C
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$874,125$874,125
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD
UFA - 4
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 15, 2020 at 9:43 a.m.
bigZ
If we went to the playoffs with this lineup, i have total confidence this team can beat any team in a 7 game series. They are literally one JJ trade away from being an offensive, defensive, and goal tending juggernauts. Like it blows my mind. The penguins are essentially one of the best, if not the best defensive teams in the league (maybe dallas better) while playing JJ top pairing minutes, with crosby back they have two legit dangerous first lines, and two third lines, and two NHL caliber starting goalies not to mention one that has won them back to back cups as a rookie and the other who is having himself a breakout season. Just wow man. This team feels so special.
mhockey91 and Dan10900 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 9:53 a.m.
Quoting: bigZ98
If we went to the playoffs with this lineup, i have total confidence this team can beat any team in a 7 game series. They are literally one JJ trade away from being an offensive, defensive, and goal tending juggernauts. Like it blows my mind. The penguins are essentially one of the best, if not the best defensive teams in the league (maybe dallas better) while playing JJ top pairing minutes, with crosby back they have two legit dangerous first lines, and two third lines, and two NHL caliber starting goalies not to mention one that has won them back to back cups as a rookie and the other who is having himself a breakout season. Just wow man. This team feels so special.

And probably the best coach in the league this year, and they're extremely motivated
mhockey91 and bigZ98 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 9:53 a.m.

I agree bro. I had my doubts headed into this season and I’m glad to eat my words. I was so wrong about Rutherford and this team. This is a special group. Cheers to hoping we can get Jake back in the playoffs
bigZ98 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 10:01 a.m.
bigZ
Quoting: mhockey91
I agree bro. I had my doubts headed into this season and I’m glad to eat my words. I was so wrong about Rutherford and this team. This is a special group. Cheers to hoping we can get Jake back in the playoffs

You arent alone. I didnt count them out of the playoffs but did not think they would be this serious contenders. The comeback season of Malkin, Tanev becoming a cult hero on the team, Bryan Rusts breakout, John Marino's presence, JJ not being a total liability on defense every shift, McCann's so far consistent season, Hornqvists comeback season, Jarry becoming a starter out of no where. So many story lines on this team to like. Just amazing work by GMJR and HCMS. Both should be up for Jack Adams and GM of the year
mhockey91 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 10:13 a.m.
Banned
Its a shame Jake got hurt. This team would have been really fun to watch completely healthy.
The good thing is it will be back next year.
But they have a good as chance as any team. They have been starting to pull away from the muck of the metro. Which is good but they got a rough stretch coming up. I think they can play well during it.
If they can get a few games on WSH here they might even be able to slowly climb into 1st place.

Having said that I think this team really needs to get on the phone with Buffalo and do the Vesey trade.
Both players benefit. The penguins could use a big bodied fast winger with a decent skill set on a good cap hit. He will fit right in just like Tanev did.
Buffalo can get a shooter.
The penguins are really 1 RW away from making a really complete team. Hopefully they can find a fast guy with some term.
mhockey91 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 10:15 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: AFOX10900
And probably the best coach in the league this year, and they're extremely motivated

He finally changed his system. It took him long enough.
But he has to play NYI and WSH both teams that have had their number recently. Mainly due to Sully not changing. So we'll see on that.
mhockey91 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 10:15 a.m.
It's unfortunate that Sid was injured but it allowed the Tanev/Blue/ZAR line to grow through more minutes in both defensive and offensive scenarios. Same with Dumo and Schultz going down opening the door for Marino to play some big minutes and even for Riikola to get a more consistent role on defense. Everything happened this season to lead to a scenario where the Penguins can absolutely dominate the 2nd half of the year.
mhockey91 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 10:27 a.m.
Banned

Quoting: AFOX10900

Quoting: Blynasty
It's unfortunate that Sid was injured but it allowed the Tanev/Blue/ZAR line to grow through more minutes in both defensive and offensive scenarios. Same with Dumo and Schultz going down opening the door for Marino to play some big minutes and even for Riikola to get a more consistent role on defense. Everything happened this season to lead to a scenario where the Penguins can absolutely dominate the 2nd half of the year.

I remember at the start of the season people ruled the Penguins out of a playoff spot. Poor defense, poor goaltending and a washed up Geno who can’t play anymore. Not to mention the loss of Kessel. When Sid went out for 8 weeks, people had them winning the draft lottery. Man, what a turnaround it’s been. The guys who stepped up more than anyone were Jarry, Marino and Rust. The only thing they need to improve is their powerplay, but with Sid back, hopefully it becomes one of the best again. Teams are gonna struggle keeping up with the speed, skill and structure of this team. The only team I think Pittsburgh will fear is Boston.
mhockey91 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 10:51 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
Its a shame Jake got hurt. This team would have been really fun to watch completely healthy.
The good thing is it will be back next year.
But they have a good as chance as any team. They have been starting to pull away from the muck of the metro. Which is good but they got a rough stretch coming up. I think they can play well during it.
If they can get a few games on WSH here they might even be able to slowly climb into 1st place.

Having said that I think this team really needs to get on the phone with Buffalo and do the Vesey trade.
Both players benefit. The penguins could use a big bodied fast winger with a decent skill set on a good cap hit. He will fit right in just like Tanev did.
Buffalo can get a shooter.
The penguins are really 1 RW away from making a really complete team. Hopefully they can find a fast guy with some term.

Do you think there’s a chance Jake can come back at some point in the playoffs or do you think they’ll shut him down for the season?
Jan. 15, 2020 at 11:23 a.m.
Banned
Do you think there’s a chance Jake can come back at some point in the playoffs or do you think they’ll shut him down for the season?

If the Penguins need him, like they’re facing elimination in the Stanley Cup Finals or something like that and he’s been cleared, they might take the risk and play him. Other than that, I don’t see them doing it.
mhockey91 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 2:57 p.m.
Banned
He finally changed his system. It took him long enough.
But he has to play NYI and WSH both teams that have had their number recently. Mainly due to Sully not changing. So we'll see on that.

WHAT??? Sullivan didn't change his system. He has a roster that has bought into the system. SMH at ignorance.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 7:27 p.m.
Banned
Quoting: OldTimeHockeyFan
WHAT??? Sullivan didn't change his system. He has a roster that has bought into the system. SMH at ignorance.

you are clueless. His inability to change has led to the past 2 payoff ousters. Trots figured him out. He was unable to adjust and it led to 2 years of break aways going the other way as the rest of the league caught on.

He changed the system this year to prevent it, as the defense plays back more.
But that's fine and dandy and all. But his has shown no ability to adjust in the middle of a series. If he did, they wouldn't have lost to the Islanders in 4.
mhockey91 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 7:36 p.m.
Banned
you are clueless. His inability to change has led to the past 2 payoff ousters. Trots figured him out. He was unable to adjust and it led to 2 years of break aways going the other way as the rest of the league caught on.

But that's fine and dandy and all. But his has shown no ability to adjust in the middle of a series. If he did, they wouldn't have lost to the Islanders in 4.

Do you actually watch and follow the team or do you simulate Franchise mode on NHL 20 and make all your comments based off those results?
Jan. 15, 2020 at 7:52 p.m.
Banned

I think it's hard for anyone to really answer that. As far as I know, no one has said what the injury actually is.
We can only speculate.Is it a fracture, dislocation, tear. All we know is he underwent surgery and 4-6 months.
Depending on what the injury is, could be huge in the recovery process.
I'm guessing the damage was pretty sever. The reason why I say that is the new practice now is not to have surgery. They inject you with stem cells and let it heal.
That's for both tears and dislocations in the shoulder. Then again could be an AC issue,
The average heal time with stem cells is 3-4 months to return to sports. It's much faster than surgery and the rehab time is a lot less. Most people prefer to go that route.

So if you are going under the knife, you got to have some serious damage.
Most shoulder dislocations are 6-12 months till return to sport. Have long periods of restricted movement to help it heal and "tighten" up. between 4-8 weeks.

My guess is he won't be back. Based on the fact they gave him surgery.
They don't do that unless it's pretty bad.
mhockey91 liked this.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 7:54 p.m.
Banned
Do you actually watch and follow the team or do you simulate Franchise mode on NHL 20 and make all your comments based off those results?

you should rename yourself OldTimeTroll.

You are clearly clueless. Everyone knows Trots has his number and that he didn't change systems after winning 2 cups. He rode the same system for 4 years.
Try actually watching games instead of trolling your whole life.
Jan. 15, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
Banned
you should rename yourself OldTimeTroll.

You are clearly clueless. Everyone knows Trots has his number and that he didn't change systems after winning 2 cups. He rode the same system for 4 years.
Try actually watching games instead of trolling your whole life.

Do you just resort to name calling when you get pinned up against a wall every time you get called out for making asinine remarks? When you grow up and learn how to have an adult conversation and figure a way to absorb what others say and respond in a mature manner, I will gladly entertain your comments. Until then, I will just preserve my brain cells and refrain from engaging in any dialog with you. It's people like you that are damaging the integrity of this great site and the very reason why I was hesitant to even join this community. Been a longtime reader and avid hockey fan probably well before you were even born. You attack everyone who disagrees with you. That's a real life problem. Learn some respect youngin. You get what you give.
Jan. 16, 2020 at 2:31 a.m.
Banned
Do you just resort to name calling when you get pinned up against a wall every time you get called out for making asinine remarks? When you grow up and learn how to have an adult conversation and figure a way to absorb what others say and respond in a mature manner, I will gladly entertain your comments. Until then, I will just preserve my brain cells and refrain from engaging in any dialog with you. It's people like you that are damaging the integrity of this great site and the very reason why I was hesitant to even join this community. Been a longtime reader and avid hockey fan probably well before you were even born. You attack everyone who disagrees with you. That's a real life problem. Learn some respect youngin. You get what you give.

thats funny considering you started with the insults.
You should look in the mirror and ask yourself that.
Given your 28 posts, It's pretty clear you have had your account shut down before. So keep on trolling
Jan. 16, 2020 at 10:31 a.m.
Banned

Just ignore him man. He calls everyone a troll who disagrees with him. He called me a troll because I suggested to him that Mitch Marner is amongst the elite wingers in the NHL. You are absolutely correct. The Penguins are a force again because they have the players that suit the system Sullivan wants to play. They brought in guys like McCann, Tanev & Kahun who all fit the speed & intensity of his game. The Penguins’ most dangerous asset is their speed and puck possession ability. They have even more talent than the 2016 team plus we have seen other teams try to disrupt their system with a more heavy, grinding style but they simply can’t keep up. With the right players, that’s why we’re seeing a difference.
OldTimeHockeyFan liked this.
Jan. 16, 2020 at 3:15 p.m.
Banned
thats funny considering you started with the insults.
You should look in the mirror and ask yourself that.
Given your 28 posts, It's pretty clear you have had your account shut down before. So keep on trolling

reported and added to the ignore list
Jan. 16, 2020 at 5:15 p.m.
Banned
reported and added to the ignore list

LOL
can dish it but can't take.
Too funny.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option