Canucks_Fan69 liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 1:31 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
I'd rather have Holtz or Gunler.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 2:11 a.m.
NCHockeyYT
Quoting: Paul13

Holtz ain't bad but only thing good for him is his shot. Gunler you can prob get around 11-18. Raymond is an elite sniper who can do a bit of everything unlike Holtz who is just offensive
Jan. 18, 2020 at 2:21 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: nixon1331
Holtz ain't bad but only thing good for him is his shot. Gunler you can prob get around 11-18. Raymond is an elite sniper who can do a bit of everything unlike Holtz who is just offensive

Gunler has a percieved attitude problem hence his lower draft status. Like you say Raymond is better rounded but from my understanding Holtz has a higher ceiling + he scores goals which is what the Wild need.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 8:51 a.m.

Raymond has been so much better though, he gets almost no toi, and all defensive deployment with guys that aren't good offensively, but still generates way more chances than either of the other Swedes
OutCold13 liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 8:51 a.m.
Don't have 20 but in 19 I'd always draft him and he'd always turn into an 88-90 player.

I'd love to draft him, but we really need a center and not another winger. If he's the best player available, though, it should be a no brainer.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 10:30 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: TanSor
Don't have 20 but in 19 I'd always draft him and he'd always turn into an 88-90 player.

I'd love to draft him, but we really need a center and not another winger. If he's the best player available, though, it should be a no brainer.

I think when you draft that early you really have to draft best player available. Maybe you get a player you can flip for positional need.
Since Wild will have no luck in the draft, I expect Wild will pick between 8 and 10. From all the mocks I've seen the only center available that wouldn't be a reach is Lundell. If he is available he may be a good pick.
Wild do have 2 legit centers not in the NHL right now Sturm is probably at best a 3C and Alexander Khovanov who looks like a 1 or 2C. I think Sturm makes the team out of camp and Khovanov we should see a few times during the year on the 2nd or 3rd line. I am interested in seeing how he plays with Kaprizov.
I hope the wild play Kaprizov on 2nd or 3rd line while he adjusts to the North American style of Hockey.
TanSor liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 10:46 a.m.
I think when you draft that early you really have to draft best player available. Maybe you get a player you can flip for positional need.
Since Wild will have no luck in the draft, I expect Wild will pick between 8 and 10. From all the mocks I've seen the only center available that wouldn't be a reach is Lundell. If he is available he may be a good pick.
Wild do have 2 legit centers not in the NHL right now Sturm is probably at best a 3C and Alexander Khovanov who looks like a 1 or 2C. I think Sturm makes the team out of camp and Khovanov we should see a few times during the year on the 2nd or 3rd line. I am interested in seeing how he plays with Kaprizov.
I hope the wild play Kaprizov on 2nd or 3rd line while he adjusts to the North American style of Hockey.

I agree, I'm always a BPA guy but sometimes there's a few players in similar "tiers" and if one of them is a center I'd hope we choose that guy over the winger or defenseman. I'm honestly not a fan of Lundell. He seems a lot like JEE in his draft year (fantastic defensively but lacks offensive firepower) and I've had enough of drafting the defensively oriented centers. We need star offensive talent. Guys like Stutzle, Rossi, Perfetti, Raymond, and Lapierre intrigue me a lot more than Lundell.
OutCold13 liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 11:12 a.m.
Hockey Fan13
Quoting: TanSor
I agree, I'm always a BPA guy but sometimes there's a few players in similar "tiers" and if one of them is a center I'd hope we choose that guy over the winger or defenseman. I'm honestly not a fan of Lundell. He seems a lot like JEE in his draft year (fantastic defensively but lacks offensive firepower) and I've had enough of drafting the defensively oriented centers. We need star offensive talent. Guys like Stutzle, Rossi, Perfetti, Raymond, and Lapierre intrigue me a lot more than Lundell.

Lundell started the year ranked 5 now he is down to 10 and some scouts think his game has already peaked, so that concerns me. I like Perfetti, and Stutzle a lot but not sure either is a true center. Rossis lack of size scares me (I'm kinda stuck in the past there) Lapierre could be had 5 picks later so maybe Wild trade down and grab him.
TanSor liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 11:13 a.m.
Lundell started the year ranked 5 now he is down to 10 and some scouts think his game has already peaked, so that concerns me. I like Perfetti, and Stutzle a lot but not sure either is a true center. Rossis lack of size scares me (I'm kinda stuck in the past there) Lapierre could be had 5 picks later so maybe Wild trade down and grab him.

There are certainly concerns with all of them, but really that offensive talent is what I think we need most.
OutCold13 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 10:51 a.m.
NCHockeyYT
Gunler has a percieved attitude problem hence his lower draft status. Like you say Raymond is better rounded but from my understanding Holtz has a higher ceiling + he scores goals which is what the Wild need.

No the Wild need goaltending more than anything. I do agree with most of what your saying but the Wild to need scoring and Raymond can provide that aswell. The Wild have not played their best but they need more physicallity. And no Gunler please.
OutCold13 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 6:13 p.m.
Hockey Fan13
Edited Jan. 21, 2020 at 6:19 p.m.
No the Wild need goaltending more than anything. I do agree with most of what your saying but the Wild to need scoring and Raymond can provide that aswell. The Wild have not played their best but they need more physicallity. And no Gunler please.

I agree Wild need goaltending, but most goalies take a few years to be ready for the NHL so I don't see that answered by the draft. Kahkonen is Wilds only hope at this point unless they find a trade. I wouldn't take Gunler early but if Wild somehow pick after 13 I would be thrilled with him.
Jan. 26, 2020 at 4:55 p.m.
NCHockeyYT

They have Kaapo Kahkonen who has played good I would wait and see whats in free agency

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll