SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

Brock Nelson Appreciation Post

Jan. 1, 2020 at 7:15 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Brock is a beast, there's no other way to put it. Brocktober has become a thing every month. He can be used in ANY situation and he does it well, whether it's even strength, the PP, the PK or even OT. He's super reliable defensively (he's bought into the Trotz system very well), his wrist shot is increadible, and he's been using it, he has underrated hands and passing ability, and he is a decent enough skater (not the best). I know for the last man in ballot for the all star game I'm putting his name down 10 times a day and if your an isles fan or don't know who to choose from the metro, I suggest Brock Nelson. A guy who used to be a scapegoat amongst Isles fans (before Trotz) has become a fan favorite. His contract isn't bad, and honestly it's a steal if anything. 6 mil AAV for 6 years for a guy who's on pace for around 30 goals and 65 points and helpful in the defensive zone. He has really developed his game under Trotz and now he is one of my favorite players. He's great, and I want the hockey world to recognize that.
Jan. 1, 2020 at 8:10 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
There's an Islanders thread for a reason
wojme liked this.
Jan. 1, 2020 at 9:17 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: krakowitz
There's an Islanders thread for a reason

Sorry to inconvenience you with this thread
Jan. 2, 2020 at 2:37 a.m.
Black Lives Matter
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Brock is a beast, there's no other way to put it. Brocktober has become a thing every month. He can be used in ANY situation and he does it well, whether it's even strength, the PP, the PK or even OT. He's super reliable defensively (he's bought into the Trotz system very well), his wrist shot is increadible, and he's been using it, he has underrated hands and passing ability, and he is a decent enough skater (not the best). I know for the last man in ballot for the all star game I'm putting his name down 10 times a day and if your an isles fan or don't know who to choose from the metro, I suggest Brock Nelson. A guy who used to be a scapegoat amongst Isles fans (before Trotz) has become a fan favorite. His contract isn't bad, and honestly it's a steal if anything. 6 mil AAV for 6 years for a guy who's on pace for around 30 goals and 65 points and helpful in the defensive zone. He has really developed his game under Trotz and now he is one of my favorite players. He's great, and I want the hockey world to recognize that.

You may be overrating him just a little bit, but i agree with almost everything you said. Great offensively and defensively ... great two-way player finally having another breakout year ... last year seemed like his breakout year (which i'd been waiting for for a while), but this year is another breakout year for him.
Jan. 2, 2020 at 9:26 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: rangersandislesfan
You may be overrating him just a little bit, but i agree with almost everything you said. Great offensively and defensively ... great two-way player finally having another breakout year ... last year seemed like his breakout year (which i'd been waiting for for a while), but this year is another breakout year for him.

maybe a bit, but i love his game. He's the ideal 2nd line center
rangersandislesfan liked this.
Jan. 2, 2020 at 3:27 p.m.
Below Market Value
Who?
Jan. 2, 2020 at 3:29 p.m.
Quoting: DoctorBreakfast
Who?

Overpaid scrub getting paid 6x more than Barzal
Jan. 2, 2020 at 3:36 p.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Quoting: Pointerr21