Team: 2019-20 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 23, 2019
Published: Dec. 24, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Trades
TBL
  1. Kreider, Chris
Additional Details:
nyr get a center, tampa get a guy who's deal ends in july. johnson likely would wave to new york, krieder would wave to florida. JBB continuing tampa's tradition of trading with the rangers. money is about the same for this year. rangers get an extra pick to add to their rebuild. johnson has a m-ntc kick in 2021 so it'll be easier to flip him if you wish. I know rangers fans would perfer prospects over a pick. however with the cap going up johnson could seem like a serviceable asset if he thrives. tampa needs to invest in sergachev and cirelli so you have to move on from parts that either run their course with your franchise or are an expendable asset. tampa will have forward depth coming so it seems like an appropriate course of action. Even if kreider is temporary it should work out for both squads down the line.
NYR
  1. Johnson, Tyler
  2. 2021 2nd round pick (TBL)
  3. 2021 7th round pick (NSH)
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$79,456,664$0$1,362,500$2,043,336
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 3
$6,750,000$6,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
UFA - 8
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the New York Rangers
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 6
$900,000$900,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$833,333$833,333
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$147,500$148K)
RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 24, 2019 at 1:53 a.m.
Lord of the Flies
I can't see anyone trading for Johnson unless either a B prospect is in the package or 500K is retained. It's such a long contract and he is too inconsistent.
Dec. 24, 2019 at 2:10 a.m.
Lets go bolts!
I believe there is always a way with the bolts. They'll get it done.
GenXHockey liked this.
Dec. 24, 2019 at 2:14 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Hedman4Norris
I believe there is always a way with the bolts. They'll get it done.

Personally I think the bolts add a 1st (remove the picks you offered) and take lias as well. The only problem I see is that rangers can’t take johnson’s Contract on next year. Other than that I think the trade you proposed is actually a good one for both sides.
Hedman4Norris and AJC13 liked this.
Dec. 24, 2019 at 7:23 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
It's finding at team that will take Johnsson or Palat or Killorn or Gourde, without sending any long term money back to Tampa that is so difficult. Plus you have to find a team that is suitable for these players to waive their NTCs or M NTCs.
Just don't think deal could be done this season. Gotta be figured out next summer when teams have signed their own RFAs and then know how much cap they can take on. There is going to be other teams besides Tampa who will needing to dump cap. Gonna be a buyers market of cap and a few teams will be able to upgrade their teams with some good veterans if only short term and get sweetener too.
I'm really interested in how Tampa solves it's cap situation
Hedman4Norris liked this.
Dec. 24, 2019 at 7:49 a.m.
Lets go bolts!
Quoting: palhal
It's finding at team that will take Johnsson or Palat or Killorn or Gourde, without sending any long term money back to Tampa that is so difficult. Plus you have to find a team that is suitable for these players to waive their NTCs or M NTCs.
Just don't think deal could be done this season. Gotta be figured out next summer when teams have signed their own RFAs and then know how much cap they can take on. There is going to be other teams besides Tampa who will needing to dump cap. Gonna be a buyers market of cap and a few teams will be able to upgrade their teams with some good veterans if only short term and get sweetener too.
I'm really interested in how Tampa solves it's cap situation

They'll solve it with the power of disco! Okay no but actually I'd imagine they'll find the best deals available for the best markets available that can fit these players and their own needs each player is different and they have their own reasons to wave their Ntcs usually the number 1 reason is winning however family is a factor, locker room issues can play a factor. Like I don't expect Palat to request a trade any time soon since he is a new father and would likely want some stability. As much as destinations may be desirable to certain players for winning I never really ignore the human element to it. I wouldn't want Palat or killorn to be traded atm due to recentcy bias, I doubt gourde will have any takers atm due to poor play. Which just leaves Tyler Johnson being the most likely. I see him taking off and being a 25 -30 goal guy on another team when he gets the ice time and he fits with the right chemistry. I think there is atleast a close swap somewhere out there. Who knows Vancouver took Miller and use Him right, maybe they can try going 2/2 I wouldn't put it pass mister Bim Jenning to do something risque. Considering the fact he has a lot of the middle of the road players on long deals. . . What is 1 more to that confusing franchise. *Cross fingers*
Dec. 24, 2019 at 7:57 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
They'll solve it with the power of disco! Okay no but actually I'd imagine they'll find the best deals available for the best markets available that can fit these players and their own needs each player is different and they have their own reasons to wave their Ntcs usually the number 1 reason is winning however family is a factor, locker room issues can play a factor. Like I don't expect Palat to request a trade any time soon since he is a new father and would likely want some stability. As much as destinations may be desirable to certain players for winning I never really ignore the human element to it. I wouldn't want Palat or killorn to be traded atm due to recentcy bias, I doubt gourde will have any takers atm due to poor play. Which just leaves Tyler Johnson being the most likely. I see him taking off and being a 25 -30 goal guy on another team when he gets the ice time and he fits with the right chemistry. I think there is atleast a close swap somewhere out there. Who knows Vancouver took Miller and use Him right, maybe they can try going 2/2 I wouldn't put it pass mister Bim Jenning to do something risque. Considering the fact he has a lot of the middle of the road players on long deals. . . What is 1 more to that confusing franchise. *Cross fingers*

Power of disco?sarcasm . That just might be one of the more logical answers to the cap situation.. Maybe in Tampa it's the power of Salsa. Interesting take on Vancouver. Maybe Tampa gives up a first rounder in the Miller trade....and Canucks get Johnson and Miller for just a second rounder. Benning is such a bad negotiator, I'm sure Tampa just might get something good out of it.
Hedman4Norris liked this.
Dec. 24, 2019 at 8:09 a.m.
Lets go bolts!
I kinda see the lightning trading with the Canucks at the deadline. Perhaps jbb understands that it's not about the place that makes the most sense it's about the guy you are making the deal with (as long as the player is willing to wave the NTC and he is willing to commit to playing the rest of their deal with a new franchise) The Canucks can smell the playoffs I could only imagine they will do something extreme to stay in the hunt and ignore financial responsibilities of the off season. Some GM's worry about inner division trading I personally don't care. So if he gets sent down the street to the Panthers that's fine with me. We got sergachev for Drouin. . .I'm fine with making moves with the neighborhood
Dec. 24, 2019 at 8:51 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
I kinda see the lightning trading with the Canucks at the deadline. Perhaps jbb understands that it's not about the place that makes the most sense it's about the guy you are making the deal with (as long as the player is willing to wave the NTC and he is willing to commit to playing the rest of their deal with a new franchise) The Canucks can smell the playoffs I could only imagine they will do something extreme to stay in the hunt and ignore financial responsibilities of the off season. Some GM's worry about inner division trading I personally don't care. So if he gets sent down the street to the Panthers that's fine with me. We got sergachev for Drouin. . .I'm fine with making moves with the neighborhood

Yea, I never really understood this " you can' t trade in your division" talk. If it makes your team better, so what. And really it's just not division, the playoffs are based upon Conference points also. So you want to shut yourself out of making trading deals with half the league teams?
Dec. 24, 2019 at 8:59 a.m.
Just Keep Swimming
Wait. I thought Johnson was good? What happened? I thought him and Palat were top 6 calibre players
Dec. 24, 2019 at 9:14 a.m.
Lets go bolts!
Quoting: palhal
Yea, I never really understood this " you can' t trade in your division" talk. If it makes your team better, so what. And really it's just not division, the playoffs are based upon Conference points also. So you want to shut yourself out of making trading deals with half the league teams?

It stops creativity and limits options. The NHL needs both of those things.
Dec. 24, 2019 at 9:19 a.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
Personally I think the bolts add a 1st (remove the picks you offered) and take lias as well. The only problem I see is that rangers can’t take johnson’s Contract on next year. Other than that I think the trade you proposed is actually a good one for both sides.

What’s all this talk like the Rangers have no cap space next year. They have more than enough. Around 18m to sign TDA, Georgiev, Lemieux, and Fast. They are not going to have to resign Kreider and Strome. And maybe even Georgiev, Fast, and deangelo. Do some math people!

I don’t think they would want Johnson anyway.
Dec. 24, 2019 at 12:43 p.m.
Lmao you guys.
Tampa needing to add something to ship TyJo away? Are you guys on drugs? The guy scored 29 last season and he's signed to a 5M contract. For how the market is shifting, being able to have a 2C signed for that money for 4 more years is seen as a +. Cost controlled and he still is a decent player.

I still remeber the threads where you all were suggesting that Tampa should have added something for another team to get JT Miller...
Dec. 24, 2019 at 9:26 p.m.
Banned
Get real Tampa isn't dealing Tyler Johnson for a pending UFA in Kreider, Name me one reason why Johnson leaves sunny Tampa for New York? No way Johnson leaves Tampa for the Rangers.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll