SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Toronto Maple Leafs

WAS NICK ROBERTSON A HOME RUN DRAFT PICK BY LEAFS

Jan. 14, 2020 at 1:50 a.m.
Quoting: Copenhagen
You are wrong, Oilers farm team is successful and we still cant develop a fricken player

Lol I get it, but maybe they are just bad at drafting and developing. That said, how does yamamoto look?
Jan. 14, 2020 at 1:57 a.m.
Quoting: TooMalevolent
Lol I get it, but maybe they are just bad at drafting and developing. That said, how does yamamoto look?

He has looked great so far, every dog finds a bone, but he is a first round pick, so it should be easier with those
Jan. 14, 2020 at 2:24 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: hockeyfanatic05
lmao this guy is stupid. He claims the leafs are a powerhouse team, but when they lose he says they are injured, the flu, and players are enjoying the pools, golf, and relaxing. Its hilarious the excuses he brings up. He also only talks about the amount of goals they score, but ignores how many the leafs give up. If the leafs were such a powerhouse team, why is he only ignoring that part? hmmm.

I said the Leafs are a powerhouse team now under Sheldon Keefe as they have scored the most goals and have the best record in the National Hockey League for the last 23 games that Sheldon Keefe has been coaching which you seem to keep forgetting. Agree, they are giving up some goals but I think they have now improved their goals against to 12th in the entire NHL under games coached by Sheldon Keefe. Do you actually realize how good of a coach Sheldon Keefe really is????? Losing 1 game against Florida does not make or break a team in a long season and you seem to be overlly focussed on their last game and not seeing the big picture in your comments.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 2:35 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Edited Jan. 14, 2020 at 3:17 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Rosie glasses is a requirement for a Leafs fan....53 years without a cup....yeah, must have thick skin, overly positive about your team, overly aggressive towards other team's fans, and think your players are worth gold compared to every other team's players. smile

Not sure if you realize that the Toronto Maple Leafs have actually won the Stanley Cup last time I checked thirteen times which places them second behind the Montreal Canadiens. The team is one of the most storied franchises in NHL history and tends to have a very loyal and passionate fan base. I assume you may not live in Canada and have never watched a Leafs road game because if you did you would be watching it with half the arena cheering for the Leafs on one of their road games. Probably no different than being a Patriots fan in football, Red Sox or Yankees fan in baseball or Lakers fan in basketball.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 2:51 a.m.
Quoting: TMLSage
Not sure if you realize that the Toronto Maple Leafs have actually won the Stanley Cup last time I checked thirteen times which places them second behind the Montreal Canadiens. The team is one of the most storied franchises in NHL history and tends to have a very loyal and passionate fan base. I assume you may not live in Canada and have never watched a Leafs road game because if you did you would be watching it with half the arena cheering for the Leafs on one of their road games. Probably no different than being a Patriots fan in football, Red Sock or Yankies fan in baseball or Lakers fan in basketball.

I've actually gone to see the Leafs play at home multiple times guy. Also, Chicago has or close to the record (still going) for most sold out games in NHL history 22K tickets a game beating the Leafs under 20K seats that they haven't sold out not even close to Chicago...I believe the Pens have slightly more but Chicago has more tickets sold...point is, storied franchises with passionate loyal fanbases actually sellout games consecutively and look at the Hawks...missing the playoffs 3 years in a row but still sellout.

I'm also willing to bet you've never seen the Leafs win a cup...am I right?

Lastly, no not like the Patriots, Red Sox (not Sock) and Yankees (not Yankies)...all of those teams have won recent championships.
hockeyfanatic05 liked this.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 3:15 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Quoting: ChiHawk
I've actually gone to see the Leafs play at home multiple times guy. Also, Chicago has or close to the record (still going) for most sold out games in NHL history 22K tickets a game beating the Leafs under 20K seats that they haven't sold out not even close to Chicago...I believe the Pens have slightly more but Chicago has more tickets sold...point is, storied franchises with passionate loyal fanbases actually sellout games consecutively and look at the Hawks...missing the playoffs 3 years in a row but still sellout.

I'm also willing to bet you've never seen the Leafs win a cup...am I right?

Lastly, no not like the Patriots, Red Sox (not Sock) and Yankees (not Yankies)...all of those teams have won recent championships.

Great you have seen the Leafs play in Chicago multiple times and probably was a great atmosphere. But you should watch the Leafs play in Vancouver and head in early to watch the Leafs warm-up with 5,000 other Leafs fans for the warm up and then say 9,000 total Leafs fans for the actual game all wearing their Leafs jersey and you would be blown away.

Love to go to a Hawks game with that old organ playing the National anthems and the arena actually rocking before every game. Only thing better would have been watching the Hawks in the Old Chicago Stadium before it was demolished.

Great your selling out the arena and Leafs have been sold out for years. In fact, Leafs season ticket holder fans actually put in their will who is to inherit their tickets when they die.

I have seen the Leafs win a cup but it was on TV and do not remember much as a kid but remember watching Keon, Mahovlich (Big M), Armstrong (Chief), Bower, Horton, Baun, Kelly etc...... You need to understand that for years the only two NHL teams in Canada ware the Leafs and the Canadiens which explains why there are Leafs fans from coast to coast in Canada. Also, alot of Chicago, Boston, NewYork and Detroit fans in Canada for the same reason as only the 2 teams for years.

You know for me it is going to be alot more fun when the Leafs win their next Stanley Cup because I have been loyally waiting for alot of years and the celebration in going to be 3 times bigger that the Raptors celebration this year.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 6:19 a.m.
Just as the sun will rise, Leafs fans will make senseless ACGM's bragging about their team/prospects because they've had nothing else to be excited about in the last 53 years.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 7:42 a.m.
habs_fan
lmao leafs tears of joy
Jan. 14, 2020 at 8:05 a.m.
Banned
Edmonton is 17th in the league, vancouver is 13th, the other 3 are solid. Why didnt you mention when they played sabres multiple times, wings multiple times, rangers multiple times, and the wild. Quiet down youre making your fan base look bad..... So bent out of shape over a comment that wasn't directed towards you lmao

So they beat the teams they were supposed to. As well as good team. Only bad teams do that I guess. Weird take away. You are just a sour whiner.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 8:11 a.m.
Banned
Edmonton is 17th in the league, vancouver is 13th, the other 3 are solid. Why didnt you mention when they played sabres multiple times, wings multiple times, rangers multiple times, and the wild. Quiet down youre making your fan base look bad..... So bent out of shape over a comment that wasn't directed towards you lmao

Oh yeah and I forgot they pounded St Louis but they haven't done anything this year. Facts don't matter only you silly opinions
Jan. 14, 2020 at 8:15 a.m.
exo2769
I say have fun and get excited about your teams prospects. At the same time try to keep things in perspective. Just a few weeks ago MTL fans were literally comparing Caufield to Hart Trophy winners. Caufield laid a giant egg at WJC. That doesn't mean he won't be an outstanding NHL talent AND it also doesn't mean any prospect having a sub par week can't make the NHL either. Get excited, keep an eye on him. He could turn into a great NHLer one day. He's not there yet.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 9:33 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: PleaseBanMeForMyOwnGood
So they beat the teams they were supposed to. As well as good team. Only bad teams do that I guess. Weird take away. You are just a sour whiner.

Youre crying over me saying that they have played a cupcake schedule, which every team eventually has during the year lmao. Weird take away. You are just a sour whiner
Jan. 14, 2020 at 9:35 a.m.
Banned
Oh yeah and I forgot they pounded St Louis but they haven't done anything this year. Facts don't matter only you silly opinions

You are having a tough time understanding what a cupcake schedule is. Did I say they only played bad teams? No, I did not. Stop your crying and enjoy the wins against the sabres, wings, rangers, and wild, because once the playoffs come, we all know what happens to the Toronto maple laughs lmao
Jan. 14, 2020 at 9:37 a.m.
Banned
Youre crying over me saying that they have played a cupcake schedule, which every team eventually has during the year lmao. Weird take away. You are just a sour whiner

I am in fact, not crying, just pointing out how false your nonsense trolling is and you in fact are the getting mad and condescending. Get a hobby man, it seems that you need to find joy in your life.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 9:40 a.m.
Banned
You are having a tough time understanding what a cupcake schedule is. Did I say they only played bad teams? No, I did not. Stop your crying and enjoy the wins against the sabres, wings, rangers, and wild, because once the playoffs come, we all know what happens to the Toronto maple laughs lmao

Are you really laughing your a$$ off? I doubt it, you are probably stewing in front of your screen hoping that you get the last word because it's the only thing that makes you feel like you are important in any way. Tell you what friend, you win, all Leaf fans should just stop cheering for their team and go into the wilderness and live as hermits. Why? Because apparently us being fans of a different team than you is reason to cause you to get super annoyed and lash out. Definitely don't want to see that happen. You poor soul. I guess I should apologize, just so I can ensure that I don't offend you by disagreeing with anything else, are there any other triggers I should know about and stay clear of? I wouldn't want to further enrage you.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 9:40 a.m.
Banned
I am in fact, not crying, just pointing out how false your nonsense trolling is and you in fact are the getting mad and condescending. Get a hobby man, it seems that you need to find joy in your life.

Trolling because I said the leafs have had a cupcake schedule since babcock was fired? Makes sense. The penguins also had a cupcake stretch during this year too, does that still mean im trolling? Dont cry over a comment that wasn't even said to you lmao
Jan. 14, 2020 at 9:42 a.m.
Banned
Are you really laughing your a$$ off? I doubt it, you are probably stewing in front of your screen hoping that you get the last word because it's the only thing that makes you feel like you are important in any way. Tell you what friend, you win, all Leaf fans should just stop cheering for their team and go into the wilderness and live as hermits. Why? Because apparently us being fans of a different team than you is reason to cause you to get super annoyed and lash out. Definitely don't want to see that happen. You poor soul. I guess I should apologize, just so I can ensure that I don't offend you by disagreeing with anything else, are there any other triggers I should know about and stay clear of? I wouldn't want to further enrage you.

Super annoyed and lash out? lmao youre the one who is crying because I said the leafs have had a cupcake schedule, which every team has at some point. Get help
Jan. 14, 2020 at 9:45 a.m.
Banned
Trolling because I said the leafs have had a cupcake schedule since babcock was fired? Makes sense. The penguins also had a cupcake stretch during this year too, does that still mean im trolling? Dont cry over a comment that wasn't even said to you lmao

Teams the Pens have lost to this season.

Buffalo (Twice)
Winnipeg
Vegas
Florida (Twice)
Tampa
Edmonton
Boston
Rangers
Devils
Islanders (twice)
Columbus
St Louis
Montreal
San Jose

There are a lot of games in there are you are supposed to win but lost, perhaps chirping Leaf fans about beating the teams they are supposed to be is missing the mark just a little. That is what I am saying you're a goof, who chirps a team for winning. Apparently just you. Ya goof.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 9:47 a.m.
Banned
Teams the Pens have lost to this season.

Buffalo (Twice)
Winnipeg
Vegas
Florida (Twice)

There are a lot of games in there are you are supposed to win but lost, perhaps chirping Leaf fans about beating the teams they are supposed to be is missing the mark just a little. That is what I am saying you're a goof, who chirps a team for winning. Apparently just you. Ya goof.
Tampa
Edmonton
Boston
Rangers
Devils
Islanders (twice)
Columbus
St Louis
Montreal
San Jose

Ya goof, im not claiming the penguins are a powerhouse team, like the poster I originally commented to. Dont you think its a coincidence I said that to 1 specific person, and not any other leaf fan? hmmm sit back and think for a second and stop making yourself look stupid
Jan. 14, 2020 at 9:54 a.m.
Banned
Ya goof, im not claiming the penguins are a powerhouse team, like the poster I originally commented to. Dont you think its a coincidence I said that to 1 specific person, and not any other leaf fan? hmmm sit back and think for a second and stop making yourself look stupid

Oh I am not the one looking stupid, the guy that is piping mad yelling into his computer screen because a Team was winning against teams it was suppose to beat. What a joke.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 9:58 a.m.
Banned
Oh I am not the one looking stupid, the guy that is piping mad yelling into his computer screen because a Team was winning against teams it was suppose to beat. What a joke.

Yes, you are looking really stupid. If im a troll, why dont I say that about more teams or to more people? Or if I hate the leafs so much, why not troll their fans more? And my first comment, which had nothing to do with the title, why was it said to this specific person? hmmmmmm think about it ya goof. Or if im a troll, why did I say every team has a cupcake part of their schedule? hmmmm. You look stupid. Oh and im laughing, not yelling. You dont have that affect on people
Jan. 14, 2020 at 10:12 a.m.
Banned
Yes, you are looking really stupid. If im a troll, why dont I say that about more teams or to more people? Or if I hate the leafs so much, why not troll their fans more? And my first comment, which had nothing to do with the title, why was it said to this specific person? hmmmmmm think about it ya goof. Or if im a troll, why did I say every team has a cupcake part of their schedule? hmmmm. You look stupid. Oh and im laughing, not yelling. You dont have that affect on people

Not sure if you noticed but you came onto a post about the Leafs only to chirp the Leafs. What exactly is that if not trolling? Spoiler alert, its trolling and you're just a sad little goof.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 10:16 a.m.
Banned
Not sure if you noticed but you came onto a post about the Leafs only to chirp the Leafs. What exactly is that if not trolling? Spoiler alert, its trolling and you're just a sad little goof.

Guess im trolling every team then since every team has a part of their schedule where they play weak teams. Good thing is not all fans cry over it like you. Like I said, notice how I specified it to 1 person, not any other leaf fan. Crazy how nobody else took offense to it, other than you. hmmmmmmm go get help
Jan. 14, 2020 at 10:28 a.m.
Banned
Guess im trolling every team then since every team has a part of their schedule where they play weak teams. Good thing is not all fans cry over it like you. Like I said, notice how I specified it to 1 person, not any other leaf fan. Crazy how nobody else took offense to it, other than you. hmmmmmmm go get help

Cool story, whatever you need to tell yourself to make yourself sleep at night, I imagine dank bridges offer less than comfortable places to sleep.
Jan. 14, 2020 at 10:32 a.m.
Banned
Cool story, whatever you need to tell yourself to make yourself sleep at night, I imagine dank bridges offer less than comfortable places to sleep.

Funny how youre trying to personally attack me for zero reason lmao all because of the leafs cupcake schedule. Here how about this. The Toronto Maple Leafs are the only team in the NHL to not have any weak parts in their schedule. They are also the only team to play contenders for all 82 games. Better for you?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll