$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$625,000$625,000 (Performance Bonus$1,200,000$1M)
G
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 13, 2019 at 1:00 p.m.
No. Way to much future gave up
Dec. 13, 2019 at 1:02 p.m.
Insta Kempe_is_saad`
do not help the ducking ducks instead help the king the kings
Dec. 13, 2019 at 1:09 p.m.
Banned
way too much. not even close
Dec. 13, 2019 at 1:11 p.m.
Am I the only person who thinks the Leafs have way underpaid on this trade? A reliable backup and a top pair RHD for 2 fourth liners, a 3rd pairing overpaid D, a B prospect, an A prospect and a first? They gave up more then this for Jake Muzzin did they not? And Manson is younger with more term and plays a position of need for both franchises. Wouldn't it take more then that?
Dan10900 liked this.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 1:16 p.m.
Jah1722
Quoting: newballcoach
Am I the only person who thinks the Leafs have way underpaid on this trade? A reliable backup and a top pair RHD for 2 fourth liners, a 3rd pairing overpaid D, a B prospect, an A prospect and a first? They gave up more then this for Jake Muzzin did they not? And Manson is younger with more term and plays a position of need for both franchises. Wouldn't it take more then that?

no youre not but leaf fans think all the individuals are good but the team as a whole is poor. its rather interesting.
Dan10900 liked this.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 1:23 p.m.
Banned

Manson isn't as good as Muzzin and has not been overly great the past two seasons. Muzzin was had for a 1st and 2 b prospects and somehow Manson is worth an A Prospect a 1st and 3 roster players? No way. Not even close.
Britishbulldog liked this.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 1:25 p.m.

Muzzin is better and they only gave up a B prospect and a 1st. Bracco and Liljegren are both A prospects as far as the leafs are concerned and the 1st is just excessive.
Ya the other guys are minor pieces but the leafs dont need a defensman that badly.
Britishbulldog and Theo liked this.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 1:28 p.m.
Quoting: TradeBait2019
Muzzin is better and they only gave up a B prospect and a 1st. Bracco and Liljegren are both A prospects as far as the leafs are concerned and the 1st is just excessive.
Ya the other guys are minor pieces but the leafs dont need a defensman that badly.

I disagree they don't need a D that badly. I also disagree that Bracco is an A prospect. If Toronto wants to upgrade their D without touching their core roster, Lily and a first would be the price, at minimum, to be comfortable with.

I don't think the Leafs should trade a first though. And I don't think Anaheim wants to move Manson. But I'd be offering Kapanen plus for him and see what could be done.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 1:30 p.m.

yeah, people just look at the fact that there's like 6 assets going back and say they overpaid even though you can likely take 4 of them out and have the value largely unchanged.. Bracco i see as a Daniel Sprong but with assists instead of goals... you see how Sprong turned out... Ceci is still not good, Petan has 0 value at best, and i doubt Timashov has much if any value... so it turns out as a first and future top 4 d man for a solid backup and decent first pair guy... who hasn't been bad the past few years, he had to deal with HCRC as a coach last year...

Edit: Manson is also quite possibly the most valuable skater on roster to the ducks due to positional need
Dec. 13, 2019 at 1:32 p.m.
LosPatos
I’d rather have Nylander or Johnson
Theo liked this.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 1:35 p.m.
Quoting: Go_Duxx
I’d rather have Nylander or Johnson

You mean you would rather have an elite first line winger than a bunch of depth guys and B prospects? Someone should hire you as their GM.
LosPatos and Theo liked this.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 1:50 p.m.
#LeafsFever
At least according to Elliotte Freidman, the Leafs are kicking around on both these players. Manson's injury certainly doesn't help move things along. On the return, I cannot see the Leafs willing to give up yet another 1st rounder AND Liljigren here. Yes, a health Josh Manson is a very reliable and defensive top-4. I would not call him a top pairing defender by any means though. Plus, the Leafs are basically getting a rental Ryan Miller. If the Leafs really wanted to do something about their D, they would give up Barrie over Ceci. I am not sure Ceci get's you much, but as a third pairing with Dermott, he's been at least decent. Barrie, giving every opportunity to play on the top D pairing with Reilly and 1st line PP minutes, has not been very good, especially defensively. So, you deal Barrie, Timashov, Bracco, 2021 1st round draft pick and a 2022 2nd round draft pick should do it. While I have liked Timashov's game, at times, I think Pierre Engvall is the better all around player and has slid past him on the depth charts.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 2:03 p.m.
Quoting: MG1986
At least according to Elliotte Freidman, the Leafs are kicking around on both these players. Manson's injury certainly doesn't help move things along. On the return, I cannot see the Leafs willing to give up yet another 1st rounder AND Liljigren here. Yes, a health Josh Manson is a very reliable and defensive top-4. I would not call him a top pairing defender by any means though. Plus, the Leafs are basically getting a rental Ryan Miller. If the Leafs really wanted to do something about their D, they would give up Barrie over Ceci. I am not sure Ceci get's you much, but as a third pairing with Dermott, he's been at least decent. Barrie, giving every opportunity to play on the top D pairing with Reilly and 1st line PP minutes, has not been very good, especially defensively. So, you deal Barrie, Timashov, Bracco, 2021 1st round draft pick and a 2022 2nd round draft pick should do it. While I have liked Timashov's game, at times, I think Pierre Engvall is the better all around player and has slid past him on the depth charts.

The value of Timashov and Bracco have already been discussed here. Why do you think Barrie is such a valuable piece in this trade? He's playing very poorly as you say and he is a UFA who is going to sign with the highest bidder. That's also a lot of picks to give up, and as well has been mentioned, the Ducks have nothing behind Manson so he's a hard guy to give up. I'm not sure there's a fit between the two teams, no matter Friedman says (he really only looks at the Toronto side).

I could see them trying to work out a 3-way deal here. Carolina could really use Kapanen and Toronto could use Manson. I wonder if the Canes would give up something like Toronto's 2020 1st (plus?) to the Ducks, Kap to the Canes and Manson to the Leafs. Maybe the Leafs need to add something to Anaheim (that could be where Bracco fits in and maybe Ceci if they need a guy to play). But that seems to be maybe the basis of a trade?
Dec. 13, 2019 at 2:47 p.m.
Timishov and Petan basically have no value here imo. So basically it's a 1st, top Rd prospect and good winger prospect for a competent backup and decent Rd with some term and taking Ceci. I would say it's a decent deal. If take away the 1st or Liljegren and exchange for a lesser but still valuable asset.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 3:05 p.m.
#LeafsFever
The value of Timashov and Bracco have already been discussed here. Why do you think Barrie is such a valuable piece in this trade? He's playing very poorly as you say and he is a UFA who is going to sign with the highest bidder. That's also a lot of picks to give up, and as well has been mentioned, the Ducks have nothing behind Manson so he's a hard guy to give up. I'm not sure there's a fit between the two teams, no matter Friedman says (he really only looks at the Toronto side).

I could see them trying to work out a 3-way deal here. Carolina could really use Kapanen and Toronto could use Manson. I wonder if the Canes would give up something like Toronto's 2020 1st (plus?) to the Ducks, Kap to the Canes and Manson to the Leafs. Maybe the Leafs need to add something to Anaheim (that could be where Bracco fits in and maybe Ceci if they need a guy to play). But that seems to be maybe the basis of a trade?

I am just saying Barrie is a more valuable piece than Ceci. Regardless of the start of Barrie's season, he comes with a pretty impressive resume, at least offensively. Ceci has been more adequate on a terrible Sens team for a number of years now.

Maybe a 3-way deal would work. I would prefer the Leafs move Johnsson over Kapanen (barring Andrea's health, of course), but if somehow got us a return of Manson, I'd do it. So what would would the full landscape of your proposed 3-way deal then. It's already a little confusing on what exactly everyone would be giving up.
Dec. 13, 2019 at 3:10 p.m.
C,mon Leafs...Please
Quoting: MG1986

My spin is: Babcock messed up Barrie and he needs a fresh start. I have seen him in the past and he was a high risk but high reward offensive RHD. Getting him with a steady LHD in Anaheim would allow him to be a top pair dman and score like a 2nd/3rd line forward again. He has shown flashes of it in Toronto which is teasing us. I am pretty sure he would consider signing a deal with Anaheim with their young players coming up the system as well as the SoCal lifestyle but maybe add the conditional 1st if he doesn't.

Ceci plays the body, and can handle 3rd pairing match-ups quite well. Unfortunately he is paid like a 2nd pair dman and has been used as a top pairing dman. He just doesn't think quick enough against top skilled forwards. On the top pairing I basically felt bad for him as he just wasn't reacting fast enough. On the 3rd pairing I am okay with him and when he gets caught out there when the other team has a line change he has usually been able to survive. If he was traded I would hope it would be for a backup goalie.

I am not sure how much Anaheim needs forwards but they might be interested.

They are paying cash for Patrick Eaves that the insurance isn't covering on LTIR. The Leafs have lots of cash. This would help Anaheim's internal salary cap.

I also say that Manson isn't as good as Muzzin BUT he is a RHD which put his value up a bit so I would suggest taking the balance of Eave's contract to match Muzzin's value.

I would remove Miller from the trade.

Instead of a 1st I would put Barrie. As for the B prospect I would hate to lose Bracco but he won't displace Kapanen in Toronto on the 3rd line and would be a creative threat on the 2nd or 3rd line RW on any team.

I would suggest:

Manson, Eaves for Barrie, Bracco, and a 2nd Pick 2021 (conditional 1st 2021 if Barrie doesn't re-sign in Ana).
Dec. 13, 2019 at 3:25 p.m.
#LeafsFever
Quoting: Britishbulldog
My spin is: Babcock messed up Barrie and he needs a fresh start. I have seen him in the past and he was a high risk but high reward offensive RHD. Getting him with a steady LHD in Anaheim would allow him to be a top pair dman and score like a 2nd/3rd line forward again. He has shown flashes of it in Toronto which is teasing us. I am pretty sure he would consider signing a deal with Anaheim with their young players coming up the system as well as the SoCal lifestyle but maybe add the conditional 1st if he doesn't.

Ceci plays the body, and can handle 3rd pairing match-ups quite well. Unfortunately he is paid like a 2nd pair dman and has been used as a top pairing dman. He just doesn't think quick enough against top skilled forwards. On the top pairing I basically felt bad for him as he just wasn't reacting fast enough. On the 3rd pairing I am okay with him and when he gets caught out there when the other team has a line change he has usually been able to survive. If he was traded I would hope it would be for a backup goalie.

I am not sure how much Anaheim needs forwards but they might be interested.

They are paying cash for Patrick Eaves that the insurance isn't covering on LTIR. The Leafs have lots of cash. This would help Anaheim's internal salary cap.

I also say that Manson isn't as good as Muzzin BUT he is a RHD which put his value up a bit so I would suggest taking the balance of Eave's contract to match Muzzin's value.

I would remove Miller from the trade.

Instead of a 1st I would put Barrie. As for the B prospect I would hate to lose Bracco but he won't displace Kapanen in Toronto on the 3rd line and would be a creative threat on the 2nd or 3rd line RW on any team.

I would suggest:

Manson, Eaves for Barrie, Bracco, and a 2nd Pick 2021 (conditional 1st 2021 if Barrie doesn't re-sign in Ana).

If the Leafs are prepared to take Eaves' contract, they might as well take Kessler's contact :P I liked the idea of the 3-way deal with Carolina, and also, Leafs need a quality backup, so if this deal were to happen, I think a goalie would be coming to Toronto.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll