Forums/Armchair-GM

Playoff ready almost

Created by: pharrow
Team: 2019-20 Pittsburgh Penguins
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 18, 2020
Published: Jan. 18, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
not gonna lie they could use a 3RD here, and probably going forward a year or two. But nothing over priced. Don't need no $4 million 3RD.
But I think this could work.
Trades
PIT
  1. Vesey, Jimmy
Additional Details:
neither team has anything to lose here.
PIT
  1. Ceci, Cody
Additional Details:
we take Ceci back to make it work.
TOR
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the ANA
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
Logo of the PIT
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$74,206,625$132,500$3,700,000$7,293,375
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Buffalo Sabres
$2,275,000$2,275,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins
$9,500,000$9,500,000
C
NMC
UFA - 3
$3,500,000$3,500,000
RW, LW
UFA - 3
$1,250,000$1,250,000
C, LW
UFA - 1
$8,700,000$8,700,000
C
NMC
UFA - 6
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$3,200,000$3,200,000
RW
UFA - 3
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$2,850,000$3M)
LW, RW, C
UFA - 1
$2,050,000$2,050,000
C, RW
UFA - 2
$5,300,000$5,300,000
RW
NTC
UFA - 4
$1,000,000$1,000,000
LW, RW
UFA - 2
$750,000$750,000
C, LW
UFA - 2
$3,500,000$3,500,000
LW, RW
M-NTC
UFA - 6
$750,000$750,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$4,100,000$4,100,000
LD
M-NTC
UFA - 4
$7,250,000$7,250,000
RD
M-NTC, NMC
UFA - 3
$675,000$675,000
G
UFA - 1
$874,125$874,125
LD
UFA - 1
$925,000$925,000 (Performance Bonus$850,000$850K)
RD
UFA - 2
$3,750,000$3,750,000
G
UFA - 1
$3,250,000$3,250,000
LD
UFA - 4
Logo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
$4,500,000$4,500,000
RD
UFA - 1
$850,000$850,000
LD
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
RD
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$4,500,000$4,500,000
LW, RW
UFA - 5

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 18, 2020 at 3:06 a.m.
Edited Jan. 18, 2020 at 5:45 a.m.
Schultz is done seems like, second consecutive year with injury and a rental ......so his value is as much as Ceci's at the moment

Would give you 2 x 1st prior to injury in 2018 but now.....this trade is just DeSmith wraped into package with some big name......so he isnt shiped out for a pick but youland Kapanen instead
Jan. 18, 2020 at 3:09 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Laudan
Schultz is done seems like, second consecutive year with injury and a rental ......so his value is a much as Ceci's at the moment

Would give you 2 x 1st prior to injury in 2018 but now.....its just DeSmith wraped into package with some big name......

Schultz is a much better player than Ceci. Lets just end that nonsense right there.
You get him for a playoff run. You can resign him if you want or not.
You are in a cap crunch. You have to make a trade. You won't get a better defense upgrade.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 3:10 a.m.
Edited Jan. 18, 2020 at 3:37 a.m.
Quoting: pharrow
Schultz is a much better player than Ceci. Lets just end that nonsense right there.
You are in a cap crunch. You have to make a trade. You won't get a better defense upgrade.

Sounds like listening those TML homers......
Jan. 18, 2020 at 3:14 a.m.
Banned
Sounds like listening those TML homers......

being roughly 800k over the cap isn't sounding like a "TML homer" those are facts.
Here are also facts. No one is coughing up defense men of any caliber at any reasonable price. Especially with the growing need with injuries piling up.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 3:21 a.m.
Edited Jan. 18, 2020 at 7:51 a.m.

I forgot many ppl here on this site are staring at letters but not really using brains when reading or my Language barrier made my statement not understandable. Schultz skating on one leg is better then Ceci, its just 2019 Schultz after coming back from his injury without playing for last 1-2 months will be as much of value in "Playoff run" as Ceci, so NONE, TBL or BOS will sweep them even if they will make it....

being roughly 800k over the cap isn't sounding like a "TML homer" those are facts.
Here are also facts. No one is coughing up defense men of any caliber at any reasonable price. Especially with the growing need with injuries piling up.

Problem is you are rigging the "facts" to suit your Team and get Kapanen for DeSmith ( thats usualy TML homers thing )......Schultz isnt / wasnt the same since he got back from last years injury and now hes out again....he wont resurect in his 2017 Form when he will come back from this one.....so its pretty much patching instead of going for much needed Top Pair D man ( or even two, plenty of pieces and picks still available to make it happened till TDL where "Cap crunch" is no longer "Cap crunch")
Jan. 18, 2020 at 5:35 a.m.

Leave it to a TML homer to think Ceci is just as good if not better than Schultz ?. Schultz is a massive upgrade over Ceci. Even if he doesn’t revert back to 17 form. TML would be crazy not to accept this. They get out of long term salary, they get out of Ceci and get an upgrade, and they get the solid backup signed to a reasonable contract w/ term.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 5:39 a.m.
Reilly-Barrie
Muzzin-Holl
Dermott-Ceci

Or

Reilly-Barrie
Muzzin-Schultz
Dermott-Holl

You’d be crazy to think that 2nd lineup is worse than the 1st
Jan. 18, 2020 at 8:37 a.m.
Chiggy
Schultz....so his value is as much as Ceci's at the moment

.....No.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 10:18 a.m.
Kap would not be a good fit for Pitsburgh; besides Kap being on the PK he's not great defensively and not that strong on the puck. Speed and puck handling is his game which is not exactly the game Pit plays
Jan. 18, 2020 at 10:54 a.m.
I like these moves for the most part. I don't know if I would target kapanen though. Maybe a hymen or kerfoot. I like the idea of bringing ceci in. If he fits in well he could be a cheap option for a 3rd for the next couple years until some of the minor Leaguers are ready to step in.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 11:27 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: ChiHawk
Kap would not be a good fit for Pitsburgh; besides Kap being on the PK he's not great defensively and not that strong on the puck. Speed and puck handling is his game which is not exactly the game Pit plays

Quoting: DonkeyLips
I like these moves for the most part. I don't know if I would target kapanen though. Maybe a hymen or kerfoot. I like the idea of bringing ceci in. If he fits in well he could be a cheap option for a 3rd for the next couple years until some of the minor Leaguers are ready to step in.

I know everyone wants some 6 million dollar winger, but the penguins simply can't afford that unless they can move out Horny.
I'm sure there is some diamond in the ruff out there somewhere who can play with speed but it is what it is.
Truth is Kap doesn't need to PK, no more than Horny does.
Even if he's not the greatest at 3 million a year, adding some speed in that spot is probably the best situation for them. No matter who the player is. It would improve the team.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 11:42 a.m.
Banned
Edited Jan. 18, 2020 at 12:03 p.m.
I forgot many ppl here on this site are staring at letters but not really using brains when reading or my Language barrier made my statement not understandable. Schultz skating on one leg is better then Ceci, its just 2019 Schultz after coming back from his injury without playing for last 1-2 months will be as much of value in "Playoff run" as Ceci, so NONE, TBL or BOS will sweep them even if they will make it....

Problem is you are rigging the "facts" to suit your Team and get Kapanen for DeSmith ( thats usualy TML homers thing )......Schultz isnt / wasnt the same since he got back from last years injury and now hes out again....he wont resurect in his 2017 Form when he will come back from this one.....so its pretty much patching instead of going for much needed Top Pair D man ( or even two, plenty of pieces and picks still available to make it happened till TDL where "Cap crunch" is no longer "Cap crunch")

your problem is you think Kap, is worth more than he is.
I hate to break it to you, but Tor would be nuts not to take it.
First you get rid of CC, which already lowers any return on any deal because without that move, you can't really make a move.
Second, you get a clear upgrade on your blue line and someone capable of pointing a PP. You keep wanting to knock the guy. Yes, after breaking an ankle last year he needed a little time. So do a lot of players. But it's a year later and he's doing ok. His current injury is a soft tissue thing. It's gonna be just fine.
You want to knock his play. His 5v5 corsi is 52.2% and he's a + player.
That's already better that anything else you are going to get. His numbers aren't great because he has a reduced role. That's what happens when you insert Marino into a lineup and he keeps growing and taking more responsibility. So he's playing behind 2 really good players putting him in a 3RD position.
But to sit here and pretend he doesn't improve your odds of winning a cup over CC is laughable.

Stop being a homer. Kap is a mid 6 winger. You don't get 2nd pairing defensemen capable of pointing a power play and dish off cap dumps, + get a backup goalie for mid 6 wingers.
This trade might as well have a bow on it.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 11:43 a.m.
Banned
sdsdf
Jan. 18, 2020 at 4:54 p.m.
I know everyone wants some 6 million dollar winger, but the penguins simply can't afford that unless they can move out Horny.
I'm sure there is some diamond in the ruff out there somewhere who can play with speed but it is what it is.
Truth is Kap doesn't need to PK, no more than Horny does.
Even if he's not the greatest at 3 million a year, adding some speed in that spot is probably the best situation for them. No matter who the player is. It would improve the team.

That's really weird because the other two players I mentioned make 2.25 and 3.5. Not 6. If you haven't noticed players that aren't very responsible in their own end don't thrive very well under Mike Sullivan. Kapanen is one of those players. The coach will dislike him and give him very little playing time. That's why I mentioned other players who are cheap, fast, have some skill, and more responsible defensively.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 4:59 p.m.
your problem is you think Kap, is worth more than he is.
I hate to break it to you, but Tor would be nuts not to take it.
First you get rid of CC, which already lowers any return on any deal because without that move, you can't really make a move.
Second, you get a clear upgrade on your blue line and someone capable of pointing a PP. You keep wanting to knock the guy. Yes, after breaking an ankle last year he needed a little time. So do a lot of players. But it's a year later and he's doing ok. His current injury is a soft tissue thing. It's gonna be just fine.
You want to knock his play. His 5v5 corsi is 52.2% and he's a + player.
That's already better that anything else you are going to get. His numbers aren't great because he has a reduced role. That's what happens when you insert Marino into a lineup and he keeps growing and taking more responsibility. So he's playing behind 2 really good players putting him in a 3RD position.
But to sit here and pretend he doesn't improve your odds of winning a cup over CC is laughable.

Stop being a homer. Kap is a mid 6 winger. You don't get 2nd pairing defensemen capable of pointing a power play and dish off cap dumps, + get a backup goalie for mid 6 wingers.
This trade might as well have a bow on it.

Although I do agree with the ideas you are presenting, at no point in time this season while Schultz has been healthy has he been behind Marino on the depth chart. When everyone is healthy Schultz is the 2 rhd.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 7:05 p.m.
Galyenchuk for Bogosian is all that works cap wise. Rental for a rental with pretty even Salaries
Jan. 18, 2020 at 9:09 p.m.
Banned
Although I do agree with the ideas you are presenting, at no point in time this season while Schultz has been healthy has he been behind Marino on the depth chart. When everyone is healthy Schultz is the 2 rhd.

I think the reason for that is getting the most out of their pieces.
You get the most out of Schultzy in the offensive zone. Marino can handle the harder defensive starts.
I'm not going to nit pick this. Marino is clearly their 2nd best, possibly best RD at this current point.
What can I say, Letang turns the puck over......a lot.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 9:13 p.m.
Banned
That's really weird because the other two players I mentioned make 2.25 and 3.5. Not 6. If you haven't noticed players that aren't very responsible in their own end don't thrive very well under Mike Sullivan. Kapanen is one of those players. The coach will dislike him and give him very little playing time. That's why I mentioned other players who are cheap, fast, have some skill, and more responsible defensively.

they are both LW though.
There in lies the problem with those 2 names. They need a RW.
This team has show how they view it. Jake and McCann on the LW, Rust on the RW, ..... one missing RW.
Everything else they are set on.
I think they would like to play Kahun and Simon on the 3rd line. Let Zar and Tanev be the "4th" line.

That's why GMJR said he's looking for a RW with term.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 10:09 a.m.
I think the reason for that is getting the most out of their pieces.
You get the most out of Schultzy in the offensive zone. Marino can handle the harder defensive starts.
I'm not going to nit pick this. Marino is clearly their 2nd best, possibly best RD at this current point.
What can I say, Letang turns the puck over......a lot.

That's the most idiotic thing I have read on here.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 10:13 a.m.
they are both LW though.
There in lies the problem with those 2 names. They need a RW.
This team has show how they view it. Jake and McCann on the LW, Rust on the RW, ..... one missing RW.
Everything else they are set on.
I think they would like to play Kahun and Simon on the 3rd line. Let Zar and Tanev be the "4th" line.

That's why GMJR said he's looking for a RW with term.

Well, if you haven't heard, guentzel is out untill most likely the Stanley cup finals if not later. So they need a left wing right now. Let's worry about right now. And then worry about next year after right now.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 3:18 p.m.
Banned
Well, if you haven't heard, guentzel is out untill most likely the Stanley cup finals if not later. So they need a left wing right now. Let's worry about right now. And then worry about next year after right now.

Even with Jake out, they would rather have the winger on the RW. They know they can play McCann and Kahun on the LW.

Of course with injuries piling up after the boston game they may not want to make any trade. We'll see
Jan. 19, 2020 at 3:19 p.m.
Banned
That's the most idiotic thing I have read on here.

What an arrogant comment.
It just shows you are clueless.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 6:06 p.m.
What an arrogant comment.
It just shows you are clueless.

Dude, to say anyone other than Letang is their best dman is idiotic. There is no argument about it.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 6:36 p.m.
Banned
Dude, to say anyone other than Letang is their best dman is idiotic. There is no argument about it.

There you go again. Unable to post with out insults like a Jack a.
But hey what should I expect from someone who doesn't watch games.
You'd have to be blind not to realize Letang is a turn over machine who's mistakes have cost this team a lot of games. Including last years playoffs.
You don't see Marino making those mistakes.
Which is why it's very possible he's their best guy back there now. Period.
He'll he's 22, he's still growing. But he looks like a beast back there. And only a fool would not realize that.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 8:22 p.m.
There you go again. Unable to post with out insults like a Jack a.
But hey what should I expect from someone who doesn't watch games.
You'd have to be blind not to realize Letang is a turn over machine who's mistakes have cost this team a lot of games. Including last years playoffs.
You don't see Marino making those mistakes.
Which is why it's very possible he's their best guy back there now. Period.
He'll he's 22, he's still growing. But he looks like a beast back there. And only a fool would not realize that.

It's not an insult. Letang is hands down the best they have. He would be the best on most teams. John Carlson has 55 turnovers. Would you want to get rid of him? Letang averages 3 turnovers per 60 minutes. Marino averages 1.8 per 60. A little better, but not by much. But Marino can not do what Letang can in any other aspects of the game. That's not to say he hasn't been amazing this year. But to say he is better than Letang? Come on. That's just silly.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll