Draft Class: 2020
Created By: ColonelX
Published: Dec. 22, 2019 at 11:26 p.m.
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the New York RangersNew York Rangers
  2. Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings
  3. Logo of the Montreal CanadiensMontreal Canadiens
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the New York Rangers-Rangers have good wingers but are missing a true number 1 center, securing the next Getzlaf over Lafreniere is a better move after signing Panarin.
2Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-To be fair if this happen I'm pretty sure Montreal is all over their phones trying to make a deal to the Wings and giving up whatever it takes get an elite LW.
3Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-If they don't trade up Montreal avoid taking another undersized player early and pick Holtz. Can score from anywhere, good IQ and skates very well.
4Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Jersey goes BPA, Raymond will be able to come in and takes the top6 spot when NJ moves on from Simmonds. (Zacha, Hugues, Raymond ... That sounds like a good line to me)
5Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Anyone would make sense in this slot ... There's not really a glaring need in this line up but there's nothing that pop out either. Good two-way center that'll be able to learn the game behind Kopitar.
6Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose Sharks
Yaroslav Askarov
It's high but with what's being said about this kid there doesn't seem to be any glaring weakness in his game at his age so ... Ottawa locks up the future and gives their goalie time to develop before before bringing him in.
7Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Tough choice here between Rossi and Drysdale but looking around there doesn't to be any high end talent prospect down the middle compared to the defense. Ottawa pulls the trigger on an undersized but really intelligent center.
8Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-No need to say anything. Imagine an Lindholm/Drysdale pairing.
9Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-High offensive upside but he's a project.
10Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-Columbus takes a shot on Perfetti, excellent play maker but his skating is not good enough for top 6 in modern day NHL. Project.
11Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-
12Logo of the Minnesota Wild-
13Logo of the Vancouver Canucks-
14Logo of the Nashville Predators-
15Logo of the Calgary Flames-
16Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
17Logo of the Florida Panthers-
18Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
19Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
20Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-
21Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona Coyotes
22Logo of the Dallas Stars-
23Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-
24Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-
25Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-
26Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
27Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
28Logo of the New York Islanders-
29Logo of the Boston Bruins-
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
31Logo of the Washington Capitals-
Dec. 23, 2019 at 11:39 a.m.
Why do you feel Stützle is a project ? I really like his game and think he could slide into that top 5.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 12:01 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
1. NYR has a 70 point scoring #1C in Mika Zibanejad
2. I though Lafreniere was a centre?
3. Lol NJD will probably move on from Simmonds (12 pts in 35 GP)
Dec. 23, 2019 at 3:12 p.m.
Evans truther
Quoting: mnet
Why do you feel Stützle is a project ? I really like his game and think he could slide into that top 5.

He's one great offensive talent but needs to work a little on the other side of the ice, he could very well slip inside the Top5 but I feel he's less complete than the ones above him. Every mock is personal obviously but I prefer picking early guys as complete as they can be and not take too many chances in the top 5 (If I was a GM).

Quoting: MaxDomi13
1. NYR has a 70 point scoring #1C in Mika Zibanejad
2. I though Lafreniere was a centre?
3. Lol NJD will probably move on from Simmonds (12 pts in 35 GP)

1. They do but it's behind him that I'm not that convinced. Strome is having a great season for himself but until he shows that he can be that productive in back to back seasons I'll still have a question mark on him. Chytil seems to be having a great season debut but haven't watched enough on his games to see if he'd be even better on the wing. Byfield is one piece of a man ... He's a quick learner, skilled tower. To my eyes there isn't a chance that he isn't a Getzlaf type of center, he should become a superstar center for a decade.
2. Mainly seen as LW but can play center. To get his full potential the team drafting him should keep him on the side and not do a ''Galchenyuk experiment'' and try to make him a full time center.
3. That's what I've stated, as soon as they move on from Simmonds the spot opens up for a far more skilled player in Raymond. He's versatile to the top, good on both wings, able to kill penalties or be on the PP with his heavy wrist shot, battles hard even if he's not the biggest guy on the ice. I'd pick him third over Holtz but I thought that Montreal may shy away because of his size (Down the wings they aren't the biggest).
zk97 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll