SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

RASMUS SANDIN HAS BEEN CALLED UP TO SAVE THE MAPLE LEAFS

Jan. 13, 2020 at 12:55 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Rasmus Sandin is the best defensive prospect in the last 25 years and now he will leave his mark on the greatest team in NHL history. There is little doubt that Sandin's contributions from now until the end of the season will propel the Maple Leafs all the way to the Cup Finals where he will score the cup-winning goal. My only question is if there is enough time left in the season for him to steal the Calder Trophy. My thought is yes, this guy will pass Hughes and Makar for the Rookie of the Year.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 12:56 p.m.
He’s going to be good. He’s not the best dman prospect in the last 25 years maybe for the leafs yea.
Lets Go Blues
@TMLSage Saved you the effort today tears of joy
wojme, hanson493, tomato43 and 5 others liked this.
KFTW
Greatest team in NHL history... to not make the 2nd round
Jan. 13, 2020 at 12:58 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: csick

repent
cae91eab4844649eb32f821113f4dd1e.jpg
WhereArtTLuongo and STLBlues17 liked this.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:09 p.m.
I like Sandin, he will be good, rookie of the year is beyond a stretch
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:13 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
Quoting: Boomer125
I like Sandin, he will be good, rookie of the year is beyond a stretch

I'm just having some fun. Do y'all not see the hyperbolic posts in all-caps every day about the Leafs? Is that just me?
hanson493, LicMysak, Gronk and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:15 p.m.
tomato
10/10. Would read again.
hanson493 and ThomasChaney liked this.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:16 p.m.
torontos finest
Quoting: A_K
I'm just having some fun. Do y'all not see the hyperbolic posts in all-caps every day about the Leafs? Is that just me?

it's always just that one kid.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:18 p.m.
and so goes one year for nothing....

nice TMLjester impression......
Gronk liked this.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:18 p.m.
Quoting: mondo

he tagged him in one of the replies lol.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:22 p.m.
Banned

What a novel idea, fans of a franchise are excited about a highly touted player on their team. Imagine if there was a place they could go and talk about it. You may be asking, "hey wait, this is a site that can happen." Well not when you are a Leaf fan because its not allowed. @TMLSage never goes out of his way to insult anyone, is an energetic person who happens to be a huge fan of the Maple Leafs. Imagine the depth of insecurity one has to go out of his way to make fun of someone for being a fan of a different franchise so they can feel superior to a person they have never met and likely will never meet. This post is really disappointing.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:23 p.m.
Banned

And who cares, whats he guilty of? Being a homer? 90% of the people on here are homers. He's a positive and delightful individual. I think anyone who goes out of their way to single out one person on this site is a spiteful little troll.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:25 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: csick

Text book Leafs fan up there...
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:29 p.m.
V5 PHI GM and BOG
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
What a novel idea, fans of a franchise are excited about a highly touted player on their team. Imagine if there was a place they could go and talk about it. You may be asking, "hey wait, this is a site that can happen." Well not when you are a Leaf fan because its not allowed. @TMLSage never goes out of his way to insult anyone, is an energetic person who happens to be a huge fan of the Maple Leafs. Imagine the depth of insecurity one has to go out of his way to make fun of someone for being a fan of a different franchise so they can feel superior to a person they have never met and likely will never meet. This post is really disappointing.

@TMLSage burner exposed
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:30 p.m.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:31 p.m.
torontos finest
And who cares, whats he guilty of? Being a homer? 90% of the people on here are homers. He's a positive and delightful individual. I think anyone who goes out of their way to single out one person on this site is a spiteful little troll.

it's kind of annoying.

Well to be honest, it's more annoying that people constantly respond to the topic saying it's annoying. But annoying nonetheless.
hanson493 liked this.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:34 p.m.
He was very sheltered in his first 6 games. They're not even sure if he's NHL ready yet. Only giving him another test just yet for a few games. Yes he will be very good. But pump the brakes dude you're making us all (leafs fans) look bad here
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:37 p.m.

Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Its okay mr/mrs leafs fan. you still arent going to make the second round. You can wait 3 months before imploding on society.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:38 p.m.
Lets Go Blues
it's kind of annoying.

Well to be honest, it's more annoying that people constantly respond to the topic saying it's annoying. But annoying nonetheless.

annoyinception

*drumming intensifies*
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:41 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: Gronk
@TMLSage burner exposed

Nah, I just like the kid. He's a happy fan and there is nothing wrong with that.
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:46 p.m.
Banned
it's kind of annoying.

You know whats annoying, when someone offers a #4 defenceman who is 30 and has never been anything beyond a #4 defenceman for Nylander. When Leaf fans say, "No, Nylander is worth way more." and immediately some troll makes post with a title "What Leaf fans thing their players are worth" and then trade Gauthier for McDavid. That is annoying, its stupid and ridiculous. A fan being a fan and never attacking anyone, isn't annoying, if it does annoy you, just ignore it. I find stuff like this petty and needless, why is it okay to make someone feel bad for enjoying his favourite teams success. Sure he's a homer, but who cares, he comes on here to talk to Leaf fans in a positive way. That is far more enjoyable than that Laudon guy who comes on here as "A Leafs Fan" and just insults the team and anyone who thinks things are good. Go after that guy. Not someone who's crime is being happy and enjoying the teams success.
TMLSage liked this.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 1:46 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: hanson493
Someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning. Its okay mr/mrs leafs fan. you still arent going to make the second round. You can wait 3 months before imploding on society.

Cool
Jan. 13, 2020 at 8:41 p.m.
GM - Canucks
Edited Jan. 13, 2020 at 8:52 p.m.
@TMLSage Saved you the effort today tears of joy

A.K. Great read and you made alot of very valid points. You are 100% correct that the Sandman has been called up to save the Maple Leafs season because of the team's loss of their No. 1 defenceman in Morgan Rielly for 2 months and their No. 2 defenceman in Jake Muzzen for another month. I have gone on record to call him the best defenceman not playing in the NHL and his voting as top defenceman in the recent World Junior Championships and his stellar play in the American Hockey League for the last year and a half give him all the attributes to walk in and get the job done on the Leafs and save them until Rielly and Muzzen return. You are 100% correct that he is the best Leafs defence prospect in the last 25 years and actually the best Leafs defence prospect since Borge Salming.

You are also correct that this Maple Leafs team with Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Rielly and Anderson will go down in history as a great team in NHL after all these players hit their peak years in a few years and win a number of Stanley Cups. I know you are a believer like Lauden so we all just need to stay patient and not get ahead of our selfs with these young guys. I hope you also understand that Pietrangelo will also be joining the Leafs as a UFA after this season to join this great team as he is very connected to some of the players on the team and the City of Toronto and if you read between the lines you will notice that team has positioned the capspace to go after him.

I also agree that Sandin's efforts may propel the Leafs to the Cup Finals this year because they are adding another potential 1rst or 2nd pairing defenceman who has already won a Calder Cup in his rookie AHL season to the team and reminds me of the impact that Bobby Orr had on transforming the Bruins into winners over-night. Not sure if he will score the winning Stanley Cup goal like Bobby Orr against the St.Louis Blues.

You raise a good question of whether he can win the Calder Trophy but the Sandman is a more of a team player and really wants a Stanley Cup instead. He will make it a 3 man race for rookie of year but not sure he can move ahead of Hughes and Makar with him starting so late in the season. No, I think his impact will be more like Ken Dryden who came on the scene late in the season for the Canadiens and then helped the team win the Stanley Cup after only playing a few games during the regular season.

Wondering if you would be interested in joining me to fly out to Toronto to watch some games in the Stanley Cup Final this June either at the Scotia Bank Arena. I am comming from out from the Westcoast and was planning to see if Lauden can help me out through his connections to get some tickets for the Stanley Cup Finals in the actual areana. If not, I am sure that Lauden can help get us into the outside CN Plaza to watch the Stanley Cup final games on the big screen with alot of the real true Leaf fans like me. It will be just like watching the Raptors in NBA finals at Jurassic park for atmosphere. You do realize that we will have to line up for probably 2 days to even get into the CN Plaza to watch the Leafs in the Stanley Cup Finals and we will also probably want to stay around a few extra days for the Stanley Cup Parade which will be a massive celebration which will be 3 times bigger than the Raptors Parade after winning the NBA Finals last year.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 8:47 p.m.
GM - Canucks

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll