Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 11, 2019
Published: Dec. 11, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Move Ceci to have the cap space and available spot on D

Johnsson for Miller
- Leafs need to replace Ceci with a better RHd
- Miller has been good but a healthy scratch on Buffalo as they have too many NHL calibre dmen
- Johnsson making too much for the way he's played this year, being outplayed by guys like Petan, Engvall, Mikheyev, who all make much less
- Buffalo wants forwards and are openly shopping a defencemen

Opening up cap space also allows Leafs to call up healthy scratches and set a rotation in place with guys like Moore, Engvall, Aberg, Spezza, Petan, Gauthier

Unrelated to cap space issues but I would really like the Leafs to acquire Alexander Georgiev for preferably draft picks. Rangers likely to call up Igor Shestyorkin at some point this season and give him a solid look, Georgiev could be moved for a good return for them
Trades
TOR
    Trade Ceci to wherever for whatever
    TOR
    1. Miller, Colin
    Additional Details:
    Buffalo needs forwards and Miller has been a healthy scratch far too many times as they have too many NHL calibre defencemen
    BUF
    1. Johnsson, Andreas
    Additional Details:
    Buffalo already has too many dmen and are up against the cap so they couldn't take Ceci
    NYR
    1. 2020 3rd round pick (CBJ)
    2. 2021 2nd round pick (TOR)
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    23$81,500,000$79,770,199$0$132,500$1,729,801
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $700,000$700,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $11,634,000$11,634,000
    C
    UFA - 5
    $10,893,000$10,893,000
    RW
    UFA - 6
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 6
    $6,962,366$6,962,366
    RW
    UFA - 5
    $925,000$925,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 4
    $3,200,000$3,200,000
    RW
    UFA - 3
    $925,000$925,000
    RW, LW
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    C, RW
    NTC
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    C, LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 3
    $2,750,000$2,750,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $4,000,000$4,000,000
    LD
    UFA - 1
    $675,000$675,000
    RD
    UFA - 1
    $863,333$863,333
    LD/RD
    UFA - 1
    Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
    $3,875,000$3,875,000
    RD
    UFA - 3
    Logo of the New York Rangers
    $792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
    G
    UFA - 1
    ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
    $675,000$675,000
    C
    UFA - 1
    $5,250,000$5,250,000
    RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $775,000$775,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 2
    $5,300,000$5,300,000
    RW
    M-NTC, NMC
    UFA - 1
    $700,000$700,000
    LD
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 12:40 a.m.
    Just Keep Swimming
    "Johnsson making too much for the way he's played this year, being outplayed by guys like Petan, Engvall, Mikheyev, who all make much less"

Your eye test ****ing sucks
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 12:45 a.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Quoting: Random2152
    "Johnsson making too much for the way he's played this year, being outplayed by guys like Petan, Engvall, Mikheyev, who all make much less"

What in the actual ****???? Being out played by Petan lmfao. Has this guy ever watched a hockey game?

You can make an argument for mikheyev but I still think Johnsson has been better.

OP’s biggest complaint... Johnsson did nothing tonight against the Nucks...
    Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 1:15 a.m.
    Fair trade that can help both teams, of course, Kapanen would be a more interesting option due to the fact that he is RW and right-handed, but Johnsson also suitable.
    GMTD liked this.
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 1:25 a.m.

Quoting: Jamiepo
    What in the actual ****???? Being out played by Petan lmfao. Has this guy ever watched a hockey game?

You can make an argument for mikheyev but I still think Johnsson has been better.

You're both spot on. But let me make sure I got this right...is the OP actually suggesting that we trade Mango to make room for Aberg and Petan??? Because last time I checked Moore, Engvall and Spezza already have a spot/role on this team and goat is what he is a 12-13th forward....nothing special but is still a somewhat useful player.
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 1:26 a.m.
    Quoting: SalamiCheese
    Fair trade that can help both teams, of course, Kapanen would be a more interesting option due to the fact that he is RW and right-handed, but Johnsson also suitable.

If your definition of fair is lopsided then I agree.
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 1:48 a.m.
    AJC13
    Georgiev is a number one goalie, not a back up. Teams needing a number one goalie might give up more in trade than a 2nd and 3rd round pick. If no teams in the playoff picture need a number one goalie, then NYR might(?) settle for the offer you're suggesting or hold on to Georgiev. Toronto might want to target a backup goalie which would cost less in trade. Rangers have given up the leagues most shots on goal against and if not for Georgiev and Lundqvist both playing like number one goalies, NYR would be completely out of the playoff picture.
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 2:02 a.m.
    Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
    If your definition of fair is lopsided then I agree.

Where is it one-sided? Miller now is not a healthy scratch and plays well, Johnsson is still a guy with one season at 43 points, who seems to have played in a with Matthews last season. For me It’s a fair deal.
    GMTD liked this.
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 9:14 a.m.

He was invisible out there. He better pick it up soon or I'm hoping Dubas makes this trade!
    GenXHockey liked this.
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 10:43 a.m.
    Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
    You're both spot on. But let me make sure I got this right...is the OP actually suggesting that we trade Mango to make room for Aberg and Petan??? Because last time I checked Moore, Engvall and Spezza already have a spot/role on this team and goat is what he is a 12-13th forward....nothing special but is still a somewhat useful player.

no, you trade Johnsson to get better on defence, that's the whole point of the ACGM. I'm saying moving Johnsson for a defenceman would open up a spot for cheap players who've looked good to get an elevated role in the lineup. Leafs don't need to have full lines stay together, there's three duos: Matthews - Nylander, Tavares - Marner, Kerfoot - Kapanen. guys like Hyman, Engvall, Moore, Petan, Engvall can all play LW and play their role well on any of the 4 lines. I may be incorrect in saying Johnsson is overpaid for his performance but I believe I'm in the majority who would rather pay his money to an actually good RHD instead of Ceci
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 10:45 a.m.

please refer to my response to Sign_em_up000000
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 10:49 a.m.

agree but I think for that reason Kapanen is more valuable and Buffalo would need to add. I also think Kapanen has been a better fit on his line with Kerfoot and Mikheyev than Johnsson has been on his line
    SalamiCheese liked this.
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 10:54 a.m.
    Formerly Jamiepo
    Where is it one-sided? Miller now is not a healthy scratch and plays well, Johnsson is still a guy with one season at 43 points, who seems to have played in a with Matthews last season. For me It’s a fair deal.

PSA

https://youtu.be/wXZetxpQmLg

Johnsson is good and not carried by anyone. That “one 43 point season” was his rookie year and no he was not with Matthews for the entire season. He was also on pace to put up another season over 40 points before he was injured blocking a shot.

Miller is lousy top 4 or a good bottom pair Dman. Does not get you our best LW.

I would be furious if dubas made this trade.
    Sign_em_up000000 and CD282 liked this.
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 10:57 a.m.
    PSA

Johnsson is good and not carried by anyone. That “one 43 point season” was his rookie year and no he was not with Matthews for the entire season. He was also on pace to put up another season over 40 points before he was injured blocking a shot.

And what was the rookie season? He is at the same pace this season, he is not a guy with 60+ points, at least for now. Miller can be solid #5 or #4, he doesn’t play the minutes of the third pair now, apparently you don’t watch the Buffalo game, so it's hard for you to estimate this.
    GMTD liked this.
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 5:20 p.m.
    Quoting: higgs31
    no, you trade Johnsson to get better on defence, that's the whole point of the ACGM. I'm saying moving Johnsson for a defenceman would open up a spot for cheap players who've looked good to get an elevated role in the lineup. Leafs don't need to have full lines stay together, there's three duos: Matthews - Nylander, Tavares - Marner, Kerfoot - Kapanen. guys like Hyman, Engvall, Moore, Petan, Engvall can all play LW and play their role well on any of the 4 lines. I may be incorrect in saying Johnsson is overpaid for his performance but I believe I'm in the majority who would rather pay his money to an actually good RHD instead of Ceci

It's one thing to trade him for D help which I wouldn't be opposed to IF it was for a nice upgrade on the back-end....sadly this is not. Your reasoning for trading him is to find an upgrade on Ceci? Why? He's here for one year than we get the cap space to improve our team through FA while being able to keep Johnsson. If we can't find an upgrade through FA then I agree we need to scour the trade market to see what's out there but not right now.

I get your idea is to create more minutes or bigger roles for some on the roster who deserve it...but what happens when one or more of them get injured and we don't have good enough replacements? Depth is always important, more so on a hopeful contender especially if this is a lost year which it very well could be meaning we can't afford to have another disappointing season again.

If you're going to trade Jonsson for D help...aim higher or just keep him. This trade does not improve the Leafs but it does improve a division rival.
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 5:21 p.m.
    PSA

Dubas should be fired if he made this trade.
    Dec. 11, 2019 at 5:36 p.m.
    Johnsson for Miller is lopsided, no question. If you're looking to trade Johnsson for defense I'm positive you can get a better deal. Miller is Barrie-lite, not at ALL what Toronto needs.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll