SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Anaheim Ducks

Anaheim Fans Question for you

Jan. 5, 2020 at 10:25 a.m.
On a Serious note, what would Anaheim want for Gibson? Bearing in mind, they'd have to take Mrazek or Reimer back
Jan. 5, 2020 at 10:34 a.m.
I’m not a ducks fan, but Gibson value is really high, a really good contract, that ends on the good time

If I was them a would ask for Necas and mrazek to start
Jan. 5, 2020 at 12:08 p.m.
Xx_Zegras46_xX
Mrazek, Niederitter, Necas, 1st
Jan. 5, 2020 at 12:48 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Both of this year's firsts, Pesce and Nedeljkovic.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 7:21 a.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
Both of this year's firsts, Pesce and Nedeljkovic.

That is a joke please try again, vintage Hasek isn't worth that
Jan. 6, 2020 at 7:22 a.m.
Quoting: MDA_47
Mrazek, Niederitter, Necas, 1st

This is more reasonable, thank you
zk97 liked this.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 9:16 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Quoting: Caniac2000
That is a joke please try again, vintage Hasek isn't worth that

The offer you approve (@MDA_47's) and mine contain the same four elements: the equivalent of two first-round picks, a roster player and a goalie replacement for Gibson. Since my two firsts are of lesser value (Necas having already proven himself, in my eyes, as NHL quality), you must be complaining about the difference between Niederreiter and Pesce and between Mrazek and Nedeljkovic. Anaheim doesn't need another forward and needs a first-class RhD, so wouldn't trade Gibson without obtaining one of the latter. And Anaheim would prefer a goalie who is under long-term team control to one who is a free agent after next season (that "UFA-2" is deceiving). Finally, you have overlooked the value of the 50% retention on Gibson's salary for 7 years. No, the offer is entirely reasonable, not a "joke," given Gibson's standing as one of the top 5 goalies in the NHL, and the best one without a Stanley Cup. You won't win one with your current goaltenders.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 9:49 a.m.
The offer you approve (@MDA_47's) and mine contain the same four elements: the equivalent of two first-round picks, a roster player and a goalie replacement for Gibson. Since my two firsts are of lesser value (Necas having already proven himself, in my eyes, as NHL quality), you must be complaining about the difference between Niederreiter and Pesce and between Mrazek and Nedeljkovic. Anaheim doesn't need another forward and needs a first-class RhD, so wouldn't trade Gibson without obtaining one of the latter. And Anaheim would prefer a goalie who is under long-term team control to one who is a free agent after next season (that "UFA-2" is deceiving). Finally, you have overlooked the value of the 50% retention on Gibson's salary for 7 years. No, the offer is entirely reasonable, not a "joke," given Gibson's standing as one of the top 5 goalies in the NHL, and the best one without a Stanley Cup. You won't win one with your current goaltenders.

Pesce is the best analytically DFD in the league, he has more value than anyone in this trade, Gibson included. He is an instant deal breaker here. Nino Necas Mrazek and a 1st is more realistic because 1) It frees up the ROSTER SPOT for Gibson, 2) It Helps clear the cap needed for Gibson, 3) It's not touching the core built to win the cup. Pesce and Slavin are the heart of the D core, and you're gonna go "DoUgIe'S pOiNtS" but the long and short of it is Pesce is probably the most reliable D man on this team. He is why that deal is a straight up joke.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 10:45 a.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Pesce is the best analytically DFD in the league, he has more value than anyone in this trade, Gibson included. He is an instant deal breaker here. Nino Necas Mrazek and a 1st is more realistic because 1) It frees up the ROSTER SPOT for Gibson, 2) It Helps clear the cap needed for Gibson, 3) It's not touching the core built to win the cup. Pesce and Slavin are the heart of the D core, and you're gonna go "DoUgIe'S pOiNtS" but the long and short of it is Pesce is probably the most reliable D man on this team. He is why that deal is a straight up joke.

Well, we disagree on the ultimate likely result. I think that the team you have now isn't as good as the team you would have if you add Gibson but subtract Pesce (and keep Niederreiter). In short, a franchise goalie is worth more than a franchise defenseman. Obviously, you differ.

Including Mrazek or Reimer in the deal only benefits Carolina, so it is irrelevant for purposes of accurately assessing Gibson's trade value.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 11:12 a.m.
Well, we disagree on the ultimate likely result. I think that the team you have now isn't as good as the team you would have if you add Gibson but subtract Pesce (and keep Niederreiter). In short, a franchise goalie is worth more than a franchise defenseman. Obviously, you differ.

Including Mrazek or Reimer in the deal only benefits Carolina, so it is irrelevant for purposes of accurately assessing Gibson's trade value.

I did say in the description that any deal would have to include Mrazek or Reimer or there's no space for Gibson.

I'm not saying that a franchise goalie isn't more valuable than a franchise goaltender. I'm saying that a franchise D man on 4 million a year for the next 5 years is more valuable than a franchise goalie making 7 mil for the next 8 years. Pesce's contract is that good. Nino is also not been great recently... so keeping nino, or moving him isn't the worst of things.
Jan. 6, 2020 at 12:58 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I did say in the description that any deal would have to include Mrazek or Reimer or there's no space for Gibson.

I'm not saying that a franchise goalie isn't more valuable than a franchise [defenseman]. I'm saying that a franchise D man on 4 million a year for the next 5 years is more valuable than a franchise goalie making 7 mil for the next 8 years. Pesce's contract is that good. Nino is also not been great recently... so keeping Nino, or moving him isn't the worst of things.

Be careful about your numbers here. Let's discount this year, since it's already more than half over and we don't know when this trade would occur. Pesce is signed for 4 more years ($16.1MM), while Gibson is signed for 7 more ($44.8MM). IF (and I acknowledge in advance that's a big "if") you decide to re-up Pesce at the end of his contract, inflation and player value by then may have increased his worth to $8MM AAV (Trouba money, unadjusted for inflation), in which case the difference between the two players is less than $5MM. (If he gets $9.25MM, the difference becomes $1MM.) So the contract benefits are not as significant as you might expect. Plus, you're getting the additional benefit of moving Reimer's $3.125MM off the books.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll