SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Mock-Draft

Current Rankings

Current Rankings

Draft Class: 2020
Created By: krakowitz
Published: Jan. 19, 2020 at 10:31 p.m.
Description
3-10 is damn near interchangeable, and I'll probably change my mind on that order 100000 times before the draft
Lottery Winners:
  1. Logo of the Detroit Red WingsDetroit Red Wings
  2. Logo of the Los Angeles KingsLos Angeles Kings
  3. Logo of the New Jersey DevilsNew Jersey Devils
ROUND 1TEAMORIGINALPLAYERDETAILS
1Logo of the Detroit Red Wings-Duh
2Logo of the Los Angeles Kings-Subpar WJC doesn't mean a whole lot
3Logo of the New Jersey Devils-Does literally everything at a high level
4Logo of the Ottawa Senators-Surefire 35-40 goal scorer for a looooong time
5Logo of the Anaheim Ducks-Top pairing written all over him, if not a number 1
6Logo of the Ottawa SenatorsLogo of the San Jose SharksIncredibly dynamic, high ceiling
7Logo of the Minnesota Wild-Having him at 7 seems wrong, but there are just guys I like a little bit more based on raw skillset
8Logo of the New York Rangers-Amazing two way player
9Logo of the Montreal Canadiens-Incredible upside, but also has one of the lower floors, causing him to drop. Wouldn't surprise me if he's a 1C or if he's a 3C
10Logo of the Buffalo Sabres-
Yaroslav Askarov
As tough as goalies are, he's sick
11Logo of the Nashville Predators-Very well rounded center, plays a skill game but can also be physical
12Logo of the Chicago Blackhawks-
Rodion Amirov
Great offensive skillset, probably projects as a 60+ point guy
13Logo of the Winnipeg Jets-Raw goal scorer and power forward, but has 200 foot issues
14Logo of the New Jersey DevilsLogo of the Arizona CoyotesGood skater, moves well
15Logo of the Vegas Golden Knights-JT Miller type of guy that will make an excellent complement to the top players.
16Logo of the Calgary Flames-
Helge Grans
Higher on him than most people are, but I love everything he brings to the table
17Logo of the Carolina HurricanesLogo of the Toronto Maple Leafs
Dawson Mercer
Well rounded offensive player, great when set up in the zone
18Logo of the Edmonton Oilers-
Jacob Perreault
Goal scoring center but has some defensive issues. Great weapon on the PP
19Logo of the Carolina Hurricanes-
William Wallinder
Boom or bust. He's got a lot of great offensive traits, but he gets beat a lot, especially defending one on one. He's a guy I'd take if I have multiple first round picks and/or a deep system
20Logo of the Florida Panthers-Good two way defenseman, but has been a bit underwhelming this year. Probably maxes out as a second pairing guy
21Logo of the Philadelphia Flyers-Another boom or bust. Makes a lot of sound offensive plays, but leaves you scratching your head a lot.
22Logo of the Tampa Bay LightningLogo of the Vancouver CanucksComplete center that takes care of his own end, retrieves pucks and is solid playmake
23Logo of the Columbus Blue Jackets-
John Jason Peterka
High IQ and a nice playmaking skillset, sneaky good shooter
24Logo of the Dallas Stars-
Alexander Pashin
Undersized, but has an amazing goal scoring instinct. Shoots well, releases fast. Doesn't drive play a ton, but can be very dangerous when paired with the right C
25Logo of the Colorado Avalanche-
Lukas Reichel
Complete winger that does a lot right. Doesn't have an exceptional skill, but isn't particularly bad at anything
26Logo of the New York Islanders-
Lukas Cormier
Good puck mover, strong IQ. Needs to shore up in his own end
27Logo of the Tampa Bay Lightning-Small, but plays a very strong game. Good at creating space in transition and in the offensive zone
28Logo of the Pittsburgh Penguins-Really good goal scorer, but benefits from line mates a lot. Has 25 goal upside when paired with the right center.
29Logo of the Boston Bruins-Coach's favorite player. Works the PP, kills penalties, does literally anything the coach can ask
30Logo of the St. Louis Blues-
Jake Sanderson
Big defenseman that's strong in his own end with a good first pass. Not as much upside as other guys, but safer.
31Logo of the Washington Capitals-A wide variety of offensive skills, but none of them really stand out. Probably a solid middle sixer to chip in 30-40 points
Jan. 19, 2020 at 11:18 p.m.
Great analysis thank you! The only thing I would argue is Perfetti dropping behind Lundell and Raymond.
aedoran and krakowitz liked this.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 2:13 a.m.
Quoting: ChiHawk
Great analysis thank you! The only thing I would argue is Perfetti dropping behind Lundell and Raymond.

I have to agree that is great analysis short and to the point.
ChiHawk and krakowitz liked this.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 6:32 a.m.
GM Hockeysaurus Rex
Helge Grans is borderline 1st round pick (should probably go around 35-45 overall), but I get the love for him. Incredible 2-way Dman. I like this a lot. IMO Lundell is third best player in this draft and only Raymond and Stutzle are close to him. Rest is behind. I love the Rodion Amirov love too. Good list and solid explanations throughout the whole thing. Thanks for finally a knowledgable draft rankings.
krakowitz liked this.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 10:42 a.m.
I'm way lower on Cole Perfetti than other people. I would take Rossi, Raymond and Lundell ahead of him.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 12:51 p.m.
Zuke is the goat
That's a superb draft! Pretty accurate especially the top 10 (the order might change depending on team needs but the top guys are there). I agree on Rossi, he's this years Caufield.
krakowitz liked this.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.
Banned
Barron has blood clots...no duh he has been underwhelming he hasn't played
Jan. 20, 2020 at 3:05 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: ChiHawk

Quoting: aedoran
I have to agree that is great analysis short and to the point.

Quoting: math731
That's a superb draft! Pretty accurate especially the top 10 (the order might change depending on team needs but the top guys are there). I agree on Rossi, he's this years Caufield.

Quoting: SammyT_51
Helge Grans is borderline 1st round pick (should probably go around 35-45 overall), but I get the love for him. Incredible 2-way Dman. I like this a lot. IMO Lundell is third best player in this draft and only Raymond and Stutzle are close to him. Rest is behind. I love the Rodion Amirov love too. Good list and solid explanations throughout the whole thing. Thanks for finally a knowledgable draft rankings.

I appreciate the positive feedback! The rankings from 3-10 are pretty much all personal preference. I can see the argument for any of those guys at 3, and they all have pretty strong cases. No real wrong answer.

As far as Grans goes, I know that I'm probably going to be higher on him than everyone else is going to be. Draft boards are so clustered these days, so if I'm going to have an outlier like that, I might as well accept that it's going to be different than most.
aedoran and ChiHawk liked this.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 3:07 p.m.
Emotionally in 2018
Quoting: BigOaf69
Barron has blood clots...no duh he has been underwhelming he hasn't played

Even when he was playing and was (at least reportedly) healthy, he was underwhelming to me. Not to say he won't be a fine NHLer

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll