Forums/Armchair-GM

Wild Oil

Created by: MetaKnight
Team: 2019-20 Toronto Maple Leafs
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 17, 2020
Published: Jan. 17, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Apparently Oilers are interested in some Leafs & Minny might be willing to part with Dumba
So...FUN
https://www.tsn.ca/nhl/video/insider-trading-flames-oilers-looking-for-a-top-6-forward-eyeing-leafs~1878143
Trades
TOR
  1. Gagner, Sam
  2. Puljujärvi, Jesse [Reserve List]
  3. 2020 1st round pick (EDM)
EDM
  1. Bracco, Jeremy
  2. Johnsson, Andreas
Additional Details:
could be kapanen or kerfoot
TOR
  1. Dumba, Matt
  2. 2020 5th round pick (MIN)
MIN
  1. Ceci, Cody
  2. Gagner, Sam
  3. 2020 1st round pick (EDM)
  4. 2020 3rd round pick (CBJ)
Additional Details:
Puljujärvi
Retained Salary Transactions
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the VGK
Logo of the MIN
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the CAR
Logo of the COL
Logo of the SJS
Logo of the STL
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
Logo of the TOR
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
21$81,500,000$81,022,143$0$70,000$477,857
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$2,250,000$2,250,000
RW, LW
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$11,634,000$11,634,000
C
UFA - 5
$10,893,000$10,893,000
RW
UFA - 6
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 4
$11,000,000$11,000,000
C, LW
NMC
UFA - 6
$6,962,366$6,962,366
RW
UFA - 5
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
NTC
UFA - 1
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000
LW, RW
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$694,444$694,444 (Performance Bonus$70,000$70K)
LW
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LD
UFA - 3
$5,000,000$5,000,000
G
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 1
$2,750,000$2,750,000
RD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
G
UFA - 1
$863,333$863,333
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$675,000$675,000
RD
UFA - 1
Logo of the Minnesota Wild
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RD
UFA - 4
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1
$5,250,000$5,250,000
RW
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 17, 2020 at 1:11 a.m.
Don’t think Johnsson package gets you a first. Maybe if chiarelli was there but unfortunately he’s not. Also Matt Dumba has 13 points in 43 games not sure y he’d cost that much.
MetaKnight and Liamthepro liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 1:16 a.m.
I don't see Toronto giving up Kapanen, Johnsson, or Kerfoot. Especially since neither gagne or Puljujarvi have any value whatsoever...
Jan. 17, 2020 at 1:24 a.m.
Quoting: CPH
I don't see Toronto giving up Kapanen, Johnsson, or Kerfoot. Especially since neither gagne or Puljujarvi have any value whatsoever...

ok so maybe cut out edm & just deal with minny then
Liamthepro liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 1:27 a.m.
Quoting: MetaKnight
ok so maybe cut out edm & just deal with minny then

I like Matt dumba. But if you can get him out of Calgary's way that'd be great lol. Minnesota gives us issues for some reason...
MetaKnight liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 1:31 a.m.
I like Matt dumba. But if you can get him out of Calgary's way that'd be great lol. Minnesota gives us issues for some reason...

Works for me
Jan. 17, 2020 at 1:31 a.m.
Quoting: AM34_GOAT
Don’t think Johnsson package gets you a first. Maybe if chiarelli was there but unfortunately he’s not. Also Matt Dumba has 13 points in 43 games not sure y he’d cost that much.

Dumba is having a down year so his value may have went down a bit but I don’t think Guerin will avoid his past 4-5 seasons of work for half a season under a shaky team. Maybe when Fenton was still around.
CD282 liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 1:37 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo

I am positive he costs more. A players value doesn’t fluctuate that quick.
CD282 and MNBassman liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 1:56 a.m.

Yeah that's a whole lot for Dumba, but he sure would be nice to have, for years to come, if the cap hit was lower. Leafs have too many $3 million wingers too. I say Kappy for Dumba could be a good framework. If you had to involve Edmonton to get the interest in the right shooting top 6 winger, I see how that works. Wild retain $2 million and let's do all this!
MetaKnight liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 1:59 a.m.

Giving up one of them to get Dumba. Not the collection of crud from the Oil. It was all flipped to Minny, you see that right
MetaKnight liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 2:01 a.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
I am positive he costs more. A players value doesn’t fluctuate that quick.

Same. Personally, I’d love for the Leafs to at least inquire about him. I thought maybe it’d cost a roster player(Kap, Mango) and a prospect, maybe a pick too. ??‍♂️ Only thing is they’d have to take Ceci for it to work this season. Dumba wouldn’t be a rental and has cost certainty for the next 3 seasons, which the Leafs need next season and beyond.
MetaKnight liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 2:17 a.m.
Quoting: Liamthepro
Giving up one of them to get Dumba. Not the collection of crud from the Oil. It was all flipped to Minny, you see that right

I don't think dubas' plan involves getting rid of any of them. Dumba has value but Toronto won't do it. I think Torontos window is bigger than people think and it'll involve letting their defence mature and not selling pieces for quick fixes
Jan. 17, 2020 at 2:31 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: Weezley
Same. Personally, I’d love for the Leafs to at least inquire about him. I thought maybe it’d cost a roster player(Kap, Mango) and a prospect, maybe a pick too. ??‍♂️ Only thing is they’d have to take Ceci for it to work this season. Dumba wouldn’t be a rental and has cost certainty for the next 3 seasons, which the Leafs need next season and beyond.

If we could get away with Johnsson Bracco Hollowell and a 2nd (2020) I would be amazed.

I think first of all, it has to be kappy. They need RHW. Think leafs would have to either A. Deal Johnsson for a 1st or B. trade Carolina our 2021 1st and a 2020 3rd for our 1st back.

They would also want Lilly. Now I’m pretty committed to keeping Lilly, maybe we move Bracco and Hollowell if it will suffice.

@MNBassman @Paul13 @tansor

I’ve always liked going straight to wild fans. Most of them on here have an honest grasp of realistic trade values.

So what do you think? Clearly his value has taken a hit. I don’t think it is as low as some insiders are making it out to be. What would a leafs or even a generic trade look like? Also while I have you here. Does it seem like any of his issues are due to his injury last year. I know his shooting percentage is way down.
TanSor liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 8:30 a.m.
MNBassman
If we could get away with Johnsson Bracco Hollowell and a 2nd (2020) I would be amazed.

I think first of all, it has to be kappy. They need RHW. Think leafs would have to either A. Deal Johnsson for a 1st or B. trade Carolina our 2021 1st and a 2020 3rd for our 1st back.

They would also want Lilly. Now I’m pretty committed to keeping Lilly, maybe we move Bracco and Hollowell if it will suffice.

@MNBassman @Paul13 @tansor

I’ve always liked going straight to wild fans. Most of them on here have an honest grasp of realistic trade values.

So what do you think? Clearly his value has taken a hit. I don’t think it is as low as some insiders are making it out to be. What would a leafs or even a generic trade look like? Also while I have you here. Does it seem like any of his issues are due to his injury last year. I know his shooting percentage is way down.

Dumba looks to me like his problems are all in his head. He’s still a fantastic skater and has a world class shot! He either makes a play to hastily or waits too long to make it...very reminiscent of his first few years. IMO, his value should still be sky high and Guerin would have to be a moron to trade him for less that what his value was 13 months ago. The kid flat out cares and he will bounce back and be a legit #1 RHD before the season is over. At least that’s the bet I would make.
As @TanSor has said a million times, IF the Wild move Dumba, they should target a center in return.
Dumba and Foligno for Nylander just popped into my head and it might make a ton of sense for both teams. Foligno is a very underrated and (until recently) underutilized player! His perfect role is as a 3rd line LW, but he could play on any line that needs a physical, hard-working, stand up for your teammates beast who can do all the dirty work and also contribute offensively. If the Wild weren’t such a mess, Foligno is one of the very last players I would be shopping!!
GenXHockey, OutCold13, Juice and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 8:51 a.m.
I can't see the Leafs moving Nylander for really any reason. Strengthening the blueline to weaken the forward corps dramatically is not a smart move.
Liamthepro liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 8:55 a.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
Quoting: MNBassman
Dumba looks to me like his problems are all in his head. He’s still a fantastic skater and has a world class shot! He either makes a play to hastily or waits too long to make it...very reminiscent of his first few years. IMO, his value should still be sky high and Guerin would have to be a moron to trade him for less that what his value was 13 months ago. The kid flat out cares and he will bounce back and be a legit #1 RHD before the season is over. At least that’s the bet I would make.
As @TanSor has said a million times, IF the Wild move Dumba, they should target a center in return.
Dumba and Foligno for Nylander just popped into my head and it might make a ton of sense for both teams. Foligno is a very underrated and (until recently) underutilized player! His perfect role is as a 3rd line LW, but he could play on any line that needs a physical, hard-working, stand up for your teammates beast who can do all the dirty work and also contribute offensively. If the Wild weren’t such a mess, Foligno is one of the very last players I would be shopping!!

Well the word is that dumba is up for grabs. I can’t see the leafs moving nylander. I wonder if there are any playoff teams willing to pay that type of ransom. It’s usually a downgraded roster player and futures. Maybe Guerin would be better off moving him in the off season (if at all). Much better chance of swapping out one high end player for another.
OutCold13, TanSor, MNBassman and 1 other person liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 9:02 a.m.
MNBassman
Well the word is that dumba is up for grabs. I can’t see the leafs moving nylander. I wonder if there are any playoff teams willing to pay that type of ransom. It’s usually a downgraded roster player and futures. Maybe Guerin would be better off moving him in the off season (if at all). Much better chance of swapping out one high end player for another.

I think the off season makes the most sense too...unless there is a bubble playoff team that really wants to shake things up to make a push for the playoffs. A Dumba/Nylander-type deal would only happen in the summer, if at all.
GenXHockey and TanSor liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 10:22 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
For the Wild to move Dumba right now I think it would take a overpayment, his value might be down but Wild have that 3 year contract with cost control to wait for him to get right. I would like to see the Wild get a 1c in return but I don't see anyone paying that for him at the moment. I wouldn't be heart broken to see Wild get Lilly, kapp, and Ceci. I should probably ask for a pick as well but right now I don't see TMLs paying that. I'm also probably higher on Kapp than most. Next year could get interesting though with the expansion draft the Wild will have to move either Dumba or Soucy since they can't protect both. I'm sure if they couldn't find a deal they protect Dumba, but since Soucy is playing like a top 2 pair defenseman this season and with his low cap hit and ability to play either side he could be very enticing to the right team.
TanSor, GenXHockey and MNBassman liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 10:52 a.m.
I don't think it's too big a stretch to compare Dumba and Rielly. Both top line, 25yr old defenders on favorable deals having down seasons. I think Rielly > Dumba but similar type assets. Now, as leaf fans, would we be willing to trade (a healthy) Rielly right now for less than what his value would have been if we traded him last season? I'd imagine the answer is absolutely not...which I'd imagine is the position Minnesota would also take with Dumba.

Given cap situation and needs, a Nylander-Dumba trade does make sense. I'm not sure I'd do it, but it makes sense. And given the emergence of Engvall and reliable play from Gauthier in the bottom 6, it makes attractive pieces like Johnsson and Kapanen more expendable. So one of them + good prospect like Liljegren works if there's some retention or evening of money somehow...but I doubt Minny would retain on Dumba with 3 years still left.

It is comical how so many leaf fans would have torn off a limb in the offseason to trade Nylander for Dumba, and now think there's no way the leafs would consider it.
GenXHockey, MNBassman and OutCold13 liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 3:11 p.m.
I don't think dubas' plan involves getting rid of any of them. Dumba has value but Toronto won't do it. I think Torontos window is bigger than people think and it'll involve letting their defence mature and not selling pieces for quick fixes

Dumba would help right now but with 3 more years on his contract, he’s not a quick fix

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll