SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/New York Islanders

Unpopular opinion time

Jan. 17, 2020 at 10:59 a.m.
We have absolutely no shot at the Cup this year. Nor are we a piece or two away. Trade in Pageau, Toffoli, whoever you want, it won’t be enough to save our abysmally bad offense. That’s not to say I think we have a bad team, or that I’m pessimistic about the Isles in the long term. We have a great coach, a solid core and good leadership in the locker room. I still think we’re good for a playoff appearance. It’s just not going to materialize into hardware this year.

So in light of that, I think the Isles should sit still at the TDL, refuse to lose assets for the sake of rentals and start calling up AHLers who have earned a 10 game tryout. Right now, i’d rather see Bellows or Wahlstrom in an Islanders jersey than a guy, however skilled, who won’t be here next year.

Let’s start focusing on the future. We should still strive for the playoffs; we have a brand to maintain. But let’s forget about trades and start developing guys who have earned a call up.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 11:06 a.m.
100% in agreement with your statements, save the assets and play the young kids. Only trades that I would be OK with are low round picks for a guy like Nate Thompson. I would like to see this lineup next year:

Lee-Barzal-Eberle
Beau-Nelson-Wahlstrom
Bellows-Koivula-Bailey
Leo-Czizkas-Clutter
Johnston, Bardreau

Out: Martin, Brassard, Kuhnackal, Dal Colle

Pelech (If ready)- Pulock
New Top 4 LD- Mayfield
Dobson-Boychuk
Hickey

Out: Leddy

Varlamov
Sorokin

Out: Greiss
Hawkisles liked this.
Jan. 17, 2020 at 11:10 a.m.
Bo Horvat enjoyer
Too bad our AHL coach sucks at offensive development, first thing this offseason should be firing him
Hawkisles and ThomasChaney liked this.
Mar. 11, 2020 at 8:27 a.m.
Quoting: AndrewLadd
Too bad our AHL coach sucks at offensive development, first thing this offseason should be firing him

Or move him to defensive coach or assistant coach or associate coach

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll