SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/Chicago Blackhawks

Lets Cut Him Some Slack

Jan. 21, 2020 at 12:32 p.m.
With the Hawks playing the Panthers tonight, I want to get something off my chest. A few weeks ago I went to a Blackhawks game and at the start of it when they announced Jeremy Colliton's name, the whole crowd booed, including myself. However after the noise died down I began to feel sorry for the dude. Before that game I didn't give it one thought about it. I hated the fact that he was brought in and Quenneville was left packing his bags. Now I give Colliton a lot of crap, some of which may be a bit called for, but a large majority of it was not. He gets a ton of crap from the fans for something that wasn't even his fault. Bowman has been sniping at Coach Q for quite a while and the season prior was just the reason Bowman needed to fire him. Colliton was just the guy who jumped at the chance to be the head coach of an NHL team. Let;s face it, if we were in his situation we probably make the same situation. Personally I don't like Colliton, I think the main reason he got his position was because he probably is buddies with Bowman, an not really happy with how he performs as a coach and I really just don't respect him. However that could change over time. Do I think he could be better than Quenneville, no I don't think so, but I do believe that he doesn't deserve the hate as he gets.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 12:34 p.m.
v5 CBJ GM
Yes I agree even though I have no idea what we're talking about lol
Jan. 27, 2020 at 3:56 p.m.
Almost anyone would have a hard time replacing Q for the fans. Q is a legend in Chicago. I'll talk about my frustrations about Colliton online but I don't want to boo him at the games. Makes the fans look bad.

Colliton has been handed a much better team this year than Q was handed at the start of last year. On paper, I don't see why this team shouldn't be in the playoffs. The fans are growing restless of wasting Kane's time not in the playoffs. Colliton has proved he is capable of bringing this team to the playoffs. They almost made it after that strong second half of the season last year. Hopefully he can make that same push again. We are in a good position now to come back from the all star break and make that push.
hockeyfan78 liked this.
Feb. 14, 2020 at 8:23 p.m.
Executive Director
Quoting: TheJonSnow
Almost anyone would have a hard time replacing Q for the fans. Q is a legend in Chicago. I'll talk about my frustrations about Colliton online but I don't want to boo him at the games. Makes the fans look bad.

Colliton has been handed a much better team this year than Q was handed at the start of last year. On paper, I don't see why this team shouldn't be in the playoffs. The fans are growing restless of wasting Kane's time not in the playoffs. Colliton has proved he is capable of bringing this team to the playoffs. They almost made it after that strong second half of the season last year. Hopefully he can make that same push again. We are in a good position now to come back from the all star break and make that push.

The fans are entitled to boo whoever they want. As they say "the customer is always right". Without those fans, that clown Jeremy Colliton would be toiling in some middle management position. Probably causing havoc there too. Don't feel bad for this guy he's making MILLIONS and doing a terrible job.

Colliton HAS NOT proved he can take a team to the playoffs. Sure the team played well in the second half but the team sucked when he came in...losing 18 of the first 21 games he coached. I know he was new and all, but there's no way even with the injuries that we win only THREE games out of TWENTY-ONE.
hockeyfan78 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll