SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Montreal Canadiens

Next few weeks determines next 3 years

Jan. 19, 2020 at 6:40 p.m.
As the Habs get healthy over the next few weeks with Drouin/Gallagher returning I dont expect us to stay status quo. If we think we can go on a run, we need a real top 4 defenceman who can defend, and a real backup goalie who can win games.
If we dont think we can go on a real winning streak; time to move Petry and Tatar for picks and prospects, we can definately have 3 first round picks in Montreal this year.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 5:01 a.m.
Molson beer is meh
Quoting: Pmanningno2
As the Habs get healthy over the next few weeks with Drouin/Gallagher returning I dont expect us to stay status quo. If we think we can go on a run, we need a real top 4 defenceman who can defend, and a real backup goalie who can win games.
If we dont think we can go on a real winning streak; time to move Petry and Tatar for picks and prospects, we can definately have 3 first round picks in Montreal this year.

Habs can just as easily wait till the summer with Tatar and Petry. That's what they did with Pacioretty, and that worked out just fine.

But I think we are in for disappointment if we are hoping for any kind of indication as to what direction MTL will go over the next 3 weeks. Would be very surprised. With MTL having won 4 of their last 5. Bergevin will mostly likely wait till the very last second to decide if he's going to do, and odds are he will do absolutely nothing. He won't sell because he "doesn't want to give up on this season", and he won't buy since he doesn't want to spend assets because "it wouldn't make them cup contenders anyways"...
MasterMatt23 liked this.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 9:05 a.m.
Not so Fasth
Quoting: Blazingbat11
Habs can just as easily wait till the summer with Tatar and Petry. That's what they did with Pacioretty, and that worked out just fine.

But I think we are in for disappointment if we are hoping for any kind of indication as to what direction MTL will go over the next 3 weeks. Would be very surprised. With MTL having won 4 of their last 5. Bergevin will mostly likely wait till the very last second to decide if he's going to do, and odds are he will do absolutely nothing. He won't sell because he "doesn't want to give up on this season", and he won't buy since he doesn't want to spend assets because "it wouldn't make them cup contenders anyways"...

My prediction too. We'll ride a few years of just missing the playoffs or squeaking in and a first round loss until the core is too old and we have to rebuild
Blazingbat11 liked this.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 8:03 p.m.
a11111
What if next 3 weeks nothing happens , youre right ! It's gonna define the next 3 years ... nothing will happens !

Named me a good decision at second goalie in the last .. 5 years .. (good luck)

As bad as it may sound no UFA's gonna come here , we might as well go with that team trying to sell playoffs hope to fanbase .Unless the lottery ..

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll