the way things transpired last night he's gotta be traded today. My guess is it's not gonna be Colorado or it would have happened already. At least if he goes to ARI the Devils fans won't get to boo him until next season at the earliest. They already played in NJ.

I doubt it would’ve been possible. Also would’ve been bad for Hall to jump right in like that. Best to let him practice or something, but it would’ve been really cool
Brian2016 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 8:23 a.m.
Quoting: Munsen88
I recently made a comment on a facebook group about Hall possibly going back to Edmonton and the Oilers fans ripped that idea apart. (it was a very thin rumor at the time) Is Taylor not a good teammate as suggested, or is that bunk?

I'm not sure there's a team in more desperate need of Hall than EDM. They will not make the playoffs this season with their current roster.
OldNYIfan liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit