C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$833,333$833,333
C
UFA - 1
$728,333$728,333 (Performance Bonus$182,500$182K)
C, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 6
$1,750,000$1,750,000
RD
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,500,000$3,500,000
G
UFA - 1
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 7
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 2
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 2
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 1
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$697,500$697,500 (Performance Bonus$147,500$148K)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 28, 2019 at 7:06 a.m.
Just imagine this lol. Trading better players away just because JBB was stupid.
Dec. 28, 2019 at 7:09 a.m.
Lets go bolts!
Don't put this into the world. I have enough emotional problems and trust issues.
Dec. 28, 2019 at 8:41 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
Armageddon .. Tampa will turn to Panthers real quick ..
Dec. 28, 2019 at 8:43 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
Quoting: matulix
Just imagine this lol. Trading better players away just because JBB was stupid.

IDIOT intern GM already traded JT Miller because of Gourde .. why not another? .. Miller would be our LEADING scorer as he killing it in Vancouver
Dec. 28, 2019 at 10:02 a.m.
GO BOLTS
My guess is that Gourde, Tyler and Sergachev all get traded. Serg is an asset but you cant pay him next year and have him remain third pairing. He is a LD (RD experiment is over) and he will not replace McDonah or Hedman. Gourde and Tyler are now both bottom six forwards and with 5 million dollar contracts they have to go. Both will cost retained salary and assets as well to move.
GMs liked this.
Dec. 28, 2019 at 10:05 a.m.
Quoting: jasalex
My guess is that Gourde, Tyler and Sergachev all get traded. Serg is an asset but you cant pay him next year and have him remain third pairing. He is a LD (RD experiment is over) and he will not replace McDonah or Hedman. Gourde and Tyler are now both bottom six forwards and with 5 million dollar contracts they have to go. Both will cost retained salary and assets as well to move.

Send Sergachev back to MTL smile
GMs and jasalex liked this.
Dec. 28, 2019 at 11:18 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
Cant believe I am saying this but Sergachev needs to stay.. he improving this year and Hedmen/McDonough over 10 year vets now.. I think Tampa has to bite the bullet and as you say above.. dump Gourde and TJ at any cost .. if got nothing for them other than to remove contracts it probably worth it .. with that 11M Cap saved .. could sign Serg Cirelli and Cernek to 3 year RFA deals
Dec. 28, 2019 at 11:31 a.m.
Unfortunately neither Gourde nor Johnson are going anywhere unless they want to leave Tampa. I can't really see that happening, so both are likely to be on the opening day roster next year. Killorn is having a great year which will make trading him easier and perhaps net a better than expected return. Not saying that I would want to see him leave over TJ or Gourde, but he is the only one the Lightning have some control over trading and unless Tampa wants to lose one of Serg, Cirelli or Cernak(which long term would be a far greater blunder), then it is likely to happen.
Dec. 28, 2019 at 11:38 a.m.
Oh and while trading Miller over Gourde was clearly a mistake by JBB, both because Miller is younger and more productive, and bc of the system change Tampa is implementing, one can't say he would be our "leading scorer" as he his usage in Vancouver is far different than in Tampa. This is likely the main reason he was moved, because of the gum chewing dolt refusing to maximize his playing time here. I doubt that would've changed this year either, so Miller likely would've ended up on the 3rd or 4th line again.
Dec. 28, 2019 at 11:52 a.m.
Quoting: BOLTLOVER1
Cant believe I am saying this but Sergachev needs to stay.. he improving this year and Hedmen/McDonough over 10 year vets now.. I think Tampa has to bite the bullet and as you say above.. dump Gourde and TJ at any cost .. if got nothing for them other than to remove contracts it probably worth it .. with that 11M Cap saved .. could sign Serg Cirelli and Cernek to 3 year RFA deals

Finally seeing you are changing your opinion on Sergy. He's been great this season, he really took a big step forward. Defensive awareness much improved, plays a lot more physical too.
Dec. 28, 2019 at 11:56 a.m.
Quoting: jasalex

Sergachev won't get traded. He's developing into an amazing #2 Dman, why in the hell would you trade him away? Sergy is the future, in 2 years he'll be hands down far better than McDonagh. (which I wouldn't be surprised if is exposed at the expansion draft).
I really don't get how you could see trading Sergachev away as beneficial to the team, short term and long term. Elite offensive Dmen are very rare, and Sergy can play on the right too if needed. He's also becoming absolutely solid in the Dzone.
Offseason priorities are Cirelli and Sergy, Cernak is not having a splendid season like last season thus he'll be cost controlled.
Joseph has to be used as tradebait at the deadline before other GMs realize he's all speed and not much else.
Dec. 28, 2019 at 1:37 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
Quoting: Zwui21
Finally seeing you are changing your opinion on Sergy. He's been great this season, he really took a big step forward. Defensive awareness much improved, plays a lot more physical too.

Sergachev "great" this year? .. wouldn't go that far but I tell it like it is and he much improved .. my huge issue has always been own zone errors .. was atrocious and why he stays at 3rd pairing I still think he 3rd pair for this year as he needs to add strength and power .. for his size he should play "bigger" and more physical .. 10 lbs of muscle and core training would do wonders for him .. but given McDonough situation .. no more "A" .. he maybe Seattle exposed particulalry if we get rid of Gourde and TJ
Dec. 28, 2019 at 3:42 p.m.
GO BOLTS
Sergachev won't get traded. He's developing into an amazing #2 Dman, why in the hell would you trade him away? Sergy is the future, in 2 years he'll be hands down far better than McDonagh. (which I wouldn't be surprised if is exposed at the expansion draft).

Do the math and explain how they keep Cirelli and serg and stay under the cap?
I really don't get how you could see trading Sergachev away as beneficial to the team, short term and long term. Elite offensive Dmen are very rare, and Sergy can play on the right too if needed. He's also becoming absolutely solid in the Dzone.
Offseason priorities are Cirelli and Sergy, Cernak is not having a splendid season like last season thus he'll be cost controlled.
Joseph has to be used as tradebait at the deadline before other GMs realize he's all speed and not much else.

Dec. 28, 2019 at 7:00 p.m.
Serg has made a huge step forward defensively this year. He's much more confident and is using his size a bit more. And remember guys, he is still the youngest player on our team.
Dec. 29, 2019 at 4:52 p.m.
Edited Dec. 29, 2019 at 5:01 p.m.
Perhaps this opinion is unpopular, but I still like the Miller trade. Gourde fits into Tampa’s system well. Maybe he’s not as good as we would hope given the contract, but he would be even worse somewhere else. J.T. Miller is the opposite. He was comparable to Gourde here. The change in role and scenery worked wonders for him. If we had traded Gourde instead, we wouldn’t have gotten as good a return and we would still have a player whose production probably doesn’t explode and who instead stays around where Gourde is in that respect. Maybe he adds a little bit of size, defense, and a physical edge, but he probably wouldn’t be as good as Gourde at really being the missing piece on a line without elite talent (Maroon and Paquette). I’m not arguing that the overall value right now is comparable, but I think because of the way Miller would have been used in Tampa, we would gain very little from Miller over Gourde and it would be canceled out by the lesser return.

On the other hand, Killorn really seems to have found his game this year and losing him because of these clauses would suck. I’m probably Gourde’s biggest defender here but this scenario is unarguably a nightmare for us.
Dec. 30, 2019 at 10:43 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Dec. 30, 2019 at 10:52 p.m.
Quoting: I_Know_Nothing_About_Hockey_Or_Any_Sport2
Perhaps this opinion is unpopular, but I still like the Miller trade. Gourde fits into Tampa’s system well. Maybe he’s not as good as we would hope given the contract, but he would be even worse somewhere else. J.T. Miller is the opposite. He was comparable to Gourde here. The change in role and scenery worked wonders for him. If we had traded Gourde instead, we wouldn’t have gotten as good a return and we would still have a player whose production probably doesn’t explode and who instead stays around where Gourde is in that respect. Maybe he adds a little bit of size, defense, and a physical edge, but he probably wouldn’t be as good as Gourde at really being the missing piece on a line without elite talent (Maroon and Paquette). I’m not arguing that the overall value right now is comparable, but I think because of the way Miller would have been used in Tampa, we would gain very little from Miller over Gourde and it would be canceled out by the lesser return.

On the other hand, Killorn really seems to have found his game this year and losing him because of these clauses would suck. I’m probably Gourde’s biggest defender here but this scenario is unarguably a nightmare for us.

WHO doesn't like the Miller trade? Show me 1 person! That's just insane... Miller was ghosting here...
(if New York Rangers thought he is not good enough, we all know why, Vancouver Canucks will soon know also...)

He plays with Petterson- potential future top20 in NHL + Boeser already established top 100 player in NHL... ofc he makes some points... i wonder why they don't play him on 3rd line...

He is a good replacement player besides superstars, like play him with Kucherov+Point , he would be okay, but to pay for that 5 mill = not good enough...
Play him on 3-4th line = worth 2.5 million $ caphit... he just can't drive the line... and that's what matters on long run.... remember short term he was good here as well.... in points.... but i never reaally liked him after that short streak... if somebody thinks he was a good fit in tampa... he has no idea...for lower caphit he would have been yes... but look at vancouver results... are they cup contenders???... worth to trade away future for miller? just a bad gm... watch the tampa's camp reaction to JT miller trade at draft... that was crazy...

If u play max minutes on pp... points will come easy for every player if pp = over 20%...
pp time + points = overvalued... and btw we might get top 10 pick out of that so that top 10 pick = can be better than JT miller easy... it can't be ever bad for us... except if we chose the max risk - lowest reward player on that draft- > but we might trade away that pick for a better player as well...

All in all: that trade + PointerZ contract = best moment of the offseason

PS: JT MILLER Playoffs performance: 61 matches - 3 !goals! I wonder why not 61 matches - 12 goals or 15... or 10...

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll