Forums/Armchair-GM

Here are your trade values for Leafs

Created by: SammyT_51
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 16, 2019
Published: Dec. 16, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
LW = Untouchables or players Leafs would need massive overpayment for to move.

C = could be traded for fair value or Leafs value them highly

RW - players with low trade value that could be gotten for late round picks or similarly valued players.

Except for Robertson, Liljegren, Sandin and Bracco, no prospects would be involved.
Retained Salary Transactions
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CBJ
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the EDM
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
29$81,500,000$95,909,643$0$552,500-$14,409,643
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
RW
UFA - 1
$10,893,000$10,893,000
RW
UFA - 6
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$775,000$775,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$737,500$737,500
LW
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$894,167$894,167
LD
UFA - 3
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$400,000$400K)
RD
RFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW, RW
RFA - 5
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 16, 2019 at 7:52 a.m.
Canes Baby
Could you give me a player equivalent to Dermott? Heard lots about him, but I dont watch the leafs play regularly.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 7:58 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: jslongo
Could you give me a player equivalent to Dermott? Heard lots about him, but I dont watch the leafs play regularly.

Left handed Jared Spurgeon. Smallish two-way Dman who can create offense while being secure D option with anybody. He can play more offensive role or defensive role. It really depends on his partner.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 8:25 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: jslongo

IMO Dermot is virtually an untouchable in a trade. He's good, and every partner he plays with is better with him. Next year, even bigger responsibilities at LHD with the Leafs expected to go with Reilly, Dermot and rookie Sandin. If necessary he's the one left handed shot that can play the right side. If I'm the Leafs, I'd like to sign him long term this summer.
LukeDieHardLeaf liked this.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 8:25 a.m.
Canes Baby
Quoting: palhal
IMO Dermot is virtually an untouchable in a trade. He's good, and every partner he plays with is better with him. Next year, even bigger responsibilities at LHD with the Leafs expected to go with Reilly, Dermot and rookie Sandin. If necessary he's the one left handed shot that can play the right side. If I'm the Leafs, I'd like to sign him long term this summer.

Nice!
LukeDieHardLeaf liked this.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 8:32 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: SammyT_51
Left handed Jared Spurgeon. Smallish two-way Dman who can create offense while being secure D option with anybody. He can play more offensive role or defensive role. It really depends on his partner.

He's not small though, he just has a baby face. He's 6 feet and listed at 205. He's bigger than you think, much like the whole team. The Leafs are the 3rd or 4th heaviest team in the league. But still people say they are small skilled guys.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 8:37 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
He's not small though, he just has a baby face. He's 6 feet and listed at 205. He's bigger than you think, much like the whole team. The Leafs are the 3rd or 4th heaviest team in the league. But still people say they are small skilled guys.

Oh, Im not saying Leafs are small. They are big!

He is like 5ft11.. for Dman thats kinda smaller. He is thick player tho. He isnt even babyface lol
Dec. 16, 2019 at 8:41 a.m.

Quoting: palhal

Guys I like Travis Dermott too, but I think the comparable to Spurgeon is a little, generous. I am not sure what to think of Dermott. He's playing more now under Keefe then he was under Babcock, and I know he has some growing to do. But I think it's a bit early to compare him to a top-2 D like Spurgeon and he certainly hasn't earned a long-term big money deal. He's a guy we keep talking about potential, he's been in the league for 3 seasons, by the end of this one he had better be much closer to that potential to make me happy about giving him a big deal, I would say he has not earned that yet.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 8:43 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Quoting: newballcoach
Guys I like Travis Dermott too, but I think the comparable to Spurgeon is a little, generous. I am not sure what to think of Dermott. He's playing more now under Keefe then he was under Babcock, and I know he has some growing to do. But I think it's a bit early to compare him to a top-2 D like Spurgeon and he certainly hasn't earned a long-term big money deal. He's a guy we keep talking about potential, he's been in the league for 3 seasons, by the end of this one he had better be much closer to that potential to make me happy about giving him a big deal, I would say he has not earned that yet.

Spurgeon is not top-2 D tho.. he has earned bridge deal for 100%. Is 23yo and is doing amazingly so far for that young Dman.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 9:01 a.m.
Spurgeon is not top-2 D tho.. he has earned bridge deal for 100%. Is 23yo and is doing amazingly so far for that young Dman.

On most teams he would be, Minnesota just happens to have excellent Dmen. I certainly think he's a bridge deal player, another comment mentioned locking him down long-term, which I don't see the point of. He hasn't earned big money and wouldn't want to sign long-term for the 2-3 mil he's earned.

Amazingly? I mean, he's been on the third pair in sheltered minutes. He has never shown an ability to take on increased deployment or a rise in ice-time. Again, he's young, and he has done well in his role. But to say he's been amazing and is as good as Jared Spurgeon is hyperbole. You can like him, and admit he has flaws.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 9:29 a.m.
sooo let me get this straight. bracco and ceci are worth late round picks but most leafs fans want to trade both players and kappy or johnsson for a 1rhd? hows that make sense?
Dec. 16, 2019 at 9:42 a.m.
Banned
Oh, Im not saying Leafs are small. They are big!

He is like 5ft11.. for Dman thats kinda smaller. He is thick player tho. He isnt even babyface lol

I think he looks like he just graduated high school. But he does play bigger and has some snarl and some after the whistle jam. He's going to be a really good player.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 9:45 a.m.
Banned
On most teams he would be, Minnesota just happens to have excellent Dmen. I certainly think he's a bridge deal player, another comment mentioned locking him down long-term, which I don't see the point of. He hasn't earned big money and wouldn't want to sign long-term for the 2-3 mil he's earned.

Amazingly? I mean, he's been on the third pair in sheltered minutes. He has never shown an ability to take on increased deployment or a rise in ice-time. Again, he's young, and he has done well in his role. But to say he's been amazing and is as good as Jared Spurgeon is hyperbole. You can like him, and admit he has flaws.

You really are just talking like a guy who doesn't watch him but is forming an opinion based on the ideal that Leaf fans always overvalue him. Dermott has on many occasions been asked to take on more responsibility. Prior to his shoulder injury, he was getting spot opportunities with Rielly over Hainsey but then got hurt. This season, he's done some of that as well, although with Barrie playing well enough with Rielly so far, and Holl and Muzzin looking like a really good shutdown pair, having him play on the 3rd pair means the 3rd pair is going to be in terrific shape.

What flaws are you seeing, other than he's a Leaf player who has for the most part been a terrific 3rd pair defenceman?
Dec. 16, 2019 at 9:50 a.m.
Banned

Not sure anyone here is saying long term big money, but perhaps there is a case to get him to sign long term at something like 4.5 a year or something. Its more than he's worth right now but if he keeps getting better which he has, then that could turn out to be a terrific deal and at the very least it'll be a good one if he stalls at 2nd pair defender with terrific skating ability.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 12:46 p.m.
You really are just talking like a guy who doesn't watch him but is forming an opinion based on the ideal that Leaf fans always overvalue him. Dermott has on many occasions been asked to take on more responsibility. Prior to his shoulder injury, he was getting spot opportunities with Rielly over Hainsey but then got hurt. This season, he's done some of that as well, although with Barrie playing well enough with Rielly so far, and Holl and Muzzin looking like a really good shutdown pair, having him play on the 3rd pair means the 3rd pair is going to be in terrific shape.

What flaws are you seeing, other than he's a Leaf player who has for the most part been a terrific 3rd pair defenceman?

Not sure anyone here is saying long term big money, but perhaps there is a case to get him to sign long term at something like 4.5 a year or something. Its more than he's worth right now but if he keeps getting better which he has, then that could turn out to be a terrific deal and at the very least it'll be a good one if he stalls at 2nd pair defender with terrific skating ability.

Earlier it was mentioned someone would like to lock him up long-term. I was responding to that. I am not saying Travis Dermott is a bad player. I'm also not willing to say he's worth 4.5/year. When I watch the games (yeah I watch all of them) I just don't notice anything special. He looks like a competent NHL 3rd pairing defencemen, and sure, he could develop into more. But you don't pay him based on what you think he will be, you pay him based on what he is right now. I wouldn't want to give him more than 3mil/year, and a 2 or 3 year bridge is probably the best solution for everyone.

I guess I just don't see the hype. Apparently that means I'm anti-Leafs. I didn't say he has any fatal flaws, in fact I said he's done well in his role. We haven't seen him out of his role enough for me to comfortable to giving him top-4 money when he's never played in the top-4. Does that make sense?
Dec. 16, 2019 at 12:49 p.m.
Banned
Earlier it was mentioned someone would like to lock him up long-term. I was responding to that. I am not saying Travis Dermott is a bad player. I'm also not willing to say he's worth 4.5/year. When I watch the games (yeah I watch all of them) I just don't notice anything special. He looks like a competent NHL 3rd pairing defencemen, and sure, he could develop into more. But you don't pay him based on what you think he will be, you pay him based on what he is right now. I wouldn't want to give him more than 3mil/year, and a 2 or 3 year bridge is probably the best solution for everyone.

I guess I just don't see the hype. Apparently that means I'm anti-Leafs. I didn't say he has any fatal flaws, in fact I said he's done well in his role. We haven't seen him out of his role enough for me to comfortable to giving him top-4 money when he's never played in the top-4. Does that make sense?

I hear you but I also question why you think he isn't impressive. His skating alone is next level. He's bigger than people think, has some sand paper and is terrific at denying entries into the defensive zone. Dermott has been terrific, if not spectacular. I notice something Dermott does almost every game, usually its either just racing away from a would be attacker, or him getting back so fast that what looks like an odd man rush turns into Dermott taking the puck back and getting it out of his zone.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 1:24 p.m.
I hear you but I also question why you think he isn't impressive. His skating alone is next level. He's bigger than people think, has some sand paper and is terrific at denying entries into the defensive zone. Dermott has been terrific, if not spectacular. I notice something Dermott does almost every game, usually its either just racing away from a would be attacker, or him getting back so fast that what looks like an odd man rush turns into Dermott taking the puck back and getting it out of his zone.

I guess I just don't see him making the same impact you do. He is playing against other teams bottom-6 over 90% of the time. He has generated 1 shot in the last 4 games. With 4 hits in the last 5, he's got twice the number of giveaways then takeaways this season. He skates well but never seems to be making impact plays IMO. Corsi and expected goals have him as a negative player this year for the first time in his career. Those are just the stats.

Your eye test likes him, that's okay. Mine doesn't. The stats don't really either. And neither do the coaches who seem to be playing him less and less. I am not going to fight you, let's just agree to disagree and maybe not hand him a multi-year 4.5 million dollar deal this offseason so he doesn't turn into Zaitsev 2.0. I think a bridge deal is more than fair, and the original point of this thread, is I don't see him as a trade untouchable. If they get a good offer that can improve the club, and he's in it, you should consider it.
Dec. 16, 2019 at 1:42 p.m.
Banned
I guess I just don't see him making the same impact you do. He is playing against other teams bottom-6 over 90% of the time. He has generated 1 shot in the last 4 games. With 4 hits in the last 5, he's got twice the number of giveaways then takeaways this season. He skates well but never seems to be making impact plays IMO. Corsi and expected goals have him as a negative player this year for the first time in his career. Those are just the stats.

Your eye test likes him, that's okay. Mine doesn't. The stats don't really either. And neither do the coaches who seem to be playing him less and less. I am not going to fight you, let's just agree to disagree and maybe not hand him a multi-year 4.5 million dollar deal this offseason so he doesn't turn into Zaitsev 2.0. I think a bridge deal is more than fair, and the original point of this thread, is I don't see him as a trade untouchable. If they get a good offer that can improve the club, and he's in it, you should consider it.

I am completely for a bridge deal as well. Although I will say, playing with Ceci hurts anyones possession stats. He's not an NHLer and has been asked to do way too much by Babs. We'll see how things go. Either way, I think the team is on track to do something this year.
newballcoach liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll