Forums/Armchair-GM

What wait

Created by: HatterTParty
Team: 2019-20 Chicago Blackhawks
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 16, 2020
Published: Jan. 16, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Am I reading this right, cuz clearly I’ve lost track of time. Dach only has one goal (and point) in 27 GAMES!!!! I knew it was kinda rough, and I don’t expect much from him, but I never expected this.......
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the MTL
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
Logo of the CHI
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$54,821,686$0$7,665,000$26,678,314
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$10,500,000$10,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 4
$2,625,000$2,625,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 4
$778,333$778,333 (Performance Bonus$32,500$32K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$2,475,000$2M)
C
UFA - 1
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$1,500,000$1,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,500,000$2M)
C, RW
RFA - 3
$863,333$863,333 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RW, LW
RFA - 2
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
C
UFA - 2
$1,000,000$1,000,000
RW, C
UFA - 3
$750,000$750,000
LW, RW, C
UFA - 2
$775,833$775,833 (Performance Bonus$107,500$108K)
LW, RW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,538,462$5,538,462
LD
NMC
UFA - 4
$894,167$894,167 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
RFA - 3
$1,400,000$1,400,000
G
UFA - 1
$1,200,000$1,200,000
LD
UFA - 1
$3,850,000$3,850,000
RD
UFA - 3
$6,000,000$6,000,000
G
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$3,333,225$3,333,225
LD
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LD
UFA - 2
$925,000$925,000
LD/RD
UFA - 1
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$3,900,000$3,900,000
C, RW
UFA - 3
$6,875,000$6,875,000
RD
NMC
UFA - 5
$4,550,000$4,550,000
LD/RD
UFA - 3

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 16, 2020 at 4:19 p.m.
exo2769
Edited Jan. 16, 2020 at 4:29 p.m.
Wait, am I reading this right? You haven't had a negative comment about Dach since Saturday??? Must be a record. Some things are hard to believe! smile
HatterTParty, ChiHawk, Petrock83 and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 16, 2020 at 4:20 p.m.
Hes looked a lot better than his stats show. He's been figuring it out defensively and how to play the boards so he doesnt get slammed twice a game, and his hands have definitely been progressing as well. I think he's definitely going to produce a lot more next year once he learns how to put it all together. Remember he is still only 18 and everyone past him from the top 10 isnt even in the NHL yet
exo2769, ChiHawk and CFMan liked this.
Jan. 16, 2020 at 4:35 p.m.
Quoting: exo2769
Wait, am I reading this right? You have had a negative comment about Dach since Saturday??? Must be a record. Some things are hard to believe! smile

Quoting: SlickWilly
Hes looked a lot better than his stats show. He's been figuring it out defensively and how to play the boards so he doesnt get slammed twice a game, and his hands have definitely been progressing as well. I think he's definitely going to produce a lot more next year once he learns how to put it all together. Remember he is still only 18 and everyone past him from the top 10 isnt even in the NHL yet

Exo, honestly, your right. It is a record for me. I know this is a diss in of itself, but I watch this team and he’s kind of the after thought to me. I still don’t get it.

Willy, I have no doubt that he’s “learning” the defensive side of things. One thing I’ve noticed in his game, though, is that while he is learning what to do and when to do it, he’s still gotta get more jump to do it quicker. I hope your right that he finally produces next year, cuz this year, for the last month, he’s been with cat and strome (pre injury). I thought that would be easy points, but so far that’s ZERO on that line.

Before anyone posts their Hughes and kakko comparisons, remember two things. 1) Dach is not in a league with Hughes and Kakko (yet, if ever). 2) Hughes and kakko and are the devils and rangers problems, not ours. We have an entirely different problem in Dach. How do you get a guy to produce who’s playing with the players he is? Also, the rest of the top 10 may not be in the NHL currently, but don’t kid yourself into thinking Dach should be too. Dach should be in Saskatoon and playing at the world juniors.
Jan. 16, 2020 at 4:40 p.m.
Quoting: HatterTParty
Exo, honestly, your right. It is a record for me. I know this is a diss in of itself, but I watch this team and he’s kind of the after thought to me. I still don’t get it.

Willy, I have no doubt that he’s “learning” the defensive side of things. One thing I’ve noticed in his game, though, is that while he is learning what to do and when to do it, he’s still gotta get more jump to do it quicker. I hope your right that he finally produces next year, cuz this year, for the last month, he’s been with cat and strome (pre injury). I thought that would be easy points, but so far that’s ZERO on that line.

Before anyone posts their Hughes and kakko comparisons, remember two things. 1) Dach is not in a league with Hughes and Kakko (yet, if ever). 2) Hughes and kakko and are the devils and rangers problems, not ours. We have an entirely different problem in Dach. How do you get a guy to produce who’s playing with the players he is? Also, the rest of the top 10 may not be in the NHL currently, but don’t kid yourself into thinking Dach should be too. Dach should be in Saskatoon and playing at the world juniors.

I wouldnt call Dach a "problem." Debrincat has been snake bitten at even strength as well, only 4 goals 5v5 all season and 8 on the powerplay. Surely if he's scoring Dach has quite a few more points. Along with that, Kampf is flanking them, probably the second-least offensive player on the team behind carpenter. Sure it doesn't look great for Dach, but it isn't looking great for Debrincat at the moment either, and I don't see anyone freaking out over him. As long as he looks like he's playing fine and he isn't making game-breaking mistakes, this season is a big load of confidence and progress for him. Once he fills out in the summer and gets hella gains, dude is gonna be camped in front of the net scoring rebounds 30 plus times a year. He knows where to be on the ice to make goals happen, he just isn't quite strong enough yet. He will be fine
exo2769 liked this.
Jan. 16, 2020 at 4:42 p.m.
Kyle from Chicago
You’re right man, Dach is a bust!
HatterTParty liked this.
Jan. 16, 2020 at 4:53 p.m.
Quoting: SlickWilly
I wouldnt call Dach a "problem." Debrincat has been snake bitten at even strength as well, only 4 goals 5v5 all season and 8 on the powerplay. Surely if he's scoring Dach has quite a few more points. Along with that, Kampf is flanking them, probably the second-least offensive player on the team behind carpenter. Sure it doesn't look great for Dach, but it isn't looking great for Debrincat at the moment either, and I don't see anyone freaking out over him. As long as he looks like he's playing fine and he isn't making game-breaking mistakes, this season is a big load of confidence and progress for him. Once he fills out in the summer and gets hella gains, dude is gonna be camped in front of the net scoring rebounds 30 plus times a year. He knows where to be on the ice to make goals happen, he just isn't quite strong enough yet. He will be fine

Two things on debrincat. First, look at debrincat’s game stats over the last month. Yes, goals are a little few and far, but he is getting assists. There’s been plenty of games where cat and strome get 2 points a piece and Dach is nothing. Second, debrincat has had a 28 goal season and 40+ goal season to start his career. Key word is START. Cat has the luxury of some rope, not to mention the way he contributes offensively through assists and plenty of shots. Dach doesn’t.

Maybe he does fill out over the summer, I hope you are right. I’d love to be wrong about him so bad. Cuz a lot of jobs and the future of a franchise hinges on who Was chosen to lead the way. I think 30 goals a year is a little like me calling him a bust though, in that we haven’t seen enough evidence to claim that. Boy I hope I’m wrong though. I just wish it woulda happened by now, at least a sign.....
Jan. 16, 2020 at 4:59 p.m.
exo2769
Two things on debrincat. First, look at debrincat’s game stats over the last month. Yes, goals are a little few and far, but he is getting assists. There’s been plenty of games where cat and strome get 2 points a piece and Dach is nothing. Second, debrincat has had a 28 goal season and 40+ goal season to start his career. Key word is START. Cat has the luxury of some rope, not to mention the way he contributes offensively through assists and plenty of shots. Dach doesn’t.

Maybe he does fill out over the summer, I hope you are right. I’d love to be wrong about him so bad. Cuz a lot of jobs and the future of a franchise hinges on who Was chosen to lead the way. I think 30 goals a year is a little like me calling him a bust though, in that we haven’t seen enough evidence to claim that. Boy I hope I’m wrong though. I just wish it woulda happened by now, at least a sign.....

Dach...10 5v5 pts
Hughes...11 5V5 pts
Kakko... 6 5V5 pts

Where are your posts about hughes as a #1OA not being Matthews or McDavid. Or Kaapo not being Eichel or Laine yet?
Jan. 16, 2020 at 6:06 p.m.
Quoting: exo2769
Dach...10 5v5 pts
Hughes...11 5V5 pts
Kakko... 6 5V5 pts

Where are your posts about hughes as a #1OA not being Matthews or McDavid. Or Kaapo not being Eichel or Laine yet?

Oh boy.......

Alright, three things on Hughes and kakko. 1) Dach isn’t even in the same conversation as Hughes and kakko, he’s just not. The fact that all THREE haven’t produced as expected because they play for subpar non playoff teams. Hughes especially! Kakko is literally playing on North American ice for the first time. In the NHL! 2) Those two are the devils and rangers problem, and bringing them up for comparison is only doable if we had a chance at them. 3) Hughes with McDavid? Kakko with Laine? In what realm was this a thing?! Dach to kotkaniemi is a far better comparison.

Also, 10 5v5 points? From when, 10 weeks ago? I get what you’re trying to argue. The problem is your arguing about two guys who aren’t my problem. My problem is Dach and everyone that came after him. How Hughes and kakko do is on their teams. Moreover, your argument serves as a justification for keeping him in the NHL by comparing Dach to Hughes and kakko. Problem is, he wasn’t. In all likelihood, none of the top three were. Think about all the players who will be better served for actually developing in juniors and college from this draft. This draft may turn into the 2017 draft where hirscher and Patrick went 1-2 and heiskanen-makar-pettersson went 3-4-5. Who knows, maybe each of the top 3 this past draft will be worse then the ones that followed them.
Jan. 16, 2020 at 6:24 p.m.
exo2769
Edited Jan. 16, 2020 at 6:45 p.m.
Oh boy.......

Alright, three things on Hughes and kakko. 1) Dach isn’t even in the same conversation as Hughes and kakko, he’s just not. The fact that all THREE haven’t produced as expected because they play for subpar non playoff teams. Hughes especially! Kakko is literally playing on North American ice for the first time. In the NHL! 2) Those two are the devils and rangers problem, and bringing them up for comparison is only doable if we had a chance at them. 3) Hughes with McDavid? Kakko with Laine? In what realm was this a thing?! Dach to kotkaniemi is a far better comparison.

Also, 10 5v5 points? From when, 10 weeks ago? I get what you’re trying to argue. The problem is your arguing about two guys who aren’t my problem. My problem is Dach and everyone that came after him. How Hughes and kakko do is on their teams. Moreover, your argument serves as a justification for keeping him in the NHL by comparing Dach to Hughes and kakko. Problem is, he wasn’t. In all likelihood, none of the top three were. Think about all the players who will be better served for actually developing in juniors and college from this draft. This draft may turn into the 2017 draft where hirscher and Patrick went 1-2 and heiskanen-makar-pettersson went 3-4-5. Who knows, maybe each of the top 3 this past will be worse then the ones that followed.

The problem with your logic (in my opinion) is that you're trying to place Dach as a bust half a season into the year when he's the 3rd youngest player in the NHL. My point is that all these prospect take time. Even the #1 OA and #2 OA. Hughes ain't doing Jack right now. (See what I did there smile ) You bring up guys like Byram and Turcotte and how much better they'd be. News flash. If we re-did the draft today. Byram wouldn't be a top 10 pick. (AGAIN, he was my guy at the draft. I can just admit I was wrong) Turcotte had a terrible WJC too. Look, I'd LOVE to have Turcotte on the Hawks. I've had LOTS of friends skate for the Glenview Stars...where his uncle Sylvain coaches and they've played for him. This is NOT a personal thing. He's going to be a tremendous player. But this is supposed to be an objecetive view point. The objective view point is that the Wisconsin Badgers had more 1st round picks play in the WJC than any NHL team. If the Badgers don't win the college championship...their season is 100% a failure. You can't have 4 1st rounders playing college hockey and lose to other kids your own age. They're currently 7th in the big ten standings...out of 7 teams...so last place, BUT yes their talent has been gone for a while. I totally get that and want to recognize that too.

You can't ignore the other players in the draft. Is every single player in the draft officially a bust right now? Heck no. These are kids than need to develop. I'm happy to see Dach getting unsheltered minutes and taking hits from Borowecki/Tkachuk and get right back up. I happy to see him learning that this is a business and not a kids game. Hughes getting 70% 5V5 Ozone starts AND #1 PP time. 17 points ain't cutting it...but he's not a bust. He just needs more time to develop. All these kids do.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll