1. 2020 1st round pick (STL)
STL
  1. Muzzin, Jake ($2,000,000 retained)
TOR
  1. Virtanen, Jake
  2. Woo, Jett
  3. 2022 1st round pick (VAN)
Additional Details:
1st is conditional based on whether or not Barrie re-signs if not the pick becomes a 7th and it's top 10 protected.
VAN
  1. Barrie, Tyson
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (TOR)
Additional Details:
2nd is conditional if Barrie re-signs it becomes a 3rd or 4th if not then Van gets our 2nd. They only make this move if they feel they can re-sign him.
TOR
  1. 2020 5th round pick (WPG)
WPG
  1. Ceci, Cody ($2,250,000 retained)
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the STL
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$78,938,532$0$397,500$2,561,468
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$10,893,000$10,893,000
RW
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 2
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LD
UFA - 1
$775,833$775,833 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the New York Rangers
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 14, 2019 at 10:49 p.m.
@Trickster @oneX what do you guys think of this?
Trickster liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 3:19 a.m.
Quoting: Sign_em_up000000
@Trickster @oneX what do you guys think of this?

I don't mind the return for Barrie just not sure why Vancouver would do it.
Trickster liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 1:22 p.m.
Quoting: oneX
I don't mind the return for Barrie just not sure why Vancouver would do it.

Van does this to gain his rights don't forget they went hard after him last off-season. I know @palhal hates sign and trades but this may be the exception and even if not they can offer him an extra year. Like I said this deal only happens if they think they can re-sign him meaning they would have to be comfortable with his ask. Plus they're only 3 points back of Vgas and 4 points back of Edmonton and Calgary and 6 points back of the division-leading coyotes so if they're a bubble team this could be a move to add down the stretch. What do you think of the other trades?
Trickster liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 1:47 p.m.
Van does this to gain his rights don't forget they went hard after him last off-season. I know @palhal hates sign and trades but this may be the exception and even if not they can offer him an extra year. Like I said this deal only happens if they think they can re-sign him meaning they would have to be comfortable with his ask. Plus they're only 3 points back of Vgas and 4 points back of Edmonton and Calgary and 6 points back of the division-leading coyotes so if they're a bubble team this could be a move to add down the stretch. What do you think of the other trades?

That might be a slight overpay for Georgiev. Other than that the rest looks fair.
You and @Trickster are brave in trading with Winning. That GM is a smart cookie and chances are pretty good he swindles people in trades.
I'd be careful even considering trading with him.
Trickster and Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 2:54 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Like the Canucks trade.

Overpay for Georgiev, I'm luke warm on him at best so shouldn't needcro be a 2nd and shouldn't have to include Timashov.

Not sure if Muzzin has this value.
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 4:21 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

I don't necessarily hate all sign and trades. Signs and trades from a contending team is kinda useless. Teams don't trade valuable members of their teams. Players with NTC, especially on contending teams won't even be asked to waive. Actually most sign and trades are useless to the player because few players are going to receive 8 year deals as UFA anyway due their age.

The Stone trade with a sign and trade made sense for both teams. Sens were out of the playoffs, Stone was not going to resign with the Sens. Vegas and Stone both got what they wanted.

Don't think Leafs get that much a return in those trades, especially that Barrie trade. Barrie isn't worthy of an 8 year contract (the only reason for sign and trade.) His game (defensively) always had holes in it, and this year, he might be looking closer to 4m Gardiner UFA salary, not the 8 Carlsson contract some on this site are saying.
Sign_em_up000000 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 6:42 p.m.
Quoting: oneX
That might be a slight overpay for Georgiev. Other than that the rest looks fair.
You and @Trickster are brave in trading with Winning. That GM is a smart cookie and chances are pretty good he swindles people in trades.
I'd be careful even considering trading with him.

I initiallyhad a 4th and 6th going to the Rangers but I just didn't want to hear none leaf fans complain about the return for Georgiev. Chevy is an astute GM no doubt about it but this is more about getting value for assets that won't be here after this year. And honestly, if Chevy and the peg can get Ceci going than I will be happy for the guy.
oneX liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 6:46 p.m.
Quoting: Trickster
Like the Canucks trade.

Overpay for Georgiev, I'm luke warm on him at best so shouldn't needcro be a 2nd and shouldn't have to include Timashov.

Not sure if Muzzin has this value.

I initially had a 4th and 6th going to the Rangers but didn't want to hear the none leaf fans complain. I get your not high on him but in this case, he'd be Andersen's backup so he should be better than our current options. I also included Timashov so we don't have to put him on waivers.

I have to disagree on Muzzin especially if a team views him as an important piece for a cup run.... I mean if the Blues repeat are they really gonna care about giving up the 31st pick?
oneX and Trickster liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 6:59 p.m.
Quoting: palhal
I don't necessarily hate all sign and trades. Signs and trades from a contending team is kinda useless. Teams don't trade valuable members of their teams. Players with NTC, especially on contending teams won't even be asked to waive. Actually most sign and trades are useless to the player because few players are going to receive 8 year deals as UFA anyway due their age.

The Stone trade with a sign and trade made sense for both teams. Sens were out of the playoffs, Stone was not going to resign with the Sens. Vegas and Stone both got what they wanted.

Don't think Leafs get that much a return in those trades, especially that Barrie trade. Barrie isn't worthy of an 8 year contract (the only reason for sign and trade.) His game (defensively) always had holes in it, and this year, he might be looking closer to 4m Gardiner UFA salary, not the 8 Carlsson contract some on this site are saying.

I'm not saying I disagree with what you're saying but remember this is Jim Benning we're talking about and he really wanted Barrie last off-season and may not want to compete with other teams in FA. At the end of the day who knows what's going to happen but this was just a thought I had. Only time will tell how things will unfold....should be interesting to see tho.
oneX and Trickster liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 11:27 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I'm not saying I disagree with what you're saying but remember this is Jim Benning we're talking about and he really wanted Barrie last off-season and may not want to compete with other teams in FA. At the end of the day who knows what's going to happen but this was just a thought I had. Only time will tell how things will unfold....should be interesting to see tho.

When Barrie was a Avs or Leaf, Benning may should not talking about "wanting: that player. It's tampering. Why I really disagree with sign and trades, is let's go back to last June when Barrie (for example) was an Avs. Sakic tells Barrie, they have a trade in place if agrees to sign and trade to Vancouver. But If you can't come to an agreement, you're welcome back to the Avs. Those conversations really don't take place IMO.
Sign_em_up000000 and Trickster liked this.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 9:14 a.m.
When Barrie was a Avs or Leaf, Benning may should not talking about "wanting: that player. It's tampering. Why I really disagree with sign and trades, is let's go back to last June when Barrie (for example) was an Avs. Sakic tells Barrie, they have a trade in place if agrees to sign and trade to Vancouver. But If you can't come to an agreement, you're welcome back to the Avs. Those conversations really don't take place IMO.

Let's be real tampering happens in all leagues that's why teams and players are able to strike deals so fast. Let's try to look at this a different way it's easier if the player hasn't played his whole career for a team and if said team is out of contention but I'd imagine most convos would go something like this....

We love having you here, you've played an integral role for our team but we want to give you a shot at winning the ultimate prize and unfortunately, that's not with us this season. However, we'd love to have you back next year but we can talk about that in the upcoming off-season (or they can tamper and make him an offer that " won't be agreed upon until the off-season"). It could very but I don't think it's please waive for team X and if things don't work out your welcome back.

In this case things for whatever reason haven't worked out for Barrie and Van has already shown him the love he's also from B.C. so he'd be closer to home and Jim Benning is the kinda GM to offer him an eight-year deal to make sure it gets done. At the end of the day this trade proposal isn't the end all be all but IMO it's a plausible scenario that could play out around the deadline if Van is a bubble team or if Benning is scared he might miss out on Barrie in the off-season (don't forget after Petro, Barrie is the best D to hit the market and we both know he'll probably be the best cause the blues likely lock up their captain).
Trickster liked this.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 9:40 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Let's be real tampering happens in all leagues that's why teams and players are able to strike deals so fast. Let's try to look at this a different way it's easier if the player hasn't played his whole career for a team and if said team is out of contention but I'd imagine most convos would go something like this....

We love having you here, you've played an integral role for our team but we want to give you a shot at winning the ultimate prize and unfortunately, that's not with us this season. However, we'd love to have you back next year but we can talk about that in the upcoming off-season (or they can tamper and make him an offer that " won't be agreed upon until the off-season"). It could very but I don't think it's please waive for team X and if things don't work out your welcome back.

In this case things for whatever reason haven't worked out for Barrie and Van has already shown him the love he's also from B.C. so he'd be closer to home and Jim Benning is the kinda GM to offer him an eight-year deal to make sure it gets done. At the end of the day this trade proposal isn't the end all be all but IMO it's a plausible scenario that could play out around the deadline if Van is a bubble team or if Benning is scared he might miss out on Barrie in the off-season (don't forget after Petro, Barrie is the best D to hit the market and we both know he'll probably be the best cause the blues likely lock up their captain).

I really wonder what Barrie's value is. Sure he was good PP man with Avs but bad defensively. This year he hasn't played the PP much, and right now I would rate as him as the 3rd best RHD with the Leafs, and likely their worse Dman. Gardiner got just 4.05m X 4. Can Barrie justify more, though it takes just one team.
Sign_em_up000000 and Trickster liked this.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 5:17 p.m.
I really wonder what Barrie's value is. Sure he was good PP man with Avs but bad defensively. This year he hasn't played the PP much, and right now I would rate as him as the 3rd best RHD with the Leafs, and likely their worse Dman. Gardiner got just 4.05m X 4. Can Barrie justify more, though it takes just one team.

Can't disagree with that, like I said only time will tell how this all plays out.
Trickster liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll