Forums/Armchair-GM

Faulk to VGK for Tuch

Created by: BluesBandit
Team: 2019-20 St. Louis Blues
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 14, 2019
Published: Dec. 18, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
"Buy why does Faulk waive his NTC?" Well for starters maybe because he is going to a competitive team and he'll get a much better chance at top line minutes on the right side. He also can be assured he will be in Vegas for a while because they are exempt from the expansion draft. These are only a couple reasons, I don't pretend to speak for the man.

Works for Vegas because Eakin and Reaves come off the books this summer and they finally get a RD. They also have their top 2 RW in Stone and Smith, plus Elvenes is looking like a good player.

Should be able to resign Petro by moving one of Bozak/Allen/Steen in offseason.
Trades
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
Logo of the STL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$69,430,427$12,928$997,500$12,069,573
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the St. Louis Blues
$5,350,000$5,350,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$5,125,000$5,125,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights
$4,750,000$4,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 7
$4,000,000$4,000,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$1,875,000$1,875,000
C
UFA - 4
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C, RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,000,000$5,000,000
C, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$758,333$758,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
RW
UFA - 2
$5,750,000$5,750,000
LW, RW, C
NTC
UFA - 2
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RW, C
UFA - 4
$1,475,000$1,475,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$722,500$722,500 (Performance Bonus$57,500$58K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$6,500,000$6,500,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$4,400,000$4,400,000
G
UFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000 (Performance Bonus$250,000$250K)
LD
NTC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
UFA - 3
$842,500$842,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
LD
UFA - 1
$4,350,000$4,350,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,375,000$1,375,000
RD
UFA - 3
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 18, 2019 at 5:53 p.m.
If only...
Dec. 18, 2019 at 5:53 p.m.
VGK can do better than Faulk
Dec. 18, 2019 at 5:56 p.m.
What in tarnation
Edited Dec. 18, 2019 at 6:03 p.m.
Just think about it. Both players are pretty equal in level, but Tuch is 23 with a 7 year contract that is relatively cheap, while Faulk is 28 with his 6-year contract just beginning the next year. Which one would you take?

9/10 would take the first one. 1/10 would be quickly out of job if they choose otherwise.
GenXHockey liked this.
Dec. 18, 2019 at 6:04 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
This is such a bad trade for Vegas it’s not even funny. STL already wants to get out of Faulks contract. Huh.
Dec. 18, 2019 at 6:20 p.m.
Can we all agree that the Blues trading for and signing Faulk to an extension when they did pretty much solely based on whether Pietrangelo leaving in free agency, is kind of weird?

I can't help but feel that Army knows that Pietrangelo will leave unless STL gives him Doughty money and the Blues simply won't do that. So he preemptively went out and got Faulk. Who will replace Parayko's minutes who will replace Pietrangelo's minutes and so on.
Dec. 18, 2019 at 6:38 p.m.
mokumboi
Sorry, man, that trade ain't happening. If it makes you feel better, Faulk has finally started playing like an All-Star over the last week or so.

Quoting: F50marco
Can we all agree that the Blues trading for and signing Faulk to an extension when they did pretty much solely based on whether Pietrangelo leaving in free agency, is kind of weird?

I can't help but feel that Army knows that Pietrangelo will leave unless STL gives him Doughty money and the Blues simply won't do that. So he preemptively went out and got Faulk. Who will replace Parayko's minutes who will replace Pietrangelo's minutes and so on.

Uhh no.
Dec. 18, 2019 at 10:23 p.m.
Quoting: mokumboi
Sorry, man, that trade ain't happening. If it makes you feel better, Faulk has finally started playing like an All-Star over the last week or so.

Uhh no.

"Uhh no" that's not what I feel or you don't agree that its weird that Armstrong acquired another prominent RHD when he already had Pietrangelo and Parayko?

Either way I'm all ears.
Dec. 18, 2019 at 11:20 p.m.
mokumboi
"Uhh no" that's not what I feel or you don't agree that its weird that Armstrong acquired another prominent RHD when he already had Pietrangelo and Parayko?

Either way I'm all ears.

That Army got Faulk based solely on anything having to do with Petro, and the notion that Army knows Petro is leaving yada yada. Both those things specifically, and the entire premise with it.
Dec. 19, 2019 at 9:42 a.m.
That Army got Faulk based solely on anything having to do with Petro, and the notion that Army knows Petro is leaving yada yada. Both those things specifically, and the entire premise with it.

Well it was more a theory than anything..... Im not in the know. How would you explain the rationale behind it?
Dec. 19, 2019 at 10:02 a.m.
mokumboi
Well it was more a theory than anything..... Im not in the know. How would you explain the rationale behind it?

Acquiring a good player.
Dec. 19, 2019 at 10:31 a.m.
Acquiring a good player.

He actively wanted another good player in a position the team already was deep at in which only so many minutes can be distributed too all of them at the same time?

That makes more sense to you than my hypothesis?
Dec. 19, 2019 at 11:50 a.m.
mokumboi
He actively wanted another good player in a position the team already was deep at in which only so many minutes can be distributed too all of them at the same time?

That makes more sense to you than my hypothesis?

Petro and Faulk are playing together, so yeah.
Dec. 19, 2019 at 12:33 p.m.
Petro and Faulk are playing together, so yeah.

So if Pietrangelo leaves, you'd expect Faulk, the Dman whose played the right side his entire career to stay on the left side even afterwards?

Kind of feel you are arguing for the sake of arguing, man.... Faulk playing the left side next Pietrangelo is only out of necessity. Not out of desire.
Dec. 19, 2019 at 12:51 p.m.
mokumboi
So if Pietrangelo leaves, you'd expect Faulk, the Dman whose played the right side his entire career to stay on the left side even afterwards?

Kind of feel you are arguing for the sake of arguing, man.... Faulk playing the left side next Pietrangelo is only out of necessity. Not out of desire.

Petro ain't leaving, man. And out of necessity or not, it's working and everyone gets their minutes.
Dec. 19, 2019 at 1:03 p.m.
Petro ain't leaving, man. And out of necessity or not, it's working and everyone gets their minutes.

How do you know though? You don't... so.......

As for it working, absolutely. If it works don't change it but if you were to tell me Army knew in advance that he was getting a career RHD to play the left side for his team and it have nothing to do with the potential that his current top RHD who is a pending UFA may leave, I'd say ... "umm no" right back at ya..
Dec. 19, 2019 at 1:17 p.m.
mokumboi
How do you know though? You don't... so.......

As for it working, absolutely. If it works don't change it but if you were to tell me Army knew in advance that he was getting a career RHD to play the left side for his team and it have nothing to do with the potential that his current top RHD who is a pending UFA may leave, I'd say ... "umm no" right back at ya..

You can say whatever you want, but that doesn't make you correct. Petro isn't leaving. His wife is from STL, they just had triplets, he loves the Blues, he's a hero in the city and he's gonna get paid just fine. All this talk of him leaving is nothing more than entirely circumstantial wishful thinking.
Dec. 19, 2019 at 1:43 p.m.
You can say whatever you want, but that doesn't make you correct. Petro isn't leaving. His wife is from STL, they just had triplets, he loves the Blues, he's a hero in the city and he's gonna get paid just fine. All this talk of him leaving is nothing more than entirely circumstantial wishful thinking.

I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm simply stating that you don't know for a fact he will and saying anything otherwise is wishful thinking as well.....

His not coming to terms on a new contract last July means he is at least attempting to extract more money in his new deal than what was originally offered. (8.25M'ish range reported by Freidman) But we all know Armstrong has limits to what he can do. Eventually one or the other will have to budge. We don't know which one that is yet though. I think Army is the best one to judge his own odds of getting Pietrangelo resigned so him adding an expensive 3rd RHD to the team only a couple months after Pietrangelo going into the season unsigned could just be a funny coincidence but my gut tells me there was more to it then that. (Not saying it means Pietrangelo WILL be leaving, more just a preemptive move in the case he DOES leave)

Resigning Pietrangelo @ a modest 9M contract, Dunn @ 2M and Blais @ 1M with a 2M increase in the cap next season means STL needs to shed a minimum of 3M from their cap in a trade next year just to be compliant on the dot. IMO the most likely candidates will be tough to move without at least some cap coming back. (Allen, Steen, Bozak).
Dec. 19, 2019 at 2:22 p.m.
mokumboi
I'm not disagreeing with you. I'm simply stating that you don't know for a fact he will and saying anything otherwise is wishful thinking as well.....

His not coming to terms on a new contract last July means he is at least attempting to extract more money in his new deal than what was originally offered. (8.25M'ish range reported by Freidman) But we all know Armstrong has limits to what he can do. Eventually one or the other will have to budge. We don't know which one that is yet though. I think Army is the best one to judge his own odds of getting Pietrangelo resigned so him adding an expensive 3rd RHD to the team only a couple months after Pietrangelo going into the season unsigned could just be a funny coincidence but my gut tells me there was more to it then that. (Not saying it means Pietrangelo WILL be leaving, more just a preemptive move in the case he DOES leave)

Resigning Pietrangelo @ a modest 9M contract, Dunn @ 2M and Blais @ 1M with a 2M increase in the cap next season means STL needs to shed a minimum of 3M from their cap in a trade next year just to be compliant on the dot. IMO the most likely candidates will be tough to move without at least some cap coming back. (Allen, Steen, Bozak).

More than anything, his not coming to fresh terms last July means everyone was kinda busy well into June and then they all had vacations. And now, Petro isn't keen on dealing with it during a new Cup chase, while Army has to plan ahead (as you mentioned). It will all be handled in time, and yes, one or two of the three players you mentioned will exit this coming summer. For that matter, Faulk very well could exit in the expansion draft, which I theorize was Army's idea all along.

Nobody needs a clever reason to make their team better, and after a settling in period, Faulk is doing that like a mofo. He's been outstanding the last 5-6 games, looks like an All-Star out there now.
Dec. 19, 2019 at 2:57 p.m.
More than anything, his not coming to fresh terms last July means everyone was kinda busy well into June and then they all had vacations. And now, Petro isn't keen on dealing with it during a new Cup chase, while Army has to plan ahead (as you mentioned). It will all be handled in time, and yes, one or two of the three players you mentioned will exit this coming summer. For that matter, Faulk very well could exit in the expansion draft, which I theorize was Army's idea all along.

Nobody needs a clever reason to make their team better, and after a settling in period, Faulk is doing that like a mofo. He's been outstanding the last 5-6 games, looks like an All-Star out there now.

John Carlson got his contract June 25th after Washington won the cup........ If they wanted to get a deal done, they easily could have, its that easy. The reason teams/players generally want to get the contract done as soon as possible is because of the media attention that comes when a player isn't signed ahead of time.

I just finished saying that getting a team to take one of those 3 players off the team without any cap coming back will be a hard sell. not too mention two of them have NTC's which will make trading them even harder. Also the Expansion draft if im not mistaken is the year afterwards so that doesn't help them this offseason. Plus that is a major risk making a trade for major name player two years before the expansion, paying solid assets for said player, to assume that he'll be taken in the draft. What if Faulk gets injured long term and Seattle says "Now you have to pay me to take him"? Thats if they choose to.

Anyways, I can already see how this is going to go so i'm going to stop while I'm ahead. This player will go here, this guy will sign for this, this will happen and this will happen all from your clairvoyant mind. Despite just about every other STL fan on here not feeling so confident about the situation as you apparently do... I mean...... know.
Dec. 19, 2019 at 3:43 p.m.
mokumboi
John Carlson got his contract June 25th after Washington won the cup........ If they wanted to get a deal done, they easily could have, its that easy. The reason teams/players generally want to get the contract done as soon as possible is because of the media attention that comes when a player isn't signed ahead of time.

I just finished saying that getting a team to take one of those 3 players off the team without any cap coming back will be a hard sell. not too mention two of them have NTC's which will make trading them even harder. Also the Expansion draft if im not mistaken is the year afterwards so that doesn't help them this offseason. Plus that is a major risk making a trade for major name player two years before the expansion, paying solid assets for said player, to assume that he'll be taken in the draft. What if Faulk gets injured long term and Seattle says "Now you have to pay me to take him"?

Anyways, I can already see how this is going to go so i'm going to stop while I'm ahead. This player will go here, this guy will sign for this, this will happen and this will happen all from your clairvoyant mind. Despite just about every other STL fan on here not feeling so confident about the situation as you apparently do... I mean...... know.

I can't comment on Carlson, I don't know how his situation unfolded.

I didn't say the expansion draft was next summer, nor did I suggest it had anything to do with re-signing Petro. I also never said it would be simple to move players, but they all have value. None of them is an outright cap dump. Hell, at this rate, Allen will be a sought after bargain come summer.

Heh. Most Blues fans on here agree he'll be back. Stop worrying so much. Army knows what he is doing, that much we both know.
F50marco liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll