$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Edmonton Oilers
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LW, C
UFA - 2
$894,166$894,166 (Performance Bonus$230,000$230K)
RW
RFA - 2
$1,150,000$1,150,000
C
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$637,500$638K)
C
UFA - 1
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,167,000$4,167,000
LD
UFA - 4
$4,166,666$4,166,666
RD
UFA - 2
$4,500,000$4,500,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$3,200,000$3,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD/RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$2,000,000$2,000,000 (Performance Bonus$1,750,000$2M)
G
NTC
UFA - 1
$741,666$741,666
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$1,900,000$1,900,000
RD
UFA - 1
$720,000$720,000 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$870,000$870,000
RD
UFA - 1
$720,000$720,000 (Performance Bonus$20,000$20K)
RD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 3, 2020 at 8:18 p.m.
Why would Edmonton do this trade?

Really don't see either team wanting to make this trade.
Jan. 3, 2020 at 8:22 p.m.
tomato
All i see Edmonton getting is 5 unknowns. Kotkaniemi is already not living up to his draft position. Not his fault that Montreal decided to go for a centre at 3rd instead of taking the best player regardless of position, and he still has time to turn it around since hes just 19.

While this is an impressive group or prospects and picks Edmonton should be looking at getting at least 1 bonafide good young NHL player.
oneX and mhockey91 liked this.
Jan. 3, 2020 at 9:05 p.m.
Quoting: tomato43
All i see Edmonton getting is 5 unknowns. Kotkaniemi is already not living up to his draft position. Not his fault that Montreal decided to go for a centre at 3rd instead of taking the best player regardless of position, and he still has time to turn it around since hes just 19.

While this is an impressive group or prospects and picks Edmonton should be looking at getting at least 1 bonafide good young NHL player.

Just spit-balling - what if MTL added Drouin and EDM added Puljujarvi?
Jan. 3, 2020 at 9:15 p.m.

Exactly. A whole lot of unknowns for the best player in the NHL. No thanks for Edmonton. Even if Mcdavid demanded a trade (which he won’t), they’d get a better offer than this
Jan. 3, 2020 at 9:23 p.m.
Banned

What expectations where in for kotkaniemi explain us that dumb comment. First he wasn’t supposed to make the team last year and did have a nice season. This year have been thought but he pick up is game lately. So yes he have certainly have live up to expectations. Was he supposed to win the hart trophy in is first season or break gretzky record in is second one. I am tired of moron who can seem to understand that most of the players drafted the same year aren’t playing yet in nhl. So maybe he hasn’t live up to your expectations but In reality is doing fine.
Jan. 3, 2020 at 10:00 p.m.
tomato
Quoting: Sebybbq
What expectations where in for kotkaniemi explain us that dumb comment. First he wasn’t supposed to make the team last year and did have a nice season. This year have been thought but he pick up is game lately. So yes he have certainly have live up to expectations. Was he supposed to win the hart trophy in is first season or break gretzky record in is second one. I am tired of moron who can seem to understand that most of the players drafted the same year aren’t playing yet in nhl. So maybe he hasn’t live up to your expectations but In reality is doing fine.

The expectations of a top 3 pick are very high. He has not lived up to them yet. I said he has time still. He was ranked lower and the Canadiens selected him because they wanted to take a center. They should have just taken the best player available instead of drafting for position. He is having a very disappointing season so far for a top 3 selection.
Jan. 3, 2020 at 10:12 p.m.
Banned
The expectations of a top 3 pick are very high. He has not lived up to them yet. I said he has time still. He was ranked lower and the Canadiens selected him because they wanted to take a center. They should have just taken the best player available instead of drafting for position. He is having a very disappointing season so far for a top 3 selection.

So jack hugues kappo kaklo and kirby dach are all bust
Jan. 3, 2020 at 10:21 p.m.
Banned

And miro heiskanen haven’t live up to the expectations since he didn’t play at 18 year old for dallas. And cale makar was a total garbage since he took 2 years in ncaa before coming to the nhl. Pier luc dubois was bust to since he didn’t play at 18. And jonathan toews and dylan strome. They all didn’t leave to the expectations
Jan. 3, 2020 at 11:20 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
And miro heiskanen haven’t live up to the expectations since he didn’t play at 18 year old for dallas. And cale makar was a total garbage since he took 2 years in ncaa before coming to the nhl. Pier luc dubois was bust to since he didn’t play at 18. And jonathan toews and dylan strome. They all didn’t leave to the expectations

You have a point, we have no idea how good Kotkaniemi will be... and that's his point. So he is also right. No reason to be mad about a simple conversation...
We expected him to be over 50 points this season to see progression. So we are disappointed...
In my eyes he is #2 center potential and not #1 like Eichel,Matthews,Stamkos,Crosby etc... I just can't see Kotkaniemi hitting 100 points... you need to be really good to reach that potential... Montreal was desperate, but it's a high risk pick for sure - with medium reward possibilities.

In my eyes he is like Larkin. Not a true #1. If you want to win cups... you probably want the "real deal player" like Lafreniere will be... And probably Byfield/Jack Hughes as well...
I had Kotkaniemi outside my top10 in my early 2018 mock draft... in couple years we will be smarter about that draft.... but for now it looks like a mediocre pick...(can be good - but looks like the jackpot possiblity is gone). Like what tampa did with the Kucherov pick = jackpot. You really need to hit those jackpot guys, otherwise the Crosbies and the Ovechkins eats you for breakfast on the long run.

Montreal Canadiens should tank and try to go for #1 overall this year, whatever it takes... trade up if possible... or win the lottery...
Lafreniere is the real deal, like McDavid... Kotkaniemi is not... But time will tell! For sure he will have 60-70 point seasons... but can he have 80-90-100? We'll see...

I have just seen yesterday the Vancouver - Chicago game... Maybe game of the year...jesus christ what a show... applaud Kane is still a beast... nod and Petterson is a jackpot for Vancouver...
Jan. 3, 2020 at 11:33 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: F3ruS
You have a point, we have no idea how good Kotkaniemi will be... and that's his point. So he is also right. No reason to be mad about a simple conversation...
We expected him to be over 50 points this season to see progression. So we are disappointed...
In my eyes he is #2 center potential and not #1 like Eichel,Matthews,Stamkos,Crosby etc... I just can't see Kotkaniemi hitting 100 points... you need to be really good to reach that potential... Montreal was desperate, but it's a high risk pick for sure - with medium reward possibilities.

In my eyes he is like Larkin. Not a true #1. If you want to win cups... you probably want the "real deal player" like Lafreniere will be... And probably Byfield/Jack Hughes as well...
I had Kotkaniemi outside my top10 in my early 2018 mock draft... in couple years we will be smarter about that draft.... but for now it looks like a mediocre pick...(can be good - but looks like the jackpot possiblity is gone). Like what tampa did with the Kucherov pick = jackpot. You really need to hit those jackpot guys, otherwise the Crosbies and the Ovechkins eats you for breakfast on the long run.

Montreal Canadiens should tank and try to go for #1 overall this year, whatever it takes... trade up if possible... or win the lottery...
Lafreniere is the real deal, like McDavid... Kotkaniemi is not... But time will tell! For sure he will have 60-70 point seasons... but can he have 80-90-100? We'll see...

I have just seen yesterday the Vancouver - Chicago game... Maybe game of the year...jesus christ what a show... applaud Kane is still a beast... nod and Petterson is a jackpot for Vancouver...

The point was not that kotkaniemi is the next big rising star in the nhl, it’s that for a 19 years old kid is doing just fine. The expectations are not a thing you evaluate in the first three season except if you draft a players like crosby or ovechkin or mcdavid. For other players it take time. Nico hischier is a perfect example. I mean canadian never selected kotkaniemi to be macdavid or crosby they selected him because he will be a good players. Alexander barkov took 3 season before having a true impact. So he wasn’t living to expectations because he was selected 2 overall. That bullshat
Jan. 3, 2020 at 11:37 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Jan. 3, 2020 at 11:44 p.m.
The point was not that kotkaniemi is the next big rising star in the nhl, it’s that for a 19 years old kid is doing just fine. The expectations are not a thing you evaluate in the first three season except if you draft a players like crosby or ovechkin or mcdavid. For other players it take time. Nico hischier is a perfect example. I mean canadian never selected kotkaniemi to be macdavid or crosby they selected him because he will be a good players. Alexander barkov took 3 season before having a true impact. So he wasn’t living to expectations because he was selected 2 overall. That bullshat

I think Hischier is same category as Kotkaniemi = good analogy... applaud
You can clearly see by New Jersey Devils results over the last few years and by Hall is mad at managament -> then traded: they are doing something wrong...

Finnish league:
Barkov:53 games - 48 points
Kotkaniemi:57 games - 29 points ---> not good

The difference is Elite vs Non-Elite --> he will never reach Barkov's level = you can bet money on it... Barkov is special DEFENSIVELY - that's hard for KK to replicate even in 2025...

Montreal Canadiens should do the right thing... and go for top5 pick this year and not for McDavid, that trade is never gonna happen btw.
McDavid is untouchable...
Jan. 3, 2020 at 11:47 p.m.
Banned
I think Hischier is same category as Kotkaniemi = good analogy... applaud
You can clearly see by New Jersey Devils results over the last few years and by Hall is mad at managament -> then traded: they are doing something wrong...

Montreal Canadiens should do the right thing... and go for top5 pick this year and not for McDavid, that trade is never gonna happen btw.
McDavid is untouchable...

Players like macdavid, crosby, malkin, ovy and compagnie in today hockey are untradeble. They generate on ice but they generate money off the ice to with merchandise. So you need to draft them if you want one.

As for the devils they never really made a rebuilt. They have survive the lost of scott stevens and scott nierdemeyer. Zach parise then sign elsewhere and marty brodeur finally retired after that they have try to keep the head out of the water with suspicious signing and bad trade. I thibk that they need to start with a new president and general manager. Start with some solid base.
Jan. 4, 2020 at 12:10 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Players like macdavid, crosby, malkin, ovy and compagnie in today hockey are untradeble. They generate on ice but they generate money off the ice to with merchandise. So you need to draft them if you want one.

As for the devils they never really made a rebuilt. They have survive the lost of scott stevens and scott nierdemeyer. Zach parise then sign elsewhere and marty brodeur finally retired after that they have try to keep the head out of the water with suspicious signing and bad trade. I thibk that they need to start with a new president and general manager. Start with some solid base.

Agree, they need to sell Vatanen NOW. PK Subban NOW. Palmieri SOON. Stock on draft picks+prospects. I heard Devils fans wants to keep Palmieri but he is UFA soon... get max value and rebuild until it's late and his value drops...nod

Also Simmonds must go ASAP even for a 4th round...

Jeez Brodeur... what a goalie.. i member... good times...
Jan. 4, 2020 at 12:36 a.m.
Banned
Agree, they need to sell Vatanen NOW. PK Subban NOW. Palmieri SOON. Stock on draft picks+prospects. I heard Devils fans wants to keep Palmieri but he is UFA soon... get max value and rebuild until it's late and his value drops...nod

Also Simmonds must go ASAP even for a 4th round...

Jeez Brodeur... what a goalie.. i member... good times...

Brodeur was good for sure but that defence. He got stevens, nierdemayer, daneyko, rafalski that a real
Solid group. I remember some night brodeur faced only 15 shot
Jan. 9, 2020 at 5:55 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Brodeur was good for sure but that defence. He got stevens, nierdemayer, daneyko, rafalski that a real
Solid group. I remember some night brodeur faced only 15 shot

Good times, good times man. That defense was rock solid... jeez... back then we could win the cup Winking with Tongue Out
Now i have my doubts about tampa can pull it off, but we'll see, it's a good year for hockey fans, stanley cup is super open... you just need a hot goalie...
Pharow liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll