SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

KassianTkachuk Anyone see that

Jan. 14, 2020 at 1:14 a.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
About what? I didn’t write the rules.

I love the way Tkachuk plays. He got the power play and screened the goalie for the game winner. You can’t sit here and cry foul when he gets his just deserts.

Thank ****ing god you didn't write the rules. Could you imagine that game if you did? Intent to injure? Malicious? Targetting? Dude, he hit the player with the puck. The 3 times he touched it. Wtf is targetting!? Are you only allowed to hit each player so many times? Are we even having this conversation? Wait till the BOA returns to the playoffs. We all know the intensity and hitting gets cranked way up in Playoff hockey. Or is that not allowed anymore either?
Jan. 14, 2020 at 6:08 a.m.
Tkachuk should've been suspended for getting beaten down in such a pathetic and embarrassing manner. Anyone remember the Nintendo game Blades of Steel? the loser of a fight would be the one to get the penalty! If Tkachuk fights back Kassian probably doesn't get suspended. How is that fair. The league just sent the message that a player can throw cheap shots on defenseless players and then get rewarded when that player retaliates. What a joke.
Copenhagen liked this.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 6:15 a.m.
Quoting: Tkachuckyyy
Wait wait wait. Was kassian not trying to injure tkachuk? How in the hell is that any different. You seem a little hypocritical there. Tkachuk lays 3 body checks, which are legal in hockey. Borderline, sure. ? Illegal? No. Kassian drops his gloves and attacks him intentionally TRYING to injure him. Thats cool though cause he got laid out so it must be justified right? Losers.

I think the hit directly preceding Kassian's retaliation should've resulted in a 2 min. charging penalty. It was close though. If he had thrown that check on McDavid the league would've responded quite differently. At least Tkachuk is an equal opportunity offender. He usually doesn't shy away from confrontation.

Marchand targets vulnerable players with blatant cheap shots. The elbow on Marcus Johansson a couple years ago should have earned him a 20 game ban. He got 5 games.
Tkachuckyyy liked this.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 7:50 a.m.
Quoting: moli92
Maybe if Kassian didnt throw cheapshot punches at Tkachuk and actually gave him time to turn around and drop his gloves there couldve been a real fight.

Nope. Tkachik said after the game that he wouldn't / won't fight Kassian.
GenXHockey liked this.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 7:55 a.m.
That player was Mcdavid and of you think for one second kassian is going to let Tkachuk go after him you’re crazy.

I am going to be completely honest here. You sound like someone who has never played hockey. You coast. 1...2...3... brace and coast. You also keep your feet on the ice (3rd period hit). The panel is made up of boobs. But they did say it was charging. And yes the refs did not call the hits... just like that wasn’t a goal against Tampa right? They couldn’t be wrong.

First hit was charging, a head shot and could be construed as intent to injure. The second boarding. The third was charging again. Tkachuk was lucky to get away with all 3 but you aren’t going to get away from kassian. Tkachuk was targeting him all night with malicious hits. He got what he got. I would hope the league doesn’t had anything to stiff down to kassian. To be honest I wish they would do something about Tkachuk before he he gets hurt.

Well put. If the refs had called any of the previous hits I don't think this would have happened. It's on the league for not protecting players from dangerous hits to the head, Kassian stood up for himself and now has to pay the piper.
GenXHockey liked this.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 3:18 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
No the problem is that hitting is slowly being removed from hockey and the minute a hit is thrown everyone throws their hands in the air and freaks the **** out and picks it apart. Oh well he was skating below the goal line. Wtf does that have to do with anything!? Keep your ***ing head up. The dude got exposed. It's not difficult to see that there wasn't anything wrong with the hits. If it was womens hockey. Yeah obviously. But hitting IS still allowed in the NHL. Kassian is supposed to be one of the tougher guys in the league. I dont understand why he is crying because he got caught multiple times with his head down. And because he was getting embarassed why the hell does that justify his right to go beast mode? Lucic got laid the f*** out in the mtl game tonight. Guess what, he didn't go attack anyone. He shook it off and got the hell up. Everyone is saying tkachuk was targetting kassian ... give your f***ing a head a shake. Thats the point of the game. Stop the guy with the puck, which can include hitting him . And don't give me this bull**** about oh it was charging or it was head contact blah blah blah. Really? because the refs were right there and had multiple chances and angles to call a penalty. But again, hitting IS legal. Head shots can be reviewed by the DOPS. Wierd. Nothing. No , actually not wierd at all. I don't give a **** if your an oilers or flames fan and it has nothing to do with me being a flames fan either. The hits were clean, within the rules. Kassian was just getting dunked on and couldn't handle it.

You are completely entitled to your opinion. I do think it is completely biased by your team support. Kassian was smiling afterwords and certainly wasn’t crying about anything. He just wished tkachuk wasn’t such a pu$$y and would have went toe to toe with him. Which is part of the game as well. The only ones crying foul are fans going after kassian for doing the inevitable. You want old time hits be ready for old time retribution. They go hand in hand.
CD282 liked this.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 3:25 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: CD282
Well put. If the refs had called any of the previous hits I don't think this would have happened. It's on the league for not protecting players from dangerous hits to the head, Kassian stood up for himself and now has to pay the piper.

You won’t get through to this tkachukyyy guy. He is a complete homer. Being a flames and leafs fan I’ve never defended stupid decisions by Tkachuk or Kadri. Both great players and both very abrasive. I have never had to defend Kadri for turtling though. He knows when it’s time to pay the piper and he takes his licks.
CD282 liked this.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 4:43 p.m.
Quoting: Brian2016
Tkachuk should've been suspended for getting beaten down in such a pathetic and embarrassing manner. Anyone remember the Nintendo game Blades of Steel? the loser of a fight would be the one to get the penalty! If Tkachuk fights back Kassian probably doesn't get suspended. How is that fair. The league just sent the message that a player can throw cheap shots on defenseless players and then get rewarded when that player retaliates. What a joke.

LOL awesome. Love it
Jan. 14, 2020 at 4:46 p.m.
You won’t get through to this tkachukyyy guy. He is a complete homer. Being a flames and leafs fan I’ve never defended stupid decisions by Tkachuk or Kadri. Both great players and both very abrasive. I have never had to defend Kadri for turtling though. He knows when it’s time to pay the piper and he takes his licks.

What @Tkachuckyyy Doesnt understand about hockey. If Tkachuk wasnt head hunting, what was he doing in that area of the ice. Wingers are supposed to cover the D, The D are by the blueline, not behind the net. But someone who never played hockey before will never understand positioning.
GenXHockey liked this.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 4:54 p.m.

Both players made cheapshots. Tkachuk made a questionable hit but Kassian also threw a bunch of cheapshots during their "fight". You cant consider Tkachuk's hits as 'cheapshots on a defenseless player' if you dont also consider Kassian's punches at Tkachuk as cheapshots. Both players are in the wrong, but Kassian went overboard with his retaliation and got penalized for it
Copenhagen and GenXHockey liked this.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 5:24 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Both players made cheapshots. Tkachuk made a questionable hit but Kassian also threw a bunch of cheapshots during their "fight". You cant consider Tkachuk's hits as 'cheapshots on a defenseless player' if you dont also consider Kassian's punches at Tkachuk as cheapshots. Both players are in the wrong, but Kassian went overboard with his retaliation and got penalized for it

I agree. I wouldn’t call them cheap shots from kassian. More of a “that’s what you get” as I have said all along in this thread. Tkachuk did his job and kassian did his.
UpsideDownQue liked this.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 6:50 p.m.

Tkachuk was only "defenseless" b/c he refused to defend himself. Like I said, if Tkachuk fights back Kassian doesn't get suspended. Also, I wouldn't consider a hit a cheap shot unless the player was blindsided. Tkachuk wasn't blindsided. He had to know it was coming. He simply made a choice, probably a smart choice in hindsight, to take a beatdown for the team and get a PP. It worked.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 11:37 p.m.
Tkachuk was only "defenseless" b/c he refused to defend himself. Like I said, if Tkachuk fights back Kassian doesn't get suspended. Also, I wouldn't consider a hit a cheap shot unless the player was blindsided. Tkachuk wasn't blindsided. He had to know it was coming. He simply made a choice, probably a smart choice in hindsight, to take a beatdown for the team and get a PP. It worked.

Kassian was throwing punches when Tkachuk wasn't even facing him and still had his gloves on. That seems pretty defenseless to me. Tkachuk has the right to not fight if he doesn't want to, even if people call him names for it. You can't force people to fight or else you'd have players skating up to players like mcdavid and dropping their gloves just to take him off the ice for 5+ mins
Tkachuckyyy liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 7:38 p.m.
Quoting: Copenhagen
What @Tkachuckyyy Doesnt understand about hockey. If Tkachuk wasnt head hunting, what was he doing in that area of the ice. Wingers are supposed to cover the D, The D are by the blueline, not behind the net. But someone who never played hockey before will never understand positioning.

LMAO. Leafs & Flames Fan hey ?
Jan. 17, 2020 at 7:46 p.m.
You are completely entitled to your opinion. I do think it is completely biased by your team support. Kassian was smiling afterwords and certainly wasn’t crying about anything. He just wished tkachuk wasn’t such a pu$$y and would have went toe to toe with him. Which is part of the game as well. The only ones crying foul are fans going after kassian for doing the inevitable. You want old time hits be ready for old time retribution. They go hand in hand.

Exactly why Lucic and Rinaldo are on the team and will be playing their "role" next game. Do you think Mcdavid would have fought leddy when he blew his face up? c'mon now.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 7:52 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Exactly why Lucic and Rinaldo are on the team and will be playing their "role" next game. Do you think Mcdavid would have fought leddy when he blew his face up? c'mon now.

Yes because abrasive is the first thing that comes to mind when I think of Mcdavid.

Neither Lucic or Rinaldo are doctors.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 7:55 p.m.

They were playing last game "Lucic and RInaldo" They must have been having a nap at that time. Nurse, Khaira and Kassian are going to pound the #$%^ out of Tkachuk, Rinaldo and Lucic
Jan. 17, 2020 at 7:57 p.m.
They were playing last game "Lucic and RInaldo" They must have been having a nap at that time. Nurse, Khaira and Kassian are going to pound the #$%^ out of Tkachuk, Rinaldo and Lucic

Please, you claim me of not knowing hockey? The whole point of Chucky not fighting was to get the PP and win the game. Exactly why no one fought with the lead. common sense aint so common
Jan. 17, 2020 at 8:34 p.m.
Please, you claim me of not knowing hockey? The whole point of Chucky not fighting was to get the PP and win the game. Exactly why no one fought with the lead. common sense aint so common

Turtle did not fight because that is the kind of player he is. nothing more, nothing less. Why wasnt it a 5 and a game, there shoud have been an instigator in which the oilers killed the first penalty off. Dont over think this
Jan. 17, 2020 at 9:12 p.m.

Thats a very old-school idea of positioning. today all the positions are more fluid and different positions will cover for each other. ex: if a winger is the first forward back to his own end during a back check he isnt going to stop at the boards and wait to cover the opponents D man, he is going to act as the tradional 'centerman' and cover the front of the net or wherever the opponents open man is.
Tkachuckyyy liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 9:37 p.m.
Thats a very old-school idea of positioning. today all the positions are more fluid and different positions will cover for each other. ex: if a winger is the first forward back to his own end during a back check he isnt going to stop at the boards and wait to cover the opponents D man, he is going to act as the tradional 'centerman' and cover the front of the net or wherever the opponents open man is.

Yah or the winger can stop and watch where the forward is waiting waiting waiting and run at him, taking himself way out of position behind the net.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 9:42 p.m.
Yah or the winger can stop and watch where the forward is waiting waiting waiting and run at him, taking himself way out of position behind the net.

well if he makes the hit and creates a turnover then thats worth getting "out of position" dont you think?
Jan. 17, 2020 at 11:48 p.m.
CFGM Game Moderator
I'm just happy that neither EDM or VAN had the common sense to draft Tkachuk at 4 or 5.

Thankfully Puljujarvi is pouting over in Finland while Juolevi is toiling away in the AHL.
All the while, the guy they both passed on has been making a major impact at the NHL level since day 1.

Gotta be able to not only ask yourself, but be honest with yourself....IF the Oilers had taken Tkachuk at #4 and he was having the same kind of impact on other teams as he is now, would you still look at him in the same negative manner?
All events playing out the same way except Tkachuk is an Oiler and he lays those same hits on Lucic (Flames) and then refuses to engage in a fight, how would you feel about him then?

Jealousy is such an ugly mistress.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 11:58 p.m.
well if he makes the hit and creates a turnover then thats worth getting "out of position" dont you think?

out of position for a hit, nope definitely not
Jan. 17, 2020 at 11:59 p.m.
Quoting: flamesfan419
I'm just happy that neither EDM or VAN had the common sense to draft Tkachuk at 4 or 5.

Thankfully Puljujarvi is pouting over in Finland while Juolevi is toiling away in the AHL.
All the while, the guy they both passed on has been making a major impact at the NHL level since day 1.

Gotta be able to not only ask yourself, but be honest with yourself....IF the Oilers had taken Tkachuk at #4 and he was having the same kind of impact on other teams as he is now, would you still look at him in the same negative manner?
All events playing out the same way except Tkachuk is an Oiler and he lays those same hits on Lucic (Flames) and then refuses to engage in a fight, how would you feel about him then?

Jealousy is such an ugly mistress.

yes it is, would love to have tkachuk on my team, if oilers would have taken him, calgary would have taken poolparty, but who knows he might of liked calgary and been developed better and been better than tkachuk. ughhhh oilers handled him poorly
flamesfan419 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll