UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RD
UFA
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$1,250,000$1,250,000
G
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA
$800,000$800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 11, 2019 at 6:54 a.m.
Lmao i love how you trade for three guys who are 99% untouchable to their teams
GMTD liked this.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 7:02 a.m.
Pocket Aces
Quoting: AFOX10900

thinking he can snag marino after hes been a revelation squinty smile
Dan10900 liked this.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 7:05 a.m.
HockeyFan777

Manson is 29 and Anaheim is not making playoffs, he’s expendable easy that trade would go through, Montour he might be close to untouchable but he certainly isn’t, Buffalo need depth scoring cause they ain’t got none also Hollowell is actually quite underrated he’s a stay at home guy with some offensive capability not with much but still has potential there, that trade might not be enough but it’s a starting point. The Pittsburgh trade is questionable I know, if leafs add maybe a 3rd it might go through but so far it’s a good start to the trade, their problem is like buffalos they don’t have depth scoring on third and fourth lines since Galchenyuk didn’t pan out, gives them what they need and leafs get what they need a BACKUP GOALIE!
Dec. 11, 2019 at 7:08 a.m.
HockeyFan777
Quoting: Amplifys

Does it look better now?
Dec. 11, 2019 at 7:15 a.m.
Edited Dec. 11, 2019 at 8:04 a.m.
Quoting: Leafboy101
Manson is 29 and Anaheim is not making playoffs, he’s expendable easy that trade would go through, Montour he might be close to untouchable but he certainly isn’t, Buffalo need depth scoring cause they ain’t got none also Hollowell is actually quite underrated he’s a stay at home guy with some offensive capability not with much but still has potential there, that trade might not be enough but it’s a starting point. The Pittsburgh trade is questionable I know, if leafs add maybe a 3rd it might go through but so far it’s a good start to the trade, their problem is like buffalos they don’t have depth scoring on third and fourth lines since Galchenyuk didn’t pan out, gives them what they need and leafs get what they need a BACKUP GOALIE!

They don't at all need depth scoring, Kahun McCann ZAR Simon Bjugstad Blandisi Lafferty... and all I'm going to say about Manson is that the ducks are A. not out of it this year, the west is very weak, and all they need is for Gibson to play like he has in past seasons, B. even if they don't make it this year, the majority of their team are young kids, they'll get better next year and the year after etc, while Manson will still be in his prime so to speak, plus they'll have Zegras coming up, and whoever they pick this year, C. they don't have a single top 4 RH d man aside from him, and i don't think they're really trying to tank, so why trade away their best and only good RHD, and D. they don't really even have that many RHD in the system...
mhockey91 liked this.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 8:09 a.m.
Banned

laugh You honestly think you're getting Josh Manson for that garbage?At least Nylander would need to go to Anaheim in a deal for Manson.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 8:14 a.m.
Banned
Manson is so overrated. He had one great season 2 years ago and has been nothing special since. Fowler and Lindholm are the good defenceman that Anaheim has and Manson is just a solid counter part. He's 29 and good but he is no all-star. Keep Liljegren, he's going to be terrific, he's going to cost less than a million for 3 years and will be a mainstay in the years to come. Stop over thinking things and living in the past.b
Dec. 11, 2019 at 9:40 a.m.

this is the deepest pens team in years...
Dec. 11, 2019 at 9:51 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
One year of Manson and Montour and minor league goalie Smith for Kapanen, Hyman, Liljegren and first and second rounder. Wow the Leaf lose big time.
Too think Bracco is an NHLer especially on the first line....that's fantasy.
Leafs will quite happy having Kapanen, Hyman, Liljegren who will be good with term and keeping those two picks. A back up goalie...yep Leafs and me are prepared to trade, even overpay for one.
Sabres would want more for Montour. But one year of Manson the Leaf aren't trading Liljegren for him, and you want to add more. And a back up goalie doesn't cost you Kapanen.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 10:25 a.m.
Eichel Tower
@AFOX10900
I cannot speak for the other trades but Betterall certainly fleeced Murray. IMO it would take more to get Montour. Has any one watched how well Bogosian is playing, I think he will be traded at the TDL for less than a first, but more than a 4th.
@Amplifys
I am including you because you made a comment to this post
@Leafboy101
I agree that Buffalo needs secondary scoring but since the Leafs have only 3 more goals than Buffalo so far this year, I do not think this offer is sufficient and TML need secondary scoring as well. Read below.
@palhal
I agree, with your comment about Montour. He may be the Sabres best defenseman (yes including Dahlin, BTW the Sabres are 4-1-3 since Dahlin suffered a concussion). I have no idea how the Sabres were able to get him for only Guhle and a first. I guess Murray was reading the Buffalo News writers reports on Ghule.
gretzkyghosts liked this.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 11:43 a.m.

Quoting: Amplifys

Does it look better now?

They don't at all need depth scoring, Kahun McCann ZAR Simon Bjugstad Blandisi Lafferty... and all I'm going to say about Manson is that the ducks are A. not out of it this year, the west is very weak, and all they need is for Gibson to play like he has in past seasons, B. even if they don't make it this year, the majority of their team are young kids, they'll get better next year and the year after etc, while Manson will still be in his prime so to speak, plus they'll have Zegras coming up, and whoever they pick this year, C. they don't have a single top 4 RH d man aside from him, and i don't think they're really trying to tank, so why trade away their best and only good RHD, and D. they don't really even have that many RHD in the system...

Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58
laugh You honestly think you're getting Josh Manson for that garbage?At least Nylander would need to go to Anaheim in a deal for Manson.

Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
Manson is so overrated. He had one great season 2 years ago and has been nothing special since. Fowler and Lindholm are the good defenceman that Anaheim has and Manson is just a solid counter part. He's 29 and good but he is no all-star. Keep Liljegren, he's going to be terrific, he's going to cost less than a million for 3 years and will be a mainstay in the years to come. Stop over thinking things and living in the past.b

Quoting: palhal
One year of Manson and Montour and minor league goalie Smith for Kapanen, Hyman, Liljegren and first and second rounder. Wow the Leaf lose big time.
Too think Bracco is an NHLer especially on the first line....that's fantasy.
Leafs will quite happy having Kapanen, Hyman, Liljegren who will be good with term and keeping those two picks. A back up goalie...yep Leafs and me are prepared to trade, even overpay for one.
Sabres would want more for Montour. But one year of Manson the Leaf aren't trading Liljegren for him, and you want to add more. And a back up goalie doesn't cost you Kapanen.

Quoting: GMTD
@AFOX10900
I cannot speak for the other trades but Betterall certainly fleeced Murray. IMO it would take more to get Montour. Has any one watched how well Bogosian is playing, I think he will be traded at the TDL for less than a first, but more than a 4th.
@Amplifys
I am including you because you made a comment to this post
@Leafboy101
I agree that Buffalo needs secondary scoring but since the Leafs have only 3 more goals than Buffalo so far this year, I do not think this offer is sufficient and TML need secondary scoring as well. Read below.
@palhal
I agree, with your comment about Montour. He may be the Sabres best defenseman (yes including Dahlin, BTW the Sabres are 4-1-3 since Dahlin suffered a concussion). I have no idea how the Sabres were able to get him for only Guhle and a first. I guess Murray was reading the Buffalo News writers reports on Ghule.

Manson - Given his severe decline recently ... the Ducks would be very lucky to get a stud prospect like Liljegren for him straight up (Leafs say no obviously)

Montour - Every Buffalo fan now realizes that they massively overpayed by giving up a 1st + Guhle ... Hyman alone has more value (Leafs say no obviously)

DeSmith - The Leafs are gonna trade a 20 goal / 50 point 22 year old for a 28 year old backup goalie currently playing in the AHL? (Leafs say no obviously)

The only thing more embarrassing than these trades is the unbridled vitriol coming from the incredibly salty Leaf haters in these comments.

Come on guys ... you're better than that ... SMH.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 11:49 a.m.
Quoting: drewjenks
Manson - Given his severe decline recently ... the Ducks would be very lucky to get a stud prospect like Liljegren for him straight up (Leafs say no obviously)

Montour - Every Buffalo fan now realizes that they massively overpayed by giving up a 1st + Guhle ... Hyman alone has more value (Leafs say no obviously)

DeSmith - The Leafs are gonna trade a 20 goal / 50 point 22 year old for a 28 year old backup goalie currently playing in the AHL? LOL(Leafs say no obviously)

The only thing more embarrassing than these trades is the unbridled vitriol coming from the incredibly salty Leaf haters in these comments ... SMH.

Come on guys ... you're better than that.

Manson- still decent top 4 d man, also the ONLY TOP 4 RHD in ANA, THEY ARE NOT TRADING HIM, HE PLAYS A POSITION THAT THEY ARE IN DIRE NEED OF, WHY WOULD THEY MOVE HIM LMAO, WHY DO PEOPLE NOT UNDERSTAND THIS (is also 2nd in all d men who have played for ANA in the past 3 years in GAR)

Montour- idk BUF fans are just really high on him... I personally am not

MARINO (was in the original trade) is PIT's 2nd pairing RD long term, and I saw a post debating whether he was better than KRIS LETANG (he isn't imo, but that gives an example of how highly thought of he is)

Desmith-he can be had for like a 6th lmao
Dec. 11, 2019 at 12:01 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: DiehardRedWingsFan58

Has anyone on here actually watched Manson? The guy had 1 really good year and has been nothing special since. Keep in mind the one good offensive year he got around half his points from 2nd assists. He's a fine player but he's not worth a top 6 forward. Thinking he's worth Nylander is insane. I'd say Johnsson for Manson would be fair. Not sure Anahiem would want that since they do have some pretty good young forwards but to think you can pry a top line forward with term and youth on his side is just insanity.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 12:21 p.m.
Isles7
Has anyone on here actually watched Manson? The guy had 1 really good year and has been nothing special since. Keep in mind the one good offensive year he got around half his points from 2nd assists. He's a fine player but he's not worth a top 6 forward. Thinking he's worth Nylander is insane. I'd say Johnsson for Manson would be fair. Not sure Anahiem would want that since they do have some pretty good young forwards but to think you can pry a top line forward with term and youth on his side is just insanity.

This season without Manson the ducks had a 2.97 GAA. With Manson in the lineup: 2.00 GAA. Manson isn’t anything special, but he does bring top pairing value.

Johnson is a middle 6 winger and he’s been pretty bad this season.
GMTD liked this.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 12:30 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Isles777
This season without Manson the ducks had a 2.97 GAA. With Manson in the lineup: 2.00 GAA. Manson isn’t anything special, but he does bring top pairing value.

Johnson is a middle 6 winger and he’s been pretty bad this season.

I'd say one player isn't going to drop the teams GAA by a goal. That is just looking for stats to support an ideal. He's not worth a 3rd of what people on here think. Its the same for Mayfield on the Isle. A good player but he's a bottom pair guy on a lot of teams, a good one but he's nothing special but people on here think he's going to get a 1st and a top 6 forward because he shoots right handed. Its a joke.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 12:45 p.m.
Isles7
I'd say one player isn't going to drop the teams GAA by a goal. That is just looking for stats to support an ideal. He's not worth a 3rd of what people on here think. Its the same for Mayfield on the Isle. A good player but he's a bottom pair guy on a lot of teams, a good one but he's nothing special but people on here think he's going to get a 1st and a top 6 forward because he shoots right handed. Its a joke.

It’s actually not, but ok. Think what you want. Johnson has been playing at just above replacement level this season, you’re overvaluing him. Manson at the very least is a 2nd pairing D man. Top 4 D > middle 6 wingers

Mayfield is on the 2nd pairing on the 2nd ranked defense in the NHL so...
GMTD liked this.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 12:53 p.m.
Banned
It’s actually not, but ok. Think what you want. Johnson has been playing at just above replacement level this season, you’re overvaluing him. Manson at the very least is a 2nd pairing D man. Top 4 D > middle 6 wingers

Team defence is the biggest contributor in defensive rankings. The Isle play a low event protect home plate style. How any specific player translate outside of that system is often a guess. Mayfield may be second pair for the Islanders but what does that mean in the grand scheme of things? He's a bottom 4 defender, that isn't worth all that much. He's kind of like Holl, nothing special or flashy but effective when he keeps it simple. Holl isn't worth much at all but somehow Mayfield is. Its the same with Manson, he doesn't do much at a high level but with a good partner he's an effective but nothing at all flashy player. That isn't worth near as much as people on here think. 90% of the valuation on here is a combination of mob mentality current public perception (meaning if enough people say it on here, the mob just assumes its real) and fan bias.
GMTD liked this.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 12:54 p.m.
torontos finest

johnsson this season so far: 3.5 gar, 0.6 war

mayfield this season so far: 1.1 gar, 0.2 war
Dec. 11, 2019 at 1:33 p.m.

Johnsson is on the 2nd line of the 2nd ranked offense in the NHL so...

See ... anyone can make stupid arguments ... you're not special in that regard.

And a 50 point pace does not put Johnsson in the replacement level bracket.

50 points per season got Skinner $9,000,000 ... and he ain't good at defense.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 2:29 p.m.
Isles7
Quoting: drewjenks
Johnsson is on the 2nd line of the 2nd ranked offense in the NHL so...

See ... anyone can make stupid arguments ... you're not special in that regard.

And a 50 point pace does not put Johnsson in the replacement level bracket.

50 points per season got Skinner $9,000,000 ... and he ain't good at defense.

Thank you for your service

He’s at a 43 pt pace btw and he’s being carried by his line mates.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
Isles7
Team defence is the biggest contributor in defensive rankings. The Isle play a low event protect home plate style. How any specific player translate outside of that system is often a guess. Mayfield may be second pair for the Islanders but what does that mean in the grand scheme of things? He's a bottom 4 defender, that isn't worth all that much. He's kind of like Holl, nothing special or flashy but effective when he keeps it simple. Holl isn't worth much at all but somehow Mayfield is. Its the same with Manson, he doesn't do much at a high level but with a good partner he's an effective but nothing at all flashy player. That isn't worth near as much as people on here think. 90% of the valuation on here is a combination of mob mentality current public perception (meaning if enough people say it on here, the mob just assumes its real) and fan bias.

Manson doesn’t have to be flashy to bring top pairing value.

Wouldn’t you say your bias plays a role in your evaluations? I would say so
Dec. 11, 2019 at 3:14 p.m.
Banned
Manson doesn’t have to be flashy to bring top pairing value.

Wouldn’t you say your bias plays a role in your evaluations? I would say so

No he has to be a top defenceman to bring top defenceman value. He isn't that and never has been and is completely overrated. He's among an ever growing group of 2nd pair guys who have played adequate top pair minutes at some point that this site likes to value like they've carried their team for years. They haven't, can't and never will. Manson, Pesce, Mayfield, etc all good players but they are not going to bring back multiple high end assets. They are secondary players on their teams and play in system that maximizes their skill set. That doesn't mean they are worth top premium assets. That is just what fans who don't have an understanding of their bias think.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 3:21 p.m.
Isles7
No he has to be a top defenceman to bring top defenceman value. He isn't that and never has been and is completely overrated. He's among an ever growing group of 2nd pair guys who have played adequate top pair minutes at some point that this site likes to value like they've carried their team for years. They haven't, can't and never will. Manson, Pesce, Mayfield, etc all good players but they are not going to bring back multiple high end assets. They are secondary players on their teams and play in system that maximizes their skill set. That doesn't mean they are worth top premium assets. That is just what fans who don't have an understanding of their bias think.

So would you say muzzin is a secondary player?
Dec. 11, 2019 at 3:27 p.m.
Banned

That is a little different but currently yes. He was on the top pair in LA for most of his time there and has been successful playing big minutes with pretty much anyone. He's certainly better than Manson, or Pesce or Mayfield. He was considered better by most people right up until he moved to TO now he's a terrible defenceman to most people.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 3:38 p.m.
Banned

Also Muzzin cost way less than what people on here keep saying Manson is. And that is despite him not having even half the track record Muzzin had.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll