SalarySwishSalarySwish
Forums/NHL Trades

Who won the Kadri Barrie TOR COL Trade

Jan. 22, 2020 at 1:36 a.m.
Banned
Gotta give the edge to Colorado. Got a solid 2nd line Center, great young and cheap defenseman, get a 3rd from a 6th and dump a albatross is Kerfoot’s $3.5M AAV for another 4 years lmao. Leafs get an AHL 1st line center who only played good in Colorado, a defenseman who is leaving in UFA and played terrible in Toronto and was also only good in Colorado, and downgraded their pick from 3rd rounder to a 6th LOL.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 1:42 a.m.
Kadri wrote his fate here in Toronto after the second suspension. I love him and I miss him in the blue and white. I’m glad he’s playing well for the avs. He deserved more ice time. But the leafs can also upgrade from barrie next year. Maybe pietranglo comes home and then we go.
Dermott- pietranglo
Rielly-holl
Sandin-liligren
Jan. 22, 2020 at 1:46 a.m.
Banned
Quoting: Leafs_fan13
Kadri wrote his fate here in Toronto after the second suspension. I love him and I miss him in the blue and white. I’m glad he’s playing well for the avs. He deserved more ice time. But the leafs can also upgrade from barrie next year. Maybe pietranglo comes home and then we go.
Dermott- pietranglo
Rielly-holl
Sandin-liligren

Where is Toronto’s getting all this cap space tho. Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Tavares, Johnsson, Rielly, Andersen, now Pietrangelo?
gregb569 liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 1:52 a.m.
Quoting: JokiharjuForNylanderLMAO
Where is Toronto’s getting all this cap space tho. Matthews, Marner, Nylander, Kapanen, Tavares, Johnsson, Rielly, Andersen, now Pietrangelo?

Or we go a cheaper route and sign Brodie
Saskleaf liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 2:01 a.m.
LongtimeLeafsufferer
Barrie certainly hasn't been good and often times poor but the Leafs needed a short term fill at RHD and 2.75m, Barrie seemed quite acceptable at the time. Certainly Kerfoot hasn't been a 3.5m cap dump as you suggest. Leafs have enough cap space for next year, but no as much as they would like most teams. Gee you're a Ranger fan and you think the Leafs have cap issues LOL. Rangers don't enough cap to sign their own RFA. Over 7m in buyout money next year. The unwanted Staal, Smith and Lundqvist using over 18m,
Jan. 22, 2020 at 2:01 a.m.
GM - Canucks
Edited Jan. 22, 2020 at 2:21 a.m.
Think Leafs and Dubas made a great trade to replace Kadri with Kerfoot who has superior playmaking skills and is younger and cheaper and just as effective as Kadri. Kadri had wore out his welcome in Toronto by probably costing the Leafs beating the Bruins in the playoffs the last two years in a row by getting suspended in both years.

Leafs picking up Barrie with Colorado paying a big portion of his salary was an absolute home run for Leafs in getting one of the top powerplay offensive defenceman in the entire NHL for 1 year on the cheap salary. Rosen good hockey player but was not going to make the Leafs this year and draft choices are just a crap shoot for both teams.
LittleBuddha liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 6:59 a.m.
Why are you so obsessed with the Leafs
Jan. 22, 2020 at 8:50 a.m.
torontos finest
Three threads in a row is some next level "rent free" lunacy.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 9:07 a.m.
Colorado got the best player but both teams got what they wanted. toronto got a cheap top 4 RD and a cheaper 3rd line center. Avs got a decent draft choice/trade chip and a solid 2nd line center which they desperately needed. Its really a win for both teams on paper. Kerfoot has been about as good as youd expect from him. Barrie, not so much.
Xqb15 liked this.
Feb. 5, 2020 at 9:19 p.m.
Kerfoot is a nice player, but he isn’t Kadri. Toronto rolled the dice on this trade and because Babcock tried to change Barrie it didn’t work out.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll