SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Winnipeg Jets

Lowry out for a month

Jan. 20, 2020 at 2:43 p.m.
Spleenmaster1002
WHEN WILL IT END
Jan. 20, 2020 at 2:48 p.m.
I know Lowry isn't the most popular player for the Jets on here... but this looks like a dagger for their playoff chances. That fourth line doesn't have much going on.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 2:50 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Waiver claim?
Jan. 20, 2020 at 2:55 p.m.
OTT offers:

Tierney (25yo RFA C) + Hainsey (Vet D @ 50%/1.75M retained)

for

2020 3rd + 2021 2nd

---------------------

Shores up D with experience you dont need to re-sign. You get a C that wont leave you after the playoffs
Jan. 20, 2020 at 3:09 p.m.
Quoting: PLDGEY
OTT offers:

Tierney (25yo RFA C) + Hainsey (Vet D @ 50%/1.75M retained)

for

2020 3rd + 2021 2nd

---------------------

Shores up D with experience you dont need to re-sign. You get a C that wont leave you after the playoffs

Jets say no. I don’t see Chevy making any moves. He’s likely going to wait till the TDL to evaluate where we’re at. Then make a move if we still have a hope for playoffs.

Yeah idk I’m not a huge fan of Lowry, but this does suck for the team. With him out we definitely are going to slide a lot in the standings as we have a difficult next 10 games. I doubt we do any better than 2-8. If I’m WPG, I’m looking at a complete retool for next year.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 3:25 p.m.
total_knut
I still think there's a Stastny for Byfuglien deal out there that makes sense. Maybe Stastny and Holden for Buff and a pick. The pick can be upgraded if Jets make playoffs OR VGK misses playoffs. The pick can be further upgraded if Jets make playoffs AND VGK misses playoffs.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 3:35 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: tsyls
Jets say no. I don’t see Chevy making any moves. He’s likely going to wait till the TDL to evaluate where we’re at. Then make a move if we still have a hope for playoffs.

Yeah idk I’m not a huge fan of Lowry, but this does suck for the team. With him out we definitely are going to slide a lot in the standings as we have a difficult next 10 games. I doubt we do any better than 2-8. If I’m WPG, I’m looking at a complete retool for next year.

I disagree, this is a trade worth making. Tierney can be part of the retool, Lowry needs to not be a Jet next season.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 3:40 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Unfortunate for Lowry to be hurt but I'm glad I won't have to watch his useless play for a month, he really is a terrible hockey player.

On the other hand it sucks cause I was really hoping that maybe they'd trade him at the TDL but doubt that happens now with him out of the lineup.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 3:55 p.m.
Quoting: MisstheWhalers
I disagree, this is a trade worth making. Tierney can be part of the retool, Lowry needs to not be a Jet next season.

Fair enough. I guess getting tierney isn’t a bad idea. Maybe if they take Lowry back the other way haha. I’m on the same page as you, happy I don’t have to watch Lowry for a month.
MisstheWhalers liked this.
Jan. 20, 2020 at 5:47 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
Quoting: tsyls
Fair enough. I guess getting tierney isn’t a bad idea. Maybe if they take Lowry back the other way haha. I’m on the same page as you, happy I don’t have to watch Lowry for a month.

I bet there would've been plenty of teams interested in Lowry, lots of these old hockey men that run these teams like big players that can't skate for some reason.. Lol.. He'd be a good fit for the Islanders system.
Tierney would help now, could even try him at 2C and shift Wheeler back to the wing, the captain looks exhausted. All that line needs is steady production, maybe Tierney has a bit of an uptick with better wingers, would be worth a try anyway if they did acquire him.
I hear Vesalainen has been recalled and Copp is the 3C now, would be great if this all went well and they started getting some more production from line 3, if that happens maybe they'll finally see what they've been missing this whole time.
I like change and that 3rd line has been stale forever, I'll be happy to see some different lines at the very least.
tsyls liked this.
Jan. 26, 2020 at 1:16 p.m.
slomo
Lowry is the most unappreciated player on the Jets. Stop looking at his point production and look at his hits, blocked shots, faceoffs and all other defensive stats. Copp, Lowry and Tierney could be a fantastic line. Wonder if we could get Demelo from Ott instead of Hainsey? Let's say Terieny and Demelo for Perrault, Beaulieau and a 4th?

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll