SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

RASMUS SANDIN HAS BEEN CALLED UP TO SAVE THE MAPLE LEAFS

Jan. 13, 2020 at 9:54 p.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer

TML. I by read your above, I now realize why there is a shortage of legal marijuana in Toronto. You've purchased it all.
Jan. 13, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: TMLSage
A.K. Great read and you made alot of very valid points. You are 100% correct that the Sandman has been called up to save the Maple Leafs season because of the team's loss of their No. 1 defenceman in Morgan Rielly for 2 months and their No. 2 defenceman in Jake Muzzen for another month. I have gone on record to call him the best defenceman not playing in the NHL and his voting as top defenceman in the recent World Junior Championships and his stellar play in the American Hockey League for the last year and a half give him all the attributes to walk in and get the job done on the Leafs and save them until Rielly and Muzzen return. You are 100% correct that he is the best Leafs defence prospect in the last 25 years and actually the best Leafs defence prospect since Borge Salming.

You are also correct that this Maple Leafs team with Matthews, Tavares, Marner, Nylander, Rielly and Anderson will go down in history as a great team in NHL after all these players hit their peak years in a few years and win a number of Stanley Cups. I know you are a believer like Lauden so we all just need to stay patient and not get ahead of our selfs with these young guys. I hope you also understand that Pietrangelo will also be joining the Leafs as a UFA after this season to join this great team as he is very connected to some of the players on the team and the City of Toronto and if you read between the lines you will notice that team has positioned the capspace to go after him.

I also agree that Sandin's efforts may propel the Leafs to the Cup Finals this year because they are adding another potential 1rst or 2nd pairing defenceman who has already won a Calder Cup in his rookie AHL season to the team and reminds me of the impact that Bobby Orr had on transforming the Bruins into winners over-night. Not sure if he will score the winning Stanley Cup goal like Bobby Orr against the St.Louis Blues.

You raise a good question of whether he can win the Calder Trophy but the Sandman is a more of a team player and really wants a Stanley Cup instead. He will make it a 3 man race for rookie of year but not sure he can move ahead of Hughes and Makar with him starting so late in the season. No, I think his impact will be more like Ken Dryden who came on the scene late in the season for the Canadiens and then helped the team win the Stanley Cup after only playing a few games during the regular season.

Wondering if you would be interested in joining me to fly out to Toronto to watch some games in the Stanley Cup Final this June either at the Scotia Bank Arena. I am comming from out from the Westcoast and was planning to see if Lauden can help me out through his connections to get some tickets for the Stanley Cup Finals in the actual areana. If not, I am sure that Lauden can help get us into the outside CN Plaza to watch the Stanley Cup final games on the big screen with alot of the real true Leaf fans like me. It will be just like watching the Raptors in NBA finals at Jurassic park for atmosphere. You do realize that we will have to line up for probably 2 days to even get into the CN Plaza to watch the Leafs in the Stanley Cup Finals and we will also probably want to stay around a few extra days for the Stanley Cup Parade which will be a massive celebration which will be 3 times bigger than the Raptors Parade after winning the NBA Finals last year.

Nice
Jan. 13, 2020 at 11:30 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: palhal
TML. I by read your above, I now realize why there is a shortage of legal marijuana in Toronto. You've purchased it all.

Don't give him all the credit
Jan. 14, 2020 at 2:36 a.m.
Quoting: palhal

On the spot, tho the belief that weed is damaging your brains is wrong......

Quoting: TMLSage

Wondering if you would be interested in joining me to fly out to Toronto to watch some games in the Stanley Cup Final this June either at the Scotia Bank Arena. I am comming from out from the Westcoast and was planning to see if Lauden can help me out through his connections to get some tickets for the Stanley Cup Finals in the actual areana. If not, I am sure that Lauden can help get us into the outside CN Plaza to watch the Stanley Cup final games on the big screen with alot of the real true Leaf fans like me. It will be just like watching the Raptors in NBA finals at Jurassic park for atmosphere. You do realize that we will have to line up for probably 2 days to even get into the CN Plaza to watch the Leafs in the Stanley Cup Finals and we will also probably want to stay around a few extra days for the Stanley Cup Parade which will be a massive celebration which will be 3 times bigger than the Raptors Parade after winning the NBA Finals last year.

Sry honey, Im from Sweden, Europe ( while you are Canadian i guess your educational system let you know about it in opposite of US one ), so have fun in your one man bandwagon rolling thru all the way to Nathan Phillips Square. Nice to have another follower on this site who cant post without mentioning me tho, feels like having my own two gimps from Pulp Fiction......
tomato43 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll