SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

MTL FANS - What is the price for Lehkonen

Jan. 21, 2020 at 8:48 p.m.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 9:10 p.m.
Were really high on this guy, it's not about point production with him.
Late 1st.
Early 2nd, + b prospect
20ish year old developing prospect who was a mid-late first rounder.

Hes a premier defensive 3rd liner
Jan. 21, 2020 at 9:11 p.m.
Might be higher than you think. For value what are they actually going to get that is potentially better? He slots in perfectly on a third line wing or top 6 with two high end guys on his line. He also slots in perfectly in your salary cap. So imo a first round pick (which I'm assuming no team would do) or a good D-prospect. Not a A+ prospect but just the tier below
chuck28 liked this.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 9:19 p.m.
Quoting: Pmanningno2
Late 1st.
Early 2nd, + b prospect

Quoting: Commonsense27
Might be higher than you think. For value what are they actually going to get that is potentially better? He slots in perfectly on a third line wing or top 6 with two high end guys on his line. He also slots in perfectly in your salary cap. So imo a first round pick (which I'm assuming no team would do) or a good D-prospect. Not a A+ prospect but just the tier below

Let's say MTL trades him for LHD Brady Sjkei. What else would need to be added to the deal?

Also I think first rounders do not move for the type of player you are describing (think you both are a little high on your demands). But I wanted to see in terms of a hockey deal.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 9:19 p.m.
john_michael
He is worth more in MTL than anywhere else. He is undervalued because he is so efficient defensively. + he is on a reasonable contract so no incentives to trade him. Altough if a team offer a 1st, then I assume Bergevin will consider it.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 9:20 p.m.
john_michael
Quoting: rja
Let's say MTL trades him for LHD Brady Sjkei. What else would need to be added to the deal?

That sounds interesting. I think Mtl would need to add. I don't know what NYR might want or need.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 9:23 p.m.
Quoting: john_michael
That sounds interesting. I think Mtl would need to add. I don't know what NYR might want or need.

What is at most you would be willing to part with? Would Sjkei for Lehkonen and a second rounder be fair?
Jan. 21, 2020 at 9:27 p.m.
I agree, Brady Sjkei would be a good hockey deal.
He would just be very difficult for the Habs to replace right now.
His stick checking and positioning is insane.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
a11111
What is at most you would be willing to part with? Would Sjkei for Lehkonen and a second rounder be fair?

No . Lekhonen is not on the move . No thanks to a late first . Chance of late first to do better than what he is atm is slim imo .
RobbStark03 and HabsForEver liked this.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 9:29 p.m.
john_michael

From habs side, it's fair. I don't know what NYR fans would think about it. But I'm a big fan of Skjei, so I would be tempted to say yes to such deal.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 9:32 p.m.
Quoting: a1111
No . Lekhonen is not on the move . No thanks to a late first . Chance of late first to do better than what he is atm is slim imo .

Sure but you have a surplus of solid wingers and a need for a LHD; figured Sjkei for Lehkonen with another asset involved would help both teams.
Jan. 21, 2020 at 9:35 p.m.
a11111
Sure but you have a surplus of solid wingers and a need for a LHD; figured Sjkei for Lehkonen with another asset involved would help both teams.

We might moves Tatar because of Ufa and age consideration .. Then Lekhonen would be even more important .
Sjkei was a good player last time i check that not in question . LHD should be more prototype to pair Weber (ex.Q.Hugues)
Jan. 22, 2020 at 8:09 a.m.

Problem here is that Lehkonen is unrated by most. So keep him and trade a winger that has far more value.
a1111 liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 8:48 a.m.
Quoting: RobbStark03
Problem here is that Lehkonen is unrated by most. So keep him and trade a winger that has far more value.

What if the other team wants Lehkonen specifically? See above for a proposal.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 9:05 a.m.
What if the other team wants Lehkonen specifically? See above for a proposal.

IF they value Lehkonen as much as the Habs do, the rest of the NHL is going to **** and moan about what a massive overpayment. I wouldn't trade Lehkonen for Sjkei. And I definitely wouldn't add from Montreal's side. He is young and will always have a lower cap hit because his play style is underappreciated. We can't afford to keep all of Tatar, Domi, Danault, Gallagher. Those are the players that should be considered for trade.
rja and HabsForEver liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 9:11 a.m.
IF they value Lehkonen as much as the Habs do, the rest of the NHL is going to **** and moan about what a massive overpayment. I wouldn't trade Lehkonen for Sjkei. And I definitely wouldn't add from Montreal's side. He is young and will always have a lower cap hit because his play style is underappreciated. We can't afford to keep all of Tatar, Domi, Danault, Gallagher. Those are the players that should be considered for trade.

Ok, fair. Thank you for your input.
RobbStark03 liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 9:19 a.m.
Quoting: Pmanningno2
Late 1st.
Early 2nd, + b prospect

Quoting: Commonsense27

Quoting: a1111

Sorry to rope all of you back in, but I just wanted to ask all of you how much you would be willing to give up for Brady Sjkei in general? Lehkonen not included.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 9:44 a.m.
Sorry to rope all of you back in, but I just wanted to ask all of you how much you would be willing to give up for Brady Sjkei in general? Lehkonen not included.

I don't know a whole lot about Sjkei, but should Montreal be in the market for him? I know Montreal has been lacking LD players for years, but we have help coming internally.

Mete
Chiarot (pleasant surprise)
Romanov (one of the best NHL prospects)

Struble, Norlinder, Harris all showing potential.

Not sure Sjkei is a significant upgrade on what me might have. Brooks and Juulsen haven't developed as expected this year, and outside of Weber, Petry, Fleury our RD is extremely weak if those prospects don't make a major jump. We might be switching our "Needs" soon.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 9:47 a.m.
I don't know a whole lot about Sjkei, but should Montreal be in the market for him? I know Montreal has been lacking LD players for years, but we have help coming internally.

Mete

Not sure Sjkei is a significant upgrade on what me might have. Brooks and Juulsen haven't developed as expected this year, and outside of Weber, Petry, Fleury our RD is extremely weak if those prospects don't make a major jump. We might be switching our "Needs" soon.

I have a feeling you will be drafting a RHD in first or second round this year. But I think Mete can play both sides, no? I just think for at least a couple of years none of your current LHD show they can play top pairing, and Sjkei has been doing that with NYR. Figuring that Bergevin wants to start competing soon, Sjkei would be someone he would target.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 7:15 p.m.
john_michael

Mete

Skjei is very very good. He would be our best D, after Weber. Kind of similar to Petry to me. Lehkonen for Skjei straight up, I would do it.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 7:17 p.m.
Skjei is very very good. He would be our best D, after Weber. Kind of similar to Petry to me. Lehkonen for Skjei straight up, I would do it.

There's very few players I would keep over Lehkonen on Montreal. He's very underrated.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 7:18 p.m.

Would you add the Chicago 2nd you acquired in the Shaw trade? That would do it for me. You get Sjkei for 4 years.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 7:19 p.m.
Quoting: HabsForEver
There's very few players I would keep over Lehkonen on Montreal. He's very underrated.

I think I rate him pretty well if I am offering a top 4 defenseman for him and an extra second rounder you got.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 7:24 p.m.
john_michael
Would you add the Chicago 2nd you acquired in the Shaw trade? That would do it for me. You get Sjkei for 4 years.

Let's just say that I consider it a lot. It's a fair deal. I'm a big fan of Skjei. I remember last time Rangers kicked us out in first round of 17' playoffs. Skjei was by far their best D. Since then I want him in MTL.
I would add a 2nd if we would be in a playoff push mode. But right now, considering we are in a rebuild, every high pick are crucial for us...
Jan. 22, 2020 at 8:59 p.m.
I think I rate him pretty well if I am offering a top 4 defenseman for him and an extra second rounder you got.

Wouldn't do it. We don't need Skjei.
RobbStark03 liked this.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll