Forums/Armchair-GM

TML Fans

Created by: OutCold13
Team: 2019-20 Minnesota Wild
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 15, 2019
Published: Dec. 15, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Wild and Leafs swap wings and leafs dump Ceci and get some space under cap. Kap and Fiala statistically are pretty close, age is the same, the biggest difference is one is a left shot and one is right with one more year of term. The Wild need more right shots and pay more because of the extra year of term.
Trades
Buyouts
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the MIN
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$75,103,591$0$1,100,000$6,396,409
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$1,625,000$1,625,000
C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 5
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,500,000$5,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$916,666$916,666 (Performance Bonus$500,000$500K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,487,500$1,487,500
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$600,000$600K)
RW, C
RFA - 1
$2,875,000$2,875,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000
C
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,538,462$7,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$5,187,500$5,187,500
RD
NMC
UFA - 1
$2,166,667$2,166,667
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,166,667$4,166,667
LD
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
UFA - 4
$785,000$785,000
G
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
$725,000$725,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
LW, C
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 15, 2019 at 1:11 a.m.
What’s the cap? What’s stats like on the wild players
Dec. 15, 2019 at 1:18 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: Leafs_fan13
What’s the cap? What’s stats like on the wild players

Salary Cap, this trade takes approximately 2mil off the books for leafs leaving them room for other deals. Fialas stats are 6 goals 9 assists 15 points.
Leafs_fan13 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 9:22 a.m.
I would have liked this idea a few months ago, but now that Fiala is finally showing flashes I hope we keep him around. I know we need right shot forwards but I'd much rather trade Donato or even Greenway than Fiala to get one. I think the way to go is to trade Zucker for picks/prospects which opens up a slot for Kaprizov in the top 6 and then use the absence of Koivu next year to find a right shot center. That's a lot easier said than done, but Fiala has me excited for his future with the way he has played the past 20 games or so. Maybe thy means its the ideal time to trade him since his value is up...
OutCold13 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 9:33 a.m.
14m in dead cap
Quoting: TanSor
I would have liked this idea a few months ago, but now that Fiala is finally showing flashes I hope we keep him around. I know we need right shot forwards but I'd much rather trade Donato or even Greenway than Fiala to get one. I think the way to go is to trade Zucker for picks/prospects which opens up a slot for Kaprizov in the top 6 and then use the absence of Koivu next year to find a right shot center. That's a lot easier said than done, but Fiala has me excited for his future with the way he has played the past 20 games or so.

Agreed, Zucker is having a good season which should help with any concerns his 30 goal season was a fluke.

Pretty sure Kaprizov plays RW, so their top 2 RW next year are probably him and Zuccarello to start. Ideally, their top 6 would be Fiala, Parise, Staal, Zuccarello, Kaprizov and a right shot center (which they'd probably need to acquire). Third line could probably be the GEEK line if they do trade Zucker. 4th? Foligno/Donato/Hartman seemed to be working before injuries forced them to move Donato into Koivu's spot.

Worth mentioning I think there's a good chance they move Brodin this summer, with Soucy looking more and more like a top 4 player Boudreau can trust. Hopefully Guerin can find a way to turn Zucker and Brodin into a top 6 right shot center. Goalie will be interesting too if they give Kahkonen a chance to earn a roster spot next year. Reasons to be optimistic going forward if Guerin can make some good moves.
TanSor liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 9:36 a.m.
Quoting: Paul13
Salary Cap, this trade takes approximately 2mil off the books for leafs leaving them room for other deals. Fialas stats are 6 goals 9 assists 15 points.

Almost enough to go out and get another Tyson Barrie!
Dec. 15, 2019 at 10:04 a.m.
Quoting: JayTea
Agreed, Zucker is having a good season which should help with any concerns his 30 goal season was a fluke.

Pretty sure Kaprizov plays RW, so their top 2 RW next year are probably him and Zuccarello to start. Ideally, their top 6 would be Fiala, Parise, Staal, Zuccarello, Kaprizov and a right shot center (which they'd probably need to acquire). Third line could probably be the GEEK line if they do trade Zucker. 4th? Foligno/Donato/Hartman seemed to be working before injuries forced them to move Donato into Koivu's spot.

Worth mentioning I think there's a good chance they move Brodin this summer, with Soucy looking more and more like a top 4 player Boudreau can trust. Hopefully Guerin can find a way to turn Zucker and Brodin into a top 6 right shot center. Goalie will be interesting too if they give Kahkonen a chance to earn a roster spot next year. Reasons to be optimistic going forward if Guerin can make some good moves.

Kaprizov plays both wings, but from what I saw watching him last year I really liked him on the right side. Honestly I'm warming up to the idea of moving Dumba and keeping Brodin, but I agree completely with your point that we should move a defenseman.

Here's why I think moving Dumba makes sense: for one, he's probably our most valuable trade piece which means we could actually go out and get that top 6 center. Brodin is a great player but realistically I don't think many teams would be willing to move a top 6 center for him. Dumba has shown a ton of potential and the ability to step up and play a top pairing role well, plus he's an offensive RD which many teams covet. A team like Tampa (or even Philly) is ripe with star center talent and they also happen to need RD.

Second, we have a bunch of promising potential replacements for Dumba in the pipeline with Menell, Belpedio, and the Johansson's. Compare that to Gordeev and Warren, which isn't as strong of a pool for our LD. I know we have Soucy, but he has looked awesome on the right side and from the limited sample size we've seen I'd be confident about our top 4 going forward with him there.

Third, if we trade Brodin we are almost guaranteed to lose Soucy in the expansion draft. As it stands, we have to protect Suter and Spurgeon assuming we go with the 7F, 3D, and 1G plan. That leaves one spot for Dumba or Soucy since Brodin is a free agent that year (Seattle would be foolish to pick him with an expiring contract unless they knew he would re-sign a few days after). If we kept Brodin and traded Dumba, we could protect Soucy and then wait until after the expansion draft to re-sign Brodin, essentially circumventing having to lose him to Seattle. That all would require Brodin wanting to re-sign here, of course. If we traded Brodin and kept Dumba, we would be fools to expose Dumba which would leave a nice 2nd pairind D in Soucy available for Seattle's taking.

Finally, we don't really need Dumba. He's a great piece to have on the team but our top pairing will always be Suter and Spurgeon as long as both are healthy and having Dumba on your second pairing is kind of a waste. Yes, it's nice to have that right shot on the PP but if you trade him for a right shot center you wouldn't be losing that. A top 4 consisting of Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, and Soucy is still a great top 4. I think we could get a star center if we packaged Dumba and Zucker together. Cap would be tough to figure out, of course, but I think a ton of teams would be interested in those two compared to Brodin and Zucker.
OutCold13 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 11:32 a.m.
14m in dead cap
Kaprizov plays both wings, but from what I saw watching him last year I really liked him on the right side. Honestly I'm warming up to the idea of moving Dumba and keeping Brodin, but I agree completely with your point that we should move a defenseman.

Here's why I think moving Dumba makes sense: for one, he's probably our most valuable trade piece which means we could actually go out and get that top 6 center. Brodin is a great player but realistically I don't think many teams would be willing to move a top 6 center for him. Dumba has shown a ton of potential and the ability to step up and play a top pairing role well, plus he's an offensive RD which many teams covet. A team like Tampa (or even Philly) is ripe with star center talent and they also happen to need RD.

Second, we have a bunch of promising potential replacements for Dumba in the pipeline with Menell, Belpedio, and the Johansson's. Compare that to Gordeev and Warren, which isn't as strong of a pool for our LD. I know we have Soucy, but he has looked awesome on the right side and from the limited sample size we've seen I'd be confident about our top 4 going forward with him there.

Third, if we trade Brodin we are almost guaranteed to lose Soucy in the expansion draft. As it stands, we have to protect Suter and Spurgeon assuming we go with the 7F, 3D, and 1G plan. That leaves one spot for Dumba or Soucy since Brodin is a free agent that year (Seattle would be foolish to pick him with an expiring contract unless they knew he would re-sign a few days after). If we kept Brodin and traded Dumba, we could protect Soucy and then wait until after the expansion draft to re-sign Brodin, essentially circumventing having to lose him to Seattle. That all would require Brodin wanting to re-sign here, of course. If we traded Brodin and kept Dumba, we would be fools to expose Dumba which would leave a nice 2nd pairind D in Soucy available for Seattle's taking.

Finally, we don't really need Dumba. He's a great piece to have on the team but our top pairing will always be Suter and Spurgeon as long as both are healthy and having Dumba on your second pairing is kind of a waste. Yes, it's nice to have that right shot on the PP but if you trade him for a right shot center you wouldn't be losing that. A top 4 consisting of Suter, Spurgeon, Brodin, and Soucy is still a great top 4. I think we could get a star center if we packaged Dumba and Zucker together. Cap would be tough to figure out, of course, but I think a ton of teams would be interested in those two compared to Brodin and Zucker.

Oh I'm completely ok with trading Dumba, as long as the team is getting EXACTLY what they need back. I didn't really think about the expansion draft issue with Soucy, so yeah, I'd agree Dumba is the most expendable defenseman with value to bring in a talented forward. I'm still not sold on trading Dumba for a part time center like Nylander, but I'm not sure who else might even remotely be available.
TanSor and OutCold13 liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 12:23 p.m.
Hockey Fan13
I would have liked this idea a few months ago, but now that Fiala is finally showing flashes I hope we keep him around. I know we need right shot forwards but I'd much rather trade Donato or even Greenway than Fiala to get one. I think the way to go is to trade Zucker for picks/prospects which opens up a slot for Kaprizov in the top 6 and then use the absence of Koivu next year to find a right shot center. That's a lot easier said than done, but Fiala has me excited for his future with the way he has played the past 20 games or so. Maybe thy means its the ideal time to trade him since his value is up...

Fiala is playing great, I'm a typical MN fan I've been beaten down by the teams here for so long that I can't trust a good thing. I also like this deal for the extra year of term on Kapanens deal. I think trading Zucker brings Wild a nice return but since leipold won't commit to a rebuild I don't see the Wild moving him.
TanSor liked this.
Dec. 15, 2019 at 12:42 p.m.
14m in dead cap
Quoting: Paul13
Fiala is playing great, I'm a typical MN fan I've been beaten down by the teams here for so long that I can't trust a good thing. I also like this deal for the extra year of term on Kapanens deal. I think trading Zucker brings Wild a nice return but since leipold won't commit to a rebuild I don't see the Wild moving him.

It’s not about committing to a rebuild. They need to move a top 6 winger to make a spot for Kaprizov. Zuccarello and Parise aren’t going anywhere, you’re not paying Parise $7.5m to play 3rd line minutes and Fiala has too much upside so Zucker to me is the odd man out.
OutCold13 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll