Forums/Armchair-GM

Colorado Fans here me out

Created by: Devilsfan101
Team: 2019-20 New Jersey Devils
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 13, 2019
Published: Dec. 13, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Tyson Jost should NOT be on your 4th line. Taylor Hall would benefit greatly in your top 6 and Pavel Zacha still has potential but would fit well on the 4th line better.
Trades
NJD
  1. Helleson, Drew [Reserve List]
  2. Jost, Tyson
  3. Timmins, Conor
  4. 2020 1st round pick (COL)
  5. 2021 1st round pick (COL)
Additional Details:
(conditional first if he re-signs then its a first. If not then no pick.)
Helleson is a maybe not sure yet
Buyouts
Recapture Fees
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the BOS
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the COL
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the NJD
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
27$81,500,000$61,517,763$0$7,407,500$19,982,237
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$2,875,000$2,875,000
C
NTC
UFA - 2
$2,500,000$2,500,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,325,000$2,325,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
LW
UFA - 3
$1,800,000$1,800,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C
UFA - 1
$749,167$749,167 (Performance Bonus$42,500$42K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
C, LW
RFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
C
RFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$885,833$885,833 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD/RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$9,000,000$9,000,000
RD
UFA - 3
$1,150,000$1,150,000
G
UFA - 1
$2,437,500$2,437,500
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 4
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
$2,822,764$2,822,764
LD
UFA - 3
$1,500,000$1,500,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,400,000$1,400,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
LD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Colorado Avalanche
$925,000$925,000
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
if I eliminate a first is this a fair trade?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 13, 2019 at 10:31 a.m.
The players in the trade on avs end are fine, colorado doesnt send 2 1sts for hall as a rental, and honestly Zacha does have potential but the avs top 6 is pretty full especially with a taylor hall, and their bottom 6 is looking so good, I doubt they'd mess with them.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 10:33 a.m.
Timmins AND Helleson? Devils would only be getting 1 of them, if anything at all. I'm not advocationg for the Avs acquiring Hall whatsoever but if there were to be a trade, the Devils are definitely not getting both of the Avs' top 2 RHD prospects.
Jost has been given all the opportunities to shine and hasn't. Probably rushed in his development in my opinion. I'm hoping he's just a late bloomer. Hall doesn't fit in the Avs' depth charts any more than Jost does, again, in my opinion.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 10:43 a.m.
Quoting: avsjunkie11
Timmins AND Helleson? Devils would only be getting 1 of them, if anything at all. I'm not advocationg for the Avs acquiring Hall whatsoever but if there were to be a trade, the Devils are definitely not getting both of the Avs' top 2 RHD prospects.
Jost has been given all the opportunities to shine and hasn't. Probably rushed in his development in my opinion. I'm hoping he's just a late bloomer. Hall doesn't fit in the Avs' depth charts any more than Jost does, again, in my opinion.

Gotta love Avs fans thinking Hall doesnt fit in the Avs lineup or doesnt fit their team. I get not wanting to pay a ton for a rental, but lets be smart here.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 10:48 a.m.
Hurricane Waddell
I think you meant ‘Hear’
Dec. 13, 2019 at 10:49 a.m.
Quoting: Caniac555
I think you meant ‘Hear’

yeh i mistyped oops
Dec. 13, 2019 at 10:50 a.m.
Quoting: JeffW
The players in the trade on avs end are fine, colorado doesnt send 2 1sts for hall as a rental, and honestly Zacha does have potential but the avs top 6 is pretty full especially with a taylor hall, and their bottom 6 is looking so good, I doubt they'd mess with them.

Zacha doesn't necessraily have to play top 6 minutes possibly just to substitute for Tyson Jost and Zacha is a great penalty killer and with Compher or Nieto will excel
Dec. 13, 2019 at 10:55 a.m.
Quoting: Devilsfan101
Zacha doesn't necessraily have to play top 6 minutes possibly just to substitute for Tyson Jost and Zacha is a great penalty killer and with Compher or Nieto will excel

Maybe, haven't seen enough of him yet, I guess I'll get my chance tonight
Devilsfan101 liked this.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:01 a.m.
Quoting: ScottRoth
Gotta love Avs fans thinking Hall doesnt fit in the Avs lineup or doesnt fit their team. I get not wanting to pay a ton for a rental, but lets be smart here.

Well look at the team, he would be a replacement for bura or donskoi who both pretty much have the same point totals. Why sell the farm for a guy you dont need at this point in the season. Halls a rental

Jersey fans are just assuming that he will resume his mvp pace moving from jersey to denver, what happens if he doesnt? Does hall kill penalties is he a physical presence? He scores goals and 31 games into the season the avs are the highest scoring team in the league.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:09 a.m.
Well look at the team, he would be a replacement for bura or donskoi who both pretty much have the same point totals. Why sell the farm for a guy you dont need at this point in the season. Halls a rental

Jersey fans are just assuming that he will resume his mvp pace moving from jersey to denver, what happens if he doesnt? Does hall kill penalties is he a physical presence? He scores goals and 31 games into the season the avs are the highest scoring team in the league.

it would be beneficial to have him as opposed to playing St. Louis or Dallas or even Calgary which you will most likely face in the playoffs
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:11 a.m.
Quoting: Devilsfan101
it would be beneficial to have him as opposed to playing St. Louis or Dallas or even Calgary which you will most likely face in the playoffs

Oh yes and I've said that before, only reason I'd trade for him in the first place is to not play hall-oreilly-tarasenko
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:13 a.m.

31 games into the season, correct. No chance Donskoi and Burakovsky slow down from their career year paces or anyone gets hurt. Hall's style fits perfectly into the top 6 of the team and you signed donskoi to be a middle 6 winger, I dont understand the insistence on not acquiring Hall because of the fast start. You still want to be the team with the most depth and talent in the playoffs. You dont think a team like the Blues can add Hall and then get tarasenko back and all of the sudden a team you have to compete gets much better that you could have had? and no I dont think Hall will be 2017-2018 Hall, but playing with elite talent on a team that plays to his style where he doesnt have to do most of the legwork could see a close point production to that year.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:23 a.m.
I don't see NJD getting anywhere near that much. COL is in the driver's seat in this negotiation, NJD needs to get rid of Hall before the deadline or else he will (probably) walk away for nothing, and no other teams who are in Hall rumours have as many high tier prospects as COL. COL already has the best offense in the league so they aren't coming from a position of weakness in that regard either.

You have to temper expectations if you expect to get that much for Hall
JeffW liked this.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:27 a.m.
31 games into the season, correct. No chance Donskoi and Burakovsky slow down from their career year paces or anyone gets hurt. Hall's style fits perfectly into the top 6 of the team and you signed donskoi to be a middle 6 winger, I dont understand the insistence on not acquiring Hall because of the fast start. You still want to be the team with the most depth and talent in the playoffs. You dont think a team like the Blues can add Hall and then get tarasenko back and all of the sudden a team you have to compete gets much better that you could have had? and no I dont think Hall will be 2017-2018 Hall, but playing with elite talent on a team that plays to his style where he doesnt have to do most of the legwork could see a close point production to that year.

As a jersey fan you probably dont realize that these guys were brought in because they werent getting the opportunity on their previous stacked offensive teams... joe gives them the oppurtunity and they flourish, why punish them for stepping up... when landeskog, rantanen, kadri, makar, johnson, grubauer, calvert, and bellemare all get injured...

I agree that hall is a great player, but hes injury prone and coming off of a significant knee surgery, not only that but he will demand somewhere between 9-12 million to resign with a 1st round pick attached to that... just seems to expensive all the way around in order to aquire him
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:33 a.m.
As a jersey fan you probably dont realize that these guys were brought in because they werent getting the opportunity on their previous stacked offensive teams... joe gives them the oppurtunity and they flourish, why punish them for stepping up... when landeskog, rantanen, kadri, makar, johnson, grubauer, calvert, and bellemare all get injured...

I agree that hall is a great player, but hes injury prone and coming off of a significant knee surgery, not only that but he will demand somewhere between 9-12 million to resign with a 1st round pick attached to that... just seems to expensive all the way around in order to aquire him

I understand that for sure, especially with Burakovsky since we saw him quite often and I wanted the Devils to sign him. My main point is that even though things are all awesome right now, does not mean it will stay that way. I expect Donskoi and Burakovsky to take a step back at some point and Hall to me is a guy who would fit in seamlessly and could be a piece to take you over the top. He could be overpaid, but if you can get him at a reasonable number and he produces well, then that gives you the best opportunity to win when Mackinnon, Makar, Grubauer, landeskog are making significatly less than they should be. I dont think Hall is about the money as much as he is winning and I could see him ending up in the 9ish million range.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:42 a.m.
trades too complicated...There is 0 need for Zacha. at his current contract, he would be way to expesnive to be a 4th line C, and when Avs already have Kamanev who could do that role...dont see the zacha need.

The trades simple, Jost, Timmins or Helleson and a 1st for Hall. You arent getting 2 1st round picks, Hall isnt worth that
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:43 a.m.
I understand that for sure, especially with Burakovsky since we saw him quite often and I wanted the Devils to sign him. My main point is that even though things are all awesome right now, does not mean it will stay that way. I expect Donskoi and Burakovsky to take a step back at some point and Hall to me is a guy who would fit in seamlessly and could be a piece to take you over the top. He could be overpaid, but if you can get him at a reasonable number and he produces well, then that gives you the best opportunity to win when Mackinnon, Makar, Grubauer, landeskog are making significatly less than they should be. I dont think Hall is about the money as much as he is winning and I could see him ending up in the 9ish million range.

I agree that hall is about winning right now, and landeskog, makar, and grubs are only making less for this year and next, if they get hall it would be for just this year and maybe next, if hall is willing to sign a 1 year deal next year before we see what happens to the cap possibly an extension after that, he doesnt fit into the cap system after the 2020-2021 season..

Hall could be a good rental, but he could be last years zuccarello, it depends on what the price shakes out to be, friedman said that a girard and byram are a no for the avs...
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:45 a.m.
The Avalanche don’t have a shortage of goal scoring, hence there is no need to acquire Hall. There would be no benefit to making this deal. Sakic is too smart. He has already made his deal last summer. Come the TDL, Colorado will acquire players which will add depth. If this is a liability on this team, it is in net.

PLEASE STOP THESE RIDICULOUS HALL TO THE AVS TRADES. IT IS NOT HAPPENING.
avsjunkie11 liked this.
I agree that hall is about winning right now, and landeskog, makar, and grubs are only making less for this year and next, if they get hall it would be for just this year and maybe next, if hall is willing to sign a 1 year deal next year before we see what happens to the cap possibly an extension after that, he doesnt fit into the cap system after the 2020-2021 season..

Hall could be a good rental, but he could be last years zuccarello, it depends on what the price shakes out to be, friedman said that a girard and byram are a no for the avs...
Pass
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:48 a.m.
Quoting: Hawksince71

I guess it would be wise write something before hitting the submit. I was going to say Hall has been gangbusters in the post season. Don’t be lured by the glittered Joe Sakic.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:51 a.m.

I expect the package to be around Timmins if its the Avs. Byram would be a long long shot and I dont see why they would trade Girard since they just extended him at a great number. I could see Zadarov being involved since they have yet to commit to him long term and Byram/Girard is clearly the 1/2 punch of the future but not sure they would want to move anyone making a significant impact this season since this season is one they should be putting their best foot forward to win.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 11:56 a.m.
I expect the package to be around Timmins if its the Avs. Byram would be a long long shot and I dont see why they would trade Girard since they just extended him at a great number. I could see Zadarov being involved since they have yet to commit to him long term and Byram/Girard is clearly the 1/2 punch of the future but not sure they would want to move anyone making a significant impact this season since this season is one they should be putting their best foot forward to win.

See I dont think they can afford to lose zadorov, need him on the PK, hes a massive physical presence, an all star in the dressing room, took matthew thachuk out of the series last year against calgary, and he has offensive upside...

If hall comes over it will be for 1 roster player, a forward roster player, which I think will be jost, plus whatever prospect probably a dman, and pick
Dec. 13, 2019 at 12:03 p.m.
See I dont think they can afford to lose zadorov, need him on the PK, hes a massive physical presence, an all star in the dressing room, took matthew thachuk out of the series last year against calgary, and he has offensive upside...

If hall comes over it will be for 1 roster player, a forward roster player, which I think will be jost, plus whatever prospect probably a dman, and pick

Yeah I agree with that, only reason i included Zadorov would be if they want to extend Hall long term they could move him out to have more space. Timmins, Jost, conditional 1st is my guess for the package with maybe another pick in there based on him signing.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit