Dec. 18, 2019 at 8:16 a.m.
i hope ur hungry now
Quoting: AndrewLadd
I’d say around 11, I don’t think he quite hits Panarin’s number

Is he not as good as Breadman?
Dec. 19, 2019 at 7:53 a.m.
Quoting: SpaghettiPasta
Is he not as good as Breadman?

Breadman and Hall are very similar. The difference is that Breadman rarely misses games. I'm gonna guess Hall gets 7 years at $9.5M from a contender. Maybe he gets a bump up to $11M if he carries the Yotes to the West Finals or beyond.
Dec. 19, 2019 at 8:53 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
With the newer trend in paying or even overpaying RFAs, how many teams want to spend big money to a player into his mid thirties. Betcha the Sharks aren't valuing the 11.5m contract for the the current version and possible future version fo Karlsson. Skinnner, though never as good as Hall, somehow got 9 X 8 from the Sabres and is on pace this to 45 points. Stone might have a closer comparison to Hall and he went for 9m X 8, but even at that maybe his play has peaked.
Sure it just takes one team to give contract but I just wonder what team that would be? Florida seems to like paying big money to players in their mid thirties and beyond.
Agree with Brian2016 above, Hall NEEDS to show he is difference maker to get bump.
I'm in conflict when I post my prediction. My thought on what he should receive and what he will sign for are in conflict. I will compromise at 9.25. X 6.
Dec. 19, 2019 at 9:37 a.m.
@palhal, i didnt want to quote you, but I agree with your notion of what he should receive and what he will sign for being different. Just looking at the entire ufa market, theres a few names out there that could be interesting. In addition to hall theres pietrangelo, holtby, hoffman, krug, dadanov, backstrom, toffoli, kassian, etc. Free agents typically make more money than they really are worth because of the free market. I think hall realistically is worth between 8.5 and 9.5 due to him being injury prone. I think some team will go in at 11+ though because he does have that mvp caliber play in him, its whether we see it again is really the question.
palhal liked this.
Dec. 19, 2019 at 10:05 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: hanson493
@palhal, i didnt want to quote you, but I agree with your notion of what he should receive and what he will sign for being different. Just looking at the entire ufa market, theres a few names out there that could be interesting. In addition to hall theres pietrangelo, holtby, hoffman, krug, dadanov, backstrom, toffoli, kassian, etc. Free agents typically make more money than they really are worth because of the free market. I think hall realistically is worth between 8.5 and 9.5 due to him being injury prone. I think some team will go in at 11+ though because he does have that mvp caliber play in him, its whether we see it again is really the question.

Some of lesser UFAs better take about the first offers they receive because the "musical chairs" of teams teams with cap will run out before all the players are signed. Gardiner signed for "only" for 4.05m X 4 gee and we lots of CF predictions 7m X. 6 years.

When my Leafs are no longer playing in April,
I look forward to madness of that happens in late June to early July with the trades, draft and UFA signings. Best wishes to Hall and his team whatever that outcome is.
Dec. 19, 2019 at 10:10 a.m.
Quoting: palhal
Some of lesser UFAs better take about the first offers they receive because the "musical chairs" of teams teams with cap will run out before all the players are signed. Gardiner signed for "only" for 4.05m X 4 gee and we lots of CF predictions 7m X. 6 years.

When my Leafs are no longer playing in April,
I look forward to madness of that happens in late June to early July with the trades, draft and UFA signings. Best wishes to Hall and his team whatever that outcome is.

Going to be interesting for sure. Im interested to see what the bruins do with Krug especially after the bruins extending coyle first.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit