Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
Logo of the BUF
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$75,071,667$0$4,257,500$6,428,333
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$10,000,000$10,000,000
C
UFA - 7
$3,650,000$3,650,000
RW
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
LW, RW
NMC
UFA - 8
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$3,000,000$3,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Detroit Red Wings
$3,850,000$3,850,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,275,000$2,275,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, C
RFA - 1
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,550,000$1,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$1,325,000$1,325,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,850,000$2,850,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
G
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$5,400,000$5,400,000
RD
UFA - 3
$3,387,500$3,387,500
RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
RD
RFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
D
UFA - 1
$2,250,000$2,250,000
LD
UFA - 1
$1,600,000$1,600,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 12, 2019 at 2:17 a.m.
Buffbry
Not even close to Detroit, all of that for helm alone is fine, not getting AA for anything but a first and prospect, or risto
aedoran, Stevierebz and mikearky liked this.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 4:14 a.m.
Banned
This does not work for the penguins.
My honest opinion is try Seattle or ANA or WPG.

The penguins have two really good LD in Marino and Letang. They aren't paying 4 million for a 3rd pairing LD for the next 2 years. That just doesn't work.
Maybe if yo retained 2 million for the next two years we could talk about it. But I don't think you need to retain on him if you trade him elsewhere.
The penguins injury issues are temporary. They won't leave themselves a 2 year cap issue because of it.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 6:09 a.m.
Ignore pharrow I'd take that pens deal in a heartbeat, it's not like we're taking on the Brandon Sutter contract or smth (still a decent player, just not worth the contract) Miller is still a very good player, and we should probably get a good third pairing guy for 1 year after this year (which he has the perfect term for iirc) to fully ease Marino into the top 4
Dec. 12, 2019 at 7:23 a.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: buffbry
Not even close to Detroit, all of that for helm alone is fine, not getting AA for anything but a first and prospect, or risto

AA has 15 points in 30 games and is dash 33 youre lucky to get the prospect for him. Sheary is worth Helm
Dec. 12, 2019 at 7:33 a.m.
Buffbry
Quoting: Shibbal18
AA has 15 points in 30 games and is dash 33 youre lucky to get the prospect for him. Sheary is worth Helm

Detroit is rebuilding and none of that helps them. They want picks and prospects. Larkin doesn't have that many points either does that mean we are lucky to get a prospect for him too? You don't get it, his speed and potential and what he did last year alone gets us a pick and prospect. The rumors floating around is ghost for AA, so don't tell me we can't get risto if we can get ghost. Its not always about points. Gaudreau is also having a ****ty season, so does that mean you can get him by your logic? AA gets us minimum a first a a B pros or a top 4 dman.
mikearky liked this.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 7:51 a.m.
Shibbal18
Quoting: buffbry
Detroit is rebuilding and none of that helps them. They want picks and prospects. Larkin doesn't have that many points either does that mean we are lucky to get a prospect for him too? You don't get it, his speed and potential and what he did last year alone gets us a pick and prospect. The rumors floating around is ghost for AA, so don't tell me we can't get risto if we can get ghost. Its not always about points. Gaudreau is also having a ****ty season, so does that mean you can get him by your logic? AA gets us minimum a first a a B pros or a top 4 dman.

Ghost is only on the block because has been terrible as well. You expect more fore AA than Mark Stone who got an A+ prospect and a 2nd? Youre comparing him to Gaudreau? Gaudreau has 24 points in 33 games and thats considered bad for him. AA has had only 1 season over 20 goals and only one season over 35 points, his season last year was a flash in the pan. Stevie Y would be sainted if he got that for AA, because thats a miracle. Davidsson is a very decent Center prospect, so youre getting a prospect for youre rebuild. After looking into AA more, i would hope Detroit declines, Id rather wait for Davidsson to come along. AA is not that good
Dec. 12, 2019 at 8:30 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow

The penguins have two really good LD in Marino and Letang. They aren't paying 4 million for a 3rd pairing LD for the next 2 years. That just doesn't work.
Maybe if yo retained 2 million for the next two years we could talk about it. But I don't think you need to retain on him if you trade him elsewhere.
The penguins injury issues are temporary. They won't leave themselves a 2 year cap issue because of it.

Lucky for you Miller plays on the right.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 9:03 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: puckhead6130
Lucky for you Miller plays on the right.

That was my mistake, Letang and Marino are both RD. That is what I meant. RD. They have 2 top 4 RD already.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 10:33 a.m.
That was my mistake, Letang and Marino are both RD. That is what I meant. RD. They have 2 top 4 RD already.

I think Miller would be a great add for the 3rd pair RD and at least 2nd PP. He ran Vegas's PP pretty well and at 3.875 for 2 more years he's a good, cheaper replacement for Schultz who can then be trade bait to shore up other areas of the roster, or just bring back picks.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 10:38 a.m.

RD, but point is still valid....there is also Schultz, so unless Schultz got moved, there is no room on the right side for Miller. A solid 3rd LD is what they need, especially with Dumo out for an extended time, they could really use a #2 so JMFJ doesn't have to play top 4.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 10:48 a.m.
At this point I think Yzerman lets them crash and burn. Don't see him making any moves to improve. Will be betting on being at the top of he 2020 draft.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 11:49 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Pipinghotgatorade
I think Miller would be a great add for the 3rd pair RD and at least 2nd PP. He ran Vegas's PP pretty well and at 3.875 for 2 more years he's a good, cheaper replacement for Schultz who can then be trade bait to shore up other areas of the roster, or just bring back picks.

they have 2 guys who can do that. You are talking about 4 million for a guy to pay 3rd pairing minutes.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 11:51 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: tom
RD, but point is still valid....there is also Schultz, so unless Schultz got moved, there is no room on the right side for Miller. A solid 3rd LD is what they need, especially with Dumo out for an extended time, they could really use a #2 so JMFJ doesn't have to play top 4.

Thing is Dumo will be back. If they ungrade the LD, someone has to go, we know who that is. So then you have to make that happen.
Because you'd be paying a lot for a 6th 7th guy if they didn't move.
Which doesn't really work.
I think they are going to play Almari or POJ there next year. That's my guess. Don't hold me to it.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 12:31 p.m.
Thing is Dumo will be back. If they ungrade the LD, someone has to go, we know who that is. So then you have to make that happen.
Because you'd be paying a lot for a 6th 7th guy if they didn't move.
Which doesn't really work.
I think they are going to play Almari or POJ there next year. That's my guess. Don't hold me to it.

I'm okay with JMFJ playing 3rd pairing LD, he is serviceable there....costs too much, but unless we can find a sucker to take him or bury him/buy him out next summer, we are stuck with him. D isn't the pens problem right now anyway, they are playing well, even without Dumo. Pens need help on the PP. Would love to see them move Chucky/Bjugs/Desmith to Car for Dzingel and maybe a guy like haula...Dzingel would help a lot I think all around, but is someone who can finish and has great speed. Then Car could turn around a send Mraz to someone for a late pick...now if we could pull off fleury from them somehow too, now we're talking. That would give a cheap LD option who could play 2 until Dumo is back...
Dec. 12, 2019 at 1:20 p.m.
Banned
I'm okay with JMFJ playing 3rd pairing LD, he is serviceable there....costs too much, but unless we can find a sucker to take him or bury him/buy him out next summer, we are stuck with him. D isn't the pens problem right now anyway, they are playing well, even without Dumo. Pens need help on the PP. Would love to see them move Chucky/Bjugs/Desmith to Car for Dzingel and maybe a guy like haula...Dzingel would help a lot I think all around, but is someone who can finish and has great speed. Then Car could turn around a send Mraz to someone for a late pick...now if we could pull off fleury from them somehow too, now we're talking. That would give a cheap LD option who could play 2 until Dumo is back...

Yeah I don't think CAR is going to trade with us. They are neck and neck with us in that division with Philly.
We are all bubble teams at the moment. Any one of them could not make it.

I really don't think the players on the ice are the issue with the power play. It starts with them not dumping the puck in and skating it in.
Sullivan simply does not adjust his game plan well. I don't know what to say other than that. I don't look forward to this team facing the Islanders because of that. Trotz has got his number and he doesn't change the game plan.
I think they could move JJ I don't know. I'd like to think it gets easier after this year. His play is better, less contract length, cap hit seems smaller. We'll see at the end of the season. FA will have sticker shock. Bottom teams who need bodies might want to talk as they are probably thinking, why spend big on defense when we aren't a playoff team. They can hold him for a year, send him to Seattle so it's only a 1 deal maybe for a team. I don't know.
Dec. 12, 2019 at 2:09 p.m.
Yeah I don't think CAR is going to trade with us. They are neck and neck with us in that division with Philly.
We are all bubble teams at the moment. Any one of them could not make it.

I really don't think the players on the ice are the issue with the power play. It starts with them not dumping the puck in and skating it in.
Sullivan simply does not adjust his game plan well. I don't know what to say other than that. I don't look forward to this team facing the Islanders because of that. Trotz has got his number and he doesn't change the game plan.
I think they could move JJ I don't know. I'd like to think it gets easier after this year. His play is better, less contract length, cap hit seems smaller. We'll see at the end of the season. FA will have sticker shock. Bottom teams who need bodies might want to talk as they are probably thinking, why spend big on defense when we aren't a playoff team. They can hold him for a year, send him to Seattle so it's only a 1 deal maybe for a team. I don't know.

agree on Car not likely being a trade partner...which is a shame, because I do think it could be a good fit for all involved. Isn't Recchi running the PP or is that shared? I know he did last year as well, but yeah they are dumping the puck in, as opposed to carrying it in with speed as in the past. I'm not seeing that reverse pass going into the NZ with speed as much either. When they were running full steam ahead, that's what they did. Why make that change...unless they felt the need to eliminate those SH opportunities...which IMO wasn't the reason for the SH opportunities, but whatever....I don't remember every chance they gave away last year, but I feel like the D to D pass in the OZ was getting picked off, which created a breakaway in the other direction...
Dec. 12, 2019 at 3:42 p.m.
Banned
agree on Car not likely being a trade partner...which is a shame, because I do think it could be a good fit for all involved. Isn't Recchi running the PP or is that shared? I know he did last year as well, but yeah they are dumping the puck in, as opposed to carrying it in with speed as in the past. I'm not seeing that reverse pass going into the NZ with speed as much either. When they were running full steam ahead, that's what they did. Why make that change...unless they felt the need to eliminate those SH opportunities...which IMO wasn't the reason for the SH opportunities, but whatever....I don't remember every chance they gave away last year, but I feel like the D to D pass in the OZ was getting picked off, which created a breakaway in the other direction...

Yeah they play their blue line different this year than last. They stay back more on the 5v5. On the power play they play a forward high which is different. But that is once they are set up.
Their biggest issues is getting possession of the puck and keeping it in on the PP. It's like even when they get in there, they get one shot and it's sent out.
But there are games they get 1 shot on a pp and that's not right because they have no possession. Which is infuriating.
There needs to be some coaching changes to fit it. There is no way a PP with Malkin, Crosby, Jake, and Letang shouldn't score. It's not the players. It's the coaching and the game plan.
But Sullivan would have to admit he's wrong for that to happen, which seems like in his head is never the case. But there is way to much talent there for it to be the players.
My honest feeling is they need to let Malkin sit in the circle area and shoot. He's got a great slap shot. They should Mimic what WSH does for Ov. Put 4 guys on one side of the ice, and shift the defense over. Then pass it over to Malkin for a 1 timer. It's effective and after awhile it opens up space for everyone else.
But that makes to much sense, we need to keep dumping the puck in so it can be sent back down the ice after 10 seconds.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll