SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Armchair-GM

Bruins 2RW

Team: 2019-20 Custom Team
Initial Creation Date: Dec. 24, 2019
Published: Dec. 30, 2019
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Lots of names thrown around. Are any of these the one?
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
14$81,500,000$41,722,305$0$212,500$39,777,695
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 4
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the New Jersey Devils
$2,325,000$2,325,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
Logo of the Florida Panthers
$5,187,500$5,187,500
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,463,139$2,463,139
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$4,625,000$4,625,000
LW
M-NTC
UFA - 1
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$1,550,000$1,550,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$1,900,000$1,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$2,550,000$2,550,000
C
UFA - 2
Logo of the Anaheim Ducks
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW
UFA - 2
Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets
$1,850,000$1,850,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Vancouver Canucks
$1,250,000$1,250,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Arizona Coyotes
$821,666$821,666 (Performance Bonus$212,500$212K)
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Dec. 30, 2019 at 11:00 p.m.
Xx_Zegras46_xX
Kase maybe. Rakell no.
Dec. 30, 2019 at 11:02 p.m.
Banned
Before anybody makes a silly comment, I'll save you the trouble... Kreider CAN play RW.

Btw about half of these players are bottom 6 forwards. Bs need a top 6 RW. I think Toffoli or Palmieri makes the most sense.
Dan10900 liked this.
Dec. 30, 2019 at 11:02 p.m.
Zucker-gonna cost a lot, but would be good
MoJo-no
Palms-see Zucker
Hoffman-maybe, doubtful to BOS bc he's in FLA
Raks-no
Toffoli-would be a great pickup imo
Kreider-will cost too much imo, but won't be bad
Larsson-is he an upgrade....
Kase-no
Hartman/Bennett-see Larsson
Anderson-maybe, he's a weird one this year
Virtanen-idfk lol, probably see Larsson
Dec. 30, 2019 at 11:21 p.m.
Quoting: Bf3351
Before anybody makes a silly comment, I'll save you the trouble... Kreider CAN play RW.

Btw about half of these players are bottom 6 forwards. Bs need a top 6 RW. I think Toffoli or Palmieri makes the most sense.

Kreider checks a lot of boxes, I just think the Bruins really want a right shot winger.

Agreed that some of these players are in the bottom six currently but all it may take is the change in scenery and playing with Krejci.
Dec. 30, 2019 at 11:23 p.m.
Quoting: MDA_47
Kase maybe. Rakell no.

Don't get to see many ducks games. Is Kase have it to play top six? Just seems like he's hurt often so it's hard to get a read.

I take it Rakell isn't available then.
Dec. 30, 2019 at 11:29 p.m.
Quoting: AFOX10900
Zucker-gonna cost a lot, but would be good
MoJo-no
Palms-see Zucker
Hoffman-maybe, doubtful to BOS bc he's in FLA
Raks-no
Toffoli-would be a great pickup imo
Kreider-will cost too much imo, but won't be bad
Larsson-is he an upgrade....
Kase-no
Hartman/Bennett-see Larsson
Anderson-maybe, he's a weird one this year
Virtanen-idfk lol, probably see Larsson

Fair assessment for most. I'm leaning towards the bigger right shot players as a better fit. Will probably just come down to how much the Bruins are willing to part with. Salary retention will be needed for Zucker or MoJo.
Dan10900 liked this.
Dec. 30, 2019 at 11:29 p.m.
Quoting: keepcalmandbergeron
Fair assessment for most. I'm leaning towards the bigger right shot players as a better fit. Will probably just come down to how much the Bruins are willing to part with. Salary retention will be needed for Zucker or MoJo.

Just giving you props for your name ?
Dec. 30, 2019 at 11:30 p.m.
Anybody have a informed assessment of Hartman?
Dec. 31, 2019 at 12:07 a.m.
Palmieri or Toffoli should be the only targets out of all of these. Rakell, but he’s not available. The rest...no. A couple of LWs, don’t need, and a pile of 3rd and 4th liners. Got that covered.
I_Am_Atem liked this.
Dec. 31, 2019 at 12:41 a.m.
Quoting: Gofnut999
Palmieri or Toffoli should be the only targets out of all of these. Rakell, but he’s not available. The rest...no. A couple of LWs, don’t need, and a pile of 3rd and 4th liners. Got that covered.

So I assume you are of the opinion there will never be another Mike Knuble?
Dec. 31, 2019 at 1:10 a.m.
So I assume you are of the opinion there will never be another Mike Knuble?

You willing to bet the season on it? Trying to catch lightning in a bottle. Which one? Knuble was an in house option that was thrown into a significant role. Throw him on the wall see if he sticks. If it did not work they’d try someone else or trade for someone. It did. Brett Ritchie? Karson Kuhlman? They didn’t.

Thanks but i’ll pass. If i’m trading for someone mid-season I’ll take the established guy. You play the lottery. We’ll see who turns out better.
I_Am_Atem liked this.
Dec. 31, 2019 at 7:46 a.m.
You willing to bet the season on it? Trying to catch lightning in a bottle. Which one? Knuble was an in house option that was thrown into a significant role. Throw him on the wall see if he sticks. If it did not work they’d try someone else or trade for someone. It did. Brett Ritchie? Karson Kuhlman? They didn’t.

Thanks but i’ll pass. If i’m trading for someone mid-season I’ll take the established guy. You play the lottery. We’ll see who turns out better.

First off I didn't say which player I preferred outside of a right shot, so please refrain from putting words in my mouth. Now you have changed the tone of the entire thread. I'll continue in the interest of conversation.

I think you are wrong in the assumption that a player like Palmieri is automatically a much better option then say Bennett for a Bruins playoff run. What many people don't realize is that Palmieri gets almost half his points on the PP. He's not getting PP time in any significant amount in Boston let alone he might not even be available. Who here prognosticaticated MoJo last year? He worked out well, didn't cost a lot to acquire and wasn't lighting the world on fire before he got to Boston.

Even strength scoring, ideally a cheaper right shot Brandon Saad that won't break the bank. That's what I want. Signed for two years max. I created this thread to try start a conversation and find players that I'm not familiar with that could be options. Not for posters to say there are only two guys that will work.

Edit: Yes that last line is hyperbole. Cheers.
Dec. 31, 2019 at 11:21 a.m.
Edited Dec. 31, 2019 at 1:21 p.m.
First off I didn't say which player I preferred outside of a right shot, so please refrain from putting words in my mouth. Now you have changed the tone of the entire thread. I'll continue in the interest of conversation.

I think you are wrong in the assumption that a player like Palmieri is automatically a much better option then say Bennett for a Bruins playoff run. What many people don't realize is that Palmieri gets almost half his points on the PP. He's not getting PP time in any significant amount in Boston let alone he might not even be available. Who here prognosticaticated MoJo last year? He worked out well, didn't cost a lot to acquire and wasn't lighting the world on fire before he got to Boston.

Even strength scoring, ideally a cheaper right shot Brandon Saad that won't break the bank. That's what I want. Signed for two years max. I created this thread to try start a conversation and find players that I'm not familiar with that could be options. Not for posters to say there are only two guys that will work.

Edit: Yes that last line is hyperbole. Cheers.

Was not putting words in your mouth.

So you want right shot and cheap. You just eliminated 80% of the list. Nucks would not move Virtanen when he stunk. Now that he is showing signs of life i doubt they’d move him. That leaves Fischer and Anderson. Neither team has any reason to move them other than they have been disappointments. Fischer would be cheap. He’s also been terrible. Anderson, who knows. He’s the one that best fits the bill of what you are looking for. Maybe switching teams would revitalize him. But outside of last year he was never really that good either. More of a 3rd liner. He could thrive on Boston’s 2nd line. Or he could ? the bed and be just another on the list of failed RW2 over the last 4 years. I’d feel better if he was being acquired for the 3rd line.

Toffoli was the guy i wanted last year (well Eric Staal was, TT was 2nd choice) along with Coyle, still want him. I think he would do well on 2nd line. Was more attractive with term then as a rental. Cap space is a huge problem though. If LA is retaining and/or taking salary back to make it work it will push the price up further.

A few more options might pop up as teams fall out of the race. But this year is a lot thinner than last years market.

The other route is get a 3rd center and move Coyle to RW2. Probably where he will be next year with Studnicka taking 3C. That is another option, in house. But i think a 3rd line of Stud centering Heinen and Bjork would get eaten up in the playoffs.

They need some beef, or at least someone to drop the gloves and protect the lineup as well as a RW2.
I_Am_Atem liked this.
Dec. 31, 2019 at 12:29 p.m.
Xx_Zegras46_xX
Don't get to see many ducks games. Is Kase have it to play top six? Just seems like he's hurt often so it's hard to get a read.

I take it Rakell isn't available then.

Kase puts in a lot of effort and always place his best game. Rakell is for sale but for a high price.
Jan. 1, 2020 at 9:34 a.m.
Was not putting words in your mouth.

So you want right shot and cheap. You just eliminated 80% of the list. Nucks would not move Virtanen when he stunk. Now that he is showing signs of life i doubt they’d move him. That leaves Fischer and Anderson. Neither team has any reason to move them other than they have been disappointments. Fischer would be cheap. He’s also been terrible. Anderson, who knows. He’s the one that best fits the bill of what you are looking for. Maybe switching teams would revitalize him. But outside of last year he was never really that good either. More of a 3rd liner. He could thrive on Boston’s 2nd line. Or he could ? the bed and be just another on the list of failed RW2 over the last 4 years. I’d feel better if he was being acquired for the 3rd line.

Toffoli was the guy i wanted last year (well Eric Staal was, TT was 2nd choice) along with Coyle, still want him. I think he would do well on 2nd line. Was more attractive with term then as a rental. Cap space is a huge problem though. If LA is retaining and/or taking salary back to make it work it will push the price up further.

A few more options might pop up as teams fall out of the race. But this year is a lot thinner than last years market.

The other route is get a 3rd center and move Coyle to RW2. Probably where he will be next year with Studnicka taking 3C. That is another option, in house. But i think a 3rd line of Stud centering Heinen and Bjork would get eaten up in the playoffs.

They need some beef, or at least someone to drop the gloves and protect the lineup as well as a RW2.

I see it much the way you are here. TT seems like the best fit that is probably available, maybe Kase, not sure about Kovalchuk. Unfortunately we don't get any inside info and I have doubts that guys like Virtanen, Anderson, Rakell are even realistically available. My first choice is Anderson.

Agreed that a 3c may be the best option. Who that is I haven't a clue, Sweeney plays his cards tight. The best option might be in house with Stud and Senyshen.

To clarify what my thought of cheap would be a 2nd, 4th and someone like Heinen, Cehlarik or Zboril. Salary needs to be sub $4.5-2.5 for 1-2 years.
Jan. 1, 2020 at 9:48 a.m.
Edited Jan. 1, 2020 at 10:07 a.m.
I see it much the way you are here. TT seems like the best fit that is probably available, maybe Kase, not sure about Kovalchuk. Unfortunately we don't get any inside info and I have doubts that guys like Virtanen, Anderson, Rakell are even realistically available. My first choice is Anderson.

Agreed that a 3c may be the best option. Who that is I haven't a clue, Sweeney plays his cards tight. The best option might be in house with Stud and Senyshen.

To clarify what my thought of cheap would be a 2nd, 4th and someone like Heinen, Cehlarik or Zboril. Salary needs to be sub $4.5-2.5 for 1-2 years.

I would really love to know what Backes 8 team list is and who he might waive for. That would be a game changer. I made one the other day with Backes, JfK, Zboril, Shen, 3rd going to Jax for Anderson and Riley Nash. Jax actually saves cap next year and acquire 4 long term assets for a struggling player and a guy they’d love to dump. But he is not waiving for them.

If that were to go thru i’d offer Ducks 1st/Heinen/Axel Anderson for Rakell. If they took it great, if not there would be plenty of other options.

However In my above scenario my second move was Heinen, Cehlarik, Ritchie to Calgary for Bennet and Rinaldo.

Bjork moved to 2RW. Nice heavy 3rd line of Bennet-Coyle-Anderson and Rinaldo, gives them a guy to protect the lineup.

Does not solve the RW2 issue, but they are in better shape cap wise and beefier for playoffs.
I_Am_Atem liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll