Forums/Armchair-GM

Would You Do That Trade

Created by: leaflet
Team: 2020-21 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 3, 2020
Published: Jan. 4, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Sandin just had a terrific performance at the juniors, once again. 4 points in the semi-final game. His value is huge.

Assuming Rielly and Dermott stay on the left side of our blue line, would you consider trading Sandin at the draft for Jamie Drysdale, the top prospect RHD? Or else a top RHD who's already in the NHL?

Long term, the top 4 could become

Rielly - Drysdale
Dermott - Liljegren
Free Agent Signings
CREATEDYEARSCAP HIT
Drysdale, Jamie
3$925,000
Trades
TOR
    Jamie Drysdale, whichever team picks him. At the cost of immediate gains, Toronto gets a younger, but right-handed top prospect.
    BUF
    1. Sandin, Rasmus
    Additional Details:
    That team gets a top defensive prospect who is NHL ready, and help turn the team into a contender immediately in 2020.
    Retained Salary Transactions
    DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CBJ
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the VGK
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the CAR
    Logo of the COL
    Logo of the EDM
    Logo of the SJS
    Logo of the STL
    Logo of the WPG
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    Logo of the TOR
    ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
    12$84,500,000$66,830,616$0$0$17,669,384
    Left WingCentreRight Wing
    Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
    $3,400,000$3,400,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 3
    $11,640,250$11,640,250
    C
    UFA - 4
    $10,903,000$10,903,000
    RW
    UFA - 5
    $2,250,000$2,250,000
    RW, LW
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1
    $11,000,000$11,000,000
    C, LW
    NMC
    UFA - 5
    $6,962,366$6,962,366
    RW
    UFA - 4
    $3,500,000$3,500,000
    LW, C, RW
    UFA - 3
    $3,200,000$3,200,000
    RW
    UFA - 2
    $775,000$775,000
    LW, RW
    UFA - 1
    Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    LD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 2
    $2,000,000$2,000,000
    RD
    M-NTC
    UFA - 3
    $5,000,000$5,000,000
    G
    M-NTC
    UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
    • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:47 p.m.
    Quoting: Random2152
    I think that just proves that this was never a conversation, rather me talking at a brick wall unwilling to move from their biased opinion

You keep telling me how Sandin is better, but can't post anything to back it up. It just proves you have a bias opinion. Not my fault.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:48 p.m.
    Quoting: palhal
    Guess Subbanator7676/HabsforEver thinks Alzner is better prospect than Sandin because Alzner gets paid more.

hottake
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:48 p.m.
    Just Keep Swimming
    Quoting: HabsForEver
    You keep telling me how Sandin is better, but can't post anything to back it up. It just proves you have a bias opinion. Not my fault.

You know what, just for you I put in extra work: This is Romonov's PNHLe
    ENdjKgjW4AAkU3q?format=png&name=small
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:49 p.m.
    That is what scouting reports are, and PNHLe is hardly an opinion

Used a guy who still doesn't even think Romanov should be a first round pick. Has him ranked 35th overall in the re-draft lmao
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:49 p.m.
    Just Keep Swimming
    Used a guy who still doesn't even think Romanov should be a first round pick. Has him ranked 35th overall in the re-draft lmao

Yup. And PNHLe backs him up on that
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.
    You know what, just for you I put in extra work: This is Romonov's PNHLe
    ENdjKgjW4AAkU3q?format=png&name=small

The reason it's so low is because they don't factor in age. He's 19 that plays in the best team in Russia. He only gets 7-8 minutes a night with no special teams, so of course his stats are going to be bad.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.
    Subbanator
    Quoting: mondo
    sandin is better than romanov

facts don't care about your feelings

You're the biased one here bud. Give me a sec

It's not about who is better, it's a tier. Prospects are much different players, it's like Doughty vs Karlsson, both great but different ways, they are in the s.ame tier.

Sandin, Romanov and Seider are in the same tier. All different players, that played in different usages on their respective teams, declaring that one is way ahead of the others is what's wrong with your arguements.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
    Yup. And PNHLe backs him up on that

https://www.nhlrankking.com/PNHLe.htm

Of course Romanov's won't be high. It's an offensive stat that the system is based around.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
    torontos finest
    Quoting: Subbanator7667
    It's not about who is better, it's a tier. Prospects are much different players, it's like Doughty vs Karlsson, both great but different ways, they are in the s.ame tier.

Sandin, Romanov and Seider are in the same tier. All different players, that played in different usages on their respective teams, declaring that one is way ahead of the others is what's wrong with your arguements.

sandin and seider are a tier above romanov
    Random2152 liked this.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:52 p.m.
    Just Keep Swimming
    The reason it's so low is because they don't factor in age. He's 19 that plays in the best team in Russia. He only gets 7-8 minutes a night with no special teams, so of course his stats are going to be bad.

It literally does. I linked you the description page, but because you don't seem to want to read it:
    "PNHLe attempts to equalize all leagues, age and positions so that the offensive potential of a prospect can easily be compared with others, while also projecting future NHL point potential in the prime years of a player."
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:54 p.m.
    It literally does. I linked you the description page, but because you don't seem to want to read it:
    "PNHLe attempts to equalize all leagues, age and positions so that the offensive potential of a prospect can easily be compared with others, while also projecting future NHL point potential in the prime years of a player."

In a perfect world, a consistent player would have equal PNHLe stats from one year to the next, and as they played in different leagues on different teams. However, due to the random nature of the game of hockey and the fact that PNHLe is built entirely on readily available statistics that are given for each league, it does come with warts which affects its overall accuracy. That also means it leaves out certain criteria that would benefit the overall accuracy, such as linemates, situational usage, time on ice, power play time, face-off percentage, hits, blocked shots etc.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:55 p.m.
    Subbanator
    Quoting: mondo
    sandin and seider are a tier above romanov

Maybe they should win something to prove it.
    HabsForEver liked this.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:56 p.m.

If only Sandin was good enough to stop a 1 on 1
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:56 p.m.
    Just Keep Swimming
    https://www.nhlrankking.com/PNHLe.htm

Of course Romanov's won't be high. It's an offensive stat that the system is based around.

Yes, and in juniors offensive stats are the best predictor of success of all types in the NHL. Look at the point totals of nearly everyone drafted high up that became something big. They all put up large points.

Here is noted goal scorer Zack Hyman for example in his final years before being in the Leafs system:
    2010-11 Hamilton Red Wings OJHL 43 42 60 102
    2014-15 Univ. of Michigan NCAA 37 22 32 54
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:58 p.m.
    Yes, and in juniors offensive stats are the best predictor of success of all types in the NHL. Look at the point totals of nearly everyone drafted high up that became something big. They all put up large points.

Here is noted goal scorer Zack Hyman for example in his final years before being in the Leafs system:
    2010-11 Hamilton Red Wings OJHL 43 42 60 102
    2014-15 Univ. of Michigan NCAA 37 22 32 54

Sure it works in that case, but like I said, Romanov is a physical defensemen, that plays very limited minutes on the best team outside of the NHL. It's unprecedented that a 19 YO defender could crack CSKA, but Romanov did it.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:58 p.m.
    LongtimeLeafsufferer
    What is Troll about it? Roger's owns Sportnet, Bell owns TSN and both Roger's and Bell own the Leafs. They have a mutual interest to spoon feed the Leafs to as many fans as possible.

Great you watch the Marlies, doesnt mean you watch every other prospect to judge which is the best. Most people only have these tournaments to go off of for europe prospects like Seider and Romanov. If you have watched the tournament both Romanov and Seider have played as good and at times better then Sandin.

You really are troll or can't read. I never compared Sandin to Romanov or Seider or any player junior player. I did take issue with your silly troll statement that Leaf fans can't form an opinion on a player because of the game feed provider. Gee just by watching the games, in any sport, rational fans can form an opinion on players value. Certainly doesn't matter if the the network showing the game is NBC, TSN, Sportsnet, ABC or whatever.
    Montreal is a colloquial sports town where every depends on the Canadiens. Many sports understand in Montreal and Quebec can understand it's a big world outside of the Montreal Canadians. But then we get the narrow minded ones, who just live in die with their only major league team 12 months a year, partly because the Quebec sports media is so Montreal Canadian oriented. Seems to me Subbanator you are one that is so media influenced you can't make a judgement for yourself.
    Random2152 liked this.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 2:59 p.m.
    Just Keep Swimming
    In a perfect world, a consistent player would have equal PNHLe stats from one year to the next, and as they played in different leagues on different teams. However, due to the random nature of the game of hockey and the fact that PNHLe is built entirely on readily available statistics that are given for each league, it does come with warts which affects its overall accuracy. That also means it leaves out certain criteria that would benefit the overall accuracy, such as linemates, situational usage, time on ice, power play time, face-off percentage, hits, blocked shots etc.

No one is saying it is perfect, but it is the best we have. Otherwise it is just a he said she said argument. Feel free to prove that Romonov is better than Sandin at any time.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 3:01 p.m.
    No one is saying it is perfect, but it is the best we have. Otherwise it is just a he said she said argument. Feel free to prove that Romonov is better than Sandin at any time.

It's only fair when we are comparing two offensive players.

Sandin is a OFD playing in a league where every stat is openly available.
    Romanov is a TWD playing in a league where it's hard to find information, and is playing limited minutes.

As there really aren't any stats from the KHL, I guess we have to wait, but you haven't proven to me how Sandin is better, so I guess we each go our own ways.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 3:01 p.m.
    Just Keep Swimming
    Sure it works in that case, but like I said, Romanov is a physical defensemen, that plays very limited minutes on the best team outside of the NHL. It's unprecedented that a 19 YO defender could crack CSKA, but Romanov did it.

Yeah, I am certain that it isn't unprecedented that a 19 y/o made the KHL on a very good team. In fact I think Zaitsev did it too. Congrats. You drafted Zaitsev in the first round.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 3:02 p.m.
    Just Keep Swimming
    It's only fair when we are comparing two offensive players.

Sandin is a OFD playing in a league where every stat is openly available.
    Romanov is a TWD playing in a league where it's hard to find information, and is playing limited minutes.

As there really aren't any stats from the KHL, I guess we have to wait, but you haven't proven to me how Sandin is better, so I guess we each go our own ways.

Hyman is a noted offensive player too in your opinion it seems.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 3:03 p.m.
    Yeah, I am certain that it isn't unprecedented that a 19 y/o made the KHL on a very good team. In fact I think Zaitsev did it too. Congrats. You drafted Zaitsev in the first round.

Zaitsev cracked CSKA at 22, but better luck next time.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 3:04 p.m.
    Hyman is a noted offensive player too in your opinion it seems.

54 points in the NCAA? Yeah, he was definitely an offensive player in College, his role has changed, but it doesn't take that away.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 3:04 p.m.
    Just Keep Swimming
    Zaitsev cracked CSKA at 22, but better luck next time.

Oh yes, It is all most as if I was careful with how I worded it. He played for Sibir at 18
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 3:05 p.m.
    torontos finest

bronze medal and 4 playoff games don't mean you're he's better. i'm sorry you have to hear this.

If only Sandin was good enough to stop a 1 on 1

romanov wouldn't be able to either, which makes this criticism null.
    Jan. 4, 2020 at 3:05 p.m.
    Subbanator
    Quoting: palhal
    You really are troll or can't read. I never compared Sandin to Romanov or Seider or any player junior player. I did take issue with your silly troll statement that Leaf fans can't form an opinion on a player because of the game feed provider. Gee just by watching the games, in any sport, rational fans can form an opinion on players value. Certainly doesn't matter if the the network showing the game is NBC, TSN, Sportsnet, ABC or whatever.
    Montreal is a colloquial sports town where every depends on the Canadiens. Many sports understand in Montreal and Quebec can understand it's a big world outside of the Montreal Canadians. But then we get the narrow minded ones, who just live in die with their only major league team 12 months a year, partly because the Quebec sports media is so Montreal Canadian oriented. Seems to me Subbanator you are one that is so media influenced you can't make a judgement for yourself.

I would say that's true except for the fact that I live just north of Toronto and am a huge Raptors and Jay's fan and spend summers going to Jay's games (yes this year was tough), I will admit that I got priced out of going to Raptors games when Kawhi came but still able to get to 1 or 2 a year. So no, my time is fairly split, but living here I also experience that media in the area touts its self as a national sports news network but also owns teams in the respective sports. It creates a bias, that bias then gets spread as far and wide as possible from the media machine. I'm not saying every fan follows it but there is a reason a lot of Canada sports fans complain about TSN and Sportsnet.

To create a post please Login or Register
    Question:
    Options:
    Add Option
    Submit Poll