SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Does Anyone Know the Record for Most Coaches Fired During an NHL Season?

Dec. 11, 2019 at 10:10 p.m.
We're already at 5! Could we possibly see 10 coaches fired in a single season?

I think the following 6 teams have the potential for a coaching change (based only on on-ice factors. Obviously, nobody can predict another Jim Montgomery-type firing) in-season:

DET: I thought Yzerman was gonna ride it out until the summer, but how many more consecutive losses can the Wings endure, especially when they lose every night by 4G?

NSH/CHI: Clearly, Laviolette and Collitan are on the hot seats in NSH and CHI respectively. If Lav is fired there'll probably be 5 teams ready to hire him next for season.

MIN is probably overachieving so Bruce is probably safe. Personally, I think he's an excellent coach, especially during the regular season.

TBL: The most intriguing situation has to be with Coach Coop in Tampa. If the Lightning are outside of a playoff spot in mid-January I think they'll make a major change (could be a significant trade instead, though).

VAN: Travis Greene in Vancouver is another tough situation to gauge . I think his team will remain a bubble team throughout the season, but a 5 game losing streak will probably end his tenure.
Dec. 11, 2019 at 10:12 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Don't know the answer to your question. But guessing five before Christmas that could be a record.
Brian2016 liked this.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 10:06 a.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Last season 4 were fired in a quarter of a season
Brian2016 liked this.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 10:28 a.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
We're already at 5! Could we possibly see 10 coaches fired in a single season?

I think the following 6 teams have the potential for a coaching change (based only on on-ice factors. Obviously, nobody can predict another Jim Montgomery-type firing) in-season:

DET: I thought Yzerman was gonna ride it out until the summer, but how many more consecutive losses can the Wings endure, especially when they lose every night by 4G?

NSH/CHI: Clearly, Laviolette and Collitan are on the hot seats in NSH and CHI respectively. If Lav is fired there'll probably be 5 teams ready to hire him next for season.

MIN is probably overachieving so Bruce is probably safe. Personally, I think he's an excellent coach, especially during the regular season.

TBL: The most intriguing situation has to be with Coach Coop in Tampa. If the Lightning are outside of a playoff spot in mid-January I think they'll make a major change (could be a significant trade instead, though).

VAN: Travis Greene in Vancouver is another tough situation to gauge . I think his team will remain a bubble team throughout the season, but a 5 game losing streak will probably end his tenure.

I think out of all listed there all are safe at least through the end of the season. Detroit is tanking, they arent playing meaningful hockey yet. No reason to fire the coach there. Coop might go as he doesnt have a great track record in the post season anyways. but they will be in a playoff spot once they make up the games in hand.
Brian2016 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll