Forums/Armchair-GM

Kovi

Created by: ZiggyPalffy
Team: 2019-20 Montreal Canadiens
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 3, 2020
Published: Jan. 3, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
My friend made an interesting point on the Kovi signing. While everybody is injured, Kovi can help score, really only if he is played in the top 6. They could sell him at the deadline when everybody is healthy and also if aren't in a playoff position. They could trade him for a 2nd rounder or something if he proves his worth, that and his 700k for 1 year would be attractive to a lot of contenders.
Trades
MTL
  1. 2020 2nd round pick (COL)
WSH
  1. Kovalchuk, Ilya
Additional Details:
Example
Buyouts
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the COL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the FLA
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the MTL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
28$81,500,000$77,196,308$0$4,060,000$4,303,692
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Montreal Canadiens
$5,500,000$5,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$3,150,000$3,150,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$3,750,000$3,750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$4,800,000$4,800,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,083,333$3,083,333
C
UFA - 2
$2,600,000$2,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 2
$3,400,000$3,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 4
$1,400,000$1,400,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$2,350,000$2,350,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,400,000$2,400,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 1
$1,300,000$1,300,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, C
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
C, LW
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$425,000$425K)
C
UFA - 3
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$82,500$82K)
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$763,333$763,333 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
RW, LW
UFA - 3
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$2,000,000$2,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$7,857,143$7,857,143
RD
UFA - 7
$10,500,000$10,500,000
G
NMC
UFA - 7
$1,750,000$1,750,000
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
G
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3
$800,000$800,000
RD
UFA - 1
$748,333$748,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$771,666$771,666 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RD
RFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 9, 2020 at 6:05 p.m.
Quoting: F3ruS
He put up decent numbers in LA. Really easy to check... This year like 16 games 9 points. Looks decent to me... Last year... decent numbers.... you can look him up... or you want to see him score 110 points in 80 games?
It was not you who said the 2nd rounder, but you speaked to me so i just replied to you... whatever...
But that's the whole point of the topic only. If and IF he get's traded: What's the return? 2nd rounder or worse...
I'm saying it's worse... and by a large margin = bad topic = poster has no idea about trade values, sorry, no offense, just stating facts, until it's proven otherwise

What are you talking about, who said anything about 110 points in 80 games? No one expects prime Kovalchuk, but considering his pts/gm this season are comparable to Kreider, and he is a fraction of the cap hit for a team looking for depth scoring, he will have some value at the deadline. How much value he has will depend on his performance in MTL. Honestly I don't really know or care what he will get, I just know that your logic of no one signed him so he has no value is incredible flawed. By that logic any undrafted player has no trade value because no one picked them, and any UFA who doesn't get a contract offer on July 1st has no value because obviously if anyone else wanted them they would have made an offer right?
Jan. 9, 2020 at 6:06 p.m.
Banned
You are mental, if you think other teams offered him 3 million $...
But enough of words... i would like to see proof... for contracts offers(701k will do) and not : "i always liked this city." - quotes LUL.
Ristolainen said before season: i hate to play in Buffalo. Trade me... Cool words, guess where he plays now... yes... in Buffalo... What he said couple months ago: i love playing here...
Words = not worth anything...
1 day passed and you say other things when u signed with Washington... You can say .... i always wanted to play here... capital of USA... best city of the world...i can assure you no contender team offered him 701k... don't need to be his agent... i watched him multiple times since he come back... not the same player...as once he was... no 2nd rounder for you...

I've already explained myself about the 2nd rounder"example" so if you can't read that's your problem. I am not going to break it down again. I did not mention anything about Kovi getting more than 700k(league minimum) so I don't know where you are getting these numbers 701k and 3M lmao
Jan. 9, 2020 at 6:28 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Jan. 9, 2020 at 6:36 p.m.
Quoting: Bf3351
I've already explained myself about the 2nd rounder"example" so if you can't read that's your problem. I am not going to break it down again. I did not mention anything about Kovi getting more than 700k(league minimum) so I don't know where you are getting these numbers 701k and 3M lmao

If you get offered a contract between 700k and 701k... you take the 701k... you don't care about the city... it's math... bigger = better. The first number is just a small number +1k, i'm getting it from basic math classes.
701k > 700k I could have written 710k. Same stuff. He simply didn't have that offer on the table, as there was no interest about him ... lots of teams have more valueable players...

In reality the max offer was 70k... so i could have written 71k... capisci? Right now it's actually a 70k $ contract... it's funny... but it's true... noone even called him for a 1 way 700k $ contract, so in this case you are correct... so i correct myself. 70k vs 71k... teams really didn't bother with him...

He is not worth a roster spot in LA... otherwise he would still be playing in LA... easy conclusion... noone was harsh with him... it happens to every player... he is no difference... Everyone knows in the league he can't defend = low value

The second number, is what you refering with a value player, like a 3 million guy... A real offer for a 2nd rounder type of player, which still incredible hard to imagine... how much did he make in LA like 6 mill $? It's just a random number between 2 and 4 mill(obv he is not worth 6 mill anymore ever - no idea why LA offered him that contract in the first place) for fair contract offer if he had that value(like a 2nd rounder), but he didn't. Nothing will change in Montreal. Same as nothing changed in KHL. He is too old. LMAO 2nd rounder LMAO we can keep going... even though you are not showing me anything... we can keep talk about nothing laugh I'm sure his value will go up through the roof in 40 days rolling eyes

Just to see i'm listening to you: I have a new offer for Montreal: Mike Condon + 7th rounder

Is that acceptable for you? You get a free 7th rounder for nothing. = win for Montreal. And tampa gets an insurance if Stamkos injured on the power play, he will replace him straight from the AHL. And no sitting out there! He needs to play every remaining game to help the prospects developing. I hope he can do that... Otherwise i take back my 7th rounder, if he is not playing in the AHL.
Jan. 9, 2020 at 6:45 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Jan. 9, 2020 at 7:01 p.m.
Quoting: J2W
What are you talking about, who said anything about 110 points in 80 games? No one expects prime Kovalchuk, but considering his pts/gm this season are comparable to Kreider, and he is a fraction of the cap hit for a team looking for depth scoring, he will have some value at the deadline. How much value he has will depend on his performance in MTL. Honestly I don't really know or care what he will get, I just know that your logic of no one signed him so he has no value is incredible flawed. By that logic any undrafted player has no trade value because no one picked them, and any UFA who doesn't get a contract offer on July 1st has no value because obviously if anyone else wanted them they would have made an offer right?

BUT his defensive play/thoughness/grit/leadership/age and 1 billion other things... is nothing close to Kreider. You can't just take 1 stat = points for a player and say they are close.... they are not close.... Kreider is the guy who every contender wants... just check any thread... Kovalchuk is the guy who almost noone wants for big value going back to Montreal... 7th rounder sure... but that's very far away from the 2nd...

My logic is not flawed: 40 days in Montreal is not magically turns a 7th round pick into a 3rd round... let's talk about a 3rd then... seems like you hate the 2nd round conversation, when u say things like: "i didn't say it". Oh yes you didn't say 110 points, yes you didn't say anything except high production? or was that not you as well? Tell me your numbers then we can talk, For me "high production" = have no meaning = empty words. I just used some random good numbers for an NHL player... So it's your turn, cause u don't like my picks + numbers... what your want to talk about then?

So i say 3rd round now or less... is that okay for you... but you can answer your value evaluation and we'll see who will be closer when the trade happens.... cause why are you writing in the topic, if you're not writing your own guesses... that's the fun part imo...

So let's forget about 2nd .... just write your own opinion then! Simple things... and we'll see who's logic was flawed at february 25th...

Kreider: 4.6 million $ caphit for full year = 2.3 million $ caphit if now traded -->will be less at trade deadline = 50% retention = almost free - so his contracts numbers it's basically has no meanings... compared to Kovalchuk 700k$ it's indifferent if any team has like 1 million capspace.... that's not an issue with Kreider.
Issues: New York Rangers wants to sell him or not: Currently they said = Kredier = stays = lies in my opinion but we'll see...
Kreider = super cheap if someone wants to trade for him... that's my point = big value

AND no i didn't say he has no value, i said he has less than 2nd rounder value...in other words LOW VALUE, which is currently to me stays at 7th rounder... for others it's 5th...
so is Mike Condon + 7th rounder = don't matter to you? Or just a random nhl goalie: Mike Condon.... Noone wants him, but if u sign him he can be just as good as kovalchuk... you just never know... he could have 0.915 SV % you just never know...

And yes your last question, the later you sign after july 1st... your value goes down significantly... it's obvious every year.... look at Maroon signing or Gardiner... really easy to see... lower and lower... biggest splashes happens first day... no magic there... max value there & overpaid lots of players there.(by bad GM's)
Jan. 9, 2020 at 7:07 p.m.
BUT his defensive play/thoughness/grit/leadership/age and 1 billion other things... is nothing close to Kreider. You can't just take 1 stat = points for a player and say they are close.... they are not close.... Kreider is the guy who every contender wants... just check any thread... Kovalchuk is the guy who almost noone wants for big value going back to Montreal... 7th rounder sure... but that's very far away from the 2nd...

My logic is not flawed: 40 days in Montreal is not magically turns a 7th round pick into a 3rd round... let's talk about a 3rd then... seems like you hate the 2nd round conversation, when u say things like: "i didn't say it".

So i say 3rd round now or less... is that okay for you... but you can answer your value evaluation and we'll see who will be closer when the trade happens.... cause why are you writing in the topic, if you're not writing your own guesses... that's the fun part imo...

So let's forget about 2nd .... just write your own opinion then! Simple things... and we'll see who's logic was flawed at february 25th...

As of right now in MTL, small sample size, Kovalchuk has more blocks and hit per game than Kreider, so he has some grit and toughness to him and is willing to play some defense, although that isn't what teams looking for cheap depth scoring at the deadline will be overly worried about.
Your logic is flawed, because a quarter of the season is more than long enough for things to change, just look at how the playoff picture has changed in the last 40 days.
I don't hate the 2nd round pick conversation, I was just never part of it.
It's to early to determine what Kovalchuk's value will be, 2 games in MTL doesn't show anything, if he magically stays a 1.5 pts/gm player he will be worth more than if he doesn't get another point. He probably ends up somewhere in the middle, which given his play since returning to the NHL and assuming a normal number of teams looking for cheap depth, and Kovalchuk's cap is almost non existent (and I think roster limits disappear), he probably fetches a condition 4th, upgrading based on his scoring in the playoffs.
I'm on the topic because your logic was, from my view, faulty and I felt like pointing it out, but making a guess never hurt anyone. Although making a guess based on a 2 game sample size when he has 22 more before the deadline isn't likely to be accurate.
F3ruS liked this.
Jan. 9, 2020 at 7:12 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
As of right now in MTL, small sample size, Kovalchuk has more blocks and hit per game than Kreider, so he has some grit and toughness to him and is willing to play some defense, although that isn't what teams looking for cheap depth scoring at the deadline will be overly worried about.
Your logic is flawed, because a quarter of the season is more than long enough for things to change, just look at how the playoff picture has changed in the last 40 days.
I don't hate the 2nd round pick conversation, I was just never part of it.
It's to early to determine what Kovalchuk's value will be, 2 games in MTL doesn't show anything, if he magically stays a 1.5 pts/gm player he will be worth more than if he doesn't get another point. He probably ends up somewhere in the middle, which given his play since returning to the NHL and assuming a normal number of teams looking for cheap depth, and Kovalchuk's cap is almost non existent (and I think roster limits disappear), he probably fetches a condition 4th, upgrading based on his scoring in the playoffs.
I'm on the topic because your logic was, from my view, faulty and I felt like pointing it out, but making a guess never hurt anyone. Although making a guess based on a 2 game sample size when he has 22 more before the deadline isn't likely to be accurate.

Nice answer! Now we are talking! So in this topic there is from 2nd,4th,5th,7th.

4th is possible yes, thats almost always a bust smile Except when it's Johnny Gaudreau right Hahahaa rock on

You need to combine the LA + Montreal though, so there is an alright number of games. This year is the same season. Montreal + LA both out of playoffs = not much difference. it's around 0.5 point/game right now. Blocking shots is only good when you don't get injured though wink If injury + weeks of sitting out = low value. Need dat fast recovery ability = the younger the body the better , i guess u know this wink
Jan. 9, 2020 at 7:16 p.m.
Banned
If you get offered a contract between 700k and 701k... you take the 701k... you don't care about the city... it's math... bigger = better. The first number is just a small number +1k, i'm getting it from basic math classes.
701k > 700k I could have written 710k. Same stuff. He simply didn't have that offer on the table, as there was no interest about him ... lots of teams have more valueable players...

In reality the max offer was 70k... so i could have written 71k... capisci? Right now it's actually a 70k $ contract... it's funny... but it's true... noone even called him for a 1 way 700k $ contract, so in this case you are correct... so i correct myself. 70k vs 71k... teams really didn't bother with him...

He is not worth a roster spot in LA... otherwise he would still be playing in LA... easy conclusion... noone was harsh with him... it happens to every player... he is no difference... Everyone knows in the league he can't defend = low value

The second number, is what you refering with a value player, like a 3 million guy... A real offer for a 2nd rounder type of player, which still incredible hard to imagine... how much did he make in LA like 6 mill $? It's just a random number between 2 and 4 mill(obv he is not worth 6 mill anymore ever - no idea why LA offered him that contract in the first place) for fair contract offer if he had that value(like a 2nd rounder), but he didn't. Nothing will change in Montreal. Same as nothing changed in KHL. He is too old. LMAO 2nd rounder LMAO we can keep going... even though you are not showing me anything... we can keep talk about nothing laugh I'm sure his value will go up through the roof in 40 days rolling eyes

Just to see i'm listening to you: I have a new offer for Montreal: Mike Condon + 7th rounder

Is that acceptable for you? You get a free 7th rounder for nothing. = win for Montreal. And tampa gets an insurance if Stamkos injured on the power play, he will replace him straight from the AHL. And no sitting out there! He needs to play every remaining game to help the prospects developing. I hope he can do that... Otherwise i take back my 7th rounder, if he is not playing in the AHL.

You are a joke lol. This is obviously a troll account and I will admit you're pretty good at it. Almost had me. Before I let you go, do you really think any GM on this planet is going to offer 701k instead of just 700k. They are professional athletes. They don't care about an extra 1k lmao. Have a good day. This post is old and I've made about 15 since.
Jan. 9, 2020 at 7:17 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Jan. 9, 2020 at 7:33 p.m.
You are a joke lol. This is obviously a troll account and I will admit you're pretty good at it. Almost had me. Before I let you go, do you really think any GM on this planet is going to offer 701k instead of just 700k. They are professional athletes. They don't care about an extra 1k lmao. Have a good day. This post is old and I've made about 15 since.

They will, it's the bidding war. It's stopped at 70k = league minimum AHL level, you are the troll here with your insane 2nd round suggestion, that's the obvious. I will not look for your updated posts. I don't search troll's accounts histories... i stumbled upon this... trolls the only people who are not editing their own posts, after they became irrelevant....
Find me 3 more person who says it's a 2nd round and you're in the ring.

You really really hit hard, you're really Tom Wilson, i'm scared now. Boo! hushed

It can be 700.001 $ as well. Or 70.001$. Mr. Though Guy.

JUST CHECK PASTRNAK CONTRACT AND CHECK THAT PROFFESSIALISM. I'm the troll right...

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/293763
https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/292729

Check these recent signings... They didn't care about the numbers right. Mr. Prof.
Jan. 9, 2020 at 7:31 p.m.
Nice answer! Now we are talking! So in this topic there is from 2nd,4th,5th,7th.

4th is possible yes, thats almost always a bust smile Except when it's Johnny Gaudreau right Hahahaa rock on

You need to combine the LA + Montreal though, so there is an alright number of games. This year is the same season. Montreal + LA both out of playoffs = not much difference. it's around 0.5 point/game right now. Blocking shots is only good when you don't get injured though wink If injury + weeks of sitting out = low value. Need dat fast recovery ability = the younger the body the better , i guess u know this wink

Plenty of players have had bumps in their play based on a change of scenery, and if Kovalchuk is added to that number then his play in MTL will be the deciding factor for his value, not the full season. It will be up to the buyers to decide whether to take the risk of him regressing, although if he keeps putting in an adequate defensive effort most will likely be willing to do to how cheap his cap hit will be, although again the actual return is likely going to be based on his offensive output and what teams are buyers (those teams health, and so on).
Plenty of shots get blocked every game, it's more luck than age that matters in that regard, because any 3rd line rental getting injured now (assuming fracture or similar from shot blocking) is likely a non factor at the deadline regardless of age. Although I love how him blocking shots suddenly became a bad thing to you lol.
Jan. 9, 2020 at 7:50 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Plenty of players have had bumps in their play based on a change of scenery, and if Kovalchuk is added to that number then his play in MTL will be the deciding factor for his value, not the full season. It will be up to the buyers to decide whether to take the risk of him regressing, although if he keeps putting in an adequate defensive effort most will likely be willing to do to how cheap his cap hit will be, although again the actual return is likely going to be based on his offensive output and what teams are buyers (those teams health, and so on).
Plenty of shots get blocked every game, it's more luck than age that matters in that regard, because any 3rd line rental getting injured now (assuming fracture or similar from shot blocking) is likely a non factor at the deadline regardless of age. Although I love how him blocking shots suddenly became a bad thing to you lol.

Yeah just from a value perspective, it's risky... that's why the low value.
They all connected. For me it's a good thing, just don't get injured... and looking at his playing history, maybe he didn't play, because he was injured, i don't know...
All i know is, noone wanted him for 1 way contract 700k $ - which is the reality...
I know you claim teams just didn't bother with him... and now they will... interesting opinion about all the other 20-22 teams who still want to make a playoffs. They are so bad that a super valuable player, like Kovi, is just not an option.(They are really busy they can't evaluate one single 35+ year old player)

But a magical GM, like Bergevin... he is so smart he is above all the other GM's, he gets him for free , then flips him for the huge profit in less than 2 months. YEP. Good Job! I thought they signed him to make the playoffs at all costs... Hmm... Another anomaly we have here... Playoffs or no playoffs.

Montreal has a tendency to keep their players lately, just saying... if he is that valuable, they will keep him... I heard the Montreal GM overvalues all of his players...
What if Kovi playing so well --> Montreal is 7 points out off playoffs spot only at TDL --- Keep Kovi or try to cash in on the respectable 4th round pick? Which one is the correct choice?
That would be fun to see his decision then! I hope they don't lose more than 50% of the games until TDL.... so we might see the results...happy
Jan. 9, 2020 at 8:07 p.m.
Edited Jan. 9, 2020 at 8:18 p.m.
Yeah just from a value perspective, it's risky... that's why the low value.
They all connected. For me it's a good thing, just don't get injured... and looking at his playing history, maybe he didn't play, because he was injured, i don't know...
All i know is, noone wanted him for 1 way contract 700k $ - which is the reality...
I know you claim teams just didn't bother with him... and now they will... interesting opinion about all the other 20-22 teams who still want to make a playoffs. They are so bad that a super valuable player, like Kovi, is just not an option.(They are really busy they can't evaluate one single 35+ year old player)

But a magical GM, like Bergevin... he is so smart he is above all the other GM's, he gets him for free , then flips him for the huge profit in less than 2 months. YEP. Good Job! I thought they signed him to make the playoffs at all costs... Hmm... Another anomaly we have here... Playoffs or no playoffs.

Montreal has a tendency to keep their players lately, just saying... if he is that valuable, they will keep him... I heard the Montreal GM overvalues all of his players...
What if Kovi playing so well --> Montreal is 7 points out off playoffs spot only at TDL --- Keep Kovi or try to cash in on the respectable 4th round pick? Which one is the correct choice?
That would be fun to see his decision then! I hope they don't lose more than 50% of the games until TDL.... so we might see the results...happy

You seem to be deliberately misinterpreting what I'm saying, although maybe I just haven't explained it clearly so I'll try and simplify it. There is a 23 man roster limit until after the trade deadline, if your team is either not suffering from injuries, or will be healthy prior to the deadline and doesn't need immediate help, Kovalchuk wasn't a gamble worth taking. If you signed him and he didn't workout, you just wasted a roster spot and games that could have been used testing internal options. If he did work out, you risk either losing him for nothing on waivers, or needing to risk losing someone else to make space for him. In this case MTL and Kovalchuk were the perfect match, they were desperate enough to roll the dice. Now other teams get to see what Kovalchuk will do outside of LA, some guys just don't work in some systems, while wasting none of their own roster spots. If they like what they see, then it's on them to determine if he just meshed with MTL's system or if he was hampered by LA's. If they feel it was the later then he has value in a trade, and that value would be dependent on Kovalchuk's play.
It's basic risk/reward, signing Kovalchuk to see if he would improve outside of LA was a small but unnecessary risk for most teams. For MTL reward outweighed risk, and now that MTL has mitigated almost the entire risk for other teams, reward is more likely to outweigh risk for them at the deadline.
I hope that explains it a bit better for you.
Feb. 17, 2020 at 3:04 a.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Feb. 17, 2020 at 3:16 a.m.
You seem to be deliberately misinterpreting.

I don't misinterpret anything, i'm just randomly talking with you about an interesting topic, like Ilya...
Anway 1 month passed, and he didn't help Montreal achieving anything. So what you think who wants him, when he can't help you win more?
The problem = no defense. Yes you can put him with defensive forwards(most of his linemates in Mtl) and they hide his weakness. But if you put him with random players... it will show... I see what Montreal is doing, but it's not gonna work... when he is that good... like lots of points, game winners... you should be better as a team, yet it's the same story. really small playoffs %.
So let's see a contender like Colorado trades for him: where they use him? With MacKinnon or what? I mean they could try it for a 5th round i guess... but is he really gonna help you in anything?
My answer: Nope
I would fire any gm who trades for him insane high picks(like a 2nd) and shows no success in the playoffs(or by not making the playoffs from a bad position).

I think trading him will work like this(and not 1 on 1 Kovi for 1 pick):
You trade for other pieces. Let's say you trade for Domi/Tatar, then you include him as a bonus to make the trade go through, so both teams are happy at the end for that 1st round pick/ good prospect which goes into montreal...

Montreal Canadiens gets:
1st round pick + 2nd round pick + 1 prospect

Philadelphia Flyers gets:
Tatar
Kovalchuk

or
Washington Capitals gets:
Petry
Kovalchuk

So you can hide the true value of what Kovalchuk worth in the trade. I hope you see what i mean. It's embrassing to trade for an old player who were available for free(23 roster limit cmon noone cares about that u cannot be serious, it's 50 and you can move people in the AHL... and vica versa anytime...), then you lose a HIGH draft pick(according to some posters here) and not achieve anything in the playoffs... I will actually laugh if he gets traded 1 on 1 for a high pick... and will keep note how long that gm will keep his job...laugh

Question still stands though: Montreal Canadiens should trade him or not at all? Toronto lost today to Buffalo for example...

19 games 12 points right now for Kovi. Montreal lost last 4 games... and other than Weber, they look like healthy right now...
You see points are not everything...
BTW if you include overtime wins+ so wins, it could be 8 game losing streak for montreal... and the teams which they beat, were new jersey and anaheim and toronto(lul)... not exactly powerhouses... so is Kovi helped that much afterall? 0 regulation wins in last 8 games. Or you only blame the coach + other players?
I think they should start to sell asap at least 3/4 players for this upcoming deep draft. Montreal needs to find a young elite forward or 2... Defense i heard Romanov will be good... + hopefully Weber fully healthy next season so that's ok...
Feb. 17, 2020 at 8:08 a.m.
Banned
I don't misinterpret anything, i'm just randomly talking with you about an interesting topic, like Ilya...
Anway 1 month passed, and he didn't help Montreal achieving anything. So what you think who wants him, when he can't help you win more?
The problem = no defense. Yes you can put him with defensive forwards(most of his linemates in Mtl) and they hide his weakness. But if you put him with random players... it will show... I see what Montreal is doing, but it's not gonna work... when he is that good... like lots of points, game winners... you should be better as a team, yet it's the same story. really small playoffs %.
So let's see a contender like Colorado trades for him: where they use him? With MacKinnon or what? I mean they could try it for a 5th round i guess... but is he really gonna help you in anything?
My answer: Nope
I would fire any gm who trades for him insane high picks(like a 2nd) and shows no success in the playoffs(or by not making the playoffs from a bad position).

I think trading him will work like this(and not 1 on 1 Kovi for 1 pick):
You trade for other pieces. Let's say you trade for Domi/Tatar, then you include him as a bonus to make the trade go through, so both teams are happy at the end for that 1st round pick/ good prospect which goes into montreal...

Montreal Canadiens gets:
1st round pick + 2nd round pick + 1 prospect

Philadelphia Flyers gets:
Tatar
Kovalchuk

or
Washington Capitals gets:
Petry
Kovalchuk

So you can hide the true value of what Kovalchuk worth in the trade. I hope you see what i mean. It's embrassing to trade for an old player who were available for free(23 roster limit cmon noone cares about that u cannot be serious, it's 50 and you can move people in the AHL... and vica versa anytime...), then you lose a HIGH draft pick(according to some posters here) and not achieve anything in the playoffs... I will actually laugh if he gets traded 1 on 1 for a high pick... and will keep note how long that gm will keep his job...laugh

Question still stands though: Montreal Canadiens should trade him or not at all? Toronto lost today to Buffalo for example...

19 games 12 points right now for Kovi. Montreal lost last 4 games... and other than Weber, they look like healthy right now...
You see points are not everything...
BTW if you include overtime wins+ so wins, it could be 8 game losing streak for montreal... and the teams which they beat, were new jersey and anaheim and toronto(lul)... not exactly powerhouses... so is Kovi helped that much afterall? 0 regulation wins in last 8 games. Or you only blame the coach + other players?
I think they should start to sell asap at least 3/4 players for this upcoming deep draft. Montreal needs to find a young elite forward or 2... Defense i heard Romanov will be good... + hopefully Weber fully healthy next season so that's ok...

GM would keep his job just find buddy
Feb. 24, 2020 at 11:25 p.m.
Go Boltz! & Go Avs!
Edited Feb. 24, 2020 at 11:33 p.m.
GM would keep his job just find buddy

Can't decipher your words, but finally the trade happend. So let's see:

In the end: Washington is expected to be top 4 in the league so or make conference finals, so i just use last year's draft pick as example:
2019 3rd round pick (WSH - #87 - Lukas Parik)

2019 4th round pick (BUF - #98 - Matias Maccelli)

Any difference between all those players?

So it's essentially a 4th round draft pick.

But then you have to include the retention: Which is usually worth like a lot. Most teams just don't do retentions, they just don't... unless you pay for it...
In this case let's just say, 1 round, cause it's only 350k $.

End result:

Montreal Canadiens gets: true value around ~ 5th round draft pick ( =95% that this draft pick never plays in NHL)

Washington Capitals gets: Kovalchuk, who wants to get a 5 million $ contract again... 3.5mill $ + 1.5 mill $ bonus for next year or 2... = greedy for money at age of 35+ and defensive liabiliy as a forward

Washington will let him go walk to UFA after season is over.... so it's a rental for essentially for a real expert(like Washington's gm in this case) ~ 5th round pick.
Washington Capitals GM can keep his job, overpayed, but still worth a shot, if he can help to score some goals in the playoffs...
Bergevin did alright, turned nothing into a lottery ball...

So just as i expected(late round draft pick) = not even close to 2nd rounder ( like a 40th-50th pick = gold in the draft sometimes).
Between pick Nr 40 and 100 is insane difference, by getting gems in the draft... it's really hard to hit with Nr 100th pick...

Once again easy prediction... rip 2nd round value (around ~ nr 50th pick = good chance to be a solid NHL player in this year's draft)

In the end turned out that you're the troll here afterall... and my analysis about him was spot on = super low value, even after he put up 0.5 points/game in 1 month...

TLDR: Without retention this draft pick is esentially a 4th round pick: Nr 90th pick in daft ---> + retention = ~ 5th round pick

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll