$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
Logo of the Calgary Flames
$4,650,400$4,650,400
LD/RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the New York Rangers
$792,500$792,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
G
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 8, 2020 at 4:45 p.m.
My first guess is that both teams decline. Neither one of those moves would justify the return they are getting.
Trickster liked this.
Jan. 8, 2020 at 4:59 p.m.
Ethan
i disagree. Leafs get to bolster their defence and they get a solid backup goalie who has no place in the rangers lineup anymore. Also Kappy and Mango both have almost lost their spots to younger cheaper guys so they can flip them for assets
Jan. 8, 2020 at 5:10 p.m.
Quoting: ethanives
i disagree. Leafs get to bolster their defence and they get a solid backup goalie who has no place in the rangers lineup anymore. Also Kappy and Mango both have almost lost their spots to younger cheaper guys so they can flip them for assets

not only does georgiev have a great place in NYR's lineup if they choose to move the aging lundqvist, but you're fundamentally misunderstanding the fact that players still have value even if they are not valued in their current system. NYR having an excess in net doesn't mean their goaltenders are inherently less valuable. georgiev is still a 23 year old cost-controlled fringe starter with significant upside that is not arbitration eligible. there are teams in the league that will value him as their possible goalie of the future and will be willing to part with assets that reflect that. kapanen for georgiev is already far from the best package available for NYR, and that's even before including the pick downgrade.
Jan. 8, 2020 at 5:15 p.m.
All teams
I'm not very Kappy about trading away both of them.. :/
Jan. 8, 2020 at 5:21 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Sure, the Rangers have the three headed monster(s) in net but they might not resolve till the summer.
Don't know how the two trades makes the Leafs better this year.
They lose three regulars and only gain two. Georgeiv is good and might be a a long term # 1 for some team, but the fact is for March, April and the playoffs the Leafs will live or die with Andersson.
Brodie, this years version,, don't think the different between Ceci and Brodie is Johnsso. I'll argue that Ceci isn't the Leafs worse Dman but it's hard to argue against all the silly Ceci hate and how bad he been as a Leaf since July.
BC98 and Trickster liked this.
Jan. 8, 2020 at 5:31 p.m.
BC
Quoting: palhal
Sure, the Rangers have the three headed monster(s) in net but they might not resolve till the summer.
Don't know how the two trades makes the Leafs better this year.
They lose three regulars and only gain two. Georgeiv is good and might be a a long term # 1 for some team, but the fact is for March, April and the playoffs the Leafs will live or die with Andersson.
Brodie, this years version,, don't think the different between Ceci and Brodie is Johnsso. I'll argue that Ceci isn't the Leafs worse Dman but it's hard to argue against all the silly Ceci hate and how bad he been as a Leaf since July.

I cant see the Leafs changing there roster this much for a backup goalie. Definitely would like to have a goalie like Georgeiv but we have to realize that if Freddy goes down so does everything else. Adding another goalie isnt a bad idea but their is no need of paying this kind of price. Even if we find a goalie on waivers that has NHL experience.
Trickster liked this.
Jan. 8, 2020 at 5:34 p.m.
Quoting: grok
not only does georgiev have a great place in NYR's lineup if they choose to move the aging lundqvist, but you're fundamentally misunderstanding the fact that players still have value even if they are not valued in their current system. NYR having an excess in net doesn't mean their goaltenders are inherently less valuable. georgiev is still a 23 year old cost-controlled fringe starter with significant upside that is not arbitration eligible. there are teams in the league that will value him as their possible goalie of the future and will be willing to part with assets that reflect that. kapanen for georgiev is already far from the best package available for NYR, and that's even before including the pick downgrade.

Not to rain on your Georgiev parade, but he hasn't exactly forced the NYR's hand in forcing the organization to choose between him and Lundquist cause let's face it...the organization is pretty high on the young prospect goalie they just called up.

Is Georgiev a backup at the NHL level? Sure...
Has he pushed his way into being a starter? Not right now and there's not a huge indication of him being a future starter.

Leafs or other teams would be foolish to give up alot for a backup goalie.
Trickster liked this.
Jan. 8, 2020 at 5:36 p.m.
BC
I could also see codi ceci being moved for another bottom pairing dman. Obviously Toronto would have to sweeten the pot in order for a team to take the remaining 4.5 mill off their hands. I believe leafs management likes their team as is and will likley look to add veteran depth to the bottom 6 and bottom pairing Defence.
Jan. 8, 2020 at 5:37 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: brendanchisholm98
I cant see the Leafs changing there roster this much for a backup goalie. Definitely would like to have a goalie like Georgeiv but we have to realize that if Freddy goes down so does everything else. Adding another goalie isnt a bad idea but their is no need of paying this kind of price. Even if we find a goalie on waivers that has NHL experience.

You know why have an abundance of "at any cost " trades. Hutchinson has won his last three starts. So I don't know where the Leafs are going to find a better goalie on waivers, or acquire one at a reasonable price.
Same with all these Ceci trades. Moving Ceci and replacing him with worse Dman isn't the solution either. But in the CapFriendly world the Leafs are might be only team that have to pay outlandish prices for a teams 6 or 7 Dman or a third string goalie.
Now I would like to have Georgiev in a Leaf uniform but it might not happen till the summer if at all.
Trickster liked this.
Jan. 8, 2020 at 5:43 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Quoting: brendanchisholm98
I could also see codi ceci being moved for another bottom pairing dman. Obviously Toronto would have to sweeten the pot in order for a team to take the remaining 4.5 mill off their hands. I believe leafs management likes their team as is and will likley look to add veteran depth to the bottom 6 and bottom pairing Defence.

Well I might disagree with the Ceci logic. Leaf have already paid half or more of cap this year so is there a much of benefit trading just for cap purposes. Right now Ceci is needed on the PK....Leafs coaches don't want Barrie (or Reilly) on the ice in those situations. Even if you add a player to replace one , you just gotta hope the new player can adjust to the new system and his teammates.
In your post you made, I kinda like the Ottawa deal, but Leafs would be better to keep Ceci. Clifford and the few games that the Campbell would play don't mean all that much.
Trickster liked this.
Jan. 8, 2020 at 5:50 p.m.
BC
You know why have an abundance of "at any cost " trades. Hutchinson has won his last three starts. So I don't know where the Leafs are going to find a better goalie on waivers, or acquire one at a reasonable price.
Same with all these Ceci trades. Moving Ceci and replacing him with worse Dman isn't the solution either. But in the CapFriendly world the Leafs are might be only team that have to pay outlandish prices for a teams 6 or 7 Dman or a third string goalie.
Now I would like to have Georgiev in a Leaf uniform but it might not happen till the summer if at all.

I agree. What i ment by adding another waiver wire goalie with NHL experience has nothing to do with the player being better then Hutchinson and everything to do with depth. Im saying what if Hutchinson gets hurt? Another goalie with NHL experience in the organization wouldnt hurt. Also im fine with Ceci he seems to be doing fine however looking at it strategically i could see the leafs trying to move his money so they can add veteran depth in the bottom defence pairing as well as the bottom 6. Im not on the hate ceci train at all but moving him would make some sense from a cap/team managment management perspective
palhal and Trickster liked this.
Jan. 8, 2020 at 6:02 p.m.
hey look a squirrel
Both trades are over payments and Leafs would decline both.

Think about, 2 x top6 FWs, a bottom pair D man and prospect for backup goalie and another D man?

In what world would any NHL team make such a move? Not the Leafs.
oneX liked this.
Jan. 8, 2020 at 6:17 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Trevorchef
My first guess is that both teams decline. Neither one of those moves would justify the return they are getting.

Kapanen for a backup is an easy decline? You can not be serious
Jan. 8, 2020 at 8:00 p.m.
But in the CapFriendly world the Leafs are might be only team that have to pay outlandish prices for a teams 6 or 7 Dman or a third string goalie.

good to know leafs persecution syndrome is alive and well

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll