SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

Kane scores 1000 points

Jan. 19, 2020 at 9:23 p.m.
Awesome, bang bang pass Kane to Carpenter to Saad for the goal!!!

Point leader of the last decade!
Jan. 19, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
Leafs fan...sorry
dOnT pOsT GeNeRaL disCUssIoN ThReADs iN aGm
Marincin_memes liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 9:32 p.m.
Formerly Jamiepo
And it was exactly what nobody wanted. A secondary assist... boo. Great for Kane but it would have been nice to have a highlight reel goal or assist.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 9:33 p.m.
Congrats on a great achievement...I can’t believe how old Kane is. He was just breaking into the league like, yesterday.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 9:36 p.m.
Quoting: Jamiepo
And it was exactly what nobody wanted. A secondary assist... boo. Great for Kane but it would have been nice to have a highlight reel goal or assist.

Yeah, but Kane created that goal for sure
GenXHockey liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 9:44 p.m.
Quoting: Bluejackets2000
Congrats on a great achievement...I can’t believe how old Kane is. He was just breaking into the league like, yesterday.

True story.. only time I ever played a fantasy league in my life. my boss talked me into it ( he always a big time Winnipeg fan). It was the season right after Kane had legal troubles in his home town of Buffalo during the off-season (2015?). Well we signed up for the yahoo league, but it turned out to be a California time zone league. I fell asleep since the draft was advertised at 9 pm, but was really 9 pm CA time, and I am in East time zone, so I was automatically drafted by the computer with the “next best” rated player. Kane was my top pick, and I freaked out since I didn’t know whether he would even play with the potential charges/suspension pending. My boss was so mad, and he kept trying to get me to trade Kane to him. I held onto him and Kane (and rest of my computer team) carried me through the season and I won the league at the end.
ChiHawk, will9739, CFMan and 2 others liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 9:56 p.m.
Will9739
Has he beat up any cabbies lately?
Bluejackets2000 liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 9:58 p.m.
Quoting: will9739
Has he beat up any cabbies lately?

No, but just about everyone else in the league in the last decade!
GenXHockey liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 9:59 p.m.
Will9739
Quoting: ChiHawk
No, but just about everyone else in the league in the last decade!

Touché
GenXHockey liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 10:45 p.m.
I was at the game tonight. Absolutely unreal atmosphere, such an unreal moment when he finally got it. Truly a legend.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 10:45 p.m.
True story.. only time I ever played a fantasy league in my life. my boss talked me into it ( he always a big time Winnipeg fan). It was the season right after Kane had legal troubles in his home town of Buffalo during the off-season (2015?). Well we signed up for the yahoo league, but it turned out to be a California time zone league. I fell asleep since the draft was advertised at 9 pm, but was really 9 pm CA time, and I am in East time zone, so I was automatically drafted by the computer with the “next best” rated player. Kane was my top pick, and I freaked out since I didn’t know whether he would even play with the potential charges/suspension pending. My boss was so mad, and he kept trying to get me to trade Kane to him. I held onto him and Kane (and rest of my computer team) carried me through the season and I won the league at the end.

There is a guy on here who told me a story about his Dad being Kane's coach when he played squirt and even then his Dad knew he was that dominant and would go to the NHL and be great. Pretty amazing how he stood head and shoulders above everyone at a young age.
Bluejackets2000 liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 10:46 p.m.
Absolute legend. Has to be the best American player ever at this point given everything he’s accomplished. Congrats Kaner, you are the model of consistency and you constantly make everyone around you a better player.
ChiHawk and Hawksince71 liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 10:47 p.m.
Quoting: Petrock83
I was at the game tonight. Absolutely unreal atmosphere, such an unreal moment when he finally got it. Truly a legend.

That must of been amazing to experience...very cool! Great for him, the fans and the league in general!
Petrock83 liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 10:54 p.m.
Quoting: HatterTParty
Absolute legend. Has to be the best American player ever at this point given everything he’s accomplished. Congrats Kaner, you are the model of consistency and you constantly make everyone around you a better player.

There are some great players in that mix; Brett Hull of course along with Mike Madono, Chelios, Brian Leetch, LaFontaine, Joe mullen, but at the end of his career I'm pretty sure Kaner will be at the top; definitely 1st ballad HOF guy and best point producer of the last decade by a good 35 points or so.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 11:07 p.m.
There are some great players in that mix; Brett Hull of course along with Mike Madono, Chelios, Brian Leetch, LaFontaine, Joe mullen, but at the end of his career I'm pretty sure Kaner will be at the top; definitely 1st ballad HOF guy and best point producer of the last decade by a good 35 points or so.

I’ll say this, IF he isn’t yet, I would say the best American player is either hull or chelios. 700+ goals for hull and 2 cups. 3 Norris trophies and 3 cups for chelios. However, I hesitate on hull because he was absolutely god awful on defensive and one dimensional of a player. Before anybody jumps on the defense part, Kane has for the most part actually improved greatly on defense in the last decade. Modano just lacks then individual achievements to me. Leetch will forever be second to chelios. LaFontaine again lacks the achievements and maybe longevity due to injury. As for Mullen, he always came across as a complementary player instead of a driver of the team. Doesn’t take away from his stats of course.

But overall, as it stands, only chelios and (maybe, I’ve been talking myself out of it as I write this) hull may stand in Kane’s way. In the end, I have no doubt he’ll be considered the best though.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 11:10 p.m.
I’ll say this, IF he isn’t yet, I would say the best American player is either hull or chelios. 700+ goals for hull and 2 cups. 3 Norris trophies and 3 cups for chelios. However, I hesitate on hull because he was absolutely god awful on defensive and one dimensional of a player. Before anybody jumps on the defense part, Kane has for the most part actually improved greatly on defense in the last decade. Modano just lacks then individual achievements to me. Leetch will forever be second to chelios. LaFontaine again lacks the achievements and maybe longevity due to injury. As for Mullen, he always came across as a complementary player instead of a driver of the team. Doesn’t take away from his stats of course.

But overall, as it stands, only chelios and (maybe, I’ve been talking myself out of it as I write this) hull may stand in Kane’s way. In the end, I have no doubt he’ll be considered the best though.

I was debating with someone on here a month ago because they didn't think Chelios belongs in the top 10 defenders of all time and Keith didn't belong in the top 25.
Jan. 19, 2020 at 11:26 p.m.
I was debating with someone on here a month ago because they didn't think Chelios belongs in the top 10 defenders of all time and Keith didn't belong in the top 25.

Okay, first of all...........what?????

Secondly, chelios easily is top 10 all time. Orr, Robinson, Wilson, lidstrom, borque, Coffey, Neidermeyer, CHELIOS, Potvin, and maybe Stevens?? Those are a few off the top of my head. If anyone really thinks chelios doesn’t belong there, gimme a damn break! Longevity, accolades, two way game, Captain, and pure leader of men. Nuff said.

As for Keith, maybe, just maybe, there’s room for debate. I’d say karlsson is the only one who comes close to him in the last decade. All time, I say he just gets in at 23-25 range.
ChiHawk liked this.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 2:50 a.m.
There is a guy on here who told me a story about his Dad being Kane's coach when he played squirt and even then his Dad knew he was that dominant and would go to the NHL and be great. Pretty amazing how he stood head and shoulders above everyone at a young age.

I picture Panarin being the same, but the Russian version of Kane, over in Russia pee wee, squirt, or tiny comrades, ...whatever they called it over there.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 2:53 a.m.
I picture Panarin being the same, but the Russian version of Kane, over in Russia pee wee, squirt, or tiny comrades, ...whatever they called it over there.

I like Panarin for sure and although they are definitely similar, Kane got a much earlier start to his career in the NHL and don't think Panarin will ever match Kane's point total as such.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 10:19 a.m.

It is impossible to compare hall of famers. All distinguished themselves above the rest by their unique attributes which make them great. In my observation, Kane’s best attributes is his patience with the puck, and his vision of the ice and anticipation of how a play will evolve.

One thing worth noting here. All the great hall of fame players mentioned played in a different era. Imagine the points Kane would accumulate if he played in the 1980’s? Easy 160 point season. It is worth noting Kane’s consistency in era that rightly can be called the most competitive in the history of the game.

Congrats, #88.
HatterTParty liked this.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 12:54 p.m.
Quoting: Hawksince71
It is impossible to compare hall of famers. All distinguished themselves above the rest by their unique attributes which make them great. In my observation, Kane’s best attributes is his patience with the puck, and his vision of the ice and anticipation of how a play will evolve.

One thing worth noting here. All the great hall of fame players mentioned played in a different era. Imagine the points Kane would accumulate if he played in the 1980’s? Easy 160 point season. It is worth noting Kane’s consistency in era that rightly can be called the most competitive in the history of the game.

Congrats, #88.

Can’t argue you with anything you said there at all. I do like to give my two cents, but realistically, they are all hall of famers and considered some of the greatest because of unique attributes. Kane in the 80s would have been just ridiculous though. Between his skills and the goaltending, absolute field day for showtime.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll