Forums/Armchair-GM

LAK Trade

Created by: Jetman
Team: 2019-20 Winnipeg Jets
Initial Creation Date: Jan. 22, 2020
Published: Jan. 22, 2020
Salary Cap Mode: Basic
Description
I'm just not sure what LAK want for these two players.

They get a young top6 F, a D prospect and two picks
Trades
WPG
  1. Martinez, Alec
  2. Toffoli, Tyler
  3. 2020 4th round pick (LAK)
LAK
  1. Kulikov, Dmitry
  2. Roslovic, Jack
  3. Stanley, Logan
  4. 2020 2nd round pick (WPG)
  5. 2020 3rd round pick (WPG)
DraftRound 1Round 2Round 3Round 4Round 5Round 6Round 7
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the LAK
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
Logo of the WPG
ROSTER SIZESALARY CAPCAP HITOVERAGES TooltipBONUSESCAP SPACE
23$81,500,000$82,059,525$0$60,000-$559,525
Left WingCentreRight Wing
Logo of the Winnipeg Jets
$7,142,857$7,142,857
LW
UFA - 7
$6,125,000$6,125,000
C
UFA - 5
$4,995,000$4,995,000
C, RW, LW
UFA - 2
$6,000,000$6,000,000
RW, LW
UFA - 6
$8,250,000$8,250,000
RW
NMC
UFA - 5
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$4,600,000$4,600,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$2,280,000$2,280,000
C, LW, RW
UFA - 2
$5,291,667$5,291,667
C, RW
NMC
UFA - 5
$4,125,000$4,125,000
LW, RW, C
M-NTC
UFA - 2
$2,916,667$2,916,667
C
UFA - 2
$741,667$741,667
RW
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
C
UFA - 1
Left DefenseRight DefenseGoaltender
$3,150,000$3,150,000
LD
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000
RD
UFA - 2
$6,166,667$6,166,667
G
UFA - 5
Logo of the Los Angeles Kings
$4,000,000$4,000,000
LD
UFA - 2
$3,000,000$3,000,000
RD
UFA - 2
$1,225,000$1,225,000
G
UFA - 1
$775,000$775,000 (Performance Bonus$60,000$60K)
LD/RD
UFA - 1
$7,600,000$7,600,000
RD
M-NTC
UFA - 2
ScratchesInjured Reserve (IR)Long Term IR (LTIR)
$700,000$700,000
RW, LW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
C, RW
UFA - 1
$700,000$700,000
LD
UFA - 1
$750,000$750,000
LD
UFA - 1

Embed Code

• To display this team on another website or blog, add this iFrame to the appropriate page
  • Customize the height attribute in the iFrame code below to fit your website appropriately. Minimum recommended: 400px.

Text-Embed

Click to Highlight
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:14 p.m.
LAK need a first coming back in this deal
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:25 p.m.
Jetsfan
Quoting: edonutz
LAK need a first coming back in this deal

LAK wants a first but if they get a really good young player and a second instead, it should do the trick
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:26 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
I'd say we want a second and a good prospect for Martinez and a second, a third and a prospect for Toffoli. Your inclusion of Kulikov, who is essentially a cap dump, complicates matters.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:30 p.m.
Quoting: OldNYIfan
I'd say we want a second and a good prospect for Martinez and a second, a third and a prospect for Toffoli. Your inclusion of Kulikov, who is essentially a cap dump, complicates matters.

How does kulikov affect this? He has 1 year left. It’s to even cap. I honestly think this is fair. Roslovic is a really good young player with top 6 potential he’s probably worth a late first on his own. Plus a 2nd 3rd and Stanley. This is more than fair. Kulikov has no affect in this. His cap hit is lower than toffolis , then factor in martinez’ 4m. It’s basically a wash on salaries. Plus kulikov can be a solid 5-6 guy and a 3-4 on a team starving for d.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:32 p.m.
Jetsfan
Quoting: tsyls
How does kulikov affect this? He has 1 year left. It’s to even cap. I honestly think this is fair. Roslovic is a really good young player with top 6 potential he’s probably worth a late first on his own. Plus a 2nd 3rd and Stanley. This is more than fair. Kulikov has no affect in this. His cap hit is lower than toffolis , then factor in martinez’ 4m. It’s basically a wash on salaries. Plus kulikov can be a solid 5-6 guy and a 3-4 on a team starving for d.

Thats my thought regarding Kulikov...He is a piece to replace Mart for the remainder of the year...My thought on this was Rosy for Toffoli and Stanley, 2nd, 3rd for A Mart and a 4th
tsyls liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:43 p.m.
Quoting: Jetman
Thats my thought regarding Kulikov...He is a piece to replace Mart for the remainder of the year...My thought on this was Rosy for Toffoli and Stanley, 2nd, 3rd for A Mart and a 4th

Exactly, I don’t get how kulikov affects this lmfao. But I don’t mind the move. It’s just not what I would make as Jets are going to go on a slide, including last nights game it’s likely they go 2-8 in the next 10. Playoffs are way out of reach imo. The underlying numbers show that our team isn’t even playing that good. The only reason we’re even close to a playoff spot is because of our goaltending at the start of the year and the shooting pct we had at the start of the year. Our systems are failing and that’s purely on the coaches. But I mean it doesn’t help when we have an extremely depleted blueline.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:44 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

I was answering the question posed in the Team Explanation, not the question of whether the trade is fair. I told the team constructor what I thought the two players were worth, but think that said value would change if Winnipeg insisted on including (or had to include, for cap reasons) Kulikov in the trade.

Consistent with my evaluation, if I were constructing a trade of Toffoli and Martinez to Winnipeg, here's what I think Winnipeg should give us:

2020 second
2021 second
Dylan Samberg (because you have Niku, Heinola and Stanley on that side already)
Michael Spacek or Johnathan Kovacevic or Simon Lundmark

LA could retain on both in order to comply with your cap situation.

That doesn't get you under, so add Kulikov (if he agrees) and we add the Calgary fourth.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:45 p.m.
Jetsfan
Exactly, I don’t get how kulikov affects this lmfao. But I don’t mind the move. It’s just not what I would make as Jets are going to go on a slide, including last nights game it’s likely they go 2-8 in the next 10. Playoffs are way out of reach imo. The underlying numbers show that our team isn’t even playing that good. The only reason we’re even close to a playoff spot is because of our goaltending at the start of the year and the shooting pct we had at the start of the year. Our systems are failing and that’s purely on the coaches. But I mean it doesn’t help when we have an extremely depleted blueline.

Of course...this is only if the Jets are in a position to make the playoffs...One advantage, is that the Pacific sucks and we have a decent chance still of getting a WC spot.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:47 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

"lmfao"?!?!??! really?

Kulikov affects this because he's dead weight, even on our team.

"lmfao" indeed. What an ignorant snottiness.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:47 p.m.
Jetsfan
I was answering the question posed in the Team Explanation, not the question of whether the trade is fair. I told the team constructor what I thought the two players were worth, but think that said value would change if Winnipeg insisted on including (or had to include, for cap reasons) Kulikov in the trade.

Consistent with my evaluation, if I were constructing a trade of Toffoli and Martinez to Winnipeg, here's what I think Winnipeg should give us:

2020 second
2021 second

That doesn't get you under, so add Kulikov (if he agrees) and we add the Calgary fourth.

Rosy takes away from a prospect and a 2nd. He can be a player to take Toffoli's spot right away and is under team control for a few years.

I do get your evolution though...
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:49 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

We don't need Kulikov to replace Martinez for the rest of this season because we have youngsters we'd like to audition for next year. Kulikov is a useless mouth to us. Your original thought is fine; my original comment that adding in Kulikov complicates matters stands.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:50 p.m.

2020 second
2021 second

I understand your valuation. But you got to factor roslovics value in to this. Also Samberg is our best D prospect so he’s not getting moved. I think the most wed offer is 2021 1st + Niku + Spacek + Kulikov for cap reasons. We’d obviously have to include a condition on the first that it’s top 10 protected. It’s either roslovic or a 1st.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:51 p.m.
"lmfao"?!?!??! really?

Kulikov affects this because he's dead weight, even on my our team.

"lmfao" indeed. What an ignorant snottiness.

My lmfao wasn’t meant to be snotty, more so just me laughing that kulikov affects the trade that much... I just think that it’s funny because he’s literally got 1 year left and would only be with the club for one month. Plus imo you’re getting more value from roslovic than a 2021 1st.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:51 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
Rosy takes away from a prospect and a 2nd. He can be a player to take Toffoli's spot right away and is under team control for a few years.

I do get your evolution though...

I have no complaint about your original trade minus Kulikov. Your reasoning is entirely sound.
tsyls liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:53 p.m.
Jetsfan
I understand your valuation. But you got to factor roslovics value in to this. Also Samberg is our best D prospect so he’s not getting moved. I think the most wed offer is 2021 1st + Niku + Spacek + Kulikov for cap reasons. We’d obviously have to include a condition on the first that it’s top 10 protected. It’s either roslovic or a 1st.

We don't need Kulikov to replace Martinez for the rest of this season because we have youngsters we'd like to audition for next year. Kulikov is a useless mouth to us. Your original thought is fine; my original comment that adding in Kulikov complicates matters stands.

We don't have to send Kulikov away for the Cap but its more on the money side as we need to get rid of a D as we have way too many "7th D" players already...This was my only thought...

But I do say this, if Kulikov on here was a deal breaker in real life, the Jets would take him off...its not a big deal per say
tsyls and OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 5:57 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too

Okay, now we're on a different subject than the one I originally addressed. Looking at the trade as suggested, I agree that Roslovic is of greater value than a second. I wouldn't object to that or your offer, either. By the way, the reason why I suggested Samberg is that he isn't signed yet and the prospect rating service I look at has Niku, Heinola and Stanley ahead of him, so I was going for what I understand to be your fourth-best LhD prospect.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 6:01 p.m.
Okay, now we're on a different subject than the one I originally addressed. Looking at the trade as suggested, I agree that Roslovic is of greater value than a second. I wouldn't object to that or your offer, either. By the way, the reason why I suggested Samberg is that he isn't signed yet and the prospect rating service I look at has Niku, Heinola and Stanley ahead of him, so I was going for what I understand to be your fourth-best LhD prospect.

Ahhhh okay I see, like Jetman said if Kulikov is a deal breaker he can be moved somewhere else as a dump but I do think the deal proposed is very solid. I’m glad we’re on the same page for that. Yeah I guess maybe Samberg not being signed and his age maybe lowers him. He’s a dominant force in the NCAA and will most likely be a 2nd pairing guy next year. I think he’s our best d prospect as he’s NHL ready now. I guess maybe heinola could be better.
OldNYIfan liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 6:01 p.m.
Once a Kings Fan Too
My lmfao wasn’t meant to be snotty, more so just me laughing that kulikov affects the trade that much... I just think that it’s funny because he’s literally got 1 year left and would only be with the club for one month. Plus imo you’re getting more value from roslovic than a 2021 1st.

Okay, explanation accepted. And I may be over-rating the value of carrying Kulikov for the balance of the after-TDL season. I just think it must have some tangible significance, however small.

I'd let you keep Roslovic if you believe that his value is greater than the protected 2021 first. We have plenty of forward prospects (Vilardi, Anderson-Dolan, Turcotte, whoever we get in June, etc., in addition to the kids we have on the big team now).
tsyls liked this.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 6:07 p.m.
MisstheWhalers
This is just terrible for the Jets, like good gawd how many more picks and prospects should they deal for rentals?
Roslovic is RFA controlled for at least 4 more seasons, a 2nd and 3rd in what's said to be a deep draft plus Stanley is just way too much to give for a team that's almost last in the Central Division and has traded way to many assets away for nothing in the last two years.

Yes Martinez has another year of term but big deal,
this is the worst kind of trade the Jets could make, maybe it's fair idk, I think it's a bit much for Toffoli and Martinez but regardless it's just a really bad move for the Jets.
Jan. 22, 2020 at 6:41 p.m.
According to multiple sources, Toffoli and Martinez are each worth a 2nd and a prospect (Toffoli probably warrants a better prospect). Kings will want to net an additional draft pick each for Toffoli and Martinez. I don't think they'd be interested in upgrading a 4th to a 3rd.

If it were me, I would be targeting a 2020 2nd, a 2021 2nd, David Gustafsson, and Logan Stanley. Kulikov can be included if desired.

To create a post please Login or Register
Question:
Options:
Add Option
Submit Poll