SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

Dach Question

Jan. 18, 2020 at 6:42 p.m.
To answer your original question, Yes I would be okay if he is a defensive forward that brings in 50 points a year. I think he is better than that but lets play this and answer your question. Yes I would be as It would open up so much for us. If that was the case, his Cap would allow us to effectively bring in pieces around him to sustain long term success, another option could be that he could be a trade chip to get an elite player with a secondary piece other options could be that it allows us to bring through a very effective draft pool from Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin, 2020 pick etc.... and the list goes on. There are so many options that it would open up that I would not be disappointed.

I will caveat that by saying I don't think he will be a defensive forward, though I do think he can be a really good two way forward!
HatterTParty liked this.
Jan. 18, 2020 at 6:57 p.m.
Quoting: Aussie_Blackhawk
To answer your original question, Yes I would be okay if he is a defensive forward that brings in 50 points a year. I think he is better than that but lets play this and answer your question. Yes I would be as It would open up so much for us. If that was the case, his Cap would allow us to effectively bring in pieces around him to sustain long term success, another option could be that he could be a trade chip to get an elite player with a secondary piece other options could be that it allows us to bring through a very effective draft pool from Boqvist, Mitchell, Beaudin, 2020 pick etc.... and the list goes on. There are so many options that it would open up that I would not be disappointed.

I will caveat that by saying I don't think he will be a defensive forward, though I do think he can be a really good two way forward!

Thank you for the question being answered buddy!

If I may counter with another question. You brought his cap allowing for more pieces to be brought in. Furthermore, you brought up a trade chip to be used. What do you think his cap will look like in 3 years time? Furthermore, do you actually think there’s a chance down the line that he may be traded?
Jan. 18, 2020 at 7:53 p.m.
Quoting: HatterTParty
Thank you for the question being answered buddy!

If I may counter with another question. You brought his cap allowing for more pieces to be brought in. Furthermore, you brought up a trade chip to be used. What do you think his cap will look like in 3 years time? Furthermore, do you actually think there’s a chance down the line that he may be traded?

Great questions, Obviously it entirely depends on his progress and how he is performing and has developed. But lets just say he is that 50 point defensive forward you say, thats Saad type player so would probably be around that sort of cap I would think, also depends how much the cap expands over the next 3 years so very difficult question to answer.

Also again depends on the GM at the time though I don't think he will be traded.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 7:48 a.m.
exo2769
@HatterTParty Come one now Hatter. Give the kid some credit. The game wasn't perfect, but he played DARN good last night. I said not even a week ago that I'd like to see him with a little more strength with the puck. Well DANG! He showed some speed and strength last night. Probably his best game of the year. Out paced a couple Dmen. Had guys hanging all over him. Kept control of the puck. Finally got a tally. Again, not perfect. He's still 18 years old...for 1 more day... One game doesn't make a break someone, but I think I saw shades of Hossa with all those guys hanging on him. Going in the corner with literally 3 Jets on him and he's just fighting for the puck against all 3 of them.

Some more constructive criticism...only because I'm superstitious and every one in every job should strive for continuous improvement. Never settle.
I'd like to see him engage more...this is still the original topic we've discussed. Whether it's lazy ( I don't believe so ) or thinking vs reacting. He's getting better and while his point didn't come from the PP...I liked his play there too. Crash the nets...if he got elevation on the dish from Kane that would have been a goal. Can't get too mad. Toews missed a wide open net against OTT. It happens.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/298255&post_id=1232126
Jan. 20, 2020 at 2:51 p.m.
Quoting: exo2769
@HatterTParty Come one now Hatter. Give the kid some credit. The game wasn't perfect, but he played DARN good last night. I said not even a week ago that I'd like to see him with a little more strength with the puck. Well DANG! He showed some speed and strength last night. Probably his best game of the year. Out paced a couple Dmen. Had guys hanging all over him. Kept control of the puck. Finally got a tally. Again, not perfect. He's still 18 years old...for 1 more day... One game doesn't make a break someone, but I think I saw shades of Hossa with all those guys hanging on him. Going in the corner with literally 3 Jets on him and he's just fighting for the puck against all 3 of them.

Some more constructive criticism...only because I'm superstitious and every one in every job should strive for continuous improvement. Never settle.
I'd like to see him engage more...this is still the original topic we've discussed. Whether it's lazy ( I don't believe so ) or thinking vs reacting. He's getting better and while his point didn't come from the PP...I liked his play there too. Crash the nets...if he got elevation on the dish from Kane that would have been a goal. Can't get too mad. Toews missed a wide open net against OTT. It happens.

https://www.capfriendly.com/forums/thread/298255&post_id=1232126

Absolutely, I’ll even admit he had a good game. He showed that he’s capable of using that big frame and the puck control was clean and confident. I definitely liked his end to end rush for the assist (albeit, kinda sucked the goal was a fluke). But yes, very good game. As you said, not perfect, but who is at 18. I’ll be honest though, I just really really wished his offensive game at 18 was more polished if he was allowed to stay with the team. That’s the big thing I’m very critical on him about. Two things I really see him improve on more are his shot and decision making. We both see eye to eye on the reacting vs thinking area. Lastly, maybe this is just me, but one area I’m still waiting to see his passing game get to another level. He passes well, but I really wanna see him on 2 v 1s actually convert more with teammates. I may never fully like this kid because I just don’t like guys of his archetype (I’m barely 5’9’ and have been playing 25 years, go figure). I like speed and dynamic play, like bure and mackinnon. However, he is a hawk, and I have to accept it will most likely be that way for years to come.

As a side note, is anyone else kind of nervous about kubalik with bowman in charge? Honestly, considering panarin and kahun, I’m a little nervous another great find is gonna be given away. You can see the potential in this team, I just don’t trust bowman to be the man manage the cap and keep the team together.
exo2769 and Canucks_Hawkey liked this.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 4:32 p.m.
exo2769
Edited Jan. 20, 2020 at 8:16 p.m.
Quoting: HatterTParty
Absolutely, I’ll even admit he had a good game. He showed that he’s capable of using that big frame and the puck control was clean and confident. I definitely liked his end to end rush for the assist (albeit, kinda sucked the goal was a fluke). But yes, very good game. As you said, not perfect, but who is at 18. I’ll be honest though, I just really really wished his offensive game at 18 was more polished if he was allowed to stay with the team. That’s the big thing I’m very critical on him about. Two things I really see him improve on more are his shot and decision making. We both see eye to eye on the reacting vs thinking area. Lastly, maybe this is just me, but one area I’m still waiting to see his passing game get to another level. He passes well, but I really wanna see him on 2 v 1s actually convert more with teammates. I may never fully like this kid because I just don’t like guys of his archetype (I’m barely 5’9’ and have been playing 25 years, go figure). I like speed and dynamic play, like bure and mackinnon. However, he is a hawk, and I have to accept it will most likely be that way for years to come.

As a side note, is anyone else kind of nervous about kubalik with bowman in charge? Honestly, considering panarin and kahun, I’m a little nervous another great find is gonna be given away. You can see the potential in this team, I just don’t trust bowman to be the man manage the cap and keep the team together.

I think Mac is more than speed. He's got a lot of power and a heck of a shot. It's why he was a #1OA pick. I am indeed a little worried about Bowman/Kubalik. In 2 ways. A.) Bowman will either give him a $4M contract...way too much...or...B.) Trade him for less than his value. I give Bowman a TON of credit for that steal of a trade. Kubalik for a 5th rounder... WOW great trade. But he can't fall back into the old ways where Bickell, Panik, Manning, Kruger, Seabs got contracts either worth more than they provide...or are payback contracts *cough cough* Seabs. Give him a 1 year prove it contract...or just let him go to arbitration.

As a side note. I also give a ton of credit to Bowman for continuously churning these guys out! Am I right?!?! Panarin, Kempny, Rutta, Kahun, Kubalik...all for free! That's a very underrated sign of a good GM.
HatterTParty liked this.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 4:36 p.m.
I think Mac is more than speed. He's got a lot of power and a heck of a shot. It's why he was a #1OA pick. I am indeed a little worried about Bowman/Kubalik. In 2 ways. A.) Bowman will either give him a $4M contract...way too much...or...B.) Trade him for less than his value. I give Bowman a TON of credit for that steal of a trade. Kubalik for a 5th rounder... WOW great trade. But he can't fall back into the old ways where Bickell, Panik, Manning, Kruger, Seabs got contracts either work more than they provide...or are payback contracts *cough cough* Seabs. Give him a 1 year prove it contract...or just let him go to arbitration.

As a side note. I also give a ton of credit to Bowman for continuously churning these guys out! Am I right?!?! Panarin, Kempny, Rutta, Kahun, Kubalik...all for free! That's a very underrated sign of a good GM.

I do love the ability of the hawks to find these guys. However, come on Stan, either sign them long term at decent deals OR actually get FULL value for them. Maybe the value of those trades are subjective, but I do feel objectively that he didn’t really do them enough justice. Keyword is ENOUGH.
exo2769 and Canucks_Hawkey liked this.
Feb. 14, 2020 at 8:43 p.m.
Executive Director
Edited Feb. 14, 2020 at 8:53 p.m.
I think Mac is more than speed. He's got a lot of power and a heck of a shot. It's why he was a #1OA pick. I am indeed a little worried about Bowman/Kubalik. In 2 ways. A.) Bowman will either give him a $4M contract...way too much...or...B.) Trade him for less than his value. I give Bowman a TON of credit for that steal of a trade. Kubalik for a 5th rounder... WOW great trade. But he can't fall back into the old ways where Bickell, Panik, Manning, Kruger, Seabs got contracts either worth more than they provide...or are payback contracts *cough cough* Seabs. Give him a 1 year prove it contract...or just let him go to arbitration.

Someone in Hawks hockey Ops department probably found those guys for him. Whoever that guy is, we gotta give him the next GM job. Yes it might be Stan, but I doubt it.

Also, Kubalik on a 4M multi-year contract would be dope. You'll regret not signing a young stud to a reasonable multi-year deal when you had the chance. Even if he only scores 20 goals with 40-50 points every year...at 4M he'd be totally worth it. Stan better not trade him unless a star player is coming back to us.
HatterTParty and exo2769 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll