Forums/Armchair-GM

Happy and Saad

Created by: Chigurrhh
Team: 2019-20 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 18, 2020
Published: Jan. 18, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
Saad's cap his is a bit high. So this would be a way to do it. Chicago might as well do something to help with the rebuild.

Hmm. Looking at the responses, Chicago fans want more and Penguins fans want to give up less. If neither side is satisfied, it’s probably fair.
Trades
CHI
  1. Johnson, Jack
  2. Poulin, Samuel
  3. 2020 1st round pick (PIT)
  4. 2021 2nd round pick (PIT)
Buried
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$72,824,125$132,500$3,832,500$8,675,875
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks
$5,000,000$5,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$4,900,000$4,900,000
LW, C, RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$767,500$767,500 (Performance Bonus$132,500$132K)
RW, C, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$874,125$874,125
LD
UFA - 1
$5,500,000$5,500,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:02 a.m.
Kyle from Chicago
Yeah, that’s going to be a hard pass from me. Jack Johnson alone is worth a first to get rid of (at least going to Chicago)
bjm96 liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:54 a.m.
That's a pretty big cap hit for a pressbox guy and the buyout is bad on Johnson. That said, include Hallander and bump the 2021 2nd round pick to a 2020 4th round pick and think it's a deal
Chigurrhh liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:55 a.m.
Quoting: Stan_Bowman
Yeah, that’s going to be a hard pass from me. Jack Johnson alone is worth a first to get rid of (at least going to Chicago)

I'd be okay if we got another prospect out of it; Hallander to me is interesting.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 2:13 a.m.
NCHockeyYT
That is too much for Saad. Ill be down to trade a guy like Hallander and Linus Olund for Saad with 3 mill retained.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 2:22 a.m.
Banned
So the penguins give up a 1st, a 1st prospect and JJ who could start as a 2nd LHD on a lot of teams for over priced saad....
Jan. 18, 2020 at 7:01 a.m.
Major overpay for saad. Even with dumping JJ
Jan. 18, 2020 at 8:11 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
So the penguins give up a 1st, a 1st prospect and JJ who could start as a 2nd LHD on a lot of teams for over priced saad....

... but it's not enough according to some... Homerism is strong in Chicago.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 8:33 a.m.
Chiggy
JJ who could start as a 2nd LHD on a lot of teams.

You are joking, right?

He's a serviceable third pairing guy right now with negative offensive zone impact. That's a huge step up from last year but it's not "2nd LHD."
Dan10900 liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 8:54 a.m.
Quoting: Stan_Bowman

Bruh, even if it's gonna cost the 2020 first to move JJ (which it won't) you're still getting the pens 2019 first an a second which seems to be more than most chi fans will accept for him lol
Jan. 18, 2020 at 10:13 a.m.
Quoting: nixon1331
That is too much for Saad. Ill be down to trade a guy like Hallander and Linus Olund for Saad with 3 mill retained.

LMAO no it won't. It's going to take a 1st and Hallander at a minimum with max $1M retained without Johnsson or Hawks aren't interested. Saad isn't on the trade blocks right now, teams are simply calling about him but the Hawks coverage has said it will take an overpayment as the Hawks don't want to trade him unless it's too good to pass up.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 11:15 a.m.
Pens
Quoting: ChiHawk
That's a pretty big cap hit for a pressbox guy and the buyout is bad on Johnson. That said, include Hallander and bump the 2021 2nd round pick to a 2020 4th round pick and think it's a deal

JJ has been solid this season tho? playing first pairing minutes with Letang with Dumo out. Pittsburgh just can't afford to keep him with Pettersson, McCann, Jarry, Murray contract all expiring at the end of the season
Jan. 18, 2020 at 11:34 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Chigurrhh
You are joking, right?

He's a serviceable third pairing guy right now with negative offensive zone impact. That's a huge step up from last year but it's not "2nd LHD."

that's pretty funny considering he's been playing 2nd pairing for the penguins for some time now and they keep winning and he keeps playing well.
But hey, you know, they are only in the thick of the playoffs with games going in the W column and being one of the better defensive teams in the league. I'm sure all those bottom feeder non playoff teams don't need such help.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 11:46 a.m.
Chiggy
that's pretty funny considering he's been playing 2nd pairing for the penguins for some time now and they keep winning and he keeps playing well.
But hey, you know, they are only in the thick of the playoffs with games going in the W column and being one of the better defensive teams in the league. I'm sure all those bottom feeder non playoff teams don't need such help.

He's been playing on the *1st pairing with Letang due to injury and Letang's production and defensive results have taken a pretty big hit. Multiple articles have been written about how that pairing isn't working for either player. Johnson was playing significantly better in the sheltered minutes he had before Schultz and Dumoulin were injured. The fact that you think he would be the 2LD on most teams demonstrates that you don't really have any clue who is on the other teams in the league..

Winning is a result of a sum of parts. This doesn't mean everything is working well, just well enough to get the wins. I get really tired of explaining it. "X player can't be that good if the team is bad" or "X player can't be that bad if the team is good". No. Please stop with this simplistic thinking.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 11:55 a.m.
Banned
He's been playing on the *1st pairing with Letang due to injury and Letang's production and defensive results have taken a pretty big hit. Multiple articles have been written about how that pairing isn't working for either player. Johnson was playing significantly better in the sheltered minutes he had before Schultz and Dumoulin were injured. The fact that you think he would be the 2LD on most teams demonstrates that you don't really have any clue who is on the other teams in the league..

Winning is a result of a sum of parts. This doesn't mean everything is working well, just well enough to get the wins. I get really tired of explaining it. "X player can't be that good if the team is bad" or "X player can't be that bad if the team is good". No. Please stop with this simplistic thinking.

the only simplistic thinking here is you.
And he has indeed played 2nd pairing for a lot of the time Dumo has been out. Because they paired Marino and Letang for a LONG time.
Now JJ bounces between both Marino and Letang in pairings in the 1st and 2nd pairings.

You keep wanting to knock the guy. Oh it can't be him that's good.
While the only thing you do is want to look at a year where he played his off side practically the whole year and say....oh look he sucks...he sucks....

Meanwhile there is the reality of the fact, where JJ is quietly having a really good year on all measures. But sure, it can't be him. It has to be everyone else.
Or maybe, big surprise here, a year working with Gonchar and playing on his natural side has helped his game.
And as far as worse play since not being on the bottom pairing...that's laughable. The team has played great all that time with him playing that role while Crosby was out.
But hey, I get it. You wanted Maatta instead. tears of joy
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:13 p.m.
Chiggy
Edited Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:28 p.m.
the only simplistic thinking here is you.
And he has indeed played 2nd pairing for a lot of the time Dumo has been out. Because they paired Marino and Letang for a LONG time.
Now JJ bounces between both Marino and Letang in pairings in the 1st and 2nd pairings.

You keep wanting to knock the guy. Oh it can't be him that's good.
While the only thing you do is want to look at a year where he played his off side practically the whole year and say....oh look he sucks...he sucks....

Meanwhile there is the reality of the fact, where JJ is quietly having a really good year on all measures. But sure, it can't be him. It has to be everyone else.
Or maybe, big surprise here, a year working with Gonchar and playing on his natural side has helped his game.
And as far as worse play since not being on the bottom pairing...that's laughable. The team has played great all that time with him playing that role while Crosby was out.
But hey, I get it. You wanted Maatta instead. tears of joy

Maatta is a better player than Johnson but ideally both would be gone. Both flawed players. Kahun is a great addition though and they weren't going to get anything for Johnson without packaging him with Kessel in the Minnesota trade.

" quietly having a really good year on all measures". So far, the only measure you have talked about is wins. That's the depth of your analysis? C'mon man.

Here's the thing. There's a couple hints here that you have zero clue what you are talking about and just make things up as you go.

"start as a 2nd LHD".

That sounds like you are talking about football, not hockey. A 2nd pairing or second line guy generally doesn't "start" and people don't talk about them that way.

" Because they paired Marino and Letang for a LONG time."

Yeah, no. Dumoulin got surgery on December 1st. Schultz's last game was the 17th. That's a total of 7 games. That's not a "long time" by any stretch.

"Now JJ bounces between both Marino and Letang in pairings"

Factually incorrect. They have hardly been on the ice at the same time since the Schultz injury. Marino has been with Pettersson almost that entire time. Johnson has been with Letang almost exclusively (Riikola swapped a few times).

In the 14 games since Schultz was injured, Johnson and Marino have spent exactly 4:37 playing together. There is no "bouncing". Stop it.

https://imgur.com/PB4TwC9

Marino has actually been paired with Pettersson more this season despite spending a lot of the first two months of the season with Johnson.

Marino-Pettersson. 248:52 TOI

Marino-Johnson. 177:18 TOI.

Stop making things up. Or at least stop pretending that you know anything.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:32 p.m.
Banned
Maatta is better player than Johnson but ideally both would be gone. Both flawed players. Kahun is a great addition though and they weren't going to get anything for Johnson without packaging with Kessel.

" quietly having a really good year on all measures". So far, the only measure you have talked about is wins. That's the depth of your analysis? C'mon man.

Here's the thing. There's a couple hints here that you have zero clue what you are talking about and just making things up as you go.

"start as a 2nd LHD".

That sounds like you are talking about football, not hockey. A 2nd pairing or second line guy generally doesn't "start" and people don't talk about them that way.

" Because they paired Marino and Letang for a LONG time."

Yeah, no. Dumoulin got surgery on December 1st. Schultz's last game was the 17th. That's a total of 7 games. That's not a "long time" by any stretch.

"Now JJ bounces between both Marino and Letang in pairings"

Factually incorrect. They have hardly been on the ice at the same time since the Schultz injury. Marino has been with Pettersson almost that entire time. Johnson has been with Letang almost exclusively (Riikola swapped a few times).

In the 14 games since Schultz was injured, Johnson and Marino have spent exactly 4:37 playing together. There is no "bouncing". Stop it.

https://imgur.com/PB4TwC9

Marino has actually been paired with Pettersson more this season despite spending a lot of the first two months of the season with Johnson.

Marino-Pettersson. 248:52 TOI

Marino-Johnson. 177:18 TOI.

Stop making things up. Or at least stop pretending that you know anything.

talking about not knowing what you are talking about. Dec 1st is when Marino moved into 1LD spot. So I don't know where you get this mess. And he still spends time playing there.
You are just arrogant. That's all there is to you.
Of course Marino spent more time with Petterson. He paired with him most of the year due to Schultz being injured earlier in the year. He took the 2RD spot and never let it go.
JJ on the other hand stayed in the 3LD position until dumo got hurt. So of course they weren't paired together.
You just make things up as you go and invent your own facts without watching games.

Not to mention your whole argument is just ridiculous to begin with.
Hell from your own point of view you are saying JJ is playing 1st pairing hard minutes. Then you want to say, oh he couldn't play 2nd pairing minutes.
What kind of circular logic is that?

So basically JJ can play 1st pairing minutes on a team that in the stretch hes been playing those minutes has been one of the hottest teams in the league. But he sucks and couldn't play 2nd pairing minutes anywhere else and it's only because of the other players on the team. Meanwhile, Crosby is out. Jake is out, Dumo is out, ....should we continue there.

You just spout things off arrogantly and cluelessly. What I didn't rattle off a bunch of stats. No I didn't. If you want to go look at the stats yourself feel free to. His 5v5 play has been good. 50% corsi, + player. He's a stay at home guy so he's not going to be a point producer. Low number of turn overs. High number of hits. But for most of the year, that's been where he's at.
So yeah, he's quietly had a good year and his 5v5 play shows it.
But hey, you keep pigeon holing a guy on the one year he spent on his off side because it's the internet and you don't watch games.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:33 p.m.
Chiggy
Edited Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:54 p.m.
talking about not knowing what you are talking about. Dec 1st is when Marino moved into 1LD spot. So I don't know where you get this mess. And he still spends time playing there.
Of course Marino spent more time with Petterson. He paired with him most of the year due to Schultz being injured earlier in the year. He took the 2RD spot and never let it go.
JJ on the other hand stayed in the 3LD position until dumo got hurt. So of course they weren't paired together.
You just make things up as you go and invent your own facts without watching games.

Hell from your own point of view you are saying JJ is playing 1st pairing hard minutes. Then you want to say, oh he couldn't play 2nd pairing minutes.

So basically JJ can play 1st pairing minutes on a team that in the stretch hes been playing those minutes has been one of the hottest teams in the league. But he sucks and couldn't play 2nd pairing minutes anywhere else and it's only because of the other players on the team. Meanwhile, Crosby is out. Jake is out, Dumo is out, ....should we continue there.

You just spout things off arrogantly and cluelessly. What I didn't rattle off a bunch of stats. No I didn't. If you want to go look at the stats yourself feel free to. His 5v5 play has been good. 50% corsi, + player. He's a stay at home guy so he's not going to be a point producer. Low number of turn overs. High number of hits. But for most of the year, that's been where he's at.
But hey, you keep pigeon holing a guy on the one year he spent on his off side because it's the internet and you don't watch games.

"I'm mad that you fact checked me and called me out for not having any clue"

No comment on the fact that you falsely said Letang and Marino were paired together for along time despite only playing 7 games games together before Schultz was injured?

Not comment on the fact that you falsely said that "now JJ bounces between Marino and Letang" despite not playing with Marino for a month?

Also, stop acting like Johnson spent all of last season on his off side. This is false. Second half of the seasons this was not the case and his results were still bad. Why do you feel the need to keep lying?

Stop it buddy.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:35 p.m.
Banned
"I'm mad that you fact checked me and called me out for not having any clue"

I know, you are.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:44 p.m.
Chiggy
I know, you are.

No, I'm the one who introduced the actual TOI to demonstrate that you are either lying or full of it. You seriously are the worst person on this site.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 10:42 a.m.
NCHockeyYT
Quoting: ChiHawk
LMAO no it won't. It's going to take a 1st and Hallander at a minimum with max $1M retained without Johnsson or Hawks aren't interested. Saad isn't on the trade blocks right now, teams are simply calling about him but the Hawks coverage has said it will take an overpayment as the Hawks don't want to trade him unless it's too good to pass up.

Well in that case Pens 1. we dont want Saad 2. He is not as good as you think 3. I dont want any balckhawks players except for Dennis Gilbert because he is gritty
Jan. 21, 2020 at 10:48 a.m.
NCHockeyYT

He did say Marino was paired with Letang on the first dummy. He is right. Marino has only played with Letang on the powerplay not 5on5. Marino has barely played with Johnson since Schultz injury and Dumo injury. GET YOUR FACTS RIGHT

Jan. 21, 2020 at 10:51 a.m.
Quoting: nixon1331
Well in that case Pens 1. we dont want Saad 2. He is not as good as you think 3. I dont want any balckhawks players except for Dennis Gilbert because he is gritty

On pace for 31 goals and 45 points for a power defensive 1st line forward; he's better then you think.

I agree, you shouldn't want guys like Cat, Strome, Kane, Toews, Gus, Murphy, Lehner, and Kubalik....none of these guys are better then any of the Pens just Gilbert

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll