SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Other Leagues

The reffing was absolutely awful

Jan. 4, 2020 at 4:49 p.m.
Not saying the jets played well enough to deserve the win anyway but there were at least 4 missed calls in the 3rd period and OT alone all against the jets. I wouldn’t be mad if it was 2 sided but man... The high stick on ehlers, the knee on knee on ehlers, and the boarding on morrissey. The challenge could have gone either way but imo it was goaltender interference as parise could have gotten less contact. However not too mad about the challenge as goaltender interference is very difficult. Finally that call on wheeler (that gave minny the game winning power play) was really soft in comparison to the stuff the refs let go earlier. The nhl needs to speak to the refs in this game. Cost the jets the game imo.

I’m not one to usually complain about reffing as I understand it is really difficult especially given the speed of the modern game (though this game wasn’t really that fast) but that may be the worst officiated game I have ever watched.

End of rant.
Jan. 4, 2020 at 5:22 p.m.
Couldn’t agree more. Saddest part is that the jets aren’t the only team getting screwed by the refs. Recently officiating has been god awful.

I get why wheeler got called on that penalty, but you have to be consistent in the way you ref, they missed 4 obvious calls in the 3rd. It’s just hard to watch any NHL game recently. Reffing has gotten really bad....
arafay liked this.
Jan. 4, 2020 at 6:34 p.m.
Quoting: tsyls
Couldn’t agree more. Saddest part is that the jets aren’t the only team getting screwed by the refs. Recently officiating has been god awful.

I get why wheeler got called on that penalty, but you have to be consistent in the way you ref, they missed 4 obvious calls in the 3rd. It’s just hard to watch any NHL game recently. Reffing has gotten really bad....

I don’t know about games in general as I haven’t been able to watch many (even jets games) so I can’t say but it was brutal today
tsyls and aedoran liked this.
Jan. 4, 2020 at 10:08 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
That missed high stick on Ehlers late in the 3rd was brutal, was one of the most effed up game I've watched, lots of weird calls, tested the worst PK in the league.. Lol
arafay liked this.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 10:41 a.m.
I watched the Wild feed and their announcers were chirping the jets for trying to draw calls, then when Wheeler gets the slashing call in OT they are like "you simply cant do that."
Honestly I dont get the slashing the stick call. if the offensive player has one hand on his stick and the defensive player makes a play on the puck while the guy in playing it why should that be a PIM? how about hold onto your stick? i can hear my dad's voice in my head saying "two hands on your stick." I guess guys can t just slash sticks out of hands, but come on?
Look at that Morrisey non call. Right in the numbers and the player was noticeably hurt but no call
arafay and MisstheWhalers liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll