Forums/Armchair-GM

Lafreniere and Caufield could be a match made in heaven

Created by: Blazingbat11
Team: 2020-21 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Nov. 27, 2019
Published: Dec. 23, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
No idea how to make it happen. but it would be sick!
Free Agent Signings
RESERVE LISTYEARSCAP HIT
3$925,000
3$925,000
RFAYEARSCAP HIT
4$6,750,000
2$2,800,000
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Lafreniere, Alexis
3$925,000
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$83,000,000$74,131,308$0$3,795,000$8,868,692

Roster

Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
NMC
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$6,750,000$6,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 2
Lafreniere, Alexis
$925,000$925,000
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 6
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 6
$925,000$925,000
LD
RFA - 2
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$880,833$880,833
G
RFA - 2
$2,800,000$2,800,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
RFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 23, 2019 at 6:59 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
"No idea how to make it happen. but it would be sick!"

Easy! One of my SoCal teams wins the lottery, and you send us Suzuki, Brook, Primeau, your first this June and your first in 2021.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:03 p.m.
We can dream! this should be perfect. but think, in those line up that armia and lekhonen arent 4th trio player. Si if we can trade them and in eventually that armia score 30 goal this year with a 2.6M salary next year and a good player without the puck in lehko, maybe its possib'e to fit a 2nd and take a 1rst to a club who make the playoff 16-31th. Who knows maybe we can have lafreniere and an other caufield wink
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:04 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan

Easy! One of my SoCal teams wins the lottery, and you send us Suzuki, Brook, Primeau, your first this June and your first in 2021.

Lafreniere will be no doubt a superstar but i dont think he will have the same value that a possible starting team haha
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:07 p.m.
Molson beer is meh

for Lafreniere....very tempting

giphy.gif
OldNYIfan liked this.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:14 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Blazingbat11
for Lafreniere....very tempting

giphy.gif

I think this makes a lot of sense. Notice that by my offer you get to keep KK, Poehling, Caufield, Fleury and Romanov (plus all of your first-line veterans including RD Jeff Petry, which is our primary need).
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:17 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Mtlstanleyin2072
Lafreniere will be no doubt a superstar but i dont think he will have the same value that a possible starting team haha

Honestly, Habs haven't had anything close to a franchise player (that's not a goalie) in over 40 years.... when a french one is there for what possibly in value might be a top 6 C (Suzuki), Top 4 D (Brook), starting Goalie (Primeau), and two first's....I'd think about it... Primeau right now would be the hardest to let go imo.
OldNYIfan and ericdufour liked this.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:21 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
I think this makes a lot of sense. Notice that by my offer you get to keep KK, Poehling, Caufield, Fleury and Romanov (plus all of your first-line veterans including RD Jeff Petry, which is our primary need).

For me Primeau would be hard to let go right now. Still need a goalie for the future if you're building around Lafreniere and Caufield. Primeau fits that need perfectly. and it's so hard to find one. everyone else you mentioned is expendable when Lafreniere enters the discussion though, even Suzuki.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:32 p.m.
Honestly, Habs haven't had anything close to a franchise player (that's not a goalie) in over 40 years.... when a french one is there for what possibly in value might be a top 6 C (Suzuki), Top 4 D (Brook), starting Goalie (Primeau), and two first's....I'd think about it... Primeau right now would be the hardest to let go imo.

I 100% agree with you that mtl do not have a franchise player but look edmonton. they have mcdavid ans they are not close to think about a stanley cup. You need a team to win. penguins without fleury malkin and guentzel? washington without holtby bakstrom and carlson? Blues? boston? they all have a complet team. Send futur offensive top 6 def top 4 and good goalie will not bring cup back
math731 liked this.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:32 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
For me Primeau would be hard to let go right now. Still need a goalie for the future if you're building around Lafreniere and Caufield. Primeau fits that need perfectly. and it's so hard to find one. everyone else you mentioned is expendable when Lafreniere enters the discussion though, even Suzuki.

What about taking out Primeau and Brook and substituting Petry?
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:47 p.m.
Le patriote
Lafreniere Danault Gallagher
Domi Kotkaniemi Caufield
Drouin Suzuki Armia
Tatar Poehling Lehkonen

Would help new kids to develop at faster rate!
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:48 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Mtlstanleyin2072
I 100% agree with you that mtl do not have a franchise player but look edmonton. they have mcdavid ans they are not close to think about a stanley cup. You need a team to win. penguins without fleury malkin and guentzel? washington without holtby bakstrom and carlson? Blues? boston? they all have a complet team. Send futur offensive top 6 def top 4 and good goalie will not bring cup back

J'comprend ton point de vue, mais EDM sont plus proche d'une coupe que MTL. Pi meme si Suzuki + Brook + Primeau + des choix seront parti pour Lafreniere, MTL auront quand meme Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Caufield, Romanov, Fleury, etc dans le system pour batir "l'equipe complet" de que tu parle.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:51 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
What about taking out Primeau and Brook and substituting Petry?

100% yes. If Habs are trading for Lafreniere. Trading older assets like Petry over younger guys would be a preference. Doubt it would be realistic though...
habitantlecolon liked this.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:52 p.m.
Le patriote
J'comprend ton point de vue, mais EDM sont plus proche d'une coupe que MTL. Pi meme si Suzuki + Brook + Primeau + des choix seront parti pour Lafreniere, MTL auront quand meme Kotkaniemi, Poehling, Caufield, Romanov, Fleury, etc dans le system pour batir "l'equipe complet" de que tu parle.

autant bien ne pas trader pour Lafrenière et plutôt descendre au classement. https://www.fr.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1550703 avec cet équipe bien que bonne on aura fort de charge. Encore une année d'apprentissage pour ce groupe. Prenons le rang pour gagner le loto et gagnons l'an prochain. Sans sacrifier de jeune.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:54 p.m.
Le patriote
100% yes. If Habs are trading for Lafreniere. Trading older assets like Petry over younger guys would be a preference. Doubt it would be realistic though...

Remember Jordan Staal for 8th overall ...
Dec. 23, 2019 at 7:55 p.m.
Zuke is the goat

Doesn't make any sense to give all that for only one player. Lafrenière is really great, but he won't be a 140pts player, he might become a 90pts player. Suzuki is a 70pts C in the making, that first might be a top 10 pick (or even a top 20 pick would be great in this draft) and Primeau is our futur starting goalie. We need those assets way more than we need one LW (even though he is french, highly skilled and got the great mentality to play here).
Dec. 23, 2019 at 8:00 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: habitantlecolon
autant bien ne pas trader pour Lafrenière et plutôt descendre au classement. https://www.fr.capfriendly.com/armchair-gm/team/1550703 avec cet équipe bien que bonne on aura fort de charge. Encore une année d'apprentissage pour ce groupe. Prenons le rang pour gagner le loto et gagnons l'an prochain. Sans sacrifier de jeune.

Le % pour gagner le premier choix, gros max, c'est 20%. Pi sa c'est si on fini dernier.

Pas de chance aussi que Bergevin et Julien joue pour descendre dans le classement non plus...

Si tu veux Lafreniere... les chances sont haute va faloir echanger pour le pogner.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 8:11 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
Le % pour gagner le premier choix, gros max, c'est 20%. Pi sa c'est si on fini dernier.

Pas de chance aussi que Bergevin et Julien joue pour descendre dans le classement non plus...

Si tu veux Lafreniere... les chances sont haute va faloir echanger pour le pogner.

Je suis d'accord avec le fait qu'un échange serait plus réaliste. Cependant, sacrifier Suzuki et Primeau pour un seul joueur ne fait simplement aucun sens. Marc Bergevin ne ferait jamais une telle chose c'est certain. Un joueur de centre rempli de promesses (70pts par année très envisageable pour lui) en plus du remplaçant de Carey en ajoutant tous les éléments demandés plus haut... Terrible. Un scénario plausible serait une mauvaise fin de saison qui donnerait un choix parmi les 7-8 premiers. Une équipe comme Ottawa (qui a besoin de centre et qui possède déjà des ailiers top line) possède le premier choix et choisi Byfield. Après ça, une équipe genre Minnesota (qui a aussi besoin de centre mais surtout d'assets pour une reconstruction) possède le 2 (Lafrenière). Tu leurs offre Poehling, le choix top 8 (devient Lundell, Rossi ou Stutzle) et 2 autres choix de première ronde dont un serait celui de 2021 et l'autre acquis dans une transaction pour Tatar ou Petry.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 8:13 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: math731
Doesn't make any sense to give all that for only one player. Lafrenière is really great, but he won't be a 140pts player, he might become a 90pts player. Suzuki is a 70pts C in the making, that first might be a top 10 pick (or even a top 20 pick would be great in this draft) and Primeau is our futur starting goalie. We need those assets way more than we need one LW (even though he is french, highly skilled and got the great mentality to play here).

I think that's the wrong way of thinking about it. MTL has assets in place to replace Suzuki in the depth chart, (Kotkaniemi, Poehling). Will they be better than him long term? Maybe, maybe not. One thing is for sure MTL has nothing even close to being at Lafreniere's potential level in their organization.

Even the suggested trade of from @OldNYIfan of Suzuki + Primeau + Brook + 2 1st's doesn't overly impact the Habs future that much. They would still have a plethora of young players / prospects (upfront and on the backend), and have older assets to gain back 1st rd picks over the next 2 years (Tatar, Petry, etc.). The only concern from that trade is Primeau, if Habs could swap him out with someone else, I'd be much more willing to do it. Getting a proper Goalie is easily overlooked and incredibly hard to find.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 8:17 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I think that's the wrong way of thinking about it. MTL has assets in place to replace Suzuki in the depth chart, (Kotkaniemi, Poehling). Will they be better than him long term? Maybe, maybe not. One thing is for sure MTL has nothing even close to being at Lafreniere's potential level in their organization.

Even the suggested trade of from @OldNYIfan of Suzuki + Primeau + Brook + 2 1st's doesn't overly impact the Habs future that much. They would still have a plethora of young players / prospects (upfront and on the backend), and have older assets to gain back 1st rd picks over the next 2 years (Tatar, Petry, etc.). The only concern from that trade is Primeau, if Habs could swap him out with someone else, I'd be much more willing to do it. Getting a proper Goalie is easily overlooked and incredibly hard to find.

Everybody raising Primeau's name has me persuaded that I may be a little over the top. I'm going to post a construction with Ikonen and a fourth instead of Primeau. That may be more realistic for both teams.

When I first saw your Team Title I thought ha, ha, ha. But now that I look into it, it's really growing on me.
Blazingbat11 and math731 liked this.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 8:21 p.m.
Zuke is the goat

Then replace Suzuki with Poehling and a second while adding a first (from a trade involving Tatar for exemple) instead of Primeau.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 8:21 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Everybody raising Primeau's name has me persuaded that I may be a little over the top. I'm going to post a construction with Ikonen and a fourth instead of Primeau. That may be more realistic for both teams.

When I first saw your Team Title I thought ha, ha, ha. But now that I look into it, it's really growing on me.

Ikonen's value has been severely compromised, he's basically been injured ever since being drafted... if you're looking for decent 2nd rd pick value, you're looking at someone like Olofsson or Struble.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 8:22 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Ikonen's value has been severely compromised, he's basically been injured ever since being drafted... if you're looking for decent 2nd rd pick value, you're looking at someone like Olofsson or Struble.

Aaargh, too late, I posted it. I was in a hurry to show how brilliant I am. Just plug one of them into my construction.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 8:27 p.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: math731
Then replace Suzuki with Poehling and a second while adding a first (from a trade involving Tatar for exemple) instead of Primeau.

I'm not sold yet that Poehling is that far away in value to Suzuki. Poehling arguably had just as good a training camp as him, got unlucky with a concussion. Have Poehling play the same minutes as Zukes with his linemates, Poehling's stats get real close to what Suzuki has pulled off. just a matter of opportunity. playing less then 10minutes a game at LW (when you've never played there your entire career) isn't a fair way to properly assess him.
math731 liked this.
Dec. 23, 2019 at 8:29 p.m.
Quoting: habitantlecolon
Lafreniere Danault Gallagher
Domi Kotkaniemi Caufield
Drouin Suzuki Armia
Tatar Poehling Lehkonen

Would help new kids to develop at faster rate!

il faut pas oublier que tatar et domi vont demander des plus gros contrat et a plus long terme avec des close de non echange. il faudrais au moi en echanger un des deux et allez chercher un choix de premiere ronde pour tatar et domi pourrais donner plus mais je prefer avoir un domi dans mln equipe si le plan serais de batir de cette facon avec les jeune
Dec. 23, 2019 at 8:39 p.m.

Oui il son definitivement plus pret que les canadiens, mais il n'y sont pas encore car il n'ont pas de gardien. Dans ma mini reconstruction qui serait, pour moi, ideal on veut garder un weber pour le leadership et la prestance quil peut apporter a nos jeunes. Pour moi il n'y a aucun probleme a avoir son contrat et le faire jouer 17-18 minute avec les power play dans pas tres longtemps car il viellit. tu veux avoir price dans jne situation gagnante comme sa, car un goaler fait une bonne difference en serie MAIS il faut arreter de mettre les oeuf dans le meme panier et dire qui doit garder le filet 68x par annee sa n'arrive plus sa il faut un bon goaler. avec son salaire de 10.5M par annee, la qualiter des jeune present, les contrat seront pas tous de 5.5M pour 6 ans comme drouin donc c'est pas realiste de dire rendu la on prendra un deuxieme goaler a 4.5 pour faire le travail c'est trop dargent dans les filet. avec primeau on peux avoir le luxe de lavoir a petit salaire durant plusieur saison si on joue bien les carte du nombre dannee de contrat et de larbitrage surtout pour un "deuxieme gardien" il est la mon probleme... suzuki, brooks, julsen, 2 premier aucun probleme avec sa pour lafreniere mais je pense qu'il serais plus sage dessayer de monnayer a la date limite un tatar armia ou petry ( esperont qui atteingne le plateau des 30 ) pour les utiliser en joueur de location comme a la pacciorety. si deux choix de premiere ronde peuvent sortir de sa un echange qui pour moi serais moin dommageable a moyen terme serais
suzuki
julsen
brook
1rst 2020
1rst 2020
1rst 2021
1rst 2021

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll