SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL

KassianTkachuk Anyone see that

Jan. 18, 2020 at 11:26 a.m.
Quoting: Copenhagen
out of position for a hit, nope definitely not

So instead of creating a turnover and getting your team the puck, a player should just stay where they are and let the other team keep it? All hits will result in a player out of position if the hit misses, but sometimes it's worth the risk since it usually creates a turnover if you make contact. If taking a risk like that wasn't worth it then there would be no hitting
Jan. 18, 2020 at 6:08 p.m.
Quoting: moli92
So instead of creating a turnover and getting your team the puck, a player should just stay where they are and let the other team keep it? All hits will result in a player out of position if the hit misses, but sometimes it's worth the risk since it usually creates a turnover if you make contact. If taking a risk like that wasn't worth it then there would be no hitting

Yup, why don’t you think people don’t hit on the pk pp. because it’s a dangerous high risk play.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 6:24 p.m.
Yup, why don’t you think people don’t hit on the pk pp. because it’s a dangerous high risk play.

That's the point... You get rewarded for successful hits, so if Tkachuk sees someone with their head down then he knows it's a risk worth taking to go for the hit to create a turnover.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 6:31 p.m.
That's the point... You get rewarded for successful hits, so if Tkachuk sees someone with their head down then he knows it's a risk worth taking to go for the hit to create a turnover.

Its a team game, not individual game, you play your position. Otherwise you would be playing like the oilers for the past 10 years and look where that has got them
Jan. 18, 2020 at 6:45 p.m.
Its a team game, not individual game, you play your position. Otherwise you would be playing like the oilers for the past 10 years and look where that has got them

what? players make hits to create turnovers for their team... How can you criticize a player for being "out of position" if they take the puck away from the other team and get their team control?
Jan. 18, 2020 at 6:59 p.m.
what? players make hits to create turnovers for their team... How can you criticize a player for being "out of position" if they take the puck away from the other team and get their team control?

Sorry, I like my players to play position, whether its man or zone, the center and 2 D had the dangerous goal score Kassian in full control. There is no reason why Tkachuk went that far down bellow the goal line to make a hit, what if Tkachuk got knocked down by Kassian during that hit, than you have 2 guys wide open....... Obviously we are in total oppisite opinion on how hockey should be played, you like your players to go all over the ice out of position and I like mine to play as a team and in position, you like chances, I dont... We will leave it at that young man as this is going nowhere

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll