Forums/Armchair-GM

Offer sheet

Created by: Sebybbq17
Team: 2020-21 Tampa Bay Lightning
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 10, 2020
Published: Jan. 10, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I think that there a really good chance that one of cirelli or sergachev will get offer sheet this summer. With tampa situation team will likely take advantage of it.
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the VAN
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the DET
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the OTT
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the NSH
Logo of the NJD
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
Logo of the TBL
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
13$81,500,000$73,441,666$0$0$8,058,334
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning
$5,000,000$5,000,000
RW, C, LW
NTC
UFA - 4
$8,500,000$8,500,000
LW, C
NMC
UFA - 4
$9,500,000$9,500,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 7
$4,450,000$4,450,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 3
$6,750,000$6,750,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,166,666$5,166,666
C, LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 5
$1,650,000$1,650,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 1
$5,300,000$5,300,000
LW, RW
NTC
UFA - 2
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,875,000$7,875,000
LD
NMC
UFA - 5
$9,500,000$9,500,000
G
UFA - 8
$6,750,000$6,750,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 6
$1,300,000$1,300,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,700,000$1,700,000
LD
NTC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 11, 2020 at 5:53 a.m.
Lets go bolts!
I would laugh if Montreal attempts to offer sheet sergachev, considering how well that worked out last time.
Jan. 11, 2020 at 9:09 a.m.
Quoting: Hedman4Norris
I would laugh if Montreal attempts to offer sheet sergachev, considering how well that worked out last time.

Well last time they tried to take advantage of a team that doesn't like to spend and front loaded it with signing bonuses. Didn't work, but if Sergachev signed for a big number how on earth is Tampa going to match? They will have to offload some major assets.
Sebybbq17 liked this.
Jan. 11, 2020 at 9:43 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Hedman4Norris

And tampa bay would match that offer ?? And they would have 81 millions in salary for 14 players.
Jan. 11, 2020 at 5:20 p.m.
BOLT LOVER
Edited Jan. 11, 2020 at 5:28 p.m.
Because of Gourde contract.. Tampa is exposed to a front loaded RFA offer sheet for either Serg Cirelli or Cernek .. why I proposed trading Cernek now to get vets for playoffs rather than getting draft picks from offer sheet in Summer.

Cernek maybe sacrificial JT Miller lamb this year .. mostly because of Gourde
Sebybbq17 liked this.
Jan. 11, 2020 at 11:54 p.m.
Yeah, assuming any of those guys want to leave Tampa for likely a weaker team. More likely that the usual trend continues and Serg, Cirelli and Cernak take a little less to stay here on bridge deals. In 2 to 3 years when more cap space is likely available and other contracts can be moved then they'll get paid more. I could see Serg wanting a longer deal now and maybe JBB decides to go that route. Either way, I don't see these guys taking an offer sheet. Tampa either gets 1 of Gourde, TJ or Palat to waive, and if not then they trade Killorn and then start to make things work with the rfa's. It's a tight fit next year, but Tampa has made things work before and they'll have a solid roster to start next year as well.
Jan. 12, 2020 at 12:03 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: JTBF81
Yeah, assuming any of those guys want to leave Tampa for likely a weaker team. More likely that the usual trend continues and Serg, Cirelli and Cernak take a little less to stay here on bridge deals. In 2 to 3 years when more cap space is likely available and other contracts can be moved then they'll get paid more. I could see Serg wanting a longer deal now and maybe JBB decides to go that route. Either way, I don't see these guys taking an offer sheet. Tampa either gets 1 of Gourde, TJ or Palat to waive, and if not then they trade Killorn and then start to make things work with the rfa's. It's a tight fit next year, but Tampa has made things work before and they'll have a solid roster to start next year as well.

I like your enthousiasme but sergachev will be looking at provorov deal! With cernak and cirelli likely making 2 millions and 3 millions on short term deal. If a team offersheet sergachev i doubt he will refuse it. Players are playing for themselves and they want to get paid.
BOLTLOVER1 liked this.
Jan. 12, 2020 at 12:10 a.m.
You can doubt all you want, I'll stick with Tampa's track record of keeping their rfa's. Tampa will lock Serg up around 4.5 give or take on a 3 year bridge. He could get closer to 5 one long term deal but prolly the bridge.
Zwui21 liked this.
Jan. 12, 2020 at 12:32 a.m.
Banned
You can doubt all you want, I'll stick with Tampa's track record of keeping their rfa's. Tampa will lock Serg up around 4.5 give or take on a 3 year bridge. He could get closer to 5 one long term deal but prolly the bridge.

Again if you luck him on a 3 year deal werenski will be the comparable. 7 millions on three years deal. Maybe tampa will get him at 6 but there no way he will take less then that. He is on pace for 50 point this year. Comparable are all against you.
Jan. 12, 2020 at 4:22 a.m.
Lol 7 on a 3 year deal okay... Just because 1 or 2 guys were laughably overpaid doesn't mean Jack to how the lightning conduct business. The Bolts don't give their rfa's long term on their 2nd contract and the true comparable is McAvoy at 4.9. Sergachev likely takes a small amount less but in this ballpark is where the contract will line up. Werenski is also at 5 million a year on a 3 year deal. Serg at 4.5 is very reasonable given how Tampa deals with their rfa's. I've heard all this before, first how Tampa couldn't keep Stamkos, then how could they afford Kucherov, to Point is getting 9 or 10. Tampa makes it work every time and will this time as well. I expect to lose one of Killorn, TJ, Palat or Gourde and to see Shattenkirk and maybe Maroon leave as well, but Tampa has the depth to replace these losses and the team will be fine. Guys like Serg, Cirelli and Cernak are 3 key pieces to this team's long term success and JBB I believe realizes that and won't be losing them.
Zwui21 liked this.
Jan. 12, 2020 at 6:47 a.m.
BOLT LOVER
I'd you look at the RFA "short term deals" last year .. Mc Avoy maybe closest. although Mc Avoy had 1D minutes and some PP .. his 3 year AAV was still $5M .. Serg and Cirelli are going to cost more even on a "short term deal" .. say for argument it is $10M .. how is that going to happen cap wise and still fit Cernek? ..
Sebybbq17 liked this.
Jan. 12, 2020 at 8:18 a.m.
Quoting: BOLTLOVER1
I'd you look at the RFA "short term deals" last year .. Mc Avoy maybe closest. although Mc Avoy had 1D minutes and some PP .. his 3 year AAV was still $5M .. Serg and Cirelli are going to cost more even on a "short term deal" .. say for argument it is $10M .. how is that going to happen cap wise and still fit Cernek? ..

We've been asking ourself "How is Tampa gonna fit re-signing X and Y players under the cap this offseason?" And here we are, we always got out for the better of it.

I agree that this year will definitely be challenging, but our Front Office deserves confidence. We've been in many tight situations before and always came out on top. We'll get something figured out.
Hedman4Norris and JTBF81 liked this.
Jan. 12, 2020 at 8:28 a.m.
Lets go bolts!
Quoting: Zwui21
We've been asking ourself "How is Tampa gonna fit re-signing X and Y players under the cap this offseason?" And here we are, we always got out for the better of it.

I agree that this year will definitely be challenging, but our Front Office deserves confidence. We've been in many tight situations before and always came out on top. We'll get something figured out.

the question is who will we pawn off gourde onto? He is without a doubt the odd man out, atleast johnson can grab a return as well as palat. Insert "nOoOoO NtC OoOoO" comments tampa naturally ignores the rules and pull rabbits out of their hats, this mightest well be a pet store ran by a magician.
Jan. 12, 2020 at 12:08 p.m.
Banned
Lol 7 on a 3 year deal okay... Just because 1 or 2 guys were laughably overpaid doesn't mean Jack to how the lightning conduct business. The Bolts don't give their rfa's long term on their 2nd contract and the true comparable is McAvoy at 4.9. Sergachev likely takes a small amount less but in this ballpark is where the contract will line up. Werenski is also at 5 million a year on a 3 year deal. Serg at 4.5 is very reasonable given how Tampa deals with their rfa's. I've heard all this before, first how Tampa couldn't keep Stamkos, then how could they afford Kucherov, to Point is getting 9 or 10. Tampa makes it work every time and will this time as well. I expect to lose one of Killorn, TJ, Palat or Gourde and to see Shattenkirk and maybe Maroon leave as well, but Tampa has the depth to replace these losses and the team will be fine. Guys like Serg, Cirelli and Cernak are 3 key pieces to this team's long term success and JBB I believe realizes that and won't be losing them.

If these players received offersheet the Lightning accept or let him go. Is this to hard to understand. If a team offer 8 millions to sergachev he will accept. There not a players who will take a 3 millions discount just to make you feel good about yourself. And you have to sign at least 3 defenseman and 4 forward with 10 millions if the cap goes to 83. With cernak cirelli and sergachev who will probably cost more than 10 millions so stop living in a unicorn wonderland. If a players get a offer sheet they will get in trouble more then you can simply imagine. If someone offer sheet cirelli to 5X 6 millions you really thing he will simply decline that and said ok tampa i will take your offer of 2 X 3 millions and if you want i could bend on my knee and you can fk me real hard. There not a players last year that have taken a discount these players agent are real shark and they will get the maximum
Jan. 12, 2020 at 1:24 p.m.
Quoting: Sebybbq17
If these players received offersheet the Lightning accept or let him go. Is this to hard to understand. If a team offer 8 millions to sergachev he will accept. There not a players who will take a 3 millions discount just to make you feel good about yourself. And you have to sign at least 3 defenseman and 4 forward with 10 millions if the cap goes to 83. With cernak cirelli and sergachev who will probably cost more than 10 millions so stop living in a unicorn wonderland. If a players get a offer sheet they will get in trouble more then you can simply imagine. If someone offer sheet cirelli to 5X 6 millions you really thing he will simply decline that and said ok tampa i will take your offer of 2 X 3 millions and if you want i could bend on my knee and you can fk me real hard. There not a players last year that have taken a discount these players agent are real shark and they will get the maximum

Nah, I'd prefer living in reality, where the lightning have made their rfa contracts work and continue to ice a good and competitive team. Sorry that you don't seem to understand Tampa's internal organizational structure and approach, but please keep assuming Tampa can't get it done and that teams are going to offer sheet Serg and Cirelli for millions over market value. I don't believe I'm the one living in unicorn land here.
Jan. 12, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
Banned
Nah, I'd prefer living in reality, where the lightning have made their rfa contracts work and continue to ice a good and competitive team. Sorry that you don't seem to understand Tampa's internal organizational structure and approach, but please keep assuming Tampa can't get it done and that teams are going to offer sheet Serg and Cirelli for millions over market value. I don't believe I'm the one living in unicorn land here.

You totally are. Since tamapa can’t actually sign them to actual market. They have 10 players at lest to sign to fill their roster with only 10 millions if the cap goes up by 2 millions thats living in wondeland my friend
Jan. 12, 2020 at 1:47 p.m.
Sure, and since your supposed "market value" is all of a sudden 2-3 million more than actual, I'm sure that would be difficult. However this is Tampa, not Toronto, our GM doesn't overpay on almost every contract and still gets the players signed.
Jan. 12, 2020 at 6:19 p.m.
Quoting: Sebybbq17
So do you. No one asked you nothing here. And tampa bay will have to paid those player the money they are worth even if you think that your opinion have somethibg to do with it. There no players in tampa bay that have take less money. They have taken what the market was. For long term or bridge deal. Tampa bay is in a terrible position here and they are not in strength position as you seem to think. If someone offersheet sergachev or cirelli or cernak they will accept the deal
Since they don’t gave a shat about the Lightning. They are playing for the bank account. That the reality and the reality is that 10 millions for 10 players including those 3 is a problem that even brisebois can’t handle. You don’t quite get how salary cap work i think.

Oh so they'll just accept the deal, you mean like Point was going to right? Sure, keep spouting your uninformed opinions with no basis in fact or precedent in regards to Tampa and it's players. I'll stick with facts and what has actually happened with the franchise in the recent past. Again, you and so many others that continue to think Tampa can't make it work and will lose all these guys to offer sheets give all these supposed definites regarding contract value and what the Cap will be. When in fact Tampa has continued to make it work year after year and get their players to buy in and take the deals that make it work. Sure it's possible someone will buck that trend eventually, but where as us Tampa fans have put up with ppl like you over and over the past few years saying the same things re: this issue, real Tampa fans know how the team works. And when once again ppl like you complain about how unfair or how impossible it is Tampa gets it done, we just are like yeah, this is how the team works and the multiple examples and evidence of it is pretty clear. I've wasted enough time here, please keep shouting doom and gloom for Tampa and the cap, I'm sure one day you'll be correct.
Jan. 12, 2020 at 6:29 p.m.
Banned
Oh so they'll just accept the deal, you mean like Point was going to right? Sure, keep spouting your uninformed opinions with no basis in fact or precedent in regards to Tampa and it's players. I'll stick with facts and what has actually happened with the franchise in the recent past. Again, you and so many others that continue to think Tampa can't make it work and will lose all these guys to offer sheets give all these supposed definites regarding contract value and what the Cap will be. When in fact Tampa has continued to make it work year after year and get their players to buy in and take the deals that make it work. Sure it's possible someone will buck that trend eventually, but where as us Tampa fans have put up with ppl like you over and over the past few years saying the same things re: this issue, real Tampa fans know how the team works. And when once again ppl like you complain about how unfair or how impossible it is Tampa gets it done, we just are like yeah, this is how the team works and the multiple examples and evidence of it is pretty clear. I've wasted enough time here, please keep shouting doom and gloom for Tampa and the cap, I'm sure one day you'll be correct.

I am already right so i don’t care what you have said up there didn’t even read. They are doomed. Pis toi tes un fouille mierde

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll