SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

2020 WJC Predictions

Who Wins this Year's World Junior Championship?
The chart has been hidden

Poll Options

Dec. 26, 2019 at 11:18 p.m.
Even though Russia was upset in their opening game, I think they're the real deal. If they get above average goaltending they can def. make a run at the gold. Otherwise, I think Canada has to be the favorite. They seem to have the most lethal offense.

On a separate note, after watching Lafreniere for the first time this season, I really hope the Devils trend of getting top picks continues. But now that Taylor Hall is gone...He's not as dynamic as Jack Hughes, but he's got great skill and high hockey IQ.

Also, how is it possible that Flyers prospect Yegor Zamula went undrafted? I realize that Defensemen can take longer to develop, but he's an absolute stud. He's also 6 foot 3 and plays in North America, which makes it even more unbelievable that he was passed over.
Dec. 27, 2019 at 10:02 a.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
Even though Russia was upset in their opening game, I think they're the real deal. If they get above average goaltending they can def. make a run at the gold. Otherwise, I think Canada has to be the favorite. They seem to have the most lethal offense.

On a separate note, after watching Lafreniere for the first time this season, I really hope the Devils trend of getting top picks continues. But now that Taylor Hall is gone...He's not as dynamic as Jack Hughes, but he's got great skill and high hockey IQ.

Also, how is it possible that Flyers prospect Yegor Zamula went undrafted? I realize that Defensemen can take longer to develop, but he's an absolute stud. He's also 6 foot 3 and plays in North America, which makes it even more unbelievable that he was passed over.

reading the scouting reports on zamula say he isnt the best skater, not the fastest guy, gets lost in his own zone, has offensive upside but isnt really a 2 way player. Hes got raw athleticism but he needs to be molded. Also im not sure how far back he started playing hockey. furthest ive seen is u-16 so if he just started hockey professionally/amateurly at 15 or 16 that might be why as well. Gem in the rough though. not a bad dcorp of sanheim, provorov, zamula, myers if the latter 2 can put it all together.

WJC sweden, why? deep team, guys that have a ton of upside, and better goaltending than pretty much everyone in the field.
Brian2016 liked this.
Dec. 27, 2019 at 3:32 p.m.
Black Lives Matter
USA ... such a good team after all the guys drafted in the 1st round this year.
Dec. 28, 2019 at 2:08 a.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

The game against Germany was a trap game. Huge W for USA!!! Imagine Hughes on their team.
Dec. 28, 2019 at 10:14 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
The game against Germany was a trap game. Huge W for USA!!! Imagine Hughes on their team.

That would be crazy
Brian2016 liked this.
Dec. 28, 2019 at 3:00 p.m.
Russia looking dangerous. I will double down on my pick!
Jan. 2, 2020 at 2:07 p.m.
Quoting: rangersandislesfan

bounced in quarterfinals by finland. tough day for the states junior team today. would be canada vs finland and sweden vs russia semis if sweden wins tonight.
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jan. 2, 2020 at 4:07 p.m.
Quoting: hanson493
bounced in quarterfinals by finland. tough day for the states junior team today. would be canada vs finland and sweden vs russia semis if sweden wins tonight.

Despite not having the same number of high end players, the Fins always play a team game. Fins reminded me of NYI today. Great teamwork and D, solid goaltending, and great coaching. The discrepancy of talent between the US and Fins is ridiculous. Obviously, it looks like a major upset, but is it really?
Jan. 2, 2020 at 4:11 p.m.
Despite not having the same number of high end players, the Fins always play a team game. Fins reminded me of NYI today. Great teamwork and D, solid goaltending, and great coaching. The discrepancy of talent between the US and Fins is ridiculous. Obviously, it looks like a major upset, but is it really?

usa d corp is trash, heavily outcoached.
Brian2016 liked this.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 5:58 a.m.
Canada was a deserving winner, but the Russians had a great run. I thought Russia would pull it out, especially after seeing them outplay Canada for 5 straight periods. USA was highly overrated. How do they get shutout against the same Finland team that allowed 5G to CAN the next day? Terrible game plan, terrible coaching. Better luck next year.
Jan. 7, 2020 at 9:05 a.m.
torontos finest
i think canada will win

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Loading animation
Submit Poll Edit